Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

This new version of Boss Baby is weird and the baby appears to have anxiety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Alternatively maybe Pela is just Benjamin Button

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

maybe Pela is the older one, and Serval is the younger

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
If I had any artistic talent I'd be drawing teenage Serval and Dunn trying to find a drummer for the band and they happen to go past the Academy's day care where a baby Pela with a pacifier is inexplicably SHREDDING on a drumset

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They could correct the translation error or they chould embrace the error and have Pela stuck in a time loop or even better make her a Herrscher of doujin and rock

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Meowywitch posted:

lmaooo Fu Xuan's text messages are great

I really enjoy how on a couple of them you can choose responses that either imply or state that you don't believe in divination and she gets really catty every time.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

JT Jag posted:

If I had any artistic talent I'd be drawing teenage Serval and Dunn trying to find a drummer for the band and they happen to go past the Academy's day care where a baby Pela with a pacifier is inexplicably SHREDDING on a drumset
I mean, the criminal mastermind behind the most notorious gang in the Underworld is Hook, and she's like 8. You've gotta grow up early in Belobog.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Kanos posted:

I really enjoy how on a couple of them you can choose responses that either imply or state that you don't believe in divination and she gets really catty every time.

I mean, the lady runs a giant probability modeler that doubles as a seance machine for dead people's uploaded memories, that's just straight scientific computer work right there, can't really deny that.

now if she means the horoscopes she reads when she gets up in the morning, yeah, no sweat tweaking her on that

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Tree Reformat posted:

I mean, the lady runs a giant probability modeler that doubles as a seance machine for dead people's uploaded memories, that's just straight scientific computer work right there, can't really deny that.

now if she means the horoscopes she reads when she gets up in the morning, yeah, no sweat tweaking her on that

she's just relying on chatgpt and doesn't want to lose her job

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

So the new event just basically send your characters on assignments? That's it?

Well free jades is free jades, not going to complain about how easy it is.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Just reporting in that I stifle a chuckle Every. Single. Time Luocha heals QQ:

“Receive divinity!”
“Tasty.”

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

NeonPunk posted:

So the new event just basically send your characters on assignments? That's it?

Well free jades is free jades, not going to complain about how easy it is.

Swarm SU was supposed to be dropping with Fu Xuan, and once people realized how short the MSQ was this patch they started complaining about how light on content things were. In response, Hoyo moved Swarm up to very early in the patch to give people more to do.

Probably the right call, but unfortunately it just moves the content-light part of the patch from the first half to the second half. That said, I'm nowhere close to being through Swarm and I still enjoy it, so it'll tide me over for another couple weeks.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

No I think its the right call too. There's nothing wrong with having a easy no stress event after a extremely heavy content update.

Although it's going to suck for those who only log in once a day or only on the weekend, they won't be able to complete everything (im sure that's the intent, to get everyone logging in more often)

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

NeonPunk posted:

No I think its the right call too. There's nothing wrong with having a easy no stress event after a extremely heavy content update.

Although it's going to suck for those who only log in once a day or only on the weekend, they won't be able to complete everything (im sure that's the intent, to get everyone logging in more often)
The event lasts for two weeks, and it looks like there's only six sets of assignments. You'll have a bad time if you try to rush it all at the very end, but there's plenty of slack built in there.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

noticed the support part for the special event assignments, wonder if i get extra credits for that if people choose mine.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
I hope so, I chose support units for every one even if they didn't match the suggested path.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

jesus, the intro to this event is like a dozen text boxes of empty blathering

probably my biggest issue with this game, get to the loving point!!

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Pela = Jill Valentine

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/status/1706194970120790265

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHt8hzGs9oE

Livestream set for Friday. Chapter being titled Jolted Awake from A Winter Dream could either be a hint towards a Jarilo-VI centric patch with Topaz showing up there in the TGS trailer to collect the 700 year debt or could potentially be a reference to Jingliu's sudden reappearance and being Cryo element, or more likely both.

Zokari posted:

Genshin has 10 million words of text after being out for 3 years. It's kind of one of the companies things. Even Honkai Impact 3 side stories are like 3 hours long average.

