Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
I feel like I have been having the exact opposite experience as everyone else, I haven't really enjoyed Loki or had a lot of success with him, and I've been doing great with ravonna and have been enjoying playing games with her with that goblin dark hawk deck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Devo posted:

I don't think Ravonna is as bad as most people, but in an either/or situation it's definitely Mobius. Have a feeling he's going to be borderline game breaking.

Mobius is also series 4, right? I have enough for both. Just wondering if thoughts have shifted on Ravonna. If I don’t get her now, it’ll be awhile.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

DeepDickPizza posted:

Mobius is also series 4, right? I have enough for both. Just wondering if thoughts have shifted on Ravonna. If I don’t get her now, it’ll be awhile.

Yeah they're both series 4. The consensus is that she's bad if you want to take that into account. I play off meta a lot so my opinions may vary. If she's gets buffed to 2/2 or 2/3 she's going to be pretty dang good I think.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I guess that’s probably my big concern. She’s not listed in upcoming spotlight data mines, right? So I feel like if I pass on her now, I’ll be waiting forever for her to show up in my shop if she does get buffed shortly. I sorta like her possibilities.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I for one welcome our new Mobius overlords

If SD has a single braincell amongst them they'd recognize that Mobius as a 2 cost will lead to a very toxic play of Mobius on turn 2 and wave on turn 3 leading to the Chad Mobius player playing a 6 cost, probably Galactus, while the virgin opponent can only play at most a single 4 cost

If Mobius was a 3 cost we wouldn't have this problem

We will however bear witness to the rise of Rogue

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Sep 23, 2023

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

^^^2 energy Mobius is going to enable some stupid poo poo and will absolutely get nerfed. He's the most crazy OP card they've released in a while.

DeepDickPizza posted:

I guess that’s probably my big concern. She’s not listed in upcoming spotlight data mines, right? So I feel like if I pass on her now, I’ll be waiting forever for her to show up in my shop if she does get buffed shortly. I sorta like her possibilities.

I guess it depends on how many S4/S5 cards you have, but I think she'll rotate in and out of your shop enough that you'll see her. She'll always be 3k so don't spend a spotlight box on her.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I for one welcome our new Mobius overlords

If SD has a single braincell amongst them they'd recognize that Mobius as a 2 cost will lead to a very toxic play of Mobius on turn 2 and wave on turn 3 leading to the Chad Mobius player playing a 6 cost, probably Galactus, while the virgin opponent can only play at most a single 4 cost

If Mobius was a 3 cost we wouldn't have this problem

We will however bear witness to the rise of Rogue

I don't think that any combo that requires three specific cards to be played on turns 2, 3, and 4 is going to be a huge problem.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

BoldFace posted:

I don't think that any combo that requires three specific cards to be played on turns 2, 3, and 4 is going to be a huge problem.

If you don't require Galactus on 4, and just change that to "any bomb", then Mobius on 2 and Wave on 3 is going to happen more often than you think. You'll have both cards in your hand by turn 2 around 15% of the time. You could also have Mobius on 2 and draw into Wave on 3, but I don't feel like figuring that out right now. It's not going to be an every game occurrence, but it's going to happen a lot.

e: it's been way too long since I've done any serious probability, but I think adding the second scenario in makes it roughly 19% to have Mobius on 2 and Wave on 3. Unless my memory is completely hosed from teaching high school and having covid 38 times.

Devo fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 23, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Just take that Bynx deck and drop any card you don't like for Mobius. It'll be a bit nasty.

One good thing about playing junk decks is that I don't often see my opponents' big combos. Their side of the board is full of rocks and Hood and goblin.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Devo posted:

This deck I stole from Regis is dumb as gently caress but god drat is it good into all of the Loki players right now

# (2) Zabu
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Morph
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Ravonna Renslayer
# (4) Darkhawk
# (4) Dracula
# (4) Jubilee
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Sera
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW1lcmljYUNoYXZleiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGFya2hhd2sifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRyYWN1bGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkluZmluYXV0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJcm9uTWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJcm9uaGVhcnQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikp1YmlsZWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vcnBoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNeXN0aXF1ZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUmF2b25uYVJlbnNsYXllciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2VyYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmFidSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

If you've ever thought your cards were too expensive, here's the deck for you.

This deck is nasty, I ran into it twice last night in conquest

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
It got me my Ravonna wins, that's for sure. I don't know if it has legs, but it works for now!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Just had a great game against a Galactus player. He beat my rear end. He killed my Green Goblin in Kiln and dropped a Hobgoblin on Necrosha. Last turn Mindscape flips. He top decks Galactus and drops it on Necrosha, but I top decked Viper and sent the Hobgoblin over. It was great.

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

fighting evil by moonlight
winning love by daylight

How vicious is the monetization of this game for a new player? Considering playing but don't want to drop lots of $$ if it's required.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I've thrown about 50 bucks (three season passes, and a few smaller bundles) in this game since October, never really felt like I was missing out much aside from a couple fun cards here and there. Found the decks I liked pretty early on.

