Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Yawgmoft posted:

I was surprised the ending wasn't as conclusive as I expected, then I found out there are like three times more volumes that haven't been adapted.

I wouldn't mind seeing more SAFT, but I feel like it needs a time skip.

I don't know, I think they covered all the major variations in the anime: Ann gets kidnapped, Shall gets kidnapped, Ann and Shall get kidnapped together, etc. It was okay but Shall needs to work on more stabbing some problems and less giving his wing over and waiting for Ann to craft the right candy to get him out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Tabletops posted:

i can agree with that, though some of the teacher bits are also extremely good. just unfortunately punctuated by that poo poo

I'm willing to tolerate the character exclusively because of the conversation between Rengoku, Miyamura and the teacher about the mandatory swimming class

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I noticed Undead Unluck was conspicuously absent from Crunchyroll's simulcast announcements and apparently it's exclusive to Hulu? Lmao

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Arist posted:

I noticed Undead Unluck was conspicuously absent from Crunchyroll's simulcast announcements and apparently it's exclusive to Hulu? Lmao
if it's on Hulu i assume it's on Disney+ everywhere else in the world. iger thinks americans can't handle anime on Disney+ so they have to put it on Hulu instead, which they did for Summer Time Rendering

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

tbf Summer Time Rendering is a weird fit for Disney+

Which of course just makes it that much odder that they picked it up, obviously

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

also i think anything 20th Century Fox was working on pre-merger just all got thrown onto hulu, which is why the Bob's Burgers movie is there, but also actual movies that should've been in theaters like Prey, and No One Will Save You which just came out... the latter two Disney just made "Hulu Originals"

Hulu is just where Disney stuff goes when it's too adult (or even remotely queer)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

For now. There's a long term project to scrap Hulu over the next year or so. After that happens there'll be an adults section of Disney +.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
catching up on maou-sama, halfway thru.
actually enjoying it a bit, has some good chiho and emi moments that i felt the last season lacked. and its kind of neat seeing the build up of how OP Chiho might be

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

GateOfD posted:

catching up on maou-sama, halfway thru.
actually enjoying it a bit, has some good chiho and emi moments that i felt the last season lacked. and its kind of neat seeing the build up of how OP Chiho might be

Prepare to be disappointed.

After this arc, they'd be better off doing an OVA or mixing it up with the subsequent part because the arc after the end of S2 is Maou's backstory on how he conquered the Demon Realm and it feel fairly boring just being stuck there and not mixing it with something else.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Oh poo poo Kengan Ashura S2 is out. I totally forgot it was coming. Time to watch some of the dumbest but also most entertaining fighting.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
MT2.1 was a weirdly chill affair considering it's all about Rudy trying to fix his broken boner and not realizing it's because he has massive issues with actual emotional/interpersonal intimacy.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

oh poo poo i didn't realize Daigo was being made by Brain's Base. might have to actually check it out

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

dunno what you associate brains base with but they havent been a top tier studio for like a decade.. that one does look slick in the pv though so maybe

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Tales of Woe posted:

dunno what you associate brains base with but they havent been a top tier studio for like a decade.. that one does look slick in the pv though so maybe

DRRR and Baccano

e: so roughly when they were a top tier studio yes

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
they did a good job with 'To Your Eternity'

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ado_staff/status/1706141520825614606?s=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Dy3GERCqQ

The OP for Spy x Family season 2 is going to be performed by Ado, with music from Yoko Kanno and Seatbelts

ED by Vaundy

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Sep 25, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
New seat belts album when. You don't just get them back together to do an OP, you need some full on jam session recordings.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/ado_staff/status/1706141520825614606?s=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Dy3GERCqQ

The OP for Spy x Family season 2 is going to be performed by Ado, with music from Yoko Kanno and Seatbelts

ED by Vaundy
lmao gently caress yes they recreated the cat rescue scene shot for shot from the manga

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

New seat belts album when. You don't just get them back together to do an OP, you need some full on jam session recordings.

https://open.spotify.com/album/539jKDvQomLMWGBEkjyTWX

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Literally the only good thing to come out of that show.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Indiana_Krom posted:

I don't know, I think they covered all the major variations in the anime: Ann gets kidnapped, Shall gets kidnapped, Ann and Shall get kidnapped together, etc. It was okay but Shall needs to work on more stabbing some problems and less giving his wing over and waiting for Ann to craft the right candy to get him out of it.

Hard agree. That's why I think a time skip could shake things up. It's odd how common they are in Shonen but not so much in Shojo.

I feel like the last time skip I saw in a shojo adjacent show was Aquatope.

Skip five years forward, Ann has decided to found her own workshop, maybe her students have to make the right sugar confection using what they have learned from Ann when she gets kidnapped by the diamond fairy instead of Ann doing it directly... that's different, right?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/aninewsandfacts/status/1706329111939973502

dayum

marumaru
May 20, 2013

drat it

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Thank goodness they completed their OP

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Is...everyone alright?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

bruh

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That first episode wasn't animated it was just shot guerrilla style around the office for extra verisimilitude.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

That is a legendary collapse. Best wishes to anyone working on it. :(

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I think they just lost the air slot to a new anime, I don't think the studio literally ground to a halt.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

wait did detective head just end like that

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

marumaru posted:

wait did detective head just end like that

it has 13 episodes, last ep is in a few days

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

A pity, because I really liked the last two episodes. The show found it's grove once the full gang got finally together and could freely bounce against each other.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want anime to look worse and be put out less frequently and I'm not kidding

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I want the industry to adapt more josei romcoms because I'm allergic to watching (comparatively) cheap-looking j-drama adaptations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

i want anime to look good but be made by people given reasonable working conditions and pay myself

in fact i believe in some regards having animators who are comfortable in their work and living situations will lead to higher quality work

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ninjewtsu posted:

i want anime to look good but be made by people given reasonable working conditions and pay myself

in fact i believe in some regards having animators who are comfortable in their work and living situations will lead to higher quality work

:hmmyes:

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Strange Quark posted:

If you continue to watch seasonals but fewer of them, you can create this reality.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

haypliss posted:

If you continue to watch seasonals but fewer of them, you can create this reality.

No, sorry, Kadokawa needs to pump out 50 isekai adaptations a year or else they'll die

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

this will happen but only because of ever more productions and production breakdowns resulting in blobby 12 ep shows that take multiple years to finally complete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Zom (delayed for) 100 (days)