Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

IIRC, all the components of a cell phone were originally researched for use by the military.

e: https://www.salon.com/2018/01/06/love-your-iphone-do-not-thank-apple-thank-the-us-government_partner/

Starlink was the same thing almost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

kazil posted:

which of you fucks is Ben?

yo

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Roundup Ready posted:

There's that billionaire that died from botched dick embiggening surgery

That's sure as hell a way to die.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

bro I'm buying you your joker avatar back

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

DicktheCat posted:

That's sure as hell a way to die.

Also good way secure to everyone the knowledge that your dick wasnt good enough

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

verbal enema posted:

Also good way secure to everyone the knowledge that your dick wasnt good enough
Everyone's dick could be better, even tailored to their individual partner(s). That's why today I am announcing my new start up Dicklink where we will be wiring ape dicks to teledildonic rigs so that anyone can have a dick of any size or shape at any time controlled as naturally as your own dick. My motto is: we are in the future, it's time to act like it.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
blaze your dick

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

zedprime posted:

Everyone's dick could be better, even tailored to their individual partner(s). That's why today I am announcing my new start up Dicklink where we will be wiring ape dicks to teledildonic rigs so that anyone can have a dick of any size or shape at any time controlled as naturally as your own dick. My motto is: we are in the future, it's time to act like it.
Doctor: Good news first (handing over a Dicklink pamphlet) Some good options here. Now for the bad news.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

zedprime posted:

Where do we send the money? Do you take crypto?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

please don't put dickchips in terminal monkeys

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

R.L. Stine posted:

blaze your dick

Cyberpunk 2077 had a side quests about this.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

zedprime posted:

this just makes it sound like i'm using an ape to gently caress by proxy

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Knowing Musk's love for Deus Ex, I can't help but feel that Yacc may be the first alpha of his Elisa Cassan.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/_Virus_Kid_/status/1704945686670709159

"now that he's not near our office anymore with a gun..."

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

Can't wait to hear Elon's rage tweet about this.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Elon got canceled?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

geonetix posted:

"Twitter does everything within their power to stop anti-semitism"

Except banning extremely anti-semite accounts

I got the exact same email at 3:08am this morning.

:patriot:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Elon got canceled?

he got derezzed

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

redshirt posted:

Removing that was loving merciful lol

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

lol I only learned about that whole thing from this thread not that long ago and just started a Corpo playthrough earlier today with the new patch and looked at that character coming into the bathroom and thought "that doesn't really look like Elon at all" only to find that they axed his dumb little gunpoint-cameo from the game altogether

Bet he's fuming about it

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

redshirt posted:

Wasn't this supposed to be an insult? It was some weirdo bothering you in the toilet who existed only to be shooed off by the player, right? Sounds like Elon got exactly what he wanted

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Further Reading posted:

Wasn't this supposed to be an insult? It was some weirdo bothering you in the toilet who existed only to be shooed off by the player, right? Sounds like Elon got exactly what he wanted

I mean he wanted to be in the game

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
They should have gave you the option to pee on Elon.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Further Reading posted:

According to CPR that never was his cameo at all

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean he wanted to be in the game

I don't think he wanted to be a random NPC whose purpose is to be yelled at for being weird in a bathroom. It didn't even use his voice, right? (edit: confirmed not voiced by him, yeah)

I think what's happening here is the devs got some revenge by making this joke character look like Elon and people who never played the sequence are assuming it was a flattering portrayal rather than extremely demeaning.

Edit:

Rotten Red Rod posted:

According to CPR that never was his cameo at all

Yeah this was my understanding too. It wasn't a cameo at all but a veiled insult, I guess a little too veiled.

FurtherReading fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Sep 22, 2023

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Pyrtanis posted:

That article about the monkeys reads like lab notes you'd find in a horror game, gently caress.

It's a literal plot point in System Shock 2, the best sci-fi/horror game of all time. In fact, Dead Space and Prey (2017) (also amazing sci-fi/horror games) are basically homages to System Shock 2.

That game is definitely where Elon got these ideas from. A couple of audio logs from the game:

quote:

Subject: re: Animal rights?

Ever since we reached Tau Ceti, the lab monkeys have been acting strangely. Nurse Loesser picked one out of a cage to be brought in for vivisection and the rest of them, I mean the entire group, stood up on their legs and howled. This wasn't just a random display, it was a protest.

quote:

Subject: re: drat chimps

Whose idea was it to bring 150 chimpanzees on board anyway? The interests of science? What about the interests of hygiene? Does anybody have any idea how much crap 150 lab monkeys make in a day? The poor chimps... they come onboard for the most historic mission of all time, and they end up being chopped into little pieces in the name of progress.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

They should have gave you the option to pee on Elon.

you have this option irl

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Buce posted:

you have this option irl

maybe he'll buy you a horse afterward

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Buce posted:

you have this option irl

Is that why he takes the bodyguards to the bathroom?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

kazil posted:

now you know

The Bible
May 8, 2010

poisonpill posted:

This. This is the best summary of how elon “thinks” and “plans.” He sees something cool in a video game, he wants it, he announces that his company is making it. Somehow the morons haven’t figured out that he’s lying yet.

He's Chris Chan with money.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

kazil posted:

His bodyguards can't handle Piss Jugman.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1704998729474871433

lol lmao

replies are full of bluechecks celebrating the removal of ... a pretty good privacy feature

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

redshirt posted:

I'm rooting for The Yacc. I hope she's fully aware of how insane Musk is, and is just riding this crazy wave for further career advancement down the line.

gently caress the Yacc, she's just as much of a Nazi as Elon is. That's why he chose her

She can go straight to hell, and she definitely will at some point

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Sockser posted:

https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1704998729474871433

lol lmao

replies are full of bluechecks celebrating the removal of ... a pretty good privacy feature

Delete your Twitter account, Something Awful user "Sockser"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

90% chance they disable circles but in a way in which every post every reply guy made in a circle is now public

Poe
Jul 22, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

But I wanted to pistol whip him...

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

...! posted:

gently caress the Yacc, she's just as much of a Nazi as Elon is. That's why he chose her

She can go straight to hell, and she definitely will at some point

she’ll live rich and happy then take the same dirt nap as the rest of us

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

kazil posted:

which of you fucks is Ben?

I misread this as

quote:

which of you fucks Ben?

and had myself a chuckle.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

90% chance they disable circles but in a way in which every post every reply guy made in a circle is now public

The revocation will be retroactive and all those nazi circles jerkles will be laid bare for nobody to care. :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Dick Fontaine posted:

she’ll live rich and happy then take the same dirt nap as the rest of us

Let me have this