Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Harik posted:

remember when we classified a critical bomb technology so hard that we completely forgot how to make the magic kaboom foam and had to re-create that part of the manhattan project to figure it out all over again?

good times.

?

I prefer scrubbing bubbles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Milo and POTUS posted:

?

I prefer scrubbing bubbles

poo poo's like magic. IT CHANGES COLOR, WTF.

I think the funniest part about the bomb foam was that we remembered the formula to make it so we spent umpteen bajillion on raytheon or whoever and told them to whip us up a batch because we needed to top up the foam tanks on our death phalluses

so they did and we tested and there was no earthshattering kaboom

we'd hosed it up originally back in the 60s and it wasn't pure, and modern synthesis advanced enough that they made pure foam that wouldn't blow up. so we had to do a crash course in how to gently caress it up just enough that it goes boom but not so much that it wraps back around to not going boom.

as i've gotten older and seen more and more of this poo poo i become more receptive to sci-fi premises of a lost age of technological marvels that we can't comprehend. Atlas-5 rockets? Lol way beyond our capabilities. we can't even make new candybar configurations anymore, all we can do is swap out flavors on the machines our ancestors made and when they wear out so goes an entire genus of treat.

E: instantpots are now a relic of a bygone, better age. You can only get cheap imported claymore mines now for when you really hate your family but love cooking.

Harik has issued a correction as of 06:01 on Sep 23, 2023

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Those are broadleaves.

loving Philistine.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Platystemon posted:

Those are broadleaves.

loving Philistine.

There is one grass right above the ring finger.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

This ends with a global south worker running a smartphone wall aimed at dozens of plaster cast hands touching green sheets of paper, making $2 an hour from American office workers who need to do the post-ironic touch grass ritual periodically to keep their wellness scores up and qualify for benefits

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

it’s a lot easier to make predictions if you don’t have to anchor them on a “when”

see also: Canadian real estate thread

Canadian real estate is the easiest poo poo in the world to predict: number of available houses goes up, cost to buy goes up, rent goes up, number of homeless goes up.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Puppy Burner posted:

Canadian real estate is the easiest poo poo in the world to predict: number of available houses goes up, cost to buy goes up, rent goes up, number of homeless goes up.

There is always more and it is always worse?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Harik posted:

we can't even make new candybar configurations anymore, all we can do is swap out flavors on the machines our ancestors made and when they wear out so goes an entire genus of treat.
RETVRN

(picture of coke freestyle machine where, inexplicably, everything is actually not out of stock)

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Ham Equity posted:

And no, it doesn't assume other militaries aren't enormous grifts, too. It just assumes that the grift-by-weight in the US is much higher.

Canadian procurement would like to make a good showing.

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

Tulip posted:

There is always more and it is always worse?

Unless you're a real estate ghoul, in which case things were pretty good except for Ford making his first good decision.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

dr_rat posted:

Also if your vague on exactly what your predicting at well. Like, 'At some point in time in the future AI will make things get get bad!'. I mean, yeah no poo poo, but what are you even predicting at that point.

Economists and fortune tellers make careers out of this.

reminds me of a fortune cookie I once had that just said “you will have an opportunity”

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

christmas boots posted:

reminds me of a fortune cookie I once had that just said “you will have an opportunity”

and did you?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

ekuNNN posted:

and did you?

:smith:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Tulip posted:

Nichael posted:

Have you noticed that the 2006 Mike Judge film, Idiocracy, feels more and more like a documentary lately?

- every fascist, ever

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1706235946239172725?s=20

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
It's less "people are getting dumber", because people in general have always been pretty dumb, and much, much more "the really stupid people are getting richer and louder".

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

pseudosavior posted:

It's less "people are getting dumber", because people in general have always been pretty dumb, and much, much more "the really stupid people are getting richer and louder".

maybe stop posting then

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

stumblebum posted:

maybe stop posting then

wait, posting is making you guys richer?

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Cup Runneth Over posted:

yes you’re not getting paid??

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

pseudosavior posted:

unironically our only hope is in the fact that the plotting wealthy elite who run things have been all replaced by idiots who genuinely believe the propaganda their predecessors made for public consumption, making them unable to comprehend sustainable ways to maintain power

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

Cup Runneth Over posted:

in spirit, yes

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Centrist Committee posted:

yes you’re not getting paid??

all the haters were correct. the CCP, the FSB, and the IRGC pay me for each post. 50 cents doesnt sound like much but when you triple dip like that and hustle to post logorrheically, it starts to add up

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Meta is using the vagina bible without permission
https://twitter.com/DrJenGunter/status/1706418651149312329

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!

eSports Chaebol posted:

unironically our only hope is in the fact that the plotting wealthy elite who run things have been all replaced by idiots who genuinely believe the propaganda their predecessors made for public consumption, making them unable to comprehend sustainable ways to maintain power

Yeah, it's a legitimately Good Thing that people like Musk don't have the kind of sinister clockwork mind like John Foster Dulles or Kissinger did.
I can't even imagine how much more dangerous Elon would be if he could rub more than two neurons together at the same time.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

pseudosavior posted:

Yeah, it's a legitimately Good Thing that people like Musk don't have the kind of sinister clockwork mind like John Foster Dulles or Kissinger did.
I can't even imagine how much more dangerous Elon would be if he could rub more than two neurons together at the same time.

even the Koch Brothers accomplished I would argue largely what the Bene Gesserit's Missionaria Protectiva did: empowering the ideologues whose fabricated ideology when fully realized stands at odds with your own original goals

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

eSports Chaebol posted:

even the Koch Brothers accomplished I would argue largely what the Bene Gesserit's Missionaria Protectiva did: empowering the ideologues whose fabricated ideology when fully realized stands at odds with your own original goals

This is the nerdiest thing I have ever read.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

eSports Chaebol posted:

been hearing this a lot lately.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

the "-every fascist ever" post was so loving funny, and I'm glad someone quoted it to remind me.

not trying to mock you, Tulip, it was just so drat funny

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

eSports Chaebol posted:

That sounds cool so it must be cyberpunk

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Nichael posted:

the "-every fascist ever" post was so loving funny, and I'm glad someone quoted it to remind me.

not trying to mock you, Tulip, it was just so drat funny

:coal:

Grey Fox posted:

Not sure what the vagina bible is but it sounds like something that you would get in more legal trouble than average for mass distribution of.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tulip posted:

Not sure what the vagina bible is but it sounds like something that you would get in more legal trouble than average for mass distribution of.

it’s a women’s health book

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Subjunctive posted:

Binders full of women

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Bibles full of women

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Women full of Bibles

Wait

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

ekuNNN posted:

and did you?

Life ain't over yet

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I believe in you :glomp:

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

That sounds cool so it must be cyberpunk

growing up the Koch brothers had a German nanny who would give them enemas if they didn’t poo poo on schedule.

they are not cyberpunk.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
And people say the germans aren't a funny people

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Grey Fox posted:

Sacrilege

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

yeah jen gunter is an actual gynecologist and one of the good people who spends a lot of time writing up stuff like "NO MATTER HOW MUCH GOOP TELLS YOU TO DO NOT STICK HOT STONES UP YOUR FANNY IT HURTS AND IS BAD FOR YOU"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'm a little sleepy and only just now realized it's not Jennifer Gardner and this wasn't some vagina monologues ripoff