Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

Fields is one 30 point loss from declaring himself the brother of Jesus

Craig Christ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

CharlestheHammer posted:

Fields is one 30 point loss from declaring himself the brother of Jesus

Justin "Hong Xiuquan" Fields

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

This is disgusting and should get Eberflus fired immediately

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/startkyIeorton/status/1706115929426292881

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
https://twitter.com/danbarreirokfan/status/1706061946758271419?s=46

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I can't bring myself to try to make jokes about the Bears. It's just a dead loving last franchise in every single respect.

Even the Cardinals beat Fat Mike.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The fact that you would willingly take the Bears job de-facto proves you are incompetent

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Too busy pondering his existence when he should be pondering the playbook

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

xbilkis posted:

This is what it's all about baby. We'll really be in the driver's seat if we manage to lose next week

I'm fine with this. Tired of MIN eternally having pick #15-25.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SirPablo posted:

Hell yeah brother.

This is supposed to be a good QB draft too so setting them up better for long term success instead of relying on Kirk Cousins 37+ age seasons is fine by me

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

SirPablo posted:

The bears hadnt picked 1, 2 or 3 since the 70s until the Mitch draft. Had never been the worst team in the league - prior time picking #1 was a tiebreaker before the merger.

I used to think it would be fun to have high picks. Last year was fun.

It isn't fun anymore. You don't want this.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I didn't watch a second of today's game, and it sounds like I made the right choice. But you better believe I'm gonna watch every minute of next week's sewer fight. Burn it all down or whatever.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Man, anything that makes Seth not happy I'm sort of for.....

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

trevorreznik posted:

Yeah. That’s hard to watch.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

trevorreznik posted:

I used to think it would be fun to have high picks. Last year was fun.

It isn't fun anymore. You don't want this.

Buddy I could have told you that.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

trevorreznik posted:

He did it last year and no one cared

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Bird in a Blender posted:

I really appreciate the Bears being downright awful. It’s easier to not care. When they’re out there winning like 8 games is when it really sucks.

Yeah, at this point, I just want to see 0-17

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

The Vikings might be the best 0-3 team of all time

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Nobody gives a poo poo about a 3-14 team. They will not be remembered.

Go for the O.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Thinking about the firing Poles talk, and I'm not sure you can do it this year. I'm not a Bears fan, but it seems like if you hire a GM and fire him after 2 years under the following conditions:

1) Having allowed the previous regime an extra year to mortgage the future of the franchise - Poles's years - on a desperate Hail Mary attempt to save their jobs,
2) Stuck him with the previous regime's desperate Hail Mary attempt at drafting a QB
2) Gave him a choice of three pre-selected head coaching candidates as opposed to letting him be a part of the entire hiring process

Well, no one good's going to consider being your new GM.

I get moving on from Eberflus, dude is bad. I called it before his first year when the story about him was that he was pop quizzing the players about various Bears of ye olden times (because that's what Bill Belichick does), because that's dog poo poo that doesn't loving matter. You can tell you've got a myopic middle manager type by that kind of poo poo.

But I think you kind of have to keep Poles around, let him hire his own guy for HC and give him at minimum two more drafts to figure poo poo out. Especially since the Bears are not a top flight organization that anyone is all that excited to work for, I don't think. No one wants their boss to be demi-lich Virginia McCaskey's broodlings.

I get all the arguments in favor of moving on - Poles's drafts haven't been great, his free agent signings haven't been great - but moving on after two years for a GM severely hamstrung by the past regime... I doubt you'll attract anyone better. :shrug:

Your team shouldn't be getting worse when you had $100 million in cap space and a plethora of picks.

It's early, but his drafts look pretty bad so far. He's struck out 2 straight years in free agency. Made one of the worst trades in recent memory for Claypool. Players have already quit. And perhaps most importantly, his vision is to build the team like it's 2006.

Maybe he'll be a great GM one day but it's clear he's in over his head and the Bears need to move on before he makes things even worse.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

I can't bring myself to try to make jokes about the Bears. It's just a dead loving last franchise in every single respect.

Even the Cardinals beat Fat Mike.

I'm a fan of both the Bears and the Cardinals. And my mother is dying of cancer. This year is awesome.

(massive sarcasm of course)

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

SourKraut posted:

I'm a fan of both the Bears and the Cardinals. And my mother is dying of cancer. This year is awesome.

