Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

they got some youtuber guy for the english dub of kiryu lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

vyelkin posted:

voice acting peaked with the elder scrolls four oblivion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpZCaPs1q6w

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

pog boyfriend posted:

what have i done to deserve this

i want $5

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
voice actor guy is right but its mostly bc nintendo keeps hiring the worst voice actors on the planet for their games. they have the worst casting or something department.

the voices in DE are a breath of fresh air because people actually sound like people and not a fisher-price toy telling me a cow says moo

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Dub Zelda sounding like she's seconds away from crying at all moments made me lol in BOTW.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah BOTW was another one where i went, subs, as is always correct

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

games forum owns because its full of people who fundamentally dont understand video games or people who open up about their hosed up fetish in a game that shouldnt even have fetishes in the first place

The Brit who had a massive meltdown because someone made fun of an egg in a hat in the Sonic thread.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Guess what. The wkipedia plot summary of every movie ever is free.

reading this:

In Hong Kong, Inspector Ng manages to stop the theft of an armored car by a group of criminals. In another part of the city, a deal is being made between a Westerner and an assassin. After the deal goes sour, the assassin kills the Westerner while the duo of Asprin and Strepsil enter to pickpocket the Westerner and steal his passport. Unknown to all of them, the Westerner had secret microfilm that contained details of a group of criminals involved in illegal activities, most notably the crooked businessman Mr. Tin. Inspector Ng arrives later and is heartbroken to discover that the dead man was Richard Nornen, with whom she was romantically involved.

After authorities find out that Nornen had been working undercover and that the microfilm is missing, the Scottish investigator Carrie Morris is brought in to assist Ng in recovering it. The microfilm is in the possession of some petty thieves, whilst the police are looking for it to prove the guilt of Mr. Tin and his accomplices, who naturally want it destroyed. Meanwhile, Asprin and Strepsil return the passport to Panadol. Panadol sells the passport to a criminal who attempts to leave the country with it, but is thwarted by Morris, who halts him at the airport. Ng allows the criminal to leave but not on the plane, allowing both Morris and Ng to track down the source of the phony passport to Panadol. With Panadol in custody, he inadvertently mentions Asprin and Strepsil as accomplices.

Mr. Tin has the most to lose from the microfilm and sends three thugs to Asprin and Strepsil in order to get it from them. Strepsil admits defeat to them and gives over the microfilm. Ng and Morris then attempt to arrest Mr. Tin for possession of the item, but find that the microfilm in his possession is another one of Panadol's fakes and are unable to arrest him. Tin's thugs then manage to find Panadol but beat him so severely that he dies, while Asperin and Strepsil were going to sell the real microfilm for thousands of dollars. When Strepsil finds that Mr. Tin has the microfilm, Asperin and Strepsil, with the two police officers Morris and Ng closely following, arrive at Tin's house for a final showdown. During the battle, the microfilm is destroyed and Ng and Morris are about to be arrested for trespassing. Strepsil, who had just learned of Panadol's death, becomes enraged and grabs a police officer's gun and shoots Tin, who was about to go free because of the destruction of the evidence.

is the exact same experience as watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtOr8ovSAxI

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
People in Zelda should NOT be talking using words, but rather say poo poo like soft percussion sounds or "Hiyaaaaah!"

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Dub Zelda sounding like she's seconds away from crying at all moments made me lol in BOTW.

that upward lilt she puts on her lines is so weird. she sounds like an emphysemic miss piggy

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The Brit who had a massive meltdown because someone made fun of an egg in a hat in the Sonic thread.

lol i remember that

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
you will respect dizzy

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

very risky blowjob posted:

reading this:

In Hong Kong, Inspector Ng manages to stop the theft of an armored car by a group of criminals. In another part of the city, a deal is being made between a Westerner and an assassin. After the deal goes sour, the assassin kills the Westerner while the duo of Asprin and Strepsil enter to pickpocket the Westerner and steal his passport. Unknown to all of them, the Westerner had secret microfilm that contained details of a group of criminals involved in illegal activities, most notably the crooked businessman Mr. Tin. Inspector Ng arrives later and is heartbroken to discover that the dead man was Richard Nornen, with whom she was romantically involved.

After authorities find out that Nornen had been working undercover and that the microfilm is missing, the Scottish investigator Carrie Morris is brought in to assist Ng in recovering it. The microfilm is in the possession of some petty thieves, whilst the police are looking for it to prove the guilt of Mr. Tin and his accomplices, who naturally want it destroyed. Meanwhile, Asprin and Strepsil return the passport to Panadol. Panadol sells the passport to a criminal who attempts to leave the country with it, but is thwarted by Morris, who halts him at the airport. Ng allows the criminal to leave but not on the plane, allowing both Morris and Ng to track down the source of the phony passport to Panadol. With Panadol in custody, he inadvertently mentions Asprin and Strepsil as accomplices.

Mr. Tin has the most to lose from the microfilm and sends three thugs to Asprin and Strepsil in order to get it from them. Strepsil admits defeat to them and gives over the microfilm. Ng and Morris then attempt to arrest Mr. Tin for possession of the item, but find that the microfilm in his possession is another one of Panadol's fakes and are unable to arrest him. Tin's thugs then manage to find Panadol but beat him so severely that he dies, while Asperin and Strepsil were going to sell the real microfilm for thousands of dollars. When Strepsil finds that Mr. Tin has the microfilm, Asperin and Strepsil, with the two police officers Morris and Ng closely following, arrive at Tin's house for a final showdown. During the battle, the microfilm is destroyed and Ng and Morris are about to be arrested for trespassing. Strepsil, who had just learned of Panadol's death, becomes enraged and grabs a police officer's gun and shoots Tin, who was about to go free because of the destruction of the evidence.

punches speak louder than words.

also michelle yeoh rules.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

NoiseAnnoys posted:

punches speak louder than words.

also michelle yeoh rules.

"i hate bad voice acting" person speaks up for movies where the audio track is just wildly overdubbed grunting and yowling

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

having a massive meltdown over pog boyfriend?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

reading this:

Fuckin love the HK direction stuff, slowmo dude flying through a glass window, camera on the floor chasing groups of people running etc.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

That Works posted:

Fuckin love the HK direction stuff, slowmo dude flying through a glass window, camera on the floor chasing groups of people running etc.

corey yuen >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I wanna see the British egg man

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Totally forgot Cynthia Rothrock was in that film. Blast from the past

corey yuen >>>>>>>>>>>>>

<3

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
if you're ever watching an 80's hong-kong action movie and a tall, lanky bad guy in a perfectly tailored suit struts into the fight scene, pay attention: you're no more than 30 seconds away from seeing a really cool axe kick

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

You mean Dizzy? He's right to protect the egg with his own life then.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Lady Radia posted:

having a massive meltdown over pog boyfriend?

i am a very contentious figure

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

all senators are

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
the american people hate pog's stance on permabans but love their pog's stance on breakfast

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Looks more like a belly flop than a stance to me

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

cynthia rothrocks

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

cynthia rothrocks

:hmmyes:

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

"i hate bad voice acting" person speaks up for movies where the audio track is just wildly overdubbed grunting and yowling

i didn't watch the dub lol

(also, there is definitely a charm to bad-but-good voice acting, it's the boring voice acting i'm against.)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

fun hater posted:

voice actor guy is right but its mostly bc nintendo keeps hiring the worst voice actors on the planet for their games. they have the worst casting or something department.

the voices in DE are a breath of fresh air because people actually sound like people and not a fisher-price toy telling me a cow says moo

Bg3 has this and its hilarious

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

was pretty impressed at the performances and little unique gestures and expressions all the npcs do in bg3

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dongicus posted:

was pretty impressed at the performances and little unique gestures and expressions all the npcs do in bg3

It's not as good as Witcher 3 and could have benefited from more environment-specific animations, but they did the best they could with the budget they had.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

NoiseAnnoys posted:

i didn't watch the dub lol

(also, there is definitely a charm to bad-but-good voice acting, it's the boring voice acting i'm against.)

i wasn't talking about the dub!!!!!!!!!!

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Dongicus posted:

i like how karlach does a little dance if the party stands idle for like 5 seconds

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

i wasn't talking about the dub!!!!!!!!!!

i'm sorry, i wasn't listening. but i like your taste in fight filsm.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i watch the dub and the read the subs

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Al! posted:

ellie: bibi bi!!

ellie: bibi bi bibibibi...... bibibibi bi bibibi bi bibi bi???

joel [sighing]: da dadada da da.... dadada da.. dadada da. dadada da da da dadadada... da da. dadada. da!

ellie: ......bi......

[ellie, realizing that joel may not be the knight in shining armor she saw him as, looks off into the disrance]

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Y’all can sub my dub anytime :grin:

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Farg posted:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Farg posted:

goo goo g'joob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Al! posted:

ellie: bibi bi!!

ellie: bibi bi bibibibi...... bibibibi bi bibibi bi bibi bi???

joel [sighing]: da dadada da da.... dadada da.. dadada da. dadada da da da dadadada... da da. dadada. da!

ellie: ......bi......

[ellie, realizing that joel may not be the knight in shining armor she saw him as, looks off into the disrance]