Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fatherboxx)

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The Senate is pretty hosed up too though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Dirt5o8 posted:

You have a lot more experience with that than me. I've only done 1 Bradley gunnery, main focus was always 50/240/mk19. With that it was literally a paved road and very on-the-rails. Again, I haven't read the article yet so I may be off the mark on what the author is critical of.

And I agree with you almost 100% on rehearsals and battle drills. What I was trying to say is that often there aren't enough injects and it becomes a check the block. I used, fairly or unfairly, was vehicle gunnery but rehearsals at all levels can and do fall into that trap.

Very fair points.

I think Ukraine made an operational change in the last day or two. This is the second night on a row Twitter is a buzz with comments about Ukraine using a lot more artillery, armored vehicles, and fighting at night.

I'm reminded of my post several weeks ago about the British using nighttime dismounted operations to clear the minefields at Al-Alamein.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

mutata posted:

The Senate is pretty hosed up too though.

What if gerrymandering but not adjusted for population and permanent?

RockWhisperer
Oct 26, 2018

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

senate proposes stop gap bill, includes funding for ukraine

a lot isn't relevant, so i'll just quote the money shot

there was some angst in the thread on initial reports that senate dems would strip ukrainian funding from the outset, but it seems like the senate is prepared to at least make the funding an issue of contention rather than ceding it from the start

This is something I can contribute on finally. There remains the possibility that funding might be reduced, but I wouldn’t say it’ll be completely cut. I’m not feeling particularly pessimistic. Things I would look for:

1. Attitude in the House regarding an omnibus bill and it’s duration. Omnibus bills are funding bills for multiple departments lumped together. They are massive and easier to append big defense budget items to. If they keep the appropriation bills separate (departmental spending bill), I’d be a little more concerned for nitpicking of Ukrainian budget items.

2. Watch for whether there’s Senate chatter for a “clean” continuing resolution (what the media calls a stopgap bill) without any frills like Ukraine funding. That is a logical next step for the senate next week and for staying on the good side of govt. contractors. I don’t think it’ll be bad necessarily, but it’ll cause drama from folks unfamiliar with US congress.

3. Look to see how long the continuing resolution proposals are. Shorter bills will indicate that there’s growing consensus, probably more in line with what the senate proposed originally. A month long CR would say that the house dissenters have more fuel in the tank to debate. That’d be bad news bears imo for Ukraine funding.

I will say last week’s drama in the house has folks in government anticipating a shutdown on Sunday. I wouldn’t hold my breath for some funding resolution this week.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Ynglaur posted:

Very fair points.

I think Ukraine made an operational change in the last day or two. This is the second night on a row Twitter is a buzz with comments about Ukraine using a lot more artillery, armored vehicles, and fighting at night.

I'm reminded of my post several weeks ago about the British using nighttime dismounted operations to clear the minefields at Al-Alamein.

That makes sense. They don't get the demining advantages of heated up mines being easier to find, but its got to be way easier to cover the operations when operating with Western thermals vs whatever night vision the randos in this particular trench have got.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

A several kg mass of metal, electronics and explosive buried in the ground is gonna retain heat like a motherfucker. It probably takes aaaaages to return to background temperature.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Speaking of night combat, here's a CNN piece with one of their reporters embedded with a Ukrainian drone unit:

https://twitter.com/fpleitgenCNN/status/1706751548028572082

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Xiahou Dun posted:

A several kg mass of metal, electronics and explosive buried in the ground is gonna retain heat like a motherfucker. It probably takes aaaaages to return to background temperature.

Ukrainians have reported earlier in the summer in a CNN vignette https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2023/08/14/ukrainian-battlefield-mines-thermal-imaging-walsh-pkg-lead-intl-vpx.cnn that the thermal detection method works best at dusk or dawn implying that the temps normalize during the day and in the middle of the night making detection via this method more difficult via the UAV mounted camera. They seem to be doing most of the night time work with hand-held metal detectors

https://www.lemonde.fr/en/europe/ar...127932_143.html or
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66879485

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Xiahou Dun posted:

Metal transfers heat pretty quickly

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

OctaMurk posted:

Metal transfers heat pretty quickly

I would assume "buried in the ground" is carrying some weight there, where is the metal conducting heat to?

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Nenonen posted:

I just now realized that the target is a Z, heh
You may have missed something about the original then....

"Everything from A to Z"
:ughh:

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Sep 27, 2023

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Cable Guy posted:

"Everything from A to Z"
:ughh:

What, Amazon's is selling your ma?