Oh jeez I'm so sorry man, that's awful

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Oh jeez I'm so sorry man, that's awful

Thanks; yeah, I just found out about two weeks ago that my mother was hiding a growth from all of us, but she honestly thought it wasn't anything to worry about, and there was a bunch of other stuff going on. But it got infected, she was acting weird, and she ultimately had to admit to it. A 10 day hospital stay cleared up the infection, but now we're waiting to meet with the oncologist to see what, if any, treatment they plan to do. Stage 4 melanoma that has metastasized from the leg growth to her groin lymph nodes, tail bone, and liver.

The last few days, since she's not eating great, some of the wounds she had aren't healing now, etc., we're starting to ponder how long she has and how soon she'll need hospice. It sucks.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sourkraut, i'm very sorry about your mother.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

SourKraut posted:

So sorry dude

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

genuinely don't see how the bears win a game this year.

watched the first couple bears drive and i'm sick of screaming THROW THE BALL JUSTIN

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
I’m very sorry to hear that, that’s terrible.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am absolutely flummoxed that the bears are having a worse season than the northwestern wildcats

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

IcePhoenix posted:

The Vikings are going to finish with like five wins but a positive point differential

Yep, that's been my max.

4-5 wins

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

brugroffil posted:

Minnesota and Denver need to get their poo poo together

We play each other on the 27th of November or something, it'll happen then

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

That loving sucks Sourkraut.

Re: Poles.

If I were Warren or George I'd give Poles a chance to save his job, he'd have to do a hell of alot of convincing me to not just reset everything. But I'd give him the dignity of trying to defend himself, and trying to lay out a plan of how he's going to fix this.

Plenty of GM's that people were not high on after their 2 years turned out to be decent GM's but GM is like a conversation that we are going to have to step through a fairly long conversation about some of your decisions, why you made them, did you pick someone or not pick someone because you trusted your coach's which were banging the table, etc etc.

The main reason I'd give Poles a chance to save his job in a debriefing interview, is because he did infact at least fail so far by being intensely frugal and pick hoardy. Bears are rolling over a poo poo ton of cap space, they have a number of high value draft picks, Poles at least set this team up to where if this coaching staff did fail and suck poo poo, the future isn't compromised as far as assets™

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

SourKraut posted:

Thanks; yeah, I just found out about two weeks ago that my mother was hiding a growth from all of us, but she honestly thought it wasn't anything to worry about, and there was a bunch of other stuff going on. But it got infected, she was acting weird, and she ultimately had to admit to it. A 10 day hospital stay cleared up the infection, but now we're waiting to meet with the oncologist to see what, if any, treatment they plan to do. Stage 4 melanoma that has metastasized from the leg growth to her groin lymph nodes, tail bone, and liver.

The last few days, since she's not eating great, some of the wounds she had aren't healing now, etc., we're starting to ponder how long she has and how soon she'll need hospice. It sucks.

You're doing the right thing. My mom found out she's at stage iv pancreatic this summer, and we've focused on palliative care to make her end of life comfortable, even before dealing with hospice. I recommend looking into that because they can help her (and your family) with the mental aspects as well as give you a lot of ideas you may never have had.

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 25, 2023

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Next Bears game: Sunday October 1st
After that game: Thursday October 5th

Then they have a ten-day interval to their next game (10/15). Fire the 'flus right after that Thursday game and immediately bring in a new head coach.

SourKraut, I'm feeling for you. I watched cancer take my mom a couple of years ago (anniversary next week), and it was the worst.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Hey listen I know it’s pretty Bad for the bears right now but think about this. Maybe 2 or 3 years from now if things fall our way we could be competitive again

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

*handing car keys to a man with 8 DUIs on his record* maybe he’ll get it right this time

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

sponges posted:

The Vikings might be the best 0-3 team of all time

I would hate it if they were the best 0-4 team of all time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Next Bears game: Sunday October 1st
After that game: Thursday October 5th

Then they have a ten-day interval to their next game (10/15). Fire the 'flus right after that Thursday game and immediately bring in a new head coach.

I think you're spot on. The bye is in December, which is way too late. If they've lost to Denver and Washington you either fire the staff and try to pull out of the skid against Minnesota, or question why anyone is even going out on the field