Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Thom and the Heads posted:

Perhaps if I ignore the running back position entirely it will go away

I think this is the answer. It’s week 3 and all my teams feel broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Gonna be annoyed if Hill is limited / sits and Waddle can’t benefit at all cause he’s in concussion protocol

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
gently caress it, I grabbed Taysom.

... why did I grab Taysom?

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Docjowles posted:

Gonna be annoyed if Hill is limited / sits and Waddle can’t benefit at all cause he’s in concussion protocol

River Cracraft breakout game

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I still fondly remember that one game that Taysom played QB and I got all the points in my TE slot.

It happened, I was there. I saw it.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Vargo posted:

gently caress it, I grabbed Taysom.

... why did I grab Taysom?

Let me tell you a story of when I needed >2 points from Taysom on a Monday last year…

I didn’t get it. In case you were wondering.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

ShowTime posted:

He was limited at practice today due to ankle issues. It's probably nothing. I hope it's nothing.

Thursday and Friday practices are the ones that matter. Unless he's limited or out for those 2 don't worry too much

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

MakaVillian posted:

Thursday and Friday practices are the ones that matter. Unless he's limited or out for those 2 don't worry too much

you should worry even less given he's a long-term veteran as well. they take breaks all the time.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

kiimo posted:

I still fondly remember that one game that Taysom played QB and I got all the points in my TE slot.

It happened, I was there. I saw it.

I managed to snap him up off waivers in both of my leagues that week, everyone was pissed, it owned

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Whose the best option for a backup roster spot, Joshua Kelley or Roschon Johnson?

I have Kyren and Gibbs as my starters, and just dropped Mattison for Spears. I currently have Kelley rostered, but a goon posted yesterday that it’s always better to favour upside with your backup RB’s and I really like that thinking. Roschon looks good and may well take over that backfield. Kelley has got Ekeler to deal with and although it was against the Titans D, didn’t exactly make the most of his chance at owning his starting slot.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Johnson. Youre exactlyright. The starting RB job will be his soon. Ekeler will come back and make Kelley irrelevant again.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

RB implosions have completely wrecked my team so I'm struggling to figure out who should go in my flex slot. Najee? Scary Terry? Matt Breida?? I've got the opposite of an embarrassment of riches here

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Party Boat posted:

RB implosions have completely wrecked my team so I'm struggling to figure out who should go in my flex slot. Najee? Scary Terry? Matt Breida?? I've got the opposite of an embarrassment of riches here

So, just an embarrassment?

I think I go with Terry there. It's just too hard to trust Najee and that Giants offense is woof.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Kinda wanna make an offer for Jonathan Taylor, he’s sitting on a guy’s team that loves making trades to make things more fun. Or do we think Taylor is just gonna phone it in when he starts or not get many snaps because Irsay hates him? He’s got pretty weak depth at RB so I’m thinking trading an RB2 and a Flex RB for him, so I can also free up a spot for Spears in that league as well, tell me I’m dumb

I’ve got:
ETN
Stevenson
Monty
Hall
Ford
Gainwell

E: He just put Bijan up on the trade block lol

T-Square fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Sep 21, 2023

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I've also been thinking about making a move for Taylor but because I heard a rumor (and by "rumor" I mean "speculative headline that said 'wouldn't it be cool if'") that maybe the Browns are gonna pay a bunch of money for him.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Lost out on Ford by $1 (83 to 84) so I hope he sucks :argh:

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Should I drop any of these to pick up Roschon Johnson? Probably Hunter Henry if anyone, I'm guessing? I picked him up because Mac Jones seems to favor him as a receiving option and the teams in this league are really silly about rostering multiple TEs so the waiver wire is pretty consistently slim pickings.

(This league is a bonkers 2PPR.)

QB: Prescott, Love
WR: Allen, Godwin, Pittman Jr, M.Thomas
RB: Jacobs, K.Williams, R.White, Javonte Williams, A.Jones
TE: Kelce, Henry

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Not even 80 bucks should be able to beat a bid of 69. FAAB is so dumb!!!!!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Well I now have Bijan AND Taylor lol

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

T-Square posted:

Well I now have Bijan AND Taylor lol

Do tell.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Our negotiations snowballed into basically trading each other a third of our rosters lol. This is either gonna sink me or help me out in the long run, but I honestly don’t hate it and I’m fine with whatever happens because I needed a little upside gamble with Taylor to be competitive with the top teams right now down the line.