Pretty sure everyone already knows that.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What if gerrymandering but not adjusted for population and permanent?

I understand the senate as a principle. From the perspective of an EU citizen, it would be pretty hosed up if the French, German and Italian members of the EP could just ram everything through due to the populations of their member states while the Baltics, Benelux and Malta get told "sucks to be you, maybe your populations shouldn't have been so small". It would not make joining a union a very appealing prospect for those smaller states. (I am making total abstraction of the fact that the EU Commission has the power of initiative in the EU, not the EP, but you get my point. Even the EU Commission has one commissioner per Member State; France, Germany and Italy don't get half of them on account of their populations).

Whether the US senate's raison d'être is still as relevant in 2023 as it was in 1800 is debatable. But Americans are weirdly touchy about changing their constitution so I guess you're stuck with a political compromise that dates literal centuries.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Deltasquid posted:

I understand the senate as a principle. From the perspective of an EU citizen, it would be pretty hosed up if the French, German and Italian members of the EP could just ram everything through due to the populations of their member states while the Baltics, Benelux and Malta get told "sucks to be you, maybe your populations shouldn't have been so small". It would not make joining a union a very appealing prospect for those smaller states. (I am making total abstraction of the fact that the EU Commission has the power of initiative in the EU, not the EP, but you get my point. Even the EU Commission has one commissioner per Member State; France, Germany and Italy don't get half of them on account of their populations).

Whether the US senate's raison d'être is still as relevant in 2023 as it was in 1800 is debatable. But Americans are weirdly touchy about changing their constitution so I guess you're stuck with a political compromise that dates literal centuries.
I think the population spread in the EU is more drastic than the US though (the smallest EU country by population is smaller than the smallest US state, and the largest country , Germany, has over twice as many people as the largest US State)

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Deltasquid posted:

That's not hosed; that's democracy. One person, one vote. Individuals in smaller states/countries shouldn't get extra voting power just because they live in a smaller polity. (Though it shouldn't be people voting through their states or countries in the first place, it should just be proportional representation so that it doesn't really matter where the votes come from, but alas)

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

US gerrymandering is way beyond the scope of this thread, please stick to discussing legislation that directly affects Ukraine and the war

Rugz
Apr 15, 2014

PLS SEE AVATAR. P.S. IM A BELL END LOL
Edit: ^^^

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Cicero posted:

That's not hosed; that's democracy. One person, one vote. Individuals in smaller states/countries shouldn't get extra voting power just because they live in a smaller polity. (Though it shouldn't be people voting through their states or countries in the first place, it should just be proportional representation so that it doesn't really matter where the votes come from, but alas)

That does require that people inside the organization in question consider themselves mainly 'members of the larger organization' rather than furthering the interest of their state. If the EU tomorrow would go for 'one person, one vote, shame about the smaller countries' The smaller countries, both governments and population would just say 'Oh, well, gently caress the EU then. We're not going to be part of an organization where only the interests of the most populous countries will be represented. '

And it probably made a lot more sense when the US was created, since back then I imagine the various states were a lot more inependent, and inclined to look after their own interests rather than be invested in this whole 'United States' thing that was just barely started. The argument for change would be that that is very much changed, and it's not like New York, Texas and California and a few more would start passing laws to completely gently caress over the larger whole and the smaller states, even if representation was more reflective of population.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Rappaport posted:

I would assume "buried in the ground" is carrying some weight there, where is the metal conducting heat to?

Uh, the ground?

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
https://russiapost.info/regions/majority

quote:

In our intellectual conversations, as we hope that the nightmare will end soon, we try not to remember this fact: the many hundreds of thousands of men and women who have already taken part in the current war and the process of “rebuilding the new territories” have millions of children.

These millions of children believe that their fathers and mothers are now doing heroic things. They sincerely believe it, as their parents cannot be monsters. These millions of children put on a tricolor tie on September 1 for the start of the school year, watch the same TV, listen to their fathers’ stories about “ukropy” (a derogatory term for Ukrainians) and travel through destroyed Mariupol on their way to vacation in Crimea (with or without their fathers).

For public repentance after the end of the war, we will have to wait until these children grow up and have their own children, so that these (not yet born) children can be told that their grandfathers committed undignified acts. For some reason, it’s easier to hear about grandfathers than fathers. Internal, rather than external, repentance in Germany began in the 1970s – just when the children of the children of the Nazis grew up.

