Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
[DE internal narrator about to deliver another insane unforgettable line] i will NEVER allowe a voice actor to finish a sentence. I will mash A with the sound off and read the wiki later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I want that guy to narrate audiobooks, and leave me voicemails where he reads me paragraphs of wikipedia articles

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Hell yeah dude

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Tarnop posted:

Very minor spoiler:
There's a skill check to find your way into a building that's basically the point of no return for the ending of the game. It's a Shivers check but you get positive modifiers for each sidequest you've done so you can pass it easily even with zero Shivers if you've engaged with the game at all

And to add: for each of the (few) mandatory skill checks, if you fail them twice, the game will offer you an alternate solution. For that check, if you fail it, do any one thing that would unlock a second roll, and fail that one, you will unlock a sidequest specifically to replace that roll with an easier one using a different stat.

which means he came to that point and just save scummed until he rolled a critical success, because if he had done literally anything to engage with the game or its mechanics, he would not have made that particular remark

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i think that got added as part of the major update following DE's runaway success. the boring player played the game at a point where there were a) no achievements and b) the mandatory check "just" had you get dozens of chances to reroll but could technically lock you out permanently from progressing if you rolled snake eyes ten times in a row

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
those posts are from half a year after The Final Cut was released though

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol awesome

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this game is gay theres no combat and all you do is talk whats so good about it *mashes buttons to skip dialog picks random choices* all these words mean nothing

This is how i played starfield lol something about it makes me aggressively not care what these plastic people have to say

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 37 hours!
I do not intend to buy or play Starfield.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

sebmojo posted:

This is how i played starfield lol something about it makes me aggressively not care what these plastic people have to say

lol that you cannot report an admins posts.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

NoiseAnnoys posted:

Just hit f to skip past it

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no-one will ever pay respects to your posts!!!

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

sebmojo posted:

Just hit f to skip past it

i keep trying, but all its doing if fffffffffff

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

sebmojo posted:

literal NPCs, how dare they steal my brain power

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

NoiseAnnoys posted:

someone managed it! i've been overcome with shame and will listen to every character in starfield all the way through as a result pray for me

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

sebmojo posted:

someone managed it! i've been overcome with shame and will listen to every character in starfield all the way through as a result pray for me

gotta be one of your own. you got a rat problem, my friend.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

you loving cdpr shill viral marketers pretending starfield isnt game of the century so people will buy cyberjunk are so transparent you should work part time as professional windows

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
I'm told I make a better door than a window

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the best way to consume media is to read the tvtropes page

Delphisage was a prophet

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

pog boyfriend posted:

you loving cdpr shill viral marketers pretending starfield isnt game of the century so people will buy cyberjunk are so transparent you should work part time as professional windows

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

sebmojo posted:

thats the proper way to play a modern bethseda game

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I respecced out of int and into tech ability so I can Chrome up bigly. The new Relic skill for Mants Blades rules lol.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The Vulnerability one is nice for shooty stuff. Not god-tier but a nice boost

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

pog boyfriend posted:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
i havent played disco elysium since they released the definitive version that apparently makes EVERY line voice acted?? is that true? is it worth playing again for that ???

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
its not really a game changer and i kinda preferred the original's way of handling the voice acting.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

There's some new content but IDK if it's worth playing a second time for. Only ever played at launch.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
if you want an excuse to play it again its good though, op.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i'd wait until you're really keen on a fresh playthrough

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

its not really a game changer and i kinda preferred the original's way of handling the voice acting.

Matt Christman (RIP) as Titus was really good IMO.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

they added some extra stuff. i'm not sure i can bear to play through it again though, it'd feel wrong to do it different

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Ibram Gaunt posted:

They died? Last I heard they were in v bad shape but still living.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think casting everyone vaguely related to Chapo Trap House isnt a great way to handle voice acting, personally

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Ibram Gaunt posted:

He's not dead

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I think he had a stroke and is in the hospital but is still alive. Or so I've heard

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

they added some extra stuff. i'm not sure i can bear to play through it again though, it'd feel wrong to do it different

lol that's the problem i have. i would probably enjoy it but i'd just end up doing everything the same??

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

if you never did shivers and esprit de corps(nobody does this first playthrough) i am begging you to do shivers and esprit de corps its an absolutely incredible experience

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

alas, i did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

great. now you get to play inland empire :cabot: