Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Willa Rogers posted:

Parents are hiring 'moms' to iron sheets and make beds for their college students away from home

Nice hustle; I should look into doing this for the local private U students, although they can learn to do their own drat laundry.

assuming a multiplier of 3.0, that means they're only paying out <$20/hr in wages (plus travel is on your own time/dime), probably around $15. that's really bad pay to clean up after entitled college students who haven't even learned how to apply soap their body in a shower or learned how to press 'start' on a washing machine

afeels like this startup is going to go the way of the Cash 4 Quarters VC startup where you'd \set up a subscription service to wire $20/week and in exchange they'd mail you a $10 roll of quarters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

It’s kind of funny anti-union/anti-worker Trump forced Biden to go to the strike

Biden should have gone before Trump announced and he should go and poo poo all over trump and his record of hurting union workers

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Mr Hootington posted:

What did your mom do with the $40k?

idk

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i regret not having started sole-proprietor LLC to get $250k in PPP money, or just apply for PPP money anyways

that'd be life changing getting so much free money

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

i regret not having started sole-proprietor LLC to get $250k in PPP money, or just apply for PPP money anyways

it was free money dumped on any LLC but it was based on how many employees your business had. So (Amount) x (Employees.) Since I didn't do it I don't know if there was any verification of the numbers but my company got millions they didn't need. Some contractors I worked with got $100,000. A few shifty companies I used to work at got $400,000. None of them were shut down for a single day and all raised their prices and had record years of profit in 2020.

If it was just you claiming 1-5 employees it'd probably have been like $20,000 - $50,000.

It probably didn't help that the Grindset Real Estate Investor class with their own shell companies to do infinite mortgage combos got crop dusted with billions of free money

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Willa Rogers posted:

that whole DEMS BEAT BACK THE RED TIDE stuff last year was mainly a (fairly successful) PR effort; they lost the House & gained one senate seat in a year in which few Dem senators were up for reelection.

Dobbs was also a lot fresher in voters' minds than it will be in 2024.

also court-mandated redistricting in a number of states gave dems about a dozen seats, plus several state republican parties completely imploded and ran terrible candidates with unorganized campaigns

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lol priming the pump to accuse striking workers of wrecking

cool

Apr 7, 2003

Xaris posted:

the person who lived here before me. She wasn't allowed to sell houses in person from April to June. Annualized, that would be three months of earning a ~$109K salary because you went through the trouble of registering a one person LLC.

e: math was wrong, that was for two months of not working. they lifted the restrictions on realtors in early June 2020

Apr 7, 2003

If someone in March of 2020 had told me "just start a company that only employs yourself, the government will give you nearly $10K every month for doing nothing" I'd have called him a lunatic

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Willa Rogers posted:

con-ed, mocking their mom having to work at trader joe's into her 70s

ok boomer

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

If someone in March of 2020 had told me "just start a company that only employs yourself, the government will give you nearly $10K every month for doing nothing" I'd have called him a lunatic
probably the only reason more people didn't take PPP money is they thought there'd be risk of an audit AND were expected to pay it back lol

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Rectal Death Adept posted:

it was free money dumped on any LLC but it was based on how many employees your business had. So (Amount) x (Employees.) Since I didn't do it I don't know if there was any verification of the numbers but my company got millions they didn't need. Some contractors I worked with got $100,000. A few shifty companies I used to work at got $400,000. None of them were shut down for a single day and all raised their prices and had record years of profit in 2020.

If it was just you claiming 1-5 employees it'd probably have been like $20,000 - $50,000.

It probably didn't help that the Grindset Real Estate Investor class with their own shell companies to do infinite mortgage combos got crop dusted with billions of free money

I got $9k twice as a sole proprietor

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
incorporating is a cheat code

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Slow News Day posted:

Joe Biden being the most pro-union president in 50 years sure angers some people.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Slow News Day posted:

Perfect, thanks. So that means neither Biden or Reade has any credibility issues in this specific context, of raping or being raped (since their past lying has occurred in other, irrelevant contexts).