Thus, by the end of the 2040s, it will be possible to talk to the people about the losses that Russian society actually suffered from the current war. At least some of them will really listen. In addition, by that time teachers whose careers began under Brezhnev will finally stop teaching.

In the meantime, the people are experiencing perhaps the best period in their lives. Sure, some of them periodically come back from the war in zinc coffins. On the other hand, the whole street will be out for the funeral – how is that for reviving traditional values.

The entire article is good, this is just the closing passage.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/KyivPost/status/1705189491705540977

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/cyberpunk-2077s-ukrainian-localisation-takes-the-piss-out-of-russias-war

quote:

According to Tarasov, one of Cyberpunk 2077's Ukrainian dialogue line alters "We're loving through" to a Ukrainian phrase that roughly means "Go gently caress yourself in the same direction as the ship did". This appears to be a reference to the Ukrainian border guard Roman Hrybov's famous radio response to the Russian missile cruiser Moskva, when asked to surrender in February 2022. The line has become a resistance slogan within Ukraine and among pro-Ukrainian groups overseas - it's even been commemorated in the form of a postage stamp.

There also appears to be brand new graffiti in the game that references Russia's occupation of Crimea in 2014. "The graffiti represents the outlines of Crimea, the peninsula that was illegally annexed from Ukraine by russia in 2014," Tarasov told me. "Juxtaposed are the Ukrainian coat of arms and taraq tamga (the symbol of Crimean Tatars)." The suggestion is that in Cyberpunk 2077’s world, Crimea is part of Ukraine.

One line of police dialogue referring to the game's Scavengers faction has been altered from the English "Couldn't all these assholes bite it out in the Badlands?" to a Ukrainian phrase that translates as "Couldn't all this rusnia bite it out in the Badlands?" As Tarasov explains, "'rusnia' is a Ukrainian derogatory term for russians. Scavengers are the stereotypical Eastern European gang in the game's universe."

CD Projekt have made no bones of their opposition to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. The company halted sales of their games in Russia in March 2022, shortly after the outbreak of hostilities, and have set up a relief fund for Ukrainian refugees. According to the Phantom Liberty credits, CD Projekt partnered with Ukrainian company SBT Localization on Cyberpunk 2077's Ukrainian script.

Someone slipped through some funny translations.

https://www.engadget.com/cd-projekt-red-apologizes-for-anti-russia-references-in-cyberpunk-2077-update-092347196.html

quote:

"The Ukrainian localization of Cyberpunk 2077 contains several remarks that could offend some Russian players," the studio said in a (Google translated) statement. "These remarks were not written by CD Projekt Red employees and do not represent our views. We are working to fix them and replace them in the next update. We apologize for this situation and are taking steps to ensure it does not happen again."

The Easter eggs seem pretty tame in comparison to most things in the game, and it's annoying they're going to change it, but the whole thing is pretty funny. Can't wait for the Russian cable news special about russophobia in video games.

Charoclere
Jun 16, 2023

Deltasquid posted:

I understand the senate as a principle. From the perspective of an EU citizen, it would be pretty hosed up if the French, German and Italian members of the EP could just ram everything through due to the populations of their member states while the Baltics, Benelux and Malta get told "sucks to be you, maybe your populations shouldn't have been so small". It would not make joining a union a very appealing prospect for those smaller states.

This is all entirely correct, but you have to understand that for most pro-EU activists overriding smaller countries isn't a bug, it's a feature.

EU advocates would be more accurately termed European Nationalists. The "Ever Closer Union" (which, let's not forget, is quite literally written into the EU's foundation treaties) is the European equivalent of Manifest Destiny, a giddily overpowering sense of political entitlement and a pseudo-religious faith in the inevitable final arc towards the end-goal of civilisation. The continued existence of countries within the EU is considered to merely be a transitional stage like the pre-USA 1780s Confederation in America - eventually they will waste away into vestigial appendices as their responsibilities and authority are progressively abdicated to various Eurofederal bureaucracies.

When your confidence in the capital-C Correct of direction of social progress is so implacable, you perceive that the smaller dissenters waste your time with disagreement and argument and so delay and impede the achievement of Perfection. Small countries which insist on their sovereignty are tedious, irritating, distracting, On The Wrong Side Of HistoryTM, and they cannot be allowed to be a counterweight to the Continental vision.

