Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Anyone who watches this movie for the October challenge gets this gang tag instead of the regular one:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mamma Mia!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Anyone who watches this movie for the October challenge gets this gang tag instead of the regular one:

I’ll only watch this movie

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
What movie I have to know

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

gently caress yessss gently caress yesssssssss

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Count Thrashula posted:

What movie I have to know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJXqvnT_rsk

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

the art of cinema

https://twitter.com/BlanksJamie/status/1704088160966504625?s=20

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Well, I know what one of my rewatches is gonna be.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Well I wasn't GOING to watch it but

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

O shiiiiiiiit. Looks like saving this for the challenge was a real good decision.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lol horror thread gunna have so many gangtags

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
They're actually making a sequel to it and I am loving there.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

IMO Copper, Palmer, Clark (not pictured) and (obviously) Bennings

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

CineD Horror Thread superiority, all other threads are just imitators or changelings. I will shitpost gang tags for all the thread favorites, I have no power and no dignity.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm here for it

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I think I can give people gang tags.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hollismason posted:

I think I can give people gang tags.

I have to get an admin to add them to the system first

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Obviously this rules, but I was curious about what else this guy's done and it turns out nothing. He made the dreadful 2008 remake of Long Weekend.

The original Long Weekend rules though, everyone watch that.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Valentine stank on ice.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I don't remember Urban Legend being all that good either, honestly.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Disposable Scud posted:

Valentine stank on ice.

It’s good to appreciate times like this, when someone has created a whole new string of words, never before in that sequence.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

MacheteZombie posted:

I can drop my Biotic Gods one to make room since I can't remember the last time I played any Mass Effect games.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gang gang
Sleeping bag bang woo
Sleeping bag bang woox5

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Mmm, Ice Cream Man so good.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Mmm, candyman
Candyman
Candyman
Candyman
Candyman
*chat abruptly cuts off*

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
anyone else find themselves getting softer as they age?

I watched Talk to Me and about halfway I was all upset because I didn't want to see bad things happen to these kids

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

gently caress dem kids!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Please don’t.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

WHY BONER NOW posted:

anyone else find themselves getting softer as they age?

I watched Talk to Me and about halfway I was all upset because I didn't want to see bad things happen to these kids

I wouldn't call it getting softer, but more as time goes on and we get more life experience, our horror tastes can potentially change. For example, I've always worried about the animals in horror films, but when it came to things happening to small children, I didn't particularly care. But then I had kids and that all changed. I don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones did a number to my head, or I had a greater empathy on here's this baby or toddler who completely depends on you for everything and is helpless after having my own and there we go. Teens, I'm fine with whatever happens because I've been around more than enough bratty ones.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

M_Sinistrari posted:

I wouldn't call it getting softer, but more as time goes on and we get more life experience, our horror tastes can potentially change. For example, I've always worried about the animals in horror films, but when it came to things happening to small children, I didn't particularly care. But then I had kids and that all changed. I don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones did a number to my head, or I had a greater empathy on here's this baby or toddler who completely depends on you for everything and is helpless after having my own and there we go. Teens, I'm fine with whatever happens because I've been around more than enough bratty ones.

Man, imagine a mother loving her child but being ready to kill kids as soon as they're old enough to smoke weed and have sex.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Jedit posted:

Man, imagine a mother loving her child but being ready to kill kids as soon as they're old enough to smoke weed and have sex.

I blame working retail too long.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

M_Sinistrari posted:

I blame working retail too long.

Please rank the Black Friday the 13th movies in order of preference.

There has to be a horror movie based around Black Friday, doesn't there?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Jedit posted:

Please rank the Black Friday the 13th movies in order of preference.

There has to be a horror movie based around Black Friday, doesn't there?

Black Friday from 2021 with Bruce Campbell and Devon Sawa.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
As I've gotten older I've lost tolerance for different scenes in horror mostly assaults and extreme gore or something that's nihilistic

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I've never had an appetite for mean or cruel horror, but the older I get the more sensitive I am to it.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Hollismason posted:

As I've gotten older I've lost tolerance for different scenes in horror mostly assaults and extreme gore or something that's nihilistic

For me it started with Asian horror where after the I can't count how many times a woman got her nipples razored off, I sat there thinking 'why am I still watching'.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Baron von Eevl posted:

I don't remember Urban Legend being all that good either, honestly.

it’s not. The opening scene with Brad Dourif is the only good part

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

I got a weird look yesterday talking to a younger co-worker about horror and I said I won't watch a lot of older horror because of the sexual violence. Guess I'm getting old too?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

I'm down for whatever gorewise and always crave more physical effect carnage. show me the dollars on the screen baby!

I do like to know a movie is kind of "cruel" beforehand though, so I can mentally anticipate any heavy thematic poo poo. unless it's The Mist lol best ending ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

A Proper Uppercut posted:

I got a weird look yesterday talking to a younger co-worker about horror and I said I won't watch a lot of older horror because of the sexual violence. Guess I'm getting old too?

The weird look's common when people know you're a horror fan, but voice that you don't like/aren't going to see a particular horror film. I get it when I mention I won't watch Conjurverse.