Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

sweet thursday posted:

All our teams suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sweet thursday posted:

All our teams suck

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

fartknocker posted:

i'm glad the ravens lost

If we win the next two games this. But we will not. This team is bad.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Kawalimus was right, as usual.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Did watson look good? Hoping to play an empty husk next week
'
Least Hamilton looks like a superstar

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Despera posted:

He looked okay. Got lucky on some dpi calls but he was slippery and made some good throws

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Browns 2-1 in the division after today's win over noted AFCN team the Tennessee Titans.

Despera posted:

'
Least Hamilton looks like a superstar

Probably the best he's looked since he joined the Browns. Didn't look like a world beater or anything, but looked like a competent QB who makes the throws he should and escapes sacks.

As opposed to every other Browns game he's played where he's looked like trash in the bottom half of QBs in the Browns last 2 decades. I'd expect more trash less good next week tbh.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Despera posted:

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1706002881722118259

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

I forgot that play since it was a blow out and this play was early, but that was almost the worst play I've ever seen a Browns QB make. It was so close to total disaster fumble 6 and even then, what was his best case scenario? What could possibly have gone right about throwing it backwards like that?

Like up their with some incredibly dumb pick sixes by notable bad QBs like weeden.

wilderthanmild fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Sep 24, 2023

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

lol that's tremendous.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

wilderthanmild posted:

I forgot that game since it was a blow out and this play was early, but that was almost the worst play I've ever seen a Browns QB make. It was so close to total disaster fumble 6 and even then, what was his best case scenario? What could possibly have gone right about throwing it backwards like that?

Like up their with some incredibly dumb pick sixes by notable bad QBs like weeden.

Im just amazed that we ended that drive with a td pass.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I've only been a Ravens superfan for 1.5 seasons, but that was the roughest loss. So many times we were a few feet or one fewer boneheaded decisions from winning.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Sep 25, 2023

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

It's fairly high on the list of dumbest Ravens losses

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

It's fairly high on the list of dumbest Ravens losses

Have we ever lost a won game at all before? I know this technically wasn't but was like 99% a win if we played that series after the safety correctly.

I guess you can sort of count the loss to the Patriots in 2007 when Rex Ryan called the timeout when we stopped Brady

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

endzone leap from the 2

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

endzone leap from the 2

No that isn't a won game. There was plenty of time to go in that game after that and you can't assume a successful score there anyway. A won game is when you're in kneeldowns or very close to it.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Have we ever lost a won game at all before? I know this technically wasn't but was like 99% a win if we played that series after the safety correctly.

I guess you can sort of count the loss to the Patriots in 2007 when Rex Ryan called the timeout when we stopped Brady

Off the top of my head I'm thinking of that game, the playoff game against the colts where we could only get field goals, national tv game against jags, obviously the billy cundiff game, and the steelers game in the playoffs that we pissed away. Time has no meaning anymore so I can't remember exactly what year any of these things happened but I'm sure you remember them.

In terms of dumbest/most annoying losses.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I trust you

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

im going to kill the cincinnati bengals. this is an actionable threat

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Just for fun the steve haushka vikings game

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Off the top of my head I'm thinking of that game, the playoff game against the colts where we could only get field goals, national tv game against jags, obviously the billy cundiff game, and the steelers game in the playoffs that we pissed away. Time has no meaning anymore so I can't remember exactly what year any of these things happened but I'm sure you remember them.

In terms of dumbest/most annoying losses.

No those aren't won games. Billy Cundiff was to tie the game but you could almost count the Lee Evans catch+drop but not quite. Blown leads aren't won games. None of the 10pt leads we blew last year were won games like this one.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

No those aren't won games. Billy Cundiff was to tie the game but you could almost count the Lee Evans catch but not quite. Blown leads aren't won games. None of the 10pt leads we blew last year were won games like this one.

Yeah I know, we're talking about two different things

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

the dolphins and giants games last season were really loving annoying. the bills game is shortly behind those two

2021 had that raiders game to start the season. the rest of the losses were forgettable since jackson was basically out for all of them. although that there were like 3 of them during that stretch that were a 2pt conversion away from winning somehow, and to lose every single one of them sucked.

that's about it as far as dumbest ravens losses during the jackson era. there are some really dumb ones during the flacco era but not so much in terms of throwing away a game like that

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Oh yeah how'd I forget the dolphins game (very deliberately)

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Dolphins game is close, specifically the situation where we tried for a TD near the end on 3rd down when it would actually have been more beneficial to go for a first down and set up a FG as time expired. Not quite won cause we still have to convert and then hit the FG, but VERY dumb.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

the giants game is probably the closest in terms of a winnable game that was thrown away by doing literally every as wrong as possible

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

the giants game is probably the closest in terms of a winnable game that was thrown away by doing literally every as wrong as possible

Yeah that's pretty close. Definitely above the 90% threshold in that one.

We won a lost game in 2003 against the Seahawks when the refs gave us an extra timeout. It wouldn't have even been possible to win otherwise.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
https://twitter.com/JohnHillbery/status/1706299827200340045?t=4FTVYhWW8Rd06HfCW1Z52g&s=19

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
ohio loving sucks

h3r0n
Dec 22, 2005

a patagonian cavy posted:

ohio loving sucks

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Wait. It's all Ohio?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

no.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

a patagonian cavy posted:

ohio loving sucks

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Despera posted:

Wait. It's all Ohio?

Always was

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Despera posted:

Wait. It's all Ohio?

There’s Florida. So bad even Ohio won’t claim it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I think the Browns are going to win but I want the Ravens to win because the Browns are a more legitimate threat down the road.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Go The now remaining in Baltimore Orioles

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Go The now remaining in Baltimore Orioles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mr7mQuGmp0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU