Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Our covid-19 vaccinations got canceled today too. lamo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Steve Yun posted:

there are plenty of rich and powerful who are hiding their long Covid suffering, but there are also plenty of rich and powerful who have publicly stated that they have long Covid and are miserable and it’s in one ear and out the other with the general public. there is no shortage of articles about them and none of them get much traction except with the Covid conscious crowd, which is not a great ad demographic

never forget that the founder of Texas Roadhouse ate a gun rather than deal with LC.

Apr 7, 2003

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

never forget that the founder of Texas Roadhouse ate a gun rather than deal with LC.

clearly mentally ill, no one kills themselves over a cold

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

and I never would’ve heard of him if not for this thread for hand wringers

Apr 7, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

and I never would’ve heard of him if not for this thread for hand wringers

Covid got scrubbed from any mention of Meat Loaf's death when the big three TV networks covered him

Radio and online news sources, and TMZ, mentioned it. ABC/CBS/NBC did not.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Steve Yun posted:

Bieber was diagnosed with Ramsey Hunt syndrome

Ah, right you are. This isn't the first time I've heard of GBS tho. I wonder who I'm thinking of.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/r_karyakarte/status/1704487647551340848?s=46

I assume this is referring to pre-XBB vaccines, but yeah

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Zantie posted:

Respiratory Illness Dashboard.

I'm presenting recent cases, emergency room (ER) visits, hospitalizations, and deaths for Washington state highlighting changes in reporting due to backfill.
Thank you; that's a great breakdown. Sure seems like a lot of curves are going in the wrong direction, and fast :smith:

Apr 7, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLP_pM9giiA

What wasn't mentioned here:

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Our covid-19 vaccinations got canceled today too. lamo

I got a call from CVS who told me a truck driver left all their vaccines outside unrefrigerated for two days.

Apr 7, 2003

roffels posted:

I got a call from CVS who told me a truck driver left all their vaccines outside unrefrigerated for two days.

Our Walgreens guy told us that the scheduler doesn't take into effect how many doses are coming so schedule slots + available shots are completely independent. Sounds like a great system

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Covid got scrubbed from any mention of Meat Loaf's death when the big three TV networks covered him

Radio and online news sources, and TMZ, mentioned it. ABC/CBS/NBC did not.

Same with Mark Lanegan, even though he literally wrote a book about COVID putting him in a coma and almost killing him.

Apr 7, 2003

Lanegan died at his home in Killarney on the morning of February 22, 2022, at the age of 57. No cause of death was revealed.[98][105]

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Speaking of breaking omerta

https://twitter.com/CovidDataReport/status/1704652105602998653

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/stevemartintogo/status/1704660923548393719?s=46

Apr 7, 2003

More honest than anything I've seen lately

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

are they not vaxxed?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

vaxxed?

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
things will be better in mid-december!

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Indoor Dying posted:

The lineage that the crew and one other essential guy caught will probably be extinct by then

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I’ve gotten the Moderna and 2 boosters of the same. What is current best practice for shot 4 with evidence behind it? I saw someone saying to wait for paxlovid. I’m gonna mask up at work again with my n-95 stash. As far as I know I’ve avoided COVID at all, through luck and a lot of caution during the first couple years. But yeah.Is there any really compelling evidence to wait on the vax or try a new one, or should I just go with whatever’s available?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/heyraguio/status/1704589413441798623?s=46

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

fr0id posted:

I’ve gotten the Moderna and 2 boosters of the same. What is current best practice for shot 4 with evidence behind it? I saw someone saying to wait for paxlovid. I’m gonna mask up at work again with my n-95 stash. As far as I know I’ve avoided COVID at all, through luck and a lot of caution during the first couple years. But yeah.Is there any really compelling evidence to wait on the vax or try a new one, or should I just go with whatever’s available?

Some are waiting for Novavax as the wildtype version held up better against variants than the mRNAs. There is a meeting on Friday to decide if it gets approved.

Edit: Paxlovid is a therapeutic, so I am pretty certain you mean Novavax.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

eXXon posted:

I want you to maybe stop and consider whether this utopic vision of a mass disabling event that somehow only affects the powerful and causes them to rationally reorder society to meet their needs is reasonable or actually really loving stupid.

more likely we'd get movement when enough poo poo themselves over loss of their reserve army of labour anyway. Which they should have forseen and prevented ever happening, but the current generation of capitalists is the dumbest it's ever been.

StratGoatCom has issued a correction as of 04:09 on Sep 21, 2023

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Indoor Dying posted:

Until next wave, friend!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

fr0id posted:

what's available. no distinction worth not updating your titers.

And yeah I assume you mean novavax which I guess if you want to see whether it's greenlit Friday then go ahead and wait but then schedule ASAP

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
yes I meant novavax. thanks yall!

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

fr0id posted:

yes I meant novavax. thanks yall!

Also be advised the rollout has been an absolute clusterfuck, so even if you get a booking, it might be worthwhile to call ahead and check if they actually expect to have doses. If you are using insurance, also check that.

If you do not have insurance or are underinsured, you need to go to the bridge access program site and look up participating places, here: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/bridge/index.html

Pingui has issued a correction as of 03:56 on Sep 21, 2023

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Naomi Wu has been selling a 4-pack kit of small 222nm Far-UVC lights, but they're apparently constantly on backorder. I was finally able to order them, and they've just arrived.

Here's a front view of one of them. They came with a charger but it'll take any USB-C cord.

It also came with a nifty case to carry them all

Not quite sure how I'm going to be using these yet, but at the very least they seem like they could be helpful at things like dentist appointments. My wife and I are on the same page when it comes to covid, but if we weren't I'd definitely be bringing these with me as I engaged in spreadsheet-avoiding activites.

There's more info about the lights here, and you can put yourself on the waiting list if you are so inclined.
https://cybernightmarket.com/products/mini-far-uvc-lights-set

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Indoor Dying posted:

for covid

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

fr0id posted:

the bigger problem right now is finding a pharmacy that actually has the updated mrna boosters in stock at all

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

mma boosters

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

can't loving wait to hear "slight holiday uptick"

Pitcher Witcher
Jan 13, 2020

Holiday wavelets all the way up

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Both appointments I've made to get booster have been canceled and now I can't even find a new appointment :rubby:

Apr 7, 2003

dxt posted:

Both appointments I've made to get booster have been canceled and now I can't even find a new appointment :rubby:

lol happened to us today. we found a new appointment on Monday eight miles away. gonna own when that gets canceled too

Apr 7, 2003

what the gently caress is even happening

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

A Bag of Milk posted:

Oh.

I thought there was enough demand for at least one company doing home pcr/naat tests. Especially since they seem to be doing things right from a business standpoint. They got their monthly subscription service cooking, they got that slick presentation that makes the upper middle class feel special, they've diversified into dick pills, plan b, and even apo-b tests which are all the rage nowadays. Never enough I suppose.

So what's this thread doing for testing nowadays? Several antigens? I'm not sure what to do, so I made a meme:

(9 pages late, but whatever.) I thought Aptitude Metrix was the newest of these? I just bought several more of them since they came back into stock at peachmedical.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/RougeMatisse/status/1704521302650843606

I guess effective long COVID treatments must be imminent, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

brap posted:

(9 pages late, but whatever.) I thought Aptitude Metrix was the newest of these? I just bought several more of them since they came back into stock at peachmedical.

Yeah, they just started shipping a couple months ago.