Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Docjowles posted:

I assume he is talking Dameon Pierce who is also an RB. Ain't nobody rostering Alec Pierce in a normal league

That I didn't even consider they were talking Dameon should say which I favor keeping then lol

mcmagic posted:

I'm worried about Pierce. He has looked pretty awful.

That line is beat up at the moment. He's not a world breaker but he'll put in solid starter numbers when they're healthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Anti-Hero posted:

I'm nervous about starting Danny Dimes on TNF against SF...

Should I pivot to Love?

Yes.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Anti-Hero posted:

I'm nervous about starting Danny Dimes on TNF against SF...

Should I pivot to Love?

Love is the answer.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Week 3 and I'm swapping Aiyuk for Robert Woods, kill me.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

Love is the answer.

Thanks!

I had bench space because of dropping Chubb and picked up the KC Def against Chi. Also had been rostering Buff.

Whom do I drop for Love?

Danny Dimes
Rachaad White (NO!)
JSN (?)
T. Spears (NO!)
Buff DST.

Pretty sure it's Mr. Dimes.

fake edit: Bye bye Mr. Dimes.

Anti-Hero fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 21, 2023

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If you’re rostering two defenses/kickers/tight ends and you need to drop someone you already know what the answer is.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

RCarr posted:

If you’re rostering two defenses/kickers/tight ends and you need to drop someone you already know what the answer is.

Yah, well too late. Dropped Danny. He's on waivers until Saturday and I'm sure he'll clear them so I can always grab him later, doubt anyone will be a waiver claim on him unless he goes nuts tonight.

(watch this happen)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I feel like KC is pretty underrated so far. They look great.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They're also going to get Charles Omenihu back week 7

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Matt Zerella posted:

Week 3 and I'm swapping Aiyuk for Robert Woods, kill me.

You may not have a lot of choice.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1704957557305921939?s=20

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Think I'd rather add Jauan Jennings and start him instead of the 2023 version of Robert Woods.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

coronaball posted:

Think I'd rather add Jauan Jennings and start him instead of the 2023 version of Robert Woods.

Hes been legitimately solid in PPR through 2 weeks.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

mcmagic posted:

I'm worried about Pierce. He has looked pretty awful.

Pierce is good but the Texans have basically the most injured offensive line in the league and the holes that you need to succeed in the nfl just aren't loving there

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Play posted:

Pierce is good but the Texans have basically the most injured offensive line in the league and the holes that you need to succeed in the nfl just aren't loving there

There is also the minor red flag of Singletary being used a bit more than expected, and Mike Boone siphoning more passing-down work than expected.

Next week should be a fun movable object vs stoppable force matchup, with the Steelers's league-worst vs RB status vs that Houston OL

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ok I absolutely have to get off the Danny Dimes ride before it sinks my season. Potential options:

1) Say gently caress it and stream. The "best" options are like Goff/Howell/Stafford/Mac Jones level in this league, there's no Purdy or Cousins sitting on waivers

2) I could probably trade Terry McLaurin for Anthony Richardson. This would still leave me with Adams, Waddle, Addison, and <insert hot waiver guy> at WR (2 WR + flex 0.5 PPR league)

3) Trade for Cousins or Dak. But I know this guy and he is going to ask for like a WR1 for a stupid QB rotting on his bench. Maybe I could also talk him down to McLaurin?

42069) Ride or die with Dimes

Would you pull the trigger on McLaurin for Richardson to get out from under Daniel Jones, or is that just trading one wildly inconsistent maniac on a bad team for another? The deal wouldn't go through til next week at this point so Richardson should be over his concussion at least.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Sep 22, 2023

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
I think I'd just pick up Goff and/or Stafford and roll with it

Danny is my second QB in superflex and I don't have a third because I got too waiver wire happy :smithicide:

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Docjowles posted:

Ok I absolutely have to get off the Danny Dimes ride before it sinks my season. Potential options:

1) Say gently caress it and stream. The "best" options are like Goff/Howell/Stafford/Mac Jones level in this league, there's no Purdy or Cousins sitting on waivers

2) I could probably trade Terry McLaurin for Anthony Richardson. This would still leave me with Adams, Waddle, Addison, and <insert hot waiver guy> at WR (2 WR + flex 0.5 PPR league)

3) Trade for Cousins or Dak. But I know this guy and he is going to ask for like a WR1 for a stupid QB rotting on his bench. Maybe I could also talk him down to McLaurin?

42069) Ride or die with Dimes

Would you pull the trigger on McLaurin for Richardson to get out from under Daniel Jones, or is that just trading one wildly inconsistent maniac on a bad team for another? The deal wouldn't go through til next week at this point so Richardson should be over his concussion at least.

Staff has a safe floor and Rams are dead last in pass TD/rush TD% in the league which will surely normalize. Jones will ~probably be fine, just ran into cowboys and niners in the first couple weeks, he was QB1 against AZ and has homerun potential in plus matchups.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Staff has a safe floor and Rams are dead last in pass TD/rush TD% in the league which will surely normalize. Jones will ~probably be fine, just ran into cowboys and niners in the first couple weeks, he was QB1 against AZ and has homerun potential in plus matchups.

Fair but the Giants schedule is loving brutal. It's not just a tough stretch before things get easier. For the rest of the year they are going to be running into the Cowboys, Eagles, Patriots, Jets, Bills, Commanders, etc etc. I really feel stupid for not looking into this before drafting Jones. Like maybe one of the dumbest things I've ever done in over a decade of playing fantasy lol.

I'm working the phones on a trade but I cannot ride this idiot all year, I guess plan B is to stream. A floor (that he hits on the regular) of 4 points is not ok no matter what the ceiling is. My team is unfortunately not good enough to absorb that from the QB slot.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Sep 22, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have a Burrow and I’m very happy to have picked up Kirk

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I drafted Dimes over Kirk in like the 15 round based on beersheets and regret it. :suicide:

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Thanks for the td Brieada. RB is a wasteland.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ugh, my opponent has CMC and Samuel who both had great nights. Already staring at a 40 point hole.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
My opponent has CMC and... Aiyuck, who he forgot to take out of the lineup. So it broke even for me!

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

So Waller probably turned out to be the wrong decision for TE this weekend (I also have LaPorta), but my opponent started Dimes, so

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Vargo posted:

My opponent has CMC and... Aiyuck, who he forgot to take out of the lineup. So it broke even for me!

Take the good with the bad! :cheers:

I had Danny Dimes rostered but am going for Goff this week.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
One person in our league has Deebo and Kittle, another has CMC, and I have Aiyuk (didn't start him though). Fortunately I didn't have to play either of them, because the Deebo/Kittle duo is up 40+ and CMC is...CMC.

I'm playing against someone in our league who autodrafted and is on autolineups (not sure where they went), so you'd think I'd have an advantage, but no. He's still projected to score roughly the same as me and scored the most last week, with Kupp still rostered (because we just turned him on automode until he changes his lineup manually). I guess we'll see what happens.

Edit: That 49ers offense is looking pretty dang good. Even without Aiyuk. Brock Purdy got 20pts this week. I'm not a big advocate of his and he was throwing some really questionable poo poo yesterday. I think we counted like 4 opportunities for interceptions in the TNF thread in the 1st quarter alone. But he also had some sick thread the needle throws.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I made a lot of embarrassing predictions on Giants players and forgetting that we're talking about the Giants here.

Similar situation with the Jets.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

I made a lot of embarrassing predictions on Giants players and forgetting that we're talking about the Giants here.

Similar situation with the Jets.

My Jalin Hyatt investments are looking great :pseudo:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ShowTime posted:

One person in our league has Deebo and Kittle, another has CMC, and I have Aiyuk (didn't start him though). Fortunately I didn't have to play either of them, because the Deebo/Kittle duo is up 40+ and CMC is...CMC.

I'm playing against someone in our league who autodrafted and is on autolineups (not sure where they went), so you'd think I'd have an advantage, but no. He's still projected to score roughly the same as me and scored the most last week, with Kupp still rostered (because we just turned him on automode until he changes his lineup manually). I guess we'll see what happens.