I sent:
AJ Brown
ETN
Montgomery
Stafford (Who I just picked up for $0 on waivers this week to cover Richardson just in case lol)

I got:
Bijan
Taylor
T-Law
McLauren
Addison

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ekeler healthy when

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

it is usually a very bad sign when there's 'no timetable for their return'. i can't imagine he's back for at least a few weeks.

relatedly, i've got dotson where i can. he looked great in preseason, got a decent amount of use in his limited snaps last week, and kelley is just sort of alright. worth the gamble if you have room.

\/ what other backup qb are currently on waivers?

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Sep 21, 2023

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Drop Dalvin Cook or my backup QB (Jordan Love right now) for Jahan Dotson?

I also think he's bound to break out eventually

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction
A minute late but since all of my predictions were wrong (LOL starting Allgeier over Mostert or Walker last week; oh and also keeping Drake London on my bench in another league):

God I hate the Falcons for fantasy purposes as much as I love their weird running offense as a concept.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

VietCampo posted:

Sell high on Pickens and see if he bites.

success :toot:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

T-Square posted:

Our negotiations snowballed into basically trading each other a third of our rosters lol. This is either gonna sink me or help me out in the long run, but I honestly don’t hate it and I’m fine with whatever happens because I needed a little upside gamble with Taylor to be competitive with the top teams right now down the line.

I sent:
AJ Brown
ETN
Montgomery
Stafford (Who I just picked up for $0 on waivers this week to cover Richardson just in case lol)

I got:
Bijan
Taylor
T-Law
McLauren
Addison

You did good.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
Rest of season would you rather have Pierce or Najee?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Najee is at least getting points in the rb wasteland.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

T-Square posted:

I sent:
AJ Brown
ETN
Montgomery

I got:
Bijan
Taylor
T-Law
McLauren
Addison

That is a good trade for you imo

Edit: Ended up getting JSN off waivers, though I spent 24% of remaining faab to get him and no one else bid so a bit of a waste of money but I think he's got good upside for the rest of the season

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 21, 2023

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

coronaball posted:

We have a pretty good sample size showing that Skyy Moore is worthless in both fantasy and real life

Just added Moore to 3 teams since Kadarius is injured yet again. Life moves quickly!

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Freezer posted:

Rest of season would you rather have Pierce or Najee?

jesus, that's awful. if you have to keep one, pierce. he has way less competition behind him and should have more playing time security, which maybe allows him to trip into a few td here and there. on the other side, warren looks like he could take over for harris very, very soon.

but...yea, that's bleak.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Sep 21, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Najee is at least getting points in the rb wasteland.

Is he though. He's RB47 in my 0.5 PPR league lol. I know it's only 2 weeks but his own backup has more points. I think Warren is going to keep eating away at his workload

T-Square
May 14, 2009

DeepDickPizza posted:

You did good.

MakaVillian posted:

That is a good trade for you imo

Yeah I’m pretty happy with it, and both parties came away with our current needs. I know I’ll probably miss Brown on my roster as the season goes on, but I still have Tyreek Hill. I may miss ETN, but I still have Breece Hall and Bijan will more than make up for it. I think Monty is pretty much at his ceiling, which is solid, and lol Stafford was just a one week freebie I was going to drop once Richardson was cleared to play. Most of all I’m excited to see if a gamble for Taylor pays off or fucks me lol.

Also sheesh, we haven’t had a single trade across my two leagues yet and we had five go through between both of them within a couple of hours this morning lol.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Docjowles posted:

Is he though. He's RB47 in my 0.5 PPR league lol. I know it's only 2 weeks but his own backup has more points. I think Warren is going to keep eating away at his workload

I mean if we're pulling out week 2 rankings Pierce is wr98. Rb scarcity being what it is Najee is putting up better than 0

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I mean if we're pulling out week 2 rankings Pierce is wr98. Rb scarcity being what it is Najee is putting up better than 0

I assume he is talking Dameon Pierce who is also an RB. Ain't nobody rostering Alec Pierce in a normal league

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm worried about Pierce. He has looked pretty awful.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/RPatrickAllen/status/1704943527489401311

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

mcmagic posted:

I'm worried about Pierce. He has looked pretty awful.

I traded for him, I think they’ll be as feisty as last year once the o-line starts getting back this week. May not be an RB1 but he’s the clear #1 back as opposed to Najee who’s getting styled on by Warren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I'm nervous about starting Danny Dimes on TNF against SF...

Should I pivot to Love?