Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
This is basically my fit today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
buddykins did you take that job yet

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Consummate Professional posted:

what job

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Bearjew posted:

what job

This another chapter closes.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

something about running trains

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

mdemone posted:

Milley is a witness in the J6 case, so Chutkan would be well within her purview to come down on him.

she won't, of course, but she's going to eventually have to make some kind of order about it

She might as well just pre trial detain him just to get a head start on the cluster gently caress of actually jailing a president. Like what's their plan if he gets guilty verdicts, just scratch their heads and wonder what to do next.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Bearjew posted:

what job

blow

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 369 days!
imagine the kinda degenerate you gotta be to be on this grind, speng31b you legit have loving brain problems lol

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

tenderjerk posted:

imagine the kinda degenerate you gotta be to be on this grind, speng31b you legit have loving brain problems lol

what'd they do

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

deathbysnusnu posted:

She might as well just pre trial detain him just to get a head start on the cluster gently caress of actually jailing a president. Like what's their plan if he gets guilty verdicts, just scratch their heads and wonder what to do next.

at the very least she ought to impose escalating fines, starting now. if he keeps doing it, gag him. if he keeps doing it, hold him in contempt.

there's like seven steps she can take before getting to detention. and of course he would never be detained pre-trial, it's just not going to happen unless he kills a bailiff in front of her

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

WrasslorMonkey posted:

what'd they do

you don't actually have to do anything to get chainprobed by Spengebob

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 369 days!

WrasslorMonkey posted:

what'd they do

did not conform to the circle jerk thread + speng and lobster shirt will do anything to stay in those freaks good graces

clown forums

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Filthy Hans posted:

you don't actually have to do anything to get chainprobed by Spengebob

concerning

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I can not stop making GBS threads this morning

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Consummate Professional posted:

he loving better

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

you guys don't appreciate the corrupting power of internet clout on the something awful dot com forums in the year 2023

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

CODChimera posted:

he loving better

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I can not stop making GBS threads this morning

try Metamucil before you go to bed

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

gonna complain loudly about why everyone dogpiles a few threads instead of spreading the posting out to the personal fiefdoms of fragile nerds who will abuse any modicum of power given to them

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

free Schmoe Queef

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/iazyboy/status/1705681077052878945?s=46&t=I-gsjpvNkUNcOBofs8OOkQ

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

do ppl even care about chain probes? seems like a lot of work

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

what happened now

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

which is more pathetic: setting an alarm to repeatedly interrupt your real loving life (lmao you clearly don't have one) to probe a user on the something awful dot com forums or taking the time to write a script to do it for you (a more efficient option but again what the gently caress are you doing with your life lmao)

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

CODChimera posted:

sure is

I took a day off posting a couple weeks ago and found someone had been chainprobing me and I had 6 minutes to go on the third probe before I could post

if I had logged on 7 minutes later I might never even have known how much someone had owned me that day

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

CODChimera posted:

it’s kinda disgusting shitboy behavior but nerds are gonna nerd

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

quote:

The NYPD is launching a new pilot program for a robot that will patrol the subway, New York City Mayor Eric Adams announced in a press conference Friday morning. The robot will have a two-month trial period in the Times Square subway station, accompanied by a cop at all times, the mayor said.

“We’re taking existing technology—cameras, being able to communicate with people—and we’re placing it on wheels,” Adams said, pointing to the robot.

The Knightscope K5 security robot weighs about 400 pounds and can move at a maximum speed of three miles per hour.

“This is not a pushover,” Adams said, pointing to the robot. He then walked over to the robot and tried to push it over four times, saying it was “heavy.” The robot did not tilt, but rolled away from Adams at the first push. “It’s 420 pounds. It’s New York tested.”

K5 will be in the station from midnight to 6 a.m., recording video that the NYPD can review if an emergency or crime occurs, Adams said. It will not, however, go onto the subway platforms, as it cannot navigate stairs. Both Adams and the chief of NYPD Transit, Michael Kemper, said the machine will not employ facial recognition technology yet.

When reached for comment, an NYPD spokesperson directed Motherboard to a general policy for facial recognition software, which covers body cameras and security cameras but does not specifically mention a robot.

“It will not record audio, and it will not use facial recognition,” Adams said. “However, the K5 does have a button that connects you immediately to a live person, that New Yorkers can utilize 24-7, with questions, concerns, or to report an incident if needed.”

The NYPD does not own the robot, Adams said, but is in fact leasing it from the Knightscope company during the trial period for $9 per hour, which the mayor said was helpful due to the “very challenging budget restraints” of the NYPD. The police department’s current budget for Fiscal Year 2023 is $5.83 billion.

When asked by a reporter how much the robot cost, Adams said, laughing, “I know you wanted to write about how we’re wasting money, but I’m taking your thunder away. We’re leasing at $9 an hour.” This figure does not include the cost of the human officer who will be guarding the robot.

400 pounds at 3 miles per hour. It meets the standards for NYPD physical fitness.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Spoondick posted:

which is more pathetic: setting an alarm to repeatedly interrupt your real loving life (lmao you clearly don't have one) to probe a user on the something awful dot com forums or taking the time to write a script to do it for you (a more efficient option but again what the gently caress are you doing with your life lmao)

not naming names but one of the people who has chainprobed me multiple times has 3 kids and still found the time to keep up the chainprobing schedule like a Swiss railroad conductor

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Harton posted:

it’s kinda disgusting shitboy behavior but nerds are gonna nerd

hi Harton

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
y’all are weird, I’m glad I am standing Outside the Circle

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

mdemone posted:

at the very least she ought to impose escalating fines, starting now. if he keeps doing it, gag him. if he keeps doing it, hold him in contempt.

there's like seven steps she can take before getting to detention. and of course he would never be detained pre-trial, it's just not going to happen unless he kills a bailiff in front of her

not sure about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTACH1eVIaA

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

tenderjerk posted:

Fricking epic

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
chain probed? you get what you deserve :cool:

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i gotta tear this mf out, clean it up and put it back in i think, it stalls out right after start... it was sitting in a shed for 15 years and we had a mechanic get it running but afterwards we had to drive it 20 miles home and i think the ethanol gas dissolved some of the gunk in the fuel line and gummed up the carb, either that or a vacuum leak maybe

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Mayor subterranean crystal majicks is a weird dude

quote:

The mayor was enthusiastic about the cost-effectiveness of the robot. “I want you guys to be extremely creative in your writing style to say ‘Eric, job well done,’” he told reporters. He then approached the robot for a photo opportunity and held up a hand heart to its left. The robot did not complete the right-side hand heart, because it has no arms or fingers.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Bethamphetamine posted:

Mayor subterranean crystal majicks is a weird dude

what the gently caress is wrong with this guy

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Imagine telling someone to get a job smh. Bunch of landlords in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo