Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Looper posted:

oh boy 100+ new posts in my favorite threa- oh it's just chrono trigger

yeah i always sad when its a chrono trigger day too :( we did all these posts before sob sob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Looper posted:

oh boy 100+ new posts in my favorite threa- oh it's just chrono trigger

why is this your favorite thread

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lets talk about a different C. trigger game.

Thats right, its time for lore posting about BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wonder if the Not-RPG thread has to argue about Half-Life 2 being the greatest game of all time as much as Chrono Trigger keeps coming up here.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Schwarzwald posted:

You (as a player) mostly always have a very clear idea of what you're trying to accomplish at any given moment, and a clear picture of what your next immediate goal is. That might not seem like such a big deal but it's something a lot of RPGs, even well regarded ones, tend to fall flat on.

This point in particular sticks out to me because I'm thinking about a lot of rpgs I like and many of them aren't able to strike that balance of keeping distinct and visible short, medium, and longterm goals the way CT does. Obviously not every single game needs it, but when that stuff goes wrong it can feel aimless in a bad way.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

RareAcumen posted:

I wonder if the Not-RPG thread has to argue about Half-Life 2 being the greatest game of all time as much as Chrono Trigger keeps coming up here.

do people still go for bat for half life 2? i feel like the common perception these days is 1 is better

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
above anything else chrono trigger arguments are kinda tiring because it is a well-crafted enough game that all difference of opinion is largely down to personal taste and annoyance with specific aspects most people won't care about as much. all i got to say is the parts that sold it for other people didnt for me cause i value specific things in rpgs it dont got

DNE
Nov 24, 2007
I mean, I just watched my wife beat Bug Fables. I've never cleared it myself but it seemed pretty good. I like that all the characters banter at each-other and they all have their own specific Tattle dialogue for each enemy in the game, with some very strong opinions.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this thread owns

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you call yours bug fables?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Snooze Cruise posted:

do people still go for bat for half life 2? i feel like the common perception these days is 1 is better

I'm just trying to remember any game that was on the GameFaqs 'Best game ever' tournament and that's the only one I can think of aside from one of the Legend of Zeldas that I can't even specifically remember. Maybe it was Majora's Mask. Before Undertale came and swept the board without any bot assistance pumping up votes for it.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Barudak posted:

Lets talk about a different C. trigger game.

Thats right, its time for lore posting about BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Hang on let me get the three hour Powerpoint explaining what the gently caress Jin and Hakumen’s goddamn deal is.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

RareAcumen posted:

I'm just trying to remember any game that was on the GameFaqs 'Best game ever' tournament and that's the only one I can think of aside from one of the Legend of Zeldas that I can't even specifically remember. Maybe it was Majora's Mask. Before Undertale came and swept the board without any bot assistance pumping up votes for it.

the most compelling moment in chrono trigger is clearly when frog beat master chief in the 2004 gamefaqs character contest poll

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chrono Trigger was an amazing game when I first played it on the SNES but it's not aged as well as other 16 or 32 bit RPG's for me and the it's the only RPG that a decent amount of indy games pull from is why I get people are perhaps a bit fed up with it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

chrono trigger is good but every new rpg that comes out needs to stop being compared to it by western reviewers as if it's the last JRPG that was ever made

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

DNE posted:

I mean, I just watched my wife beat Bug Fables. I've never cleared it myself but it seemed pretty good. I like that all the characters banter at each-other and they all have their own specific Tattle dialogue for each enemy in the game, with some very strong opinions.

i liked Bug Fables a lot, i should play it again sometime.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

nrook posted:

the most compelling moment in chrono trigger is clearly when frog beat master chief in the 2004 gamefaqs character contest poll

Frog is very cool.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im not a chrono trigger fan but i am a fan of frog

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
frog deserves to be talk about with Disney Robin Hood in being a furry awakening methinks

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
what the

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i don't think that is true. i do think on the other hand frog AND toad was many's GAY awakening!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Junpei posted:

frog deserves to be talk about with Disney Robin Hood in being a furry awakening methinks
i will pay you money to stop talking about chrono trigger

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Junpei posted:

congrats op for somehow winning the extremely competitive award for Most Whack Post About Chrono Trigger in the RPG Thread

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Junpei posted:

why say this when Breath of Fire exists

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
i thought we were over hating on furries. that's such a sad early 2000s thing.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i do find hating on furries tedious, but i also don't need heidregall type posting or w/e that poster's name was

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't think saying you made a whack post constitutes hating on furries

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I would never hate on furries. Whack posts? Not so much

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I will never stop being a hater.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im not hating on furries i just dont think we should post about wanting to gently caress frog from chrono trigger

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Junpei posted:

Junpei posted:

i thought we were over hating on furries. that's such a sad early 2000s thing.

hiding behind this for your stupid post ftw.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I will never stop being a hater.

please. this thread is a Cyberconnect2-positive zone

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and to get ahead of it i dont think we should post about wanting to gently caress robo either

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Bussamove posted:

Hang on let me get the three hour Powerpoint explaining what the gently caress Jin and Hakumen’s goddamn deal is.

That part's easy to explain, you could do it in a paragraph. The real part that confuses me is what the hell is actually going on with all the timeline stuff in CT and the observers watching the timelines who get killed by Terumi.

I'm probably never going to play CT again because the story mode is really clunky to actually play but I do wish I'd get a clear answer on what's going on there.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

Endorph posted:

and to get ahead of it i dont think we should post about wanting to gently caress robo either

Well who can we gently caress!?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Flea

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

D.Fuzzbot posted:

Well who can we gently caress!?

1, Johnny
2. Dalton
3. Left bit ONLY

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

If anything I think we should be arguing about which SaGa game is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010