Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Poque posted:

the Colts D has maybe the softest fantasy schedule I have ever seen in my life and as a bonus they actually seem GOOD. Hard buy if they're available in your league

Worth starting over CLE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Supposedly on Reddit theres a thread about Christian Watson's sister tweeting she is flying in to see the Thursday night game.

So he has to be playing right?

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

Poque posted:

the Colts D has maybe the softest fantasy schedule I have ever seen in my life and as a bonus they actually seem GOOD. Hard buy if they're available in your league

My only concern is next week playing the Rams.
One of my leagues has Colts, Browns, Bengals, & Steelers all available and I'm trying to decide which one to stick with for a while.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Garrett Everett appears to be averaging the same or close to Musgrave as well

I’m not sure what the state of the Chargers is, though, but given that I think their HC is on the chopping block, I’d imagine Musgrave is going to be more consistent yes?

I’m honestly not sure if I keep Taysom Hill and drop Everett or vice versa

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Garrett Everett appears to be averaging the same or close to Musgrave as well

I’m not sure what the state of the Chargers is, though, but given that I think their HC is on the chopping block, I’d imagine Musgrave is going to be more consistent yes?

I’m honestly not sure if I keep Taysom Hill and drop Everett or vice versa

Everett has the problem of competition from Donald Parham, whereas Musgrave (or Schultz) really has the job to himself. Everett is also getting low value targets between the 20's whereas Parham seems to sub in in the red zone and catch TDs. I would rather have Musgrave's situation. And again, he arguably should have 2 TDs already. If he did people would be falling over themselves to add him.

I'm not really interested in Taysom's bullshit tbh. Maybe any given week will be the one the Saints feel like giving him 10 carries and 5 pass attempts :iiam: But when they don't feel frisky he's a zero, he gets like 1 target a game as a "tight end"

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Sep 26, 2023

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Can any IDP guru’s let me know what’s going on with Hassan Reddick? Over three games he has half a tackle…

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
That’s low but edge rushers don’t really rack up tackles. Myles Garrett has 7 so far, TJ Watt has 9. Maybe Reddick plays less snaps than those guys in Phillys rotation

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

ChocolatePancake posted:

My only concern is next week playing the Rams.
One of my leagues has Colts, Browns, Bengals, & Steelers all available and I'm trying to decide which one to stick with for a while.

Anti-Hero posted:

Worth starting over CLE?

If you're willing to hold both, they complement each other very nicely. I'm not personally particularly afraid of the Rams offense at the moment though, and Cleveland has a week 5 bye (worth keeping an eye on if they are dropped in your league), so if you need bench spots I'd just go Colts. Titans/Jags/Browns/Saints/Panthers/Patriots from weeks 5-10 is outstanding

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

Poque posted:

If you're willing to hold both, they complement each other very nicely. I'm not personally particularly afraid of the Rams offense at the moment though, and Cleveland has a week 5 bye (worth keeping an eye on if they are dropped in your league), so if you need bench spots I'd just go Colts. Titans/Jags/Browns/Saints/Panthers/Patriots from weeks 5-10 is outstanding

That's a really good point. Probably can't do any worse than Jacksonville this week anyway, right?

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Docjowles posted:

Everett has the problem of competition from Donald Parham, whereas Musgrave (or Schultz) really has the job to himself. Everett is also getting low value targets between the 20's whereas Parham seems to sub in in the red zone and catch TDs. I would rather have Musgrave's situation. And again, he arguably should have 2 TDs already. If he did people would be falling over themselves to add him.

I'm not really interested in Taysom's bullshit tbh. Maybe any given week will be the one the Saints feel like giving him 10 carries and 5 pass attempts :iiam: But when they don't feel frisky he's a zero, he gets like 1 target a game as a "tight end"

Taysom's value is in sending trades offering "T Hill" and hoping your opponent has face blindness

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Man my drops last week were so bad I'll be lucky just to get one of them back.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
How worried are y'all about TLaw? Do I need to be stashing a second QB? He was in single digits until basically garbage time, and I guess the report that Pederson took over playcalling in the second half was shot down.

milkrun
Mar 7, 2007

Lawrence is having a lot of bad luck with receivers dropping balls or failing to get two feet inbounds. I don't think he's playing badly, Jags offense just isn't clicking so far. I'm gonna hold him at least one more week. If he has a stinker against Atlanta I'm gonna pick up a waiver QB.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Anti-Hero posted:

Worth starting over CLE?

this week, no. cleveland has both run d and pass d, whereas indy's pass d is iffier. hold both if possible.

