Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

https://twitter.com/honkaistarrail/status/1706520169684795882?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..

Eimi posted:

The ultimate reason why flat stats are just pure distilled hatred. If they got % buffs they might at least have some purpose. But no....

yea, if at least they got added to your 'true stat' that also gets hit by %buffs, they at least be salvageable.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Someone was having a laugh assigning that girl to her position

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Oh she's abundance because she's a cinnamon bun, I see!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

boredsatellite posted:

Someone was having a laugh assigning that girl to her position

“Afraid of ghosts? Nothing a few ghosts won’t solve!”

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

"Due to having a heliobus named Tail sealed in her tail by the judges of the Ten-Lords Commission, […]"

Masterful writing.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Two VAs means that tail can talk

Will probably constantly harass her through spooks and scares

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Notably the tail is the same race that Phantalyia is believed to be.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

the tale of the talking tail

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The Luofu is really cruel to Foxians.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Eimi posted:

Notably the tail is the same race that Phantalyia is believed to be.

That's just too silly to wrap my head around.

How does a 150 feet tall woman could possibly ever fit in a tiny foxian tail?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Very carefully.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Dammit. I'm tempted by Huo Huo for my fox collection, but I definitely don't need another healer.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Got my first swarm V win. I was sure my first win would come in on something like nihility, but ended up winning on preservation thanks to some luck: the final boss got the weak to fire option, add in the nihility weakness break blessings like enhanced break and energy regen on break as well as the resonance charging via shields to turn the trailblazer’s small but spammable fire shields into a very efficient resonance battery.

Having a lot of fun in this mode still, though I haven’t done the ??? Trails which might sour me due to the effort.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Hypocrisy posted:

The Luofu is really cruel to Foxians.

My understanding is the foxians were conquered by the xianzhou and integrated into their society, and it happened so long ago that their subservient status is treated as a given by everyone aboard including the foxians themselves.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

NeonPunk posted:

That's just too silly to wrap my head around.

How does a 150 feet tall woman could possibly ever fit in a tiny foxian tail?

Because she's not a 150 foot tall woman, she's the little floating fire that we see briefly.

This is her true form. They're energy beings like Pah Wraiths who can take over other lifeforms.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

foxgirl chongyun

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Walla posted:

Dammit. I'm tempted by Huo Huo for my fox collection, but I definitely don't need another healer.

Every time any character is announced, my first thought is, "Walla is tempted"

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

The leaks of her kit make her look like the most awkward healer to use. Her ult is a teamwide battery and provides no healing. Her e is an aoe heal and her talent lets it provide a hot that buffs attack. She's like a combination harmony/healer but she's using sp if she ever wants to heal and it's not a concentrated heal. It's a very different direction from the healers that are currently seen as good. Her strength will have to depend on how powerful that heal and hot are, ie how long can she not spend sp.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

She sounds like she's gonna be mostly an energy battery who can also heal on the side, so less of a solo sustain like you'd expect out of an Abundance but more of a Harmony yeah.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

big cummers ONLY posted:

Every time any character is announced, my first thought is, "Walla is tempted"

Checks out. They're like Pokémon to me. So far, there are only 3 limited characters who I haven't liked the design of.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Walla posted:

Checks out. They're like Pokémon to me. So far, there are only 3 limited characters who I haven't liked the design of.

Curious what three? I've liked all the released characters so far.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

It's natural. The Mega Man gacha had EOS recently and released the full game with gacha poo poo removed for $30. I hope more games do that so we can enjoy collecting 'em all without the restrictions that come with "games as a service"

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

big cummers ONLY posted:

It's natural. The Mega Man gacha had EOS recently and released the full game with gacha poo poo removed for $30. I hope more games do that so we can enjoy collecting 'em all without the restrictions that come with "games as a service"

That's a far better fate than just removing it from the internet gently caress you. Be great if that became a standard.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eimi posted:

Curious what three? I've liked all the released characters so far.

Kafka, Jingliu, and Blade. I just don't like the overly big boobed characters, even though their actual designs are on point. And dark and edgy emo Blade just didn't work for me, even though I love his actual mechanics. I wish I had pulled him instead of Kafka.

Seele doesn't really interest me either, either as a character or for her mechanics.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Eimi posted:

The leaks of her kit make her look like the most awkward healer to use. Her ult is a teamwide battery and provides no healing. Her e is an aoe heal and her talent lets it provide a hot that buffs attack. She's like a combination harmony/healer but she's using sp if she ever wants to heal and it's not a concentrated heal. It's a very different direction from the healers that are currently seen as good. Her strength will have to depend on how powerful that heal and hot are, ie how long can she not spend sp.
Finally someone who wants to use the Abundance battle pass LC, maybe.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Walla posted:

Kafka, Jingliu, and Blade. I just don't like the overly big boobed characters, even though their actual designs are on point. And dark and edgy emo Blade just didn't work for me, even though I love his actual mechanics. I wish I had pulled him instead of Kafka.

Seele doesn't really interest me either, either as a character or for her mechanics.

Fair enough. You just listed my three favorites. (And Luocha) But I am all about edgy chars.

Seele is entirely carried by my affection for HI3 Seele. She kind of doesn't do much here and doesn't even have a good design.

Give me this Seele. Or since SR Seele basically has Veliona's personality, make a Veliona with Seele's personality to annoy Silver Wolf and be her girlfriend.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eimi posted:

Fair enough. You just listed my three favorites. (And Luocha) But I am all about edgy chars.

Seele is entirely carried by my affection for HI3 Seele. She kind of doesn't do much here and doesn't even have a good design.

Give me this Seele. Or since SR Seele basically has Veliona's personality, make a Veliona with Seele's personality to annoy Silver Wolf and be her girlfriend.

I like the more cute characters the most. Lynx, Gepard, Sushang, Quinque, and Welt are probably my absolute favorites.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I love Blade but Dragon Dan is so cracked I feel like he's been demoted to 'second team' duty in MOC and that's it.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Walla posted:

I like the more cute characters the most. Lynx, Gepard, Sushang, Quinque, and Welt are probably my absolute favorites.

Ah yeah there's totally an axis with cute and cool and then wholesome and edgy and I am definitely on the cool and edgy side of things.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I wish I had Dragon Dan, but losing the 50/50 got me Bronya so I can't be mad.

I finally have the characters I want traced, so now I can grind relics.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

UHD posted:

My understanding is the foxians were conquered by the xianzhou and integrated into their society, and it happened so long ago that their subservient status is treated as a given by everyone aboard including the foxians themselves.

I was under the impression that they were basically viewed as kinda disposable because they "only" live a couple hundred years.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will not be taking questions at this time.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Walla posted:

I also don't need another healer.

But she's adorable so I'm gonna pull for her, good thing I'm not interested in Topaz/Jinglu

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

another easy skip, another victory for screwllum save crew :cheers:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Eimi posted:

Actually that makes me a lot more interested in her. I've already got plenty of strong healers, but if she's harmony-ish but unable to solo sustain I could use her with fireblazer or something.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I wish I had a tail

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eimi posted:

I agree with this list.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Eimi posted:

Sampo is way too far down the edgy axis imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I love Blade but Dragon Dan is so cracked I feel like he's been demoted to 'second team' duty in MOC and that's it.

Just use them together on the same team like all the #1 teams on moc are doing rn lol