Edit: That 49ers offense is looking pretty dang good. Even without Aiyuk. Brock Purdy got 20pts this week. I'm not a big advocate of his and he was throwing some really questionable poo poo yesterday. I think we counted like 4 opportunities for interceptions in the TNF thread in the 1st quarter alone. But he also had some sick thread the needle throws.

Seems simple enough to solve, just turn off automode :devil:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I feel like I survived Kittle despite him having 12.5 .5PPR points

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Hello it’s me, the team that lost a slam dunk Week 2 matchup by 0.8 points because Danny J decided to light up in the second half of the cards game :suicide:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Ok, so I'm a Fields/Richardson-haver. Fields sucks, and it looks like Richardson is trending out. I'm about to dump Fields and roll with the Rich train for the rest of the season when he's available, but I need a stop-gap for this week. Here's what's available in my FA pile currently:

Baker vs PHI
Garoppolo vs PIT
Carr @GB
Howell vs BUF
Stroud @JAX

And a bunch of other stuff not worth mentioning.

Looking at the matchups, I'm thinking about grabbing Stroud, even though he's listed as questionable as well. Fields is @KC, which I'm not crazy about.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://x.com/billbarnwell/status/1705257017324065256?s=46&t=4HCQHNrQSCCyTv5_MzlCTw

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I had Purdy, opponent had Kittle, each of our expected points went up by exactly 5 and I'm back where I started (a ten point underdog, although I've been the 'dog both weeks so far and won both anyways)

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
I have Carr as my QB2 in superflex, and the best on the waiver for replacement in Stafford. That’s great except that his bye is week 10 ( the same as Mahomes, my QB1). No one is biting on trades (i can try for fields, but not sure if that’s an upgrade), is it better to roll without a second QB is superflex until Carr figures his poo poo out? I’d assume with Kamara back things should look up a bit

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Ok, so I'm a Fields/Richardson-haver. Fields sucks, and it looks like Richardson is trending out. I'm about to dump Fields and roll with the Rich train for the rest of the season when he's available, but I need a stop-gap for this week. Here's what's available in my FA pile currently:

Baker vs PHI
Garoppolo vs PIT
Carr @GB
Howell vs BUF
Stroud @JAX

And a bunch of other stuff not worth mentioning.

Looking at the matchups, I'm thinking about grabbing Stroud, even though he's listed as questionable as well. Fields is @KC, which I'm not crazy about.

I am in the same boat, but you don't just flat drop your QB with an ADP of 44 after 2 games for any of those guys. Maybe for Cousins or Stafford or Goff, but not that trash.

Like it or not, we get to run Fields out one more time while Richardson's brain gets better.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Floofy posted:

I have Carr as my QB2 in superflex, and the best on the waiver for replacement in Stafford. That’s great except that his bye is week 10 ( the same as Mahomes, my QB1). No one is biting on trades (i can try for fields, but not sure if that’s an upgrade), is it better to roll without a second QB is superflex until Carr figures his poo poo out? I’d assume with Kamara back things should look up a bit

Neither Staff nor Carr should be on waivers in a superflex league

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

:psyduck:

i can't imagine dropping fields in the first 8 or so weeks barring injury. you made the bed you believed in, and you have to lie in it and see what happens. the talent is there, the plan/team isn't. chill out and give them at least a month to come around.

remember, fields wasn't good until like week 6 last season. plus, he hasn't been that bad this season, at least fantasy-wise. you're not losing weeks because of him.

sure, pick up a backup if you like. but straight dropping him is just...impulsive and irrational.

MerklesBoner
Apr 5, 2003

I have Fields, but snagged Love ahead of last Sunday and would be set to board that train, but this week’s matchup against New Orleans’ defense has me scared even before settling for Royce Newman at left guard with Elgton Jenkins out. Sure, KC’s no picnic, and the Bears are a hot mess to put it mildly, but maybe Fields is fired up and gets let loose to play to his strengths and run?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

coronaball posted:

I am in the same boat, but you don't just flat drop your QB with an ADP of 44 after 2 games for any of those guys. Maybe for Cousins or Stafford or Goff, but not that trash.

Like it or not, we get to run Fields out one more time while Richardson's brain gets better.

:sigh:

I'm coming for you when he has 90 yards and 3 INTs though!!!