Floofy posted:

Can any IDP guru’s let me know what’s going on with Hassan Reddick? Over three games he has half a tackle…

unless you are in an idp league you should basically stream linebackers outside of like zaire, oluokun, and bolton. go for lb who will play against run-first offenses.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Poque posted:

Hmm...I'd have to drop QJ or Palmer (probably the latter) to swing that.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

don't drop either!

cleveland looks to have the better d overall. hold them and figure out next week next week.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm gonna drop 101/200 on Achane. I feel like that's not enough...

I'm about to spend over 400 of my remaining 600 on Achane, and I still think it'll get outbid. My RBs are in DIRE shape because I drafted Ekeler and Najee, so I'm willing to throw down as much as I can on the guy who will take over fully when Mostert is inevitably hurt.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Vargo posted:

I'm about to spend over 400 of my remaining 600 on Achane, and I still think it'll get outbid. My RBs are in DIRE shape because I drafted Ekeler and Najee, so I'm willing to throw down as much as I can on the guy who will take over fully when Mostert is inevitably hurt.

I'm also going to break the bank for Achane but I just want to put it out there that he's like 5'9" 188. If he has to act as a traditional lead back for any amount of time he'll quickly be joining Mostert on IR. If when Mostert dies, Jeff WIlson might be back plus they have rookie Chris Brooks who is more of a grinder at 225 lbs. Or maybe they add Fournette.

It won't be BAD for Achane if Mostert goes down but I don't think he's gonna automatically slide into 20 touches a week.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

abelwingnut posted:

don't drop either!

cleveland looks to have the better d overall. hold them and figure out next week next week.

I wish I had any bench space to do that. Have to choose one or the other unfortunately. Despite everything so far this season, I have a very hard time trusting the Cleveland defense.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

you find it easier to trust the colts' d?

cleveland have allowed 20pt through 3 games. they are first in pressure rate. they have myles garrett. they are going up against baltimore's o-line that's been decimated by injuries. even then, jackson has been wonky at best. does baltimore even have a running back now? cleveland should just blitz and rush them and cause jackson to make quick decisions, which he hasn't been great at at any point in his career.

meanwhile, indy has been good, but they're not at that level. plus, the rams' o-line isn't anywhere near as bad as baltimore's right now. they did manage to score quite a few points on the ground against sf, after all.

i don't know, it's your team, but i'm taking cleveland 10 times out of 10 on this one.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I was using the Detroit d until I saw KC was facing chicago

Naturally Detroit decided to get like six sacks and out score the KC defence the moment I dropped them lol

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

abelwingnut posted:

you find it easier to trust the colts' d?

cleveland have allowed 20pt through 3 games. they are first in pressure rate. they have myles garrett. they are going up against baltimore's o-line that's been decimated by injuries. even then, jackson has been wonky at best. does baltimore even have a running back now? cleveland should just blitz and rush them and cause jackson to make quick decisions, which he hasn't been great at at any point in his career.

meanwhile, indy has been good, but they're not at that level. plus, the rams' o-line isn't anywhere near as bad as baltimore's right now. they did manage to score quite a few points on the ground against sf, after all.

i don't know, it's your team, but i'm taking cleveland 10 times out of 10 on this one.

You make very good points. My instinct is more emotional than anything else. Every time in the past I've trusted the Cleveland defense I've been burned. I'll put them at the top of my $0 waiver list for the week and hope for the best.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Docjowles posted:

I'm also going to break the bank for Achane but I just want to put it out there that he's like 5'9" 188. If he has to act as a traditional lead back for any amount of time he'll quickly be joining Mostert on IR. If when Mostert dies, Jeff WIlson might be back plus they have rookie Chris Brooks who is more of a grinder at 225 lbs. Or maybe they add Fournette.

It won't be BAD for Achane if Mostert goes down but I don't think he's gonna automatically slide into 20 touches a week.

Also remember that the Dolphins are playing the Bills this week, with a significantly better defense. Achane is a good long term play, but he's not gonna get 200 yards and 4 TDs next Sunday.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

how much faab y'all throwing for palmer?

