Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Friday The Squirteenth: Horror Gone Sexual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Friday the Thirtweenth

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

muscles like this! posted:

Apparently they're billing Saw X as the real Saw 2 since the original Saw 2 was rushed into production and was just an unrelated script that had Saw shoehorned in.

Saw's now been going long enough that they are doing Halloween timeline bullshit, woah

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
So Saw X is the ninth movie in the main series, since Spiral doesn't count, but is also actually the second movie?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Baron von Eevl posted:

So Saw X is the ninth movie in the main series, since Spiral doesn't count, but is also actually the second movie?

Shoehead posted:

Saw's now been going long enough that they are doing Halloween timeline bullshit, woah

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Saw won’t be in Halloween’s position until there are at least three movies just named “Saw,” with one being a remake and another one being a direct sequel to “Saw.”

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The Saw timeline is a big bowl of spaghetti and I was genuinely disappointed when Tobin Bell didn't step out of the shadows in Spiral all gotcha fuckers.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

caligulamprey posted:

The Saw timeline is a big bowl of spaghetti and I was genuinely disappointed when Tobin Bell didn't step out of the shadows in Spiral all gotcha fuckers.

It was the one thing that film was missing. Even a cutaway to Tobin helping the actual villain would've been great

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
When are they gonna reveal that the doll is actually controlling the old guy

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

We Saw, but when will we See?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Came And Saw

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

We Saw, but when will we See?

You didn't See Saw?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Baron von Eevl posted:

When are they gonna reveal that the doll is actually controlling the old guy

lol was just going to suggest this.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Jigsaw died in Saw 3 but appears in every saw except Spiral. That has to be a record right.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
lol they want to kill the science project kid just cos he likes crappy tv shows.

Well that's the military for you I guess.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I can outsmart a computer. That's not that hard.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The kid is an AI so I say let them

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

He's got into the Hanna Barberra, Dr Applewaith, get the gun

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Friday the 13th ghosts

Two sequels in one

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Friday the 13th ghosts

Two sequels in one

Three if it's stars the ghost of a side kick of a castaways on a desert island, four if the ghost smokes a poo poo load of pot while getting into comedic situations in south central LA.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

This was just announced as vinegar syndrome's next "ultra" release, basically the criterion collection of crap.

I bought the first few on sight instantly (beastmaster, six string samurai, cloak and dagger, road house) but the last few I just can't get behind (showgirls, sidekicks, daryl)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Yeah I saw the announcement and I was like, what is D.A.R.Y.L. so I googled it and I was like drat that's a sweet poster

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Gripweed posted:

Yeah I saw the announcement and I was like, what is D.A.R.Y.L. so I googled it and I was like drat that's a sweet poster

it was front and center in the kids' section of the video rental place my family went to regularly in the late 80s, so I'd seen that poster on the VHS box a zillion times

though at that time I assumed that everything on the box had to be in the movie, so I was like "I do not care about this government project kid who...brings the jetsons to life? let me go look for something else to watch, like maybe that tape with the first six episodes of robotech on it again." weirdly enough, that place also had a copy of cloak and dagger, which now that I have seen it, I probably would have appreciated a lot more at the time because I actually did own an atari 5200, the system on which the titular game is played.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I wonder if they had to pay a The Jetsons license

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

hexwren posted:

it was front and center in the kids' section of the video rental place my family went to regularly in the late 80s, so I'd seen that poster on the VHS box a zillion times

though at that time I assumed that everything on the box had to be in the movie, so I was like "I do not care about this government project kid who...brings the jetsons to life? let me go look for something else to watch, like maybe that tape with the first six episodes of robotech on it again." weirdly enough, that place also had a copy of cloak and dagger, which now that I have seen it, I probably would have appreciated a lot more at the time because I actually did own an atari 5200, the system on which the titular game is played.

I saw that box all the time too and had a very similar reaction (that kid is a supercomputer or something and he uses his power to watch the Jetsons? what a dork), so I guess as an ad for the movie it really fails

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
It's pronounced da-RELL

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I used to rent Daryl, the Quest, and Explorers all the time, I was a sucker for kid adventure flicks.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dillbag posted:

It's pronounced da-RELL

Yeah, I got a problem, DARRYL.

It's da-RELL!

I got a girl PREGNANT.

Is that even possible?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I'm Bastion. This is my brother D.A.R.Y.L. and this is my other brother D.A.R.Y.L.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Dimebag D.A.R.Y.L (rip)

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
The funny thing is that Jigsaw, Spiral, and this movie, which are all meant to be quasi-reboots of the series all have the same screenwriters

The premise that these movies are doing anything remotely interesting or different is a marketing tactic

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

When I had a look at the synopses for the series so far, it feels like I need to take some goddamned for loving Saw. Like, give me a loving break, mate.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Wait, that's not Lee Pace?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

MikeJF posted:

Wait, that's not Lee Pace?

Nah pretty sure it's the devil.

Wait is lee pace the devil? Good for them.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

edogawa rando posted:

When I had a look at the synopses for the series so far, it feels like I need to take some goddamned for loving Saw. Like, give me a loving break, mate.

Do what now

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

edogawa rando posted:

If you don't like being put in difficult situations, maybe Saw isn't the franchise for you.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jigsaw was dying and wanted to give people tests. Jigsaw got some homies to be his little disciples. Jigsaw died. One disciple was a huge rear end in a top hat put people into bad traps. And then he died. And then Wesley comes back to his true love, being a saw man and finishes it.

Then we go back in time.

Then we hang out with Chris rock.

Now we’re going back in time again

There that’s the entire saw franchise summed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Then at some point the disciple gets transported into Dead by Daylight and becomes a pig for some reason