Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

RCarr posted:

Ymmv but I would not hesitate to drop his bum rear end

Yeah, one good game against the Raiders doesn't make him startable in my eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Mollymauk posted:

Mike Williams probably out for the season

confirmed, torn acl.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

I feel like a genius for picking up McKinnon as a free agent for an emergency injury fill in today

Want to follow this up by saying, I still feel good about this choice, shame my opponent got 40 points from davante adams and now my big lead is me down by 10.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde

abelwingnut posted:

confirmed, torn acl.

Is Quentin Johnson worth a pickup?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

Yes

I nearly picked him up before the games yesterday but instead picked up the Bucs defense for some reason.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

definitely, but palmer's the big gainer here.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Achane was just sitting there on waivers in three leagues. I'll never get him now.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Just got a trade offer in my superflex dynasty league where I'm tanking.

Give: Sam Howell, 2024 late 1st, 2024 late 2nd

Get: Justin Fields

I'm not sure about Howell long term, but I should probably just stay away from Fields, right? Even if I really wanted him I think that might be a bit too much to give up.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jingleheimer posted:

Just got a trade offer in my superflex dynasty league where I'm tanking.

Give: Sam Howell, 2024 late 1st, 2024 late 2nd

Get: Justin Fields

I'm not sure about Howell long term, but I should probably just stay away from Fields, right? Even if I really wanted him I think that might be a bit too much to give up.

lol decline that ASAP and make fun of your friend.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

As a Bears fan, I would stay away from everyone on the Bears. Fields could probably be kept on your bench, but I wouldn't start him until he proves otherwise. Last year, the Bears also had a terrible start and then they got Fields to run. If they somehow remember that, then he'd be a worthy starter, but I wouldn't count on that happening any time soon.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

kiimo posted:

Achane was just sitting there on waivers in three leagues. I'll never get him now.

He was drafted in both of mine lol

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

saintonan posted:

Same.

I'm a Mike Williams owner and dropped him (and Dotson) for both Palmer and Johnston. Dotson hasn't shown anything and seemed to be a consensus drop.

Watch him actually do something now.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

saintonan posted:

Drafted in most of my leagues... and then dropped lol. Guess this will be my next big swing after missing out on Ford by $1 :argh:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

kiimo posted:

I mean the reality is, he's never going to repeat that performance in his life. But he will probably starting getting a decent share of carries, enough to be an RB2.

If I had Achane right now I'd be sending out trade offers.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Achane is someone I wouldn’t bet anything on. Reminds me of that RB for the Pats who scored 4 TDs then slept through his alarm and never played again. The entire Denver game was a fluke.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Dolphins just drafted him in third round. I don't think they're going to relegate him back to 1 touch per game after this.

Wasn't he injured at the end of preseason anyway?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The Dolphins just drafted him in third round. I don't think they're going to relegate him back to 1 touch per game after this.

Wasn't he injured at the end of preseason anyway?

Yes. He was coming off a shoulder injury.

Dude is a burner and a home run threat. He's a better backup RB to roster than a lot of others in the league, fluke game or not.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Also they don't call him Raheem Most Hurt for no reason

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah I agree with both statements. This is almost certainly his best game of the year if not his career. But I don't think he's immediately going back to being inactive or getting 2 touches a game. He isn't Matt Breida only existing as a pure backup. He had a shoulder injury in the preseason plus rookies just come along slowly sometimes. I don't think Miami wants Mostert getting 20 touches a game, the dude is a lock to get injured with that usage. Achane is good, and McDaniel likes him. I think he could be at worst a flex going forward. He's the kind of guy who won't see a ton of volume but at any time can break off an 80 yard TD because he's a burner and McDaniel schemes up great plays for those limited touches.

Basically what Kadarius Toney is supposed to be if he could ever get on the field for more than 2 consecutive weeks, or catch balls

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Docjowles posted:

Yeah I agree with both statements. This is almost certainly his best game of the year if not his career. But I don't think he's immediately going back to being inactive or getting 2 touches a game. He isn't Matt Breida only existing as a pure backup. He had a shoulder injury in the preseason plus rookies just come along slowly sometimes. I don't think Miami wants Mostert getting 20 touches a game, the dude is a lock to get injured with that usage. Achane is good, and McDaniel likes him. I think he could be at worst a flex going forward. He's the kind of guy who won't see a ton of volume but at any time can break off an 80 yard TD because he's a burner and McDaniel schemes up great plays for those limited touches.

Basically what Kadarius Toney is supposed to be if he could ever get on the field for more than 2 consecutive weeks, or catch balls

Kadarious Toney? More like... nefarious phoney!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I dont like this Achane Toney comparison at all.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Docjowles posted:

I think my takeaway from this weekend is to try to move Mostert now if you can. I think Achane will slowly take more and more usage even if Mostert doesn't get hurt.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

MacheteZombie posted:

Want to follow this up by saying, I still feel good about this choice, shame my opponent got 40 points from davante adams and now my big lead is me down by 10.

Hold on to him. I drafted him in 5 of 6 leagues and get a ton of "should I drop McKinnon?" every week.

Dude was RB5 in HPPR weeks 10-18 and RB2 the last 4 weeks. Only CMC was scoring more than McKinnon in the fantasy playoffs.

Will he repeat? Maybe not, but I sure as hell am going to have him on my bench if he does.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Achane is nothing like Jonas Gray. He's not some random undrafted guy. They literally just drafted him in the 3rd round and he's absolutely going to have a role going forward.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Aachane is a potentially talented rookie who plays behind a guy who is constantly hurt in one of the NFL's highest scoring offenses. He's gonna have some value.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

kiimo posted:

Also they don't call him Raheem Most Hurt for no reason

I think you mispoke the truth of Raheem ""Colonel" Must-Start.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Honestly hes like the ideal McDaniels type of player he loves to design plays for.

Can probably line him out wide or even run 2 rb sets to create even more mayhem and confusion for defenses.

This offense is absolutely nuts when u can have Waddle, Mostert, Achane and Hill on the field together.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

Kadarious Toney? More like... nefarious phoney!

this. THIS!

THIS!!!!

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Just need AJ Brown and Puka to combine for less than 19.24 in half ppr... cool.. because I'm still a fuckin idiot who does things like start Joshua Kelley over Jerome Ford because *matchups* and *rankings*... the hell with all that now I say!

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Varg posted:

I'm still a fuckin idiot who does things like start Joshua Kelley over Jerome Ford because *matchups* and *rankings*

High five fellow idiot

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

I have no clue what to make of my auction team. I think it might suck!!! Who knows?!?!?

14 teams, 0 PPR, otherwise standard scoring aside from some weird defense rules

QB: Josh Allen ($45)
RB: Aaron Jones ($39)
RB: Kenneth Walker ($32)
WR: Davante Adams ($39)
WR: Terry McLaurin ($9)
TE: Dallas Goedert ($8)
FLEX: Jordan Addison ($10)
DST: Colts ($1)
K: Dicker ($1)

BEN: Rashaad Penny ($4)
BEN: Gabe Davis ($6)
BEN: Jerome Ford ($3)
BEN: Darnell Mooney ($2)
BEN: Devin Singletary ($1)

turns out this team loving rules even with Aaron Jones dying for two weeks.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Burrow gonna give it a go. Should I go with him or Baker? Need a big night out of my QB and Chase :ohdear:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Burrow gonna give it a go. Should I go with him or Baker? Need a big night out of my QB and Chase :ohdear:

If you need a big night and have Chase then I think you take your chances with Burrow.

Baker is not a big night kind of a guy and Chase probably doesn't do enough for you if Burrow is out.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I forgot the first game started at 7:15 so I'm rolling with Baker babay

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I wish they wouldn’t do this double MNF thing it’s dumb as hell

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I remain extremely mad that I benched Nacua over Reynolds and got 0pts

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

We’re 8min into the game and he already has 1.7pts lol god dammit

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Does anyone dare start Denver's defense next week against Chicago? I know they just gave up 70 points but they're playing the Bears whose offense may be imploding even worse. There's not many other match ups available that really jump out at me. Maybe Cleveland against Baltimore? They seem to have a pretty good defense this year.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Not getting that tutu touchdown just killed my chances basically. HE DIDN'T STEP OUT. I am now a Tutu truther

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I remain extremely mad that I benched Nacua over Reynolds and got 0pts

He had 25 receptions and 266 yards in his first two games, and you benched him for Josh Reynolds? What?