I'm seeing recommendations anywhere from 4% to 30%

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

depends how badly you need a wr. pretty set? probably not more than 10%. lost williams, have garrett wilson, and treylon burks isn't looking all too hot? ok, now we're talking 30+%.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I feel kind of hesitant on Palmer because the Chargers took a wr in the first round this year so you'd think they're going to want to work him in at some point. Someone who knows more about that team can feel free to correct me if Quintin Johnston has looked terrible, though.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Also Palmer isn't that good. I haven't been impressed with most of his performances in the past when given this same opportunity.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Also there are a lot more WRs around, scarcity isn't what it is in RBs.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Palmer was in this exact situation last year and managed to still be very boom or bust

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Id rather get Tank Dell. Just one of those high upside guys you want on your team.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Anyone have opinions on Thielen? He’s put up some good numbers two weeks in a row and I’m thinking Dalton may favor him. Thinking of swapping McLaurin out for him since he’s just riding my bench all year.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

Anyone have opinions on Thielen? He’s put up some good numbers two weeks in a row and I’m thinking Dalton may favor him. Thinking of swapping McLaurin out for him since he’s just riding my bench all year.

He'll turn back into a pumpkin once Bryce is healthy again but in the interim he seems like a decent risk.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

This year has been a blood bath and if you need a guy immediately Thielen and Palmer both seem like good options. If you’re the 1% of teams that haven’t lost like 3 starters already then stashing Johnston on your bench seems like a good idea

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I just lost Mike Williams in my 12 team 3WR half ppr league and I already have Kupp on IR. I'm currently 3-0 and the points leader even though my team is 8th best accusing to fantasy pros.

This week my starting WRs are going to be Lamb, Evans, and Shaheed. The bench is Burks and Mims. Wondering if I should try a trade, but if Kupp is back next week then I'm probably good until bye weeks (which is immediately since Evans is week 5).

Was thinking sending James Conner for Ridley since he needs RBs. My other RBs are Aaron Jones, Mattison, Rachaad, Ford, and Spears.

Another similar target would probably be Pittman on a different team. Any thoughts?

I was going to pick up Dell last week again after originally drafting him but was too slow to add him as a FA since I wasn't sure who to drop. Would have solved my issues I think.

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Sep 27, 2023

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Similar situation, Mike Williams was my flex WR and was going to fill in number 2 on by weeks. My starters are JJ and AJB. My bench however is Tutu and Dotson, so pretty screwed if one goes down or on a bye. Trying this week on waiver wire to pick up either Thielen or Dell, but if I miss on those two who else should be out there?

Or should I look to trade a RB for a WR to the person that is currently first in the league, but had Chubb and Saquon as his RB and is now running Brian Robinson and Josh Kelley. I have Bijan and Tony P starting, with my bench being Pierce, White, Allgeier, and injured Montgomery. Think I could maybe pull Olave or Pittman off him for one of those?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Similar situation, Mike Williams was my flex WR and was going to fill in number 2 on by weeks. My starters are JJ and AJB. My bench however is Tutu and Dotson, so pretty screwed if one goes down or on a bye. Trying this week on waiver wire to pick up either Thielen or Dell, but if I miss on those two who else should be out there?

Or should I look to trade a RB for a WR to the person that is currently first in the league, but had Chubb and Saquon as his RB and is now running Brian Robinson and Josh Kelley. I have Bijan and Tony P starting, with my bench being Pierce, White, Allgeier, and injured Montgomery. Think I could maybe pull Olave or Pittman off him for one of those?

You’re fine with Tutu and Dotson. I’d try to grab Tank Dell off waivers but I wouldn’t be scrambling to trade anyone if I didn’t get him.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Must be a small league. If you can trade White or Pierce for Olave, do so. I doubt that guy is that desperate, but you never know.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Work league, so only 10 teams. But he is the only undefeated person so far and wants to keep it.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
If your league let you get 2 top 5 RB's AND 2 top 5 WR's. Hell start sending out any offer and try to fleece them, it might work.

edit: Trying to consolidate a bit in my 1 PPR league and try to see if i can get an upgrade selling Mattison

Would giving up Mattison and Christian Kirk for Michael Pittman be too much?

RBs: Pollard, Gibbs, Mixon
WRs: JJ, Cooper, Meyers, MT, Shaheed

Would leave me thin at RB but i figured i'd be flexing Pittman or Gibbs.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Sep 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Vargo posted:

Did this, won it. Next highest bid was $20 :suicide: