Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Putins a pencil pusher bureaucrat.

That's why he has all that poo poo to project masculinity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

zoux posted:

It's weird that instead of building eternal emnity, Japan and Germany are two of the US closest foreign partners and now we have normalized relations with communist Vietnam. I mean, it's better than a 500 year blood feud but it's certainly a change from the previous 8000 years of recorded human history.

You have these guys to thank for that:

Not because of anything positive they did, lord no, but because the peace terms they inflicted on Germany and Austria-Hungary so clearly laid the ground work for the rise of the Nazi party and World War II that most of the Allied diplomats in World War II believed a completely different approach was needed.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

zoux posted:

It's weird that instead of building eternal emnity, Japan and Germany are two of the US closest foreign partners and now we have normalized relations with communist Vietnam. I mean, it's better than a 500 year blood feud but it's certainly a change from the previous 8000 years of recorded human history.
Lol France and the UK were eternal enemies that fought some of Europe's gnarliest wars over a thousand years but the second that Brits got paranoid about Germans messing around with their special boat time it was hello Mr. Frenchman my new best friend! And if didn't matter one bit that the Germans had saved their asses at Waterloo, or even that their monarchs were incredibly closely related.

International relations are about money and paranoia. Shared history only matters when it directly impacts those two things.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Lol France and the UK were eternal enemies that fought some of Europe's gnarliest wars over a thousand years but the second that Brits got paranoid about Germans messing around with their special boat time it was hello Mr. Frenchman my new best friend! And if didn't matter one bit that the Germans had saved their asses at Waterloo, or even that their monarchs were incredibly closely related.

International relations are about money and paranoia. Shared history only matters when it directly impacts those two things.

The stuff with World War I is more a testament to how much of an idiot Wilhelm II was.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah everyone wants to go back in time and kill Hitler, nobody wants to go back in time and persuade Friedrich III to quit smoking.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
tfw when you were on the wrong side of the Sino-Soviet split

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Guavanaut posted:

Yeah everyone wants to go back in time and kill Hitler, nobody wants to go back in time and persuade Friedrich III to quit smoking.

Or to at least ignore his wife's doctor and get the surgery.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/krangtnelson/status/1706795679429918867?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Very smart Eric! Good brain! (genes)

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!

Nonsense posted:

No doubt they are paying taxes based on that billion dollar estimate of theirs.

lol at the idea that Trump bothers to pay taxes.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Lemony posted:

No doubt they are paying taxes based on that billion dollar estimate of theirs.

lol at the idea that Trump bothers to pay taxes.

He's specifically accused of pumping up values to get loans and then underselling them when it's time to file taxes

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Nonsense posted:

Eric, are you not paying attention? The charge is that you have two books, one where you tell people Mar-a-lago is worth a billion dollars and the other where you tell the tax people it’s worth 18 million.

This is exactly what you lost the judgement over.

I love that even in death Trumps are so worried about their image that they can’t help but reinforce and repeat the behavior that’s killing them.

Edit: Papa Trump is going to have an aneurysm:

quote:

1) I AM WORTH MUCH MORE THAN THE NUMBERS SHOWN ON MY FINANCIAL STATEMENTS. 2) | DIDN'T EVEN INCLUDE MY MOST VALUABLE ASSET, MY BRAND.

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/111133661793804558

Murgos fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Sep 27, 2023

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Nonsense posted:

A reminder that Eric Trump has never had a job in his entire life that wasn't gifted to him by his convicted sex offender of a father. And that job is "businessman" As in even Eric himself cannot explain it further than that.

Yet the motherfucker is richer than you and richer than me.

Hooray for capitalism!

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Guavanaut posted:

I would go back in time and stop Frederick the Great’s dad from beheading his boyfriend. Frederick would have been too busy suckin and fuckin to turn Prussia into a great power, setting the stage for a united Germany.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I would just use my four-dimensional transport system like Slipstick Libby envisioned and transport a nascent Earth away from the Goldilocks zone, eradicating warfare and strife for all eternity

Well okay, but the aliens can have their warfare and strife, it's none of my beeswax

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Just go back and slap the tool out of the ape's hand and let the octopuses have a try

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Mauser posted:

Just go back and slap the tool out of the ape's hand and let the octopuses have a try

Screw that, I’m going to deflect that asteroid so we can all be dinosaurs

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/kunley_drukpa/status/1706448989493583881

Comments under this one are insane

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

At least they respect twerking

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Very racist Belgian stereotypes :argh:

Although they do kind of deserve it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The profligate Belgian.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
I read a long Harpers article years ago (probably a decade ago now) profiling several Chinese men who had settled in Sub-Saharan Africa to set up Chinese-oriented businesses, a few of whom had started relationships with African women. Their perspectives were equal parts fascinating and horrifying. I distinctly remember one man musing about the genetic characteristics his mixed race children would inherit as if they were farm animals.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

MeinPanzer posted:

I read a long Harpers article years ago (probably a decade ago now) profiling several Chinese men who had settled in Sub-Saharan Africa to set up Chinese-oriented businesses, a few of whom had started relationships with African women. Their perspectives were equal parts fascinating and horrifying. I distinctly remember one man musing about the genetic characteristics his mixed race children would inherit as if they were farm animals.

Glad to see Chinese men and white men really do have so much in common.

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fWyzwo1xg0

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

trying to capture the magic of herman cain's inexplicable smile and failing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbdXSrM0m9w

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

I saw that whole thing a few years ago. The poor translator, Eddy, put up with a LOT of that guy's racist bullshit, but he does get back at him later when it turns out their chinese made measuring tapes are all different measurements.

I hope he's doing better today, it's a decade old docu by now.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Freakazoid_ posted:

I saw that whole thing a few years ago. The poor translator, Eddy, put up with a LOT of that guy's racist bullshit, but he does get back at him later when it turns out their chinese made measuring tapes are all different measurements.

I bought a Chinese metal ruler and it doesn't start at 0. I was more impressed than angered by the sheer gall of it.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

Freakazoid_ posted:

I hope he's doing better today, it's a decade old docu by now.

What's it called? I'd be interested in watching it.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I bought a Chinese metal ruler and it doesn't start at 0. I was more impressed than angered by the sheer gall of it.

That just means you don't have to start measuring at zero saving you time and giving you a head start on all those slow pokes ruling with their rulers starting at 0 like chumps!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

dr_rat posted:

That just means you don't have to start measuring at zero saving you time and giving you a head start on all those slow pokes ruling with their rulers starting at 0 like chumps!

Speedrunning centimetres.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

MeinPanzer posted:

What's it called? I'd be interested in watching it.

Empire of Dust

https://youtu.be/kOkrYW3vF0o?si=V-HNERcyzT92HUtK

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

dr_rat posted:

It'd be great for guys who have no problem lying to themselves

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

3D Megadoodoo posted:

That's just a Fortran ruler.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

trucutru posted:

That's just a Fortran ruler.

Fortran starts at ~2mm?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Matlab Ruler :barf:

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004

Great, thanks!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1707485351592304989

Fascists!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

What about the northern long-eared bat? How did it fare?