Sure, there'll be token gestures to cultural diversity - each statistical region will get its own Official Peasant Pageant Costume - but ultimately, the goal is "Eurofication": the erasure of countries and individual nations as distinct and their subsuming into a single "European" concept of nationhood. Implicit within Cicero's call for "One Man One Vote" is that they're all voting on One Thing. There is the absence of different constituencies with unique interests - there's one European metropole which forms the centre of gravity around which everything must be drawn.

Charoclere fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Sep 27, 2023

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Vaious Ukrainian localisations for past year have been a subject of internal Ukrainian slapfights due to growing pains (using war memes that get old rapidly, doing overly literal translations of usually transliterated fantasy and even technical UI terms (дiевидло!), so it was a matter of time before it got some developers attention. Replacing references to Run the Jewels with Ukrainian band in Cyberpunk was also bizarre.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

If he really is dead but Russia doesn't want to give Ukraine the satisfaction, then I'd guess his recorded image will show up at a few more Zoom meetings over the next month or two and then he'll abruptly "retire" to his dacha and then shortly thereafter succumb to some unspecified but definitely not cruise-missile-induced "illness"...

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Or, as folks like Shoygu before him, or Vova's terminal cancer, he just isn't dead and not close to dying

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Charoclere posted:

This is all entirely correct, but you have to understand that for most pro-EU activists overriding smaller countries isn't a bug, it's a feature.

EU advocates would be more accurately termed European Nationalists. The "Ever Closer Union" (which, let's not forget, is quite literally written into the EU's foundation treaties) is the European equivalent of Manifest Destiny, a giddily overpowering sense of political entitlement and a pseudo-religious faith in the inevitable final arc towards the end-goal of civilisation. The continued existence of countries within the EU is considered to merely be a transitional stage like the pre-USA 1780s Confederation in America - eventually they will waste away into vestigial appendices as their responsibilities and authority are progressively abdicated to various Eurofederal bureaucracies.

When your confidence in the capital-C Correct of direction of social progress is so implacable, you perceive that the smaller dissenters waste your time with disagreement and argument and so delay and impede the achievement of Perfection. Small countries which insist on their sovereignty are tedious, irritating, distracting, On The Wrong Side Of HistoryTM, and they cannot be allowed to be a counterweight to the Continental vision.

Sure, there'll be token gestures to cultural diversity - each statistical region will get its own Official Peasant Pageant Costume - but ultimately, the goal is "Eurofication": the erasure of countries and individual nations as distinct and their subsuming into a single "European" concept of nationhood. Implicit within Cicero's call for "One Man One Vote" is that they're all voting on One Thing. There is the absence of different constituencies with unique interests - there's one European metropole which forms the centre of gravity around which everything must be drawn.

:dafuq:

Sounds like bollocks.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Just heard on news that Shoigu is accusing American and British intelligence services giving Ukraine the assassination coordinates in Sevastopol.

He also told reporters that he's not mad, don't put in the papers that he's mad

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Charoclere posted:

:words: There is the absence of different constituencies with unique interests - there's one European metropole which forms the centre of gravity around which everything must be drawn.

This essay might be a better fit for the EU thread!

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Nenonen posted:

Just heard on news that Shoigu is accusing American and British intelligence services giving Ukraine the assassination coordinates in Sevastopol.

He also told reporters that he's not mad, don't put in the papers that he's mad

Does it count as Americans doing it if some Ukrainian looked it up on Google Maps?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Russia put out a new clip of Sokolov:
https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/viktor-sokolov-russia-black-sea-fleet-video-b2419349.html
Still no reference to the date or recent events but it's at least better evidence than the Zoom call which could've been cobbled together from footage that definitely already existed.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Hannibal Rex posted:

https://russiapost.info/regions/majority

The entire article is good, this is just the closing passage.

That passage is mostly empty sophistry (author just outlined the case that people in depressed regions are fatalistic and extremely cynical - why would they need to face any kind of moral reckoning?) but the rest of essay is good - poor people treat the war as a way to make ridiculous amount of money, unbothered by what it entails for their psychic state, health and, of course, not burdemed with morals. Of course it misses that people with the will and desire make flight for better places - for education and work, and they dont come back, leaving it to rot. And at the end of the day, the people left there won't matter - they are treated as dead weight by the government and will never have a political voice because initiative has been beaten out of them.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

OddObserver posted:

Does it count as Americans doing it if some Ukrainian looked it up on Google Maps?

