Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Dazerbeams posted:

Ugh, I’m way behind on HP, sitting around 6500 right now. I don’t understand how people are on top of their relic game. Do people farm lower tier relics just to get level up mats? Because I’m completely tapped at the moment.

its rng honestly, rng of farming the relics with the right stats and getting those relics from farming in the first place. and yeah i just shove in any relic not yellow tier into the grinder and get the relic level up mats.

honestly i'm hitting the end of my stocks as well though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

Dazerbeams posted:

Also, I have a decent shot at getting Jingliu and Topaz now if I manage to win another 50/50 but Fu’s lightcone is really tempting. Someone talk me down.

I went to hard pity and got Sleep Like the Dead.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

darkgray posted:

8k is practically impossible without a 5* LC, though, unless you just give up on speed and ER completely.

Not sure how reliable this page is, but it says "CN Community recommends Fu Xuan to have >7000 HP, this number goes down with more DEF% and RES" which seems more attainable without emptying my precious jade purse ahead of Jingliu.

Yeah, my Fu Xuan has less than 7000 HP, but she has a good amount of defense thanks to the Gepard LC, and a bit of extra damage reduction from that one relic set. It seems fine. I do think for aiming for more than 7k is probably for the best, but I think breaking 8 is unnecessary.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I'm at 7k as well, but that's with Landau's, broken keel, spd boots, and ERR rope. Could just go full hp% I guess but I think the extra spd/err/etc. is probably more important?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

the actual best value to aim for to get the closest to 6969 hp or 8008

So in March's quests, Fu Xuan mentions she's blessed by the Wisdom Walker, whos that, is that another Aeon. Kind of getting lost on the entities. Like there's Aeons. Their avatars? what are the other ranks relating to them

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

GateOfD posted:

the actual best value to aim for to get the closest to 6969 hp or 8008

So in March's quests, Fu Xuan mentions she's blessed by the Wisdom Walker, whos that, is that another Aeon. Kind of getting lost on the entities. Like there's Aeons. Their avatars? what are the other ranks relating to them

Read the small text, she was referring to Nous, the Erudition. The Xianzhou has their own titles for the Aeons.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

That's something that kinda bothered me about Fu.

in that companion mission it does make sense for her to say that she was blessed by Nous, and everything else about her scream Erudition. She always love to talk in those long winded sentences with super hard words, she's the master diviner who can predict the future by studying the divination which in a way is trying to find the truth of everything (which is what Erudition is all about) and her ultimate animation is a little bit over the top for a Preservation character. I wonder if there was some miscommunication between the character design team and the game play design team and they just decided to just let make this work since it would be funny to have a tiny girl be a absolute tank?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

NeonPunk posted:

That's something that kinda bothered me about Fu.

in that companion mission it does make sense for her to say that she was blessed by Nous, and everything else about her scream Erudition. She always love to talk in those long winded sentences with super hard words, she's the master diviner who can predict the future by studying the divination which in a way is trying to find the truth of everything (which is what Erudition is all about) and her ultimate animation is a little bit over the top for a Preservation character. I wonder if there was some miscommunication between the character design team and the game play design team and they just decided to just let make this work since it would be funny to have a tiny girl be a absolute tank?

The mechanical paths have never really lined up with the characters' actual in-story paths. For example, Dan Heng is NOT aligned with Destruction.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Zurai posted:

The mechanical paths have never really lined up with the characters' actual in-story paths. For example, Dan Heng is NOT aligned with Destruction.

Hang on. Are you trying to imply that Hook is not necessarily aligned with Destruction?

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Dazerbeams posted:

Ugh, I’m way behind on HP, sitting around 6500 right now. I don’t understand how people are on top of their relic game. Do people farm lower tier relics just to get level up mats? Because I’m completely tapped at the moment.

Also, I have a decent shot at getting Jingliu and Topaz now if I manage to win another 50/50 but Fu’s lightcone is really tempting. Someone talk me down.

The real question is whether it is actually proving an issue for you? You can either grind around the theoretical rng of being nuked with 51% health or maybe take alternative action. Apparently with 6500 health and s1 landau's choice, you need 1500 defence to guarantee you will avoid the biggest current one-shot. You hit 6750 and the defence needed drops to 1400 and so on, higher super-impositions can come. You don't need that light cone, you need that flying ice maiden.

Possibly more relevant issue is that I am not sure what you mean by farming "lower tier" relics so I'm just going to throw out that you can (and should?) use 5* relics for relic xp too, you just have to manually add them instead of salvaging. You can toss your junk level 1 5* relics into the reroll pile later on down the line when you have level 15s on your crew and you're fishing for new pieces.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

NeonPunk posted:

Hang on. Are you trying to imply that Hook is not necessarily aligned with Destruction?

Hook is Nanook’s most powerful and blessed Emanator, she’s just too adorable to actually do the whole “destroy everything” thing.

It would make her dad sad, you see.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

vote_no posted:

I went to hard pity and got Sleep Like the Dead.

Thank you for your service.

shrach posted:

Possibly more relevant issue is that I am not sure what you mean by farming "lower tier" relics so I'm just going to throw out that you can (and should?) use 5* relics for relic xp too, you just have to manually add them instead of salvaging. You can toss your junk level 1 5* relics into the reroll pile later on down the line when you have level 15s on your crew and you're fishing for new pieces.

This is something I haven’t been doing. I’ve just been mass salvage everything and end up with not nearly enough mats. But I suppose I only need enough reroll mats for when I can craft with resin.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I love Fu's finger blast so much

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Crafting without resin is very useful too, though, because it lets you target the set and slot you want. When I'm actually farming relics the game loves giving me hats and gloves or stuff from the opposite set that I don't actually need. Turning those into a chance at a crit rate chest for the desired set (or speed boots, or an err rope, etc) is great.

It's just a matter of what you need more: new relics or relic exp. But I figure you get relic exp over time anyway so new relics are preferable.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
After some experimentation today I discovered that Matrix of Prescience, even though it has a big flashy field-wide graphic effect, isn't actually a field effect and thus you can have both it and Luocha's Abyss Flower field up at the same time. You know, in case you feel like having a team that is entirely unkillable as opposed to mostly unkillable.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

JT Jag posted:

After some experimentation today I discovered that Matrix of Prescience, even though it has a big flashy field-wide graphic effect, isn't actually a field effect and thus you can have both it and Luocha's Abyss Flower field up at the same time. You know, in case you feel like having a team that is entirely unkillable as opposed to mostly unkillable.

I'm not sure why you would've thought otherwise. Neither character says anything about only allowing one group buff at a time or anything of the sort.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Zurai posted:

I'm not sure why you would've thought otherwise. Neither character says anything about only allowing one group buff at a time or anything of the sort.

if you've played granblue you kind of expect those to be "one only"

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

kirbysuperstar posted:

if you've played granblue you kind of expect those to be "one only"

Or hell even something like Pokemon where there can only be one terrain. Which is what popped into my head seeing the effect on hers.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Luocha is the only one with a “field” anyway right? And even then it just says “deploys a field” because it’s not individual buffs on every character.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Himeko's technique does as well but that's only for two turns at the start of a fight.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Zurai posted:

Luocha's text specifically indicates only one field can be active at a time

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Luocha's text specifically indicates only one field can be active at a time

No, it doesn't.

quote:

When Abyss Flower reaches 2 stacks, Luocha consumes all stacks of Abyss Flower to deploy a Field against the enemy. When any enemy in the Field is attacked by an ally, the attacking ally's HP is immediately restored by an amount equal to X% of Luocha's ATK plus Y. The Field's effect lasts for 2 turns. When Luocha is knocked down, the Field will be dispelled.

No restrictions whatsoever except that it goes away if he dies.

EDIT: Himeko's Technique does say "only one dimension created by allies can be in effect at a time", but that's specifically referring to the running-around-the-map part of her Technique itself.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Sep 21, 2023

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Ah, so I gaslit myself somehow

Probably by seeing Welt's walking around tech saying one at a time and superimposing it onto Luocha

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

JT Jag posted:

Ah, so I gaslit myself somehow

Probably by seeing Welt's walking around tech saying one at a time and superimposing it onto Luocha

Yeah for whatever reason the Welt and Himiko overworld "dimension" things cannot stack.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I dont know why but 80% of the sidequests on the Luofu bore the gently caress out of me and Belobog's Did Not

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

And that makes three paths complete, as well as all the standard communing trail nodes. :toot:

Holy poo poo Fu Xuan/Gepard is "no one is loving dying, ever" tier immortality, even with constantly siphoning health off for Destruction effects.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

I dont know why but 80% of the sidequests on the Luofu bore the gently caress out of me and Belobog's Did Not

yeah i started skipping the dialogue at some point

they just slide right off my brain

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Meowywitch posted:

Belobog is gonna give us a Comiket event at some point so that's major points for it

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

This is the best I got for Fu...it's whatever I guess. Maybe I should roll for her LC instead

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

hell yea, got an early Fu and won the 50/50
So went Fu->Gepard->Fu->Fu

Lynx is E5, so i guess i be saving to get her E6 before the banner is over

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Meowywitch posted:

This is the best I got for Fu...it's whatever I guess. Maybe I should roll for her LC instead

you could get the herta store one, it's fine

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

Limited LCs are complete bait. Texture of Memories will get you where you need to go.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Yeah get the herta LC for her. If you are gonna roll for lim LCs, do it for the damage dealers

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Speaking of which, I did some maths. It's a sketchy approximation based on beta numbers and the specific relics I have lined up for her, but I think I sold Jingliu's other 5-star options short the other day. Fall of an Aeon S5 and Something Irreplaceable S1 should both be strictly better than Secret Vow S1, and... maybe better than, or at least competitive with, an S3-5 one. Annoyingly, it massively depends on how much uptime you think you can get out of their triggered buffs.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Sep 22, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I've screwed up on SU recently and haven't been properly capping (so I only have 2 HB) but someday I'll get that LC! :shobon:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Meanwhile I saw video footage of Jingliu and she seems kinda disappointing imo

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

They've done a lot of number-tweaking with her kit over the last few weeks. So assuming that you are talking about her damage output, I'd still take anything out there with a grain of salt for now.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

Meanwhile I saw video footage of Jingliu and she seems kinda disappointing imo

She's epic actually.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Infected posted:

They've done a lot of number-tweaking with her kit over the last few weeks. So assuming that you are talking about her damage output, I'd still take anything out there with a grain of salt for now.

Please tell me that they got rid of her ridiculous +50% crit rate to her skill attack. like that's straight up super obvious example of power creep. Totally make Yanqing obsolete right off the bat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
It's only on her Enhanced Skill attack, but sorry no she's actually very good from what I hear. Somewhere between Seele and DHIL in power levels I think? Yanqing is already obsolete honestly, he just fills a niche that isn't in any of the current high level content. But yes, she makes him completely obsolete by herself.