So then the question that still needs answering is: why should we err on the side of believing Reade?

Just about the only reason I can think of is "believe all women", and it is worth noting that "believe all women" does not mean that anyone accused of raping someone immediately goes to jail for 20 years or whatever. It simply means accusers should be taken seriously and their accusations investigated, rather than dismissed immediately. And the media has done quite extensive investigating over the past three months. The problem is that what they found (or rather, have not found) has made the NoJoe crowd extremely angry, and now anyone who dares to doubt Reade is labeled a rape apologist, because you see, Biden is absolutely a rapist, and the real problem is that our standards of evidence for proving guilt are simply too high, and we should just lower them when it comes to rape on the basis that coming forward as a rape victim is really hard.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

i am harry posted:

I got $9k twice as a sole proprietor

I wish I'd applied... :allears:

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1705291119049785594?s=20

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

The rate hikes worked!

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

lmao at Bob Menendez:

quote:

In exchange for all those actions, the indictment said, the senator and his wife accepted cash, gold, payments toward a home mortgage, the luxury car and other valuable things. The day after a trip to Egypt in 2021, the indictment said, Mr. Menendez asked in an internet query “how much is one kilo of gold worth.”

It's one kilo of gold, Michael.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Slow News Day posted:

Joe Biden being the most pro-union president in 50 years sure angers some people.

He's going to lose by 4 points.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I don’t like this “Biden” I keep seeing in the news. Old guy creeps me out.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:laffo:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/msainat1/status/1705290973893284235?t=nxwebr4nKFeaBE4V3hBTZQ&s=19

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

lmao

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

:drat: that is some weak poo poo

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hell yeah

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

wow it’s amazing how valuable those workers are

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

eXXon posted:

lmao at Bob Menendez:

It's one kilo of gold, Michael.

that's almost 70k lol

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

menendez had to do corruption so he could afford to give his wife a full pair of jeans.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Willa Rogers posted:

menendez had to do corruption so he could afford to give his wife a full pair of jeans.

looking Newtish

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

This poo poo is ramping up so fast.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
It will be interesting to see how pro union Biden is when the leading owner of all politicians, the heathcare industry, demands intervention on their behalf and we get an executive order outlawing the strike like the railroad strike

The "They are killing patients! We will negotiate but you can not be allowed to strike" headlines write themselves

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Biden’s economic policies so pro union he getting them all to strike at once.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

railroad strike was a different law

not as easy for Biden in these other ones

though he still could try and gently caress it up

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Cpt_Obvious posted:

seriously. isnt there also a strike for the culinary union too?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Kaiser will fold insanely quickly. Unlike auto manufactures, there’s no backlog of goods to burn through and hiring scabs for licensed professionals is insanely difficult if not impossible.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Gov. Gavin Newsom is pressing the U.S. Supreme Court to review a controversial ruling that has prevented cities from clearing homeless encampments.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/...nd%20sidewalks.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

FlapYoJacks posted:

Kaiser will fold insanely quickly. Unlike auto manufactures, there’s no backlog of goods to burn through and hiring scabs for licensed professionals is insanely difficult if not impossible.

all chuds all of them

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

HallelujahLee posted:

Gov. Gavin Newsom is pressing the U.S. Supreme Court to review a controversial ruling that has prevented cities from clearing homeless encampments.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/...nd%20sidewalks.

A much better solution than giving the unhoused houses. :smith:

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

skooma512 posted:

That's just off the top of my head what his schedule might be. The point is that Biden has poo poo to do, Trump can flit around making appearances in Mcdonald's or whatever between indictments.

thank you for being very fair to biden. cspam can be so cruel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

euphronius posted:

railroad strike was a different law

not as easy for Biden in these other ones

though he still could try and gently caress it up
It wasn't an executive order that banned the rail strike.

The Railway Labor Act required congress to vote on imposing that contract on the workers exactly as if they were voting on a law, since they easily had the bipartisan filibuster-proof votes to do that, they could just as easily pass new anti-striking laws on other industries.