Not sure how smooth things are progression-wise for a newer player, though.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I was buying the season pass, but I stopped after Hit Monkey. So I don't have Nebula, Daken, Loki, or anyone else I forgot about. I'm also missing a bunch of cards from S4 and S5.

Stay f2p honestly, unless you see a card you really like. Except for Surfer, all of my favorite decks don't even use any season pass cards. I don't think I'm even using any from S4.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

sailormoon posted:

How vicious is the monetization of this game for a new player? Considering playing but don't want to drop lots of $$ if it's required.

i wouldn't say it's required but the onboarding is rough (though it's better than it used to be). try the game out and see if you like it enough to stick with it, and follow the thread to see what cards might be worth picking up

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
It's only 10 bucks a month for the only real thing you'd want to spend money on

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Also with how expensive it is for tokens now, $10 is nothing

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

That's not nothing in my currency unfortunately, and thus I've passed on every Season pass since....Surfer I think?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

sailormoon posted:

Walla posted:

I was buying the season pass, but I stopped after Hit Monkey. So I don't have Nebula, Daken, Loki, or anyone else I forgot about. I'm also missing a bunch of cards from S4 and S5.

I'm the opposite, I started buying the season passes with hit monkey.

that and the intro captain america deal are the only money I've spent so far, and I'm missing exactly 9 cards total and it appears with good luck I'll be able to stay on top of getting all new cards on the roadmap.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
The new player experience should be better than ever considering the spotlight caches heavily favor the have nots. And my new player experience back when was already a blast all the way thru s3 complete when I became a miserable grump about all the gatdang changes they made to my game

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Second Dinner straight keeping Dan Hipp in their sweatshop.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Yeah the combo of spotlight caches and being able to pick a free S3 card per month of your choice instead or hoping you get lucky pulling a Sera, venom, etc would make the new player experience much better than it was at the start of the year

I just get the season pass every month as it's the best value and I play enough of this to justify it, if that warcraft arc light legends game ever comes out and it's good I may switch to that but we will see

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Artelier posted:

That's not nothing in my currency unfortunately, and thus I've passed on every Season pass since....Surfer I think?

Surfer is probably the best Season Pass card. He enabled an entire new deck type. I don't think any other Season Pass card has. Wave, maybe?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Sorry for your 0 power Collectors. Middle location was originally Rickety Bridge before I Reality Stone'd it.

Walla posted:

Surfer is probably the best Season Pass card. He enabled an entire new deck type. I don't think any other Season Pass card has. Wave, maybe?

Probably Zabu! He was Season Pass, right?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yes Zabu is up there

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Did the $5 variant and got Hipp Rhino. Good pull.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Pre nerf Zabu was a force to be reckoned with. Post nerf, he's an insanely good card. And he was immediately after Surfer, and before Surfer got nerfed. That was a hard winter.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Nebula is still good and she’s never gotten a nerf

Hauki
May 11, 2010

TIL Shadow King doesn't reset Angela's power

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Turn out this whole time that the trick to reaching infinite was to play a good deck you know well, snap when you're winning and retreat when you're losing. Who knew?
Good old destroy pulled through after trying to make Loki work, trying to make Silk/Kraven work, etc.

Hauki posted:

TIL Shadow King doesn't reset Angela's power
It absolutely does, it was probably blocked by something. Was there a Luke Cage in play?

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

obi_ant posted:

Second Dinner straight keeping Dan Hipp in their sweatshop.

I'm fine with this. After the recent event, I'm at an even 30 Hipp variants and it rocks. Give me more Hipp

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Walla posted:

We just got the most meta-defining season pass card they've ever made including Zabu.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

sailormoon posted:

My sample size is small but out of 4 people who started at global launch, I was the only one who whaled out.

All 4 of us still play, and at this point all of us have nearly the same competative collection.

This game is designed to make you want to start spending money after getting initially addicted to great gameplay for a few weeks, but you 100% don't have to.

My thing with snap is even after all the bullshit, they really did make a great game so just play it how you want.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jedit posted:

We just got the most meta-defining season pass card they've ever made including Zabu.

When was that?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Opopanax posted:

When was that?

Loki

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I definitely don't agree with that. Loki makes Collector decks work a little better (or he did until they nerfed Collector), but he's hardly meta defining

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Opopanax posted:

I definitely don't agree with that. Loki makes Collector decks work a little better (or he did until they nerfed Collector), but he's hardly meta defining

Reducing him to 'collector buffer' is a pretty disingenuous way to try to make your point

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Pre-Loki Collector decks were like Bounce and Discard. Maybe some Devil Dino shenanigans. Current Loki decks play nothing like those and the entire meta has warped around him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well if he's so good why am I still bouncing between the 70s and 80s :colbert: