Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

astral
Apr 26, 2004

doctorofcredit.com posted:

Costco sent out notice to members that after November 15, 2023, the online Costco.com will no longer accept Discover cards

Discover often had 5% cash back on purchases from wholesale clubs, so that's a bit of a bummer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
everything seems to have gone downhill since Amex stopped being the credit card provider.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

If I have a complaint about Costco, it's that they put their season-related items 4 months before the season.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

FogHelmut posted:

If I have a complaint about Costco, it's that they put their season-related items 4 months before the season.

And more specifically, it's all sold out before the season even starts

Planning ahead is not my strong suit. By the time I decide what backyard poo poo I need for the season, it's gone

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

My Costco shares a parking lot with a strip mall, and I saw someone walking around spirit Halloween eating a pepperoni slice. 🫡

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

david_a posted:

I like them. I usually eat two though. Still healthier than an entire normal frozen pizza. Usually I’m craving another one when I’m done.

If you eat some accompanying vegetables I think you’ll be good

StormDrain posted:

They're a good snack. I will have them as part of a lunch. I air fry them.

Thank you kindly. I'll give 'em a go next time I head over.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Renegret posted:

And more specifically, it's all sold out before the season even starts

Planning ahead is not my strong suit. By the time I decide what backyard poo poo I need for the season, it's gone

It's still 90 degrees in socal, I won't need flannel until February.

Also it's hard to gauge in July how much my kid is going to outgrow his Halloween costume by October.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Went to church this weekend and they were out of kitty litter. No biggie, I thought, I'll just pick some up from another store on the way home.

EVERYONE is out of kitty litter, especially whatever brand Costco carries. :iiam:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

The Hambulance posted:

Went to church this weekend and they were out of kitty litter. No biggie, I thought, I'll just pick some up from another store on the way home.

EVERYONE is out of kitty litter, especially whatever brand Costco carries. :iiam:

you can blame CYRBERCRIMINALS for that one

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

The Hambulance posted:

Yeah, just this weekend someone said there is a kitty litter shortage

edit:

Dick Fontaine posted:

i thought you were joking
https://www.washingtonpost.com/home/2023/09/19/cat-litter-shortage-2023-clorox/

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Actually Tucker told me it was because schools are back in session

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

:golfclap:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
This once again shows why bunnies are the superior pets. For my bunnies litter box I use puppy pee pads I get at the church. I just wish my church also did Timothy hay

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

I went to my store the weekend before last and they had tins of christmas/holiday cookies out. It was mid-September.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I wish the war on christmas were real so we wouldn't have to live this nightmare

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Dick Fontaine posted:

Consequences will never be the same! :ohdear:

Tiny Timbs posted:

Actually Tucker told me it was because schools are back in session

:boom:

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

I used to be against Costco putting seasonal poo poo out super early - but we were told the snow shovels are hot ticket items come winter time here so when we spotted them hot and ready out in the aisles this past week we gobbled them up. now I don't have to worry about shovels at all.

thanks costco.

Side question - our Winnix air purifier died 3 months out of warranty how much of a psycho do I have to be to return it? I'll immediately turn around and buy the Danby hepa same day from costco

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Slotducks posted:

Side question - our Winnix air purifier died 3 months out of warranty how much of a psycho do I have to be to return it? I'll immediately turn around and buy the Danby hepa same day from costco

that's exactly what I would do, honestly

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.

Slotducks posted:

Believe it or not, it's a good thing to do this. This is how poo poo manufacturers get shitcanned

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

PBUC brothers.

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

Phraggah posted:

Believe it or not, it's a good thing to do this. This is how poo poo manufacturers get shitcanned

I have 2 winnix purifiers that have been running for pretty much 2 years straight besides the minutes or so when their filters are getting changed. they seem fine :shrug:

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

hark posted:

I have 2 winnix purifiers that have been running for pretty much 2 years straight besides the minutes or so when their filters are getting changed. they seem fine :shrug:

in 3 months the motor will crap out and you'll be told to get hosed.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

hark posted:

:same:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Also same. I’ve had two for two years and they’ve been great. Absolutely no shame in returning a broken one to Costco though.

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

Tiny Timbs posted:

Also same. I’ve had two for two years and they’ve been great. Absolutely no shame in returning a broken one to Costco though.

if they both crap out in another 2 years I will return them for sure. and I didn't even buy mine from there!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

FogHelmut posted:

Well for what it's worth, that's what their business customers want & need. So it makes sense.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Wow Costco bagels are awful. Where do they even get off calling these things bagels?? It'd probably help if they finishing baking them, for one.

wtf am I going to do with all this cream cheese now

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Has anyone picked up a gold bar? Would like to hear a review from someone who's tried one.

https://www.costco.com/1-oz-gold-bar-pamp-suisse-lady-fortuna-veriscan-new-in-assay.product.4000186760.html

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Has anyone picked up a gold bar? Would like to hear a review from someone who's tried one.

https://www.costco.com/1-oz-gold-bar-pamp-suisse-lady-fortuna-veriscan-new-in-assay.product.4000186760.html

Item is Non-Refundable

:woah:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Fitzy Fitz posted:

All they can really do is lose money. You're paying a cut to Costco and another cut if you ever want to cash it in for the spot price, and basically another cut if you're not scrapping it directly to a New York refinery. To paraphrase Buffett, gold just sits there and does nothing, it doesn't actively generate value like the businesses behind stocks. It's just speculation, and on average will never beat diversified investments.

I know of one person who made money with gold bars by drilling out parts of the insides, filling them with lead, and selling them to "we buy gold" places who didn't have rigorous enough tests to catch it.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Total ripoff, the chocolate content is REALLY low. Nearly inedible

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Ask the Senator from New Jersey

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Zero VGS posted:

All they can really do is lose money. You're paying a cut to Costco and another cut if you ever want to cash it in for the spot price, and basically another cut if you're not scrapping it directly to a New York refinery. To paraphrase Buffett, gold just sits there and does nothing, it doesn't actively generate value like the businesses behind stocks. It's just speculation, and on average will never beat diversified investments.

I know of one person who made money with gold bars by drilling out parts of the insides, filling them with lead, and selling them to "we buy gold" places who didn't have rigorous enough tests to catch it.

Uhhh what about if society collapses and fiat money is rendered worthless?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The best thing you can have in the post apocalyptic hell scape is not a gold bar it’s a supple and durable anus.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

It’s nice to be ahead of the game for once :)

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

bird with big dick posted:

The best thing you can have in the post apocalyptic hell scape is not a gold bar it’s a supple and durable anus.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The best thing you can have in the post apocalyptic hell scape is not a gold bar it’s a double pack of 500 Kirkland brand ibuprofen

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Lumbermouth posted:

The best thing you can have in the post apocalyptic hell scape is not a gold bar it’s a double pack of 500 Kirkland brand ibuprofen

read this while popping a pair of Kirkland brand ibuprofen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

In the post apocalypse i will live in a Costco

Solid brick

Sky light windows

Only 2 entrances

They are modern day castles.