Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
It's also just a silly take, since Mac banged Carmen in like, the earliest seasons. Maybe even the 1st. For fans to be like "ughhhh, i can't watch this anymore, Mac is gay!" is a poor take and pretty much an excuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Mac loving Carmen was heterosexual sex.

But, to your point, those same people wouldn't consider it to be so.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I can't see I've seen any chuds complain about Sunny "going woke".

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Did somebody finally make a show that they actually understood was mocking them?

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Yeah, I can't see I've seen any chuds complain about Sunny "going woke".

I've seen it

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

ShowTime posted:

I guess we'll see what they do next season, if they do another season. I hope they do.

They're already signed on for 2 more, so that at least.

wiki posted:

In December 2020, the series was renewed for a total of four additional seasons, bringing it to 18 seasons.

e:

Randomly found this:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 25, 2023

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Turdfuzz posted:

i have no idea how ppl hate on this show's more recent seasons
i still think it's good after all these years or at least good enough to justify its existence
maybe i'm weird in that i don't really care if it's funny tho as much as i care that it's interesting
i've also been watching since basically the beginning tho so maybe it's just nostalgia
i just like these hosed up characters and want to see them in weird situations

There's always at least 2 or 3 classic episodes every new season, why would you want them to stop making them?

And the metaness of them aging in front of ourselves is pretty funny too

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

FireWorksWell posted:

If it weren't for the Ireland arc I would have said last season was pretty bad aside from Lerhal Weapon 7 but there' only a couple episodes I'd skip on a rewatch

That's what I'm talking about. This season, bowling episode is one of their best overall episodes imo

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Shageletic posted:

There's always at least 2 or 3 classic episodes every new season, why would you want them to stop making them?

And the metaness of them aging in front of ourselves is pretty funny too

I'm fine with the new seasons as long as they're at least okay on average, but 'always leave them wanting more' was said for a reason

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I appreciate a show going out on top, but we're a good decade past that so just keep running up the scoreboard imo

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i need more Jimmy in always sunny so bad
he's in one called Killing It starring Craig Robinson

https://i.imgur.com/yZWWoeu.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/5FSS8Zi.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/64LNWRK.gifv

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
:nice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbPL50v77a8

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
God! Episode 4 of Wrexham season 2 is impressive. Rob and Ryan are kind of bad at all of this. Also, that boot was right.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Seems pretty unlikely and also maybe not that big of a deal to find out Wrexham won the season and got promoted. I mean people still watch Netflix's F1 documentary.

Lol I tried to spoil both seasons on their first episodes and got to some sports results pages, took a glance, didn't understand what I was looking at, and dipped. I'm glad you spelled it out.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
This shows keeps being funny every season, I want them to keep making it. I hope they have good molds of DeVito since the profane performance arts have already shattered the veil of the right to stop working after death. I say mold instead of body scan because I think for them to properly do multiple Weekend at Bernie seasons with Frank in the 2040s they'll need the heft and weight of the puppet to make it not look too fakey and blow the CGI budget.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Well we know they already have one of Glenn

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

i need more Jimmy in always sunny so bad
he's in one called Killing It starring Craig Robinson

Is this the same Jimmy as in the one from The Mick? Because he was amazing there too

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Scott MacArthur is also in Righteous Gemstones in a similar batshit manner.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He's also a real bad dude in the Breaking Bad movie, didn't recognize him without the beard.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Takes No Damage posted:

He's also a real bad dude in the Breaking Bad movie, didn't recognize him without the beard.

hah when i was watching that, for the longest time i was like what the hell i know this guy? that voice? took a while before it clocked but tbf hes less goofy there lol

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Same goes for Paul Walter Hauser. Started as a fat juggalo in IASIP and turned into a legitimate, talented actor.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

ShowTime posted:

Same goes for Paul Walter Hauser. Started as a fat juggalo in IASIP and turned into a legitimate, talented actor.

I remember that kid being great in the outtakes

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Yo, man, you ever had sex before...?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Looooool

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
My favourite one-off character in the series is Shadynasty. She's one of very few that are both normal AND interact with a main character as if what that character is doing is also normal. You usually have one or the other.

Also, it was a fine decision to bring in someone else as Frank's brother. Playing their own sibling convincingly is a tough nut to crack for an actor. Honestly, I don't know if young DeVito had the chops for it.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 2, 2023

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sha-Dynasty / Shady-Nasty is a :discourse: gag.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"Mac Day" aired October 2nd, 2013.

Which means today is the ten-year anniversary of the day we met, and lost, our dear Country Mac.

Rest in peace, Country Mac. You probably should have worn a helmet.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I choose drugs.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

loud and proud brother

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I choose drugs.

Druuugs?!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
“Homo ways” is such a good line especially coming from Mac.

Also “suicide is badaass!”.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Maybe I just hate Mac?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

RC Cola posted:

Maybe I just hate Mac?

Yes.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I saw that there was a new season recently. How was it? Better than the last one? (which, IMO was the worst one)

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

It was a very good season all around.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Nice. Time to resub to Hulu. I can finish Shadows while I have the sub active.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Waltzing Along posted:

I saw that there was a new season recently. How was it? Better than the last one? (which, IMO was the worst one)

Very good season. Back to form, they definitely learned some stuff rewatching their show for the podcast

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Started rewatching the newest season since it's on netflix now here in the UK and lmao the first episode is even better than I remember. So many great gags in it.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I finally watched the latest season. I thought it was okay, obviously still very funny, but I'm not sure if I'll be watching any of them again in a hurry. My favourites were probably celebrity booze, Wall E Weasel's and bowling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Just watched s16e1. Great episode. A return to form. Definitely better than anything from s15 and I vaguely remember s14 being pretty messy, too.

Sunny has been high quality laughs for a long time. Very impressive to make something that good after that many years.

Fat Mac was the best, but this Mac was pretty good, too.