Kale fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Sep 25, 2023

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

There's also a March 7th skin that's been in the leaks for a while now, March's presence on the teaser image could imply we're getting it finally.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

GateOfD posted:

noticed the support part for the special event assignments, wonder if i get extra credits for that if people choose mine.

Ya know I think they do. Haven't got any credits in the past 2 weeks, now suddenly I just logged in to 8,000 credit

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

How long before they reveal March is actually the great Satan

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Wow, the Propagation path makes normal SU a total joke.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I got this for Bronya today. A couple of other notable pieces, but this is the only one I leveled.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
What is it that determines the “team is underpowered” message? I’ll get it in the weekly 3/3 boss fights even when I bring in a team of lvl 80s with 80 LC and pretty handily beat it, but the message is always there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

everything. relics, trace levels, etc. you need basically everything maxed out to stop getting it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Killed the deer in Diff IV in like 3 rounds. Propagation + dragon dan is really really silly.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Zokari posted:

I'd usually be echoing your gripes but I really don't think it's that bad this time around? We only talk to one person, don't have to travel anywhere and it's a one-time thing just for flavor.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Endorph posted:

everything. relics, trace levels, etc. you need basically everything maxed out to stop getting it.

it was way better in genshin where it had nice progress bars for every individual thing so you could see where your power was Slackitu-ing exactly

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Kanos posted:

In March's quest you can say maybe helping her is too hard for the divination matrix and Fu Xuan is all :mad:

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Ruby Prism posted:

I'd usually be echoing your gripes but I really don't think it's that bad this time around? We only talk to one person, don't have to travel anywhere and it's a one-time thing just for flavor.

It's not that bad, but it's a little annoying that there is some of it every time. It's really a bummer that you can't just skip convos if you don't care about the story. I love alt accounts in gachas, but I gave up 3/4 through Belobog. Starting fresh and playing the game was fun, but clicking through literal hours of boring-rear end unskippable dialogue and lovely animations had me dropping the project fast.

Not being able to skip story in a game like this only makes sense if you're rhe kind of person who cares about a metric like "average time each player is logged in per session"

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
This was a fun run, started with the "double fragments but no blessings" curio, then picked up pretty much all the other fragment bonus curios. I think my IOU popped for like 3000.

(I'm just finishing off achievements on difficulty 1, I don't recommend this on actual runs.)

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I know percentage-based damage buffs stack additively, but is that true even for conditional bonuses with different conditions? If your skill would deal 1,000 damage, and you have Rutilant Arena (+20% skill damage), the buff from Bronya's skill (+66% to all damage) and 40% bonus damage for your element, does it deal 1,000 * (1 + 0.2 + 0.66 + 0.4) = 2,260 damage, or 1,000 * 1.2 * 1.66 * 1.4 = 2,788 damage?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
In Genshin at least, all percentage bonuses, even ones with different conditions, stacked additively. I assume it's the same here.

Edit: Except crit damage.

Edit2: I believe if you look at your stat screen while buffed, a generic damage buff is even technically considered a buff to each element separately:

Clarste fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 26, 2023

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
All damage buffs are additive percents.

Defense, Resistance Penetration, Damage Taken and Toughness are all their own multipliers.

Character ATK and LC ATK are "base ATK" for the purpose of being multiplied by ATK %. Flat ATK from relics and buffs is added after multiplication.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The ultimate reason why flat stats are just pure distilled hatred. If they got % buffs they might at least have some purpose. But no....

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

gotta have some trash stats to keep you on the treadmill i guess

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

In Genshin at least, all percentage bonuses, even ones with different conditions, stacked additively. I assume it's the same here.

Edit: Except crit damage.

Edit2: I believe if you look at your stat screen while buffed, a generic damage buff is even technically considered a buff to each element separately:

Well that's good to know.

Even though you can't see it on the stat screen, I was also able to confirm that Ruti works the same way by using Fu Xuan's aura to buff someone over the crit rate threshold without changing their other stats and comparing the damage directly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I'm pretty sure March 7th "boosted" form (like DHIL) is going to be Quantum based. Since "quantum locked" feels like the next step past freezing people in place as far as debuffs go? Also just the way her past is presented as a total flux that she shouldn't think about too hard feels sort of Quantum observation themed.