I have this funny image of an American saying, "Warmer, warmer, colder, hotter, very hot!" as a Ukrainian officer slowly moves his finger across a map.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Moon Slayer posted:

Speaking of night combat, here's a CNN piece with one of their reporters embedded with a Ukrainian drone unit:

https://twitter.com/fpleitgenCNN/status/1706751548028572082

ugh this makes me want a skydio X10 so bad. sadly they ain't coming to the consumer market.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/sambendett/status/1707012283048608251?t=-udhQAZZBrJFdi2D5IYmYA&s=19

Interesting and quick read (the English summary, at least). The number if drones required is staggering, and higher than even I thought. In Eve Online players say that ships are ammunition. In Ukraine, and by extension modern war, drones are.

I also just listened to the second part of the most recent episode of The Russia Contingency, with Mike Koffman and Jack Watling. I've posted before how armies can reconstitute frighteningly quickly. Im thinking more and more that the West needs to move to drat-near wartime production of ammunition, drones, and modern kit now. Russia's army three years from now could look very different than today, and China is already producing like it's 1980 NATO. Deterrence only works when you have credible over match. Just being able to give adversaries a bloody nose isn't enough.

Dick Ripple
May 19, 2021
From everything I have been reading and hearing Russia is already well underway into converting industries to war production. How well this will work with modern arms production remains to be seen.

If Russia does/can go total war against Ukraine, I fear the west themselves will not follow suit in so much that their governments and populace allow it. I just cannot see Germany, the US, UK, or any of the other major supporters going far beyond the current levels of weapons and aid already being sent.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Yeah, full war time production scale up is not going to happen in any rapid timespan unless the countries themselves are going to war.

It would be insanely disruptive to the point where if it was being considered I wouldn't be surprised if we just didn't send over "Volunteer" forces first.

But I don't really think Russia can spin up to total war time production without breaking pretty severely pretty quickly. It's not really comparable to say, the US in WW2 which had an absolute poo poo ton of things going for it.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 27, 2023

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

fatherboxx posted:

That passage is mostly empty sophistry (author just outlined the case that people in depressed regions are fatalistic and extremely cynical - why would they need to face any kind of moral reckoning?) but the rest of essay is good - poor people treat the war as a way to make ridiculous amount of money, unbothered by what it entails for their psychic state, health and, of course, not burdemed with morals. Of course it misses that people with the will and desire make flight for better places - for education and work, and they dont come back, leaving it to rot. And at the end of the day, the people left there won't matter - they are treated as dead weight by the government and will never have a political voice because initiative has been beaten out of them.

There's been a detailed rebuttal by a sociologist to that article that points out it has a lot of flaws. A good lesson on being too eager to jump on 'unvarnished' accounts of life in wartime Russia.

https://postsocialism.org/2023/09/27/the-majority-never-had-it-so-bad/

quote:

This piece and the response to it frightens me. It makes me think that we are already entering a Cold War 2.0 space for social science. The reason articles like this are published is because actual Russian sociologists and anthropologists are in exile, or cannot safely counter such caricatured and distorting pictures for fear of repression. Furthermore the academic boycott of Russia means there are no ways for the professional remaining scientists in Russia to speak out either.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
LOL at idea that it's the boycott that's an issue for scientists in *Russia* to speak up.

mustard_tiger
Nov 8, 2010
I really don't think that Russia has the economy to switch over to full war time production. It barely functions now as it is.

They have lost most of the skills needed to build new hardware as well. They haven't been able to build any new T14s or SU-57s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Telsa Cola posted:

Yeah, full war time production scale up is not going to happen in any rapid timespan unless the countries themselves are going to war.

It would be insanely disruptive to the point where if it was being considered I wouldn't be surprised if we just didn't send over "Volunteer" forces first.

But I don't really think Russia can spin up to total war time production without breaking pretty severely pretty quickly. It's not really comparable to say, the US in WW2 which had an absolute poo poo ton of things going for it.

Yeah, there's a notable difference between USA in pre-Pearl Harbor providing Lend-Lease to UK and USSR, and what followed.

And there really is a reason why Putin hasn't gone hogwild.

https://twitter.com/k_sonin/status/1704601898370609439

There's also the wildest statistics that I have ever seen.

https://www.levada.ru/2023/09/21/tseny-i-potrebitelskaya-adaptatsiya/

This is very difficult to read. My read of "TDP" is a vehicle? Transportation? Anyway, blue is "can afford food", orange is "can afford clothes" and gray is "can afford {??????}". Also the point of comparison is in the middle of COVID years so not exactly normal. 45% of the responders thought that cost of food was unendurable compared to 29% two years ago. That's drastic, if the poll is representative.