Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

The gently caress you home for?

He just had to rush home to show everyone his new vest. So many pockets!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

My expectation is that he is 100% faking this emotional breakdown and as soon as he is able to get his money, he's going to disappear, only to reemerge a few months later with a new look and a new scam. I hope so, at least.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

The gently caress you home for?

Rex Morgan MD

Looks like, yeah.

Oh god, Kit is having a dream, isn't he.

Obnoxipus posted:

My expectation is that he is 100% faking this emotional breakdown and as soon as he is able to get his money, he's going to disappear, only to reemerge a few months later with a new look and a new scam. I hope so, at least.

Yeah that's awfully sudden.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Is this it? Will Planck finally stop shooting himself in the foot with this hopeless substitute plan?

Jucika "276 - Jucika And The Lifeguards"

"277 - Jucika In The Wave"

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Bardiche Hotel

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Steeple 18: Maggie's Party Part 1 timg'd once again for Satanic nudity.

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

John Allison posted:

Poor Derek. Whatever he thought was going to happen today is, almost certainly, not going to happen now.

Also count me in with the posters saying that Rene in Rex Morgan is faking it.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

The_Other posted:

Also count me in with the posters saying that Rene in Rex Morgan is faking it.
I agree that this is the most likely outcome, but I sort of hope it isn't because him faking it dramatically and then actually getting something emotionally meaningful out of it by mistake would be hilarious and - I'll admit it - a little heartwarming, even if it's as a coda.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

vore.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Oh, that's where all of Dethany's piercings went.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Zereth posted:

Oh god, Kit is having a dream, isn't he.

oh god noooooooooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
if this is just another level of dream/story bullshit i swear

i will find you mike manley

i will hurt you

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Scary Go Round (April 15-18, 2003)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

"Sounds like something I need to avoid confronting." -Sally

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House (August 14-16, 1924)

Toonerville Folks (October 20-22, 1921)

Dok's Dippy Music Hater (December 5, 1914)

And now, Little Lefty makes the big reveal. (March 6-8, 1939)

Comrades, please welcome a compatible-with-Marxism Great Gazoo sea serpent!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

I’m pretty sure everyone had a name similar to “Firstname Comepickmeup” back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JxhTnWrKYs

Luann

Gil Thorp

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Wow, team Evans, really bringing out the A material here.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

So Ed got to know the new old lady personally, which makes torturing her with his noncompliance every day that much more fulfilling?

this whole arc makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills

as someone who went to all of grade school and high school in a rural area (twenty-odd minutes to drive to school directly, an hour on the school bus each way) you'd just...go out there before the bus showed up and wait for five or ten minutes?

of course the bus isn't going to wait for you if you're not there, but who the gently caress needs strategy to catch the bus? you just go to the side of the road (in my case, down the road to the next intersection, like a hundred yards or less) and stand there

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The final Crankshaft strip, and it's just the last scene of Tony and Junior from The Sopranos but with Funky and Ed Crankshaft in an assisted living facility.

"You don't know who I am, do ya? I'm Funky. High school band? You remember Lisa, the only woman to ever have cancer? Montoni's...The Pizza Box Monster, the stupid thing that would break up storylines every October? Week-long jokes about a seed catalog? All that poo poo with the grill in space?"
"...I was involved in all that?"
"Yeah, you drove a bus. Badly."
"Hm.

That's nice."

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

Whalefall is actually a pretty exciting deep sea event, Remora.

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

You should have LISTENED, you arrogant pig! You should have LISTENED TO MARY.

How dare you ignore Mary... How dare you refuse help from Mary... Fool!

Still, you're new here. You'll learn. You'll learn to be a good neighbour and listen to Mary.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Peanuts Through the Ages (Jun 16-17, 1969)

Big Nate

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

e:

hexwren posted:

this whole arc makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills

as someone who went to all of grade school and high school in a rural area (twenty-odd minutes to drive to school directly, an hour on the school bus each way) you'd just...go out there before the bus showed up and wait for five or ten minutes?

of course the bus isn't going to wait for you if you're not there, but who the gently caress needs strategy to catch the bus? you just go to the side of the road (in my case, down the road to the next intersection, like a hundred yards or less) and stand there
The "joke" is that Crankshaft is a dick who intentionally tries to make kids chase down his bus if they want to get on(and likes to interrogate kids about why they're taking the bus at all, because somehow a literal schoolbus driver can't understand why a parent wouldn't just drive their kid to school). How he hasn't been fired yet is anyone's guess.

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Sep 22, 2023

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

so he doesn't stop for the kids even if they're there? what the gently caress?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Considering how freaking loud drones are and how often the big eared people are shown to have super hearing, why do they need someone to visually keep a lookout for drones that are somehow allowed to operate at maiming height? What do the tall species do? Are there so many drones buzzing around constantly that they can't hear if one is getting close?

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

this sucks soooooooo bad

Classic Arlo and Janis (October 19, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (May 24, 1959)

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

hexwren posted:

so he doesn't stop for the kids even if they're there? what the gently caress?

He also makes a point to do a bit of property destruction every day by driving over his neighbor's mailbox whenever he parks at home. Crankshaft is a menace to society and should've been put in a home already.

riderchop posted:

this sucks soooooooo bad

A+ parenting right here. you just gotta love having your feelings diminished by being told there are REAL problems out in the world.

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

The scientific community already knows you're the cause of Mars' entire ecosystem becoming hosed up and hates your guts, and you're always playing god in your lab anyway. The comic is fictional and full of fantastical elements so nothing's stopping you from making the world a better place. So just use a goddamn DNA potions to fix climate change already.

gently caress you, Holbrook.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Krazy Kat(December 23, 1917)

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > BSS: Bisexual Super Son > Comic Strips 2023: SPOOX!!!

At least they don't talk racist(May 19)

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
IT COMES

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It HUNGERS.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Kammat posted:

IT COMES

How far do you think they actually drove before Gunther turned back? He took a cab so it couldn’t have been that far.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

^^^^^ oh no oh yes

Dunkin' on Sputter

Pluggers

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I hate to say this about a thread favorite, but A&J is really deep into Pluggers/Gilchrist territory with this ongoing Jimmy Buffett tribute. The man died three weeks ago. Move on.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

riderchop posted:

this sucks soooooooo bad

Yes, don’t comfort your child or try to cheer them up or anything ‘soft’ like that, but feel free to lay a massive guilt trip on them so they’ll hopefully gently caress off and let you get back to your paper.

I used to think this was a really good comic once upon a time, and I’ll be god damned if I can remember why.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Bimmi posted:

Yes, don’t comfort your child or try to cheer them up or anything ‘soft’ like that, but feel free to lay a massive guilt trip on them so they’ll hopefully gently caress off and let you get back to your paper.

I used to think this was a really good comic once upon a time, and I’ll be god damned if I can remember why.

i mean i used to like Get Fuzzy too, so I get it.

i still don't get the love for Rae the Doe. literally Intelligent Life does more background or character design as bad as it is.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Bimmi posted:

My parents loved FOOB. The concept of a comic strip where the characters aged and grew up was something wholly novel to them, along with it being semi-biographical. Reading it ad nauseum like we do here, including going into the "updated" reruns, really takes the shine off of Lynn's life and work.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Just how appropriate is it to be cheerful while all that is going on in the world, anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

I hate to say this about a thread favorite, but A&J is really deep into Pluggers/Gilchrist territory with this ongoing Jimmy Buffett tribute. The man died three weeks ago. Move on.

that's roughly the publication delay on comics and this has barely lasted a week, chill out lol