Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Charles Leclerc posted:

Oh, we jammin'?

Your library is the same size as his, it's just FLAC instead of mp3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

acidx posted:

Your library is the same size as his, it's just FLAC instead of mp3.

Probably about right I guess. I nuked my library that I started back in the Napster days a couple of months ago to start fresh with the mantra that no lossy audio files would be in it.

Same for my TV and movie collection, remux 4k/HDR/atmos file sizes are a thing to behold.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Khablam posted:

Get loving wrecked loser

Tell me you're a trend chasing loser without telling me you're a trend chasing loser.

How about we do a challenge.

For every album in my collection that isn't on Spotify or Apple music, you take a month's probation. A :toxx: for every 5.
Wanna play fucko??

Is this supposed to be impressive? Wanna see your house, hoarder

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

Looks like all your music needs are catered for

Oh huh I didn't realize they wrote a song for everyone which is incredibly hack and sadder than if they were just disgusting max fans

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Anime Store Adventure posted:

If there's one thing goons loving love its NAS and Plex servers and all that poo poo. For fifteen years everyone on this forum has done nothing but upload their data to network poo poo which is funny because no one ever wants it or cares about a goon's data.

When I was a dumb student I had a NAS and Plex. Once I became employed I just started paying for/streaming.

Now I kind of wish I could watch old Top Gear episodes as god intended, but I refuse to deal with being a CJ.

:negative:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Red_Fred posted:

Is this supposed to be impressive? Wanna see your house, hoarder

its legit sad hes proud of it

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Residency Evil posted:

When I was a dumb student I had a NAS and Plex. Once I became employed I just started paying for/streaming.

Now I kind of wish I could watch old Top Gear episodes as god intended, but I refuse to deal with being a CJ.

:negative:

Check out the Usenet thread. It's absurdly easy to automate all of that poo poo with even a commodity grade Synology or QNAP NAS. The scare mongering about having to tinker frequently is from shitheads who don't know what they're talking about.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

ROFLBOT posted:

13 mini club reprazent

FYI Green was the best colour

Same here in green

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Watching a bunch of Formula 1 Top 10 videos the thing that really stands out is that these new reliable cars are incredibly boring.

If you have a car that works reliably for 4 races in a row you are forced to tune your engine to have 50 more horsepower, but if your car doesn't break down catastrophically in the next race you are given DNFs for the next two races.

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

Charles Leclerc posted:

Check out the Usenet thread. It's absurdly easy to automate all of that poo poo with even a commodity grade Synology or QNAP NAS. The scare mongering about having to tinker frequently is from shitheads who don't know what they're talking about.

This is the correct answer. gently caress paying for every streaming service for the one good show they have.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

One day the hardcore nerds are gonna grow the self awareness to understand that poo poo isn’t even 1% as easy as they’ve convinced themselves it is

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Ban downforce

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

One day the hardcore nerds are gonna grow the self awareness to understand that poo poo isn’t even 1% as easy as they’ve convinced themselves it is

I think like anything else it's a sliding scale of how technically inclined you are but if you're dead set against paying for streaming services like I am then the NAS+Plex set up is pretty hard to beat. Granted I just do torrents and don't have remote streaming set up but it was easy enough for a luddite like myself to get it up and running.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

Oh huh I didn't realize they wrote a song for everyone which is incredibly hack and sadder than if they were just disgusting max fans

They wrote a song for everyone but the Dutch are the only group of people with bad enough of a collective taste in music to actually listen to their guys

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Thanks Ants posted:

Looks like all your music needs are catered for

Have you heard of this singer named Chloe Stroll????????

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011
Just use Sickchill and read a 10 minute Usenet article, then install Tailscale to get access to it outside your house. Jellyfin is better than Plex, it’s the Max Verstappen of home streaming software and Plex is like… Stroll or something

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I just learned that there's more chloe stroll music.

Surrender is somehow the high point

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

WHERE MY HAT IS AT posted:

Just use Sickchill and read a 10 minute Usenet article, then install Tailscale to get access to it outside your house. Jellyfin is better than Plex, it’s the Max Verstappen of home streaming software and Plex is like… Stroll or something

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

goon.txt

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Oh boy, I sure thought this was satire

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I use Synology's built in torrent client and run plex off my Apple TV. I have to type sudo into a terminal interface 0 times and wiki read 0 tech articles. hth OP

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
The bin: for getting good tyres out and putting bad drivers in

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

wicka posted:

Oh boy, I sure thought this was satire

Spot the F1TV subscribers.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Why would I store media on my phone when I have all these Zip disks laying around?

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011

tony quidtana posted:

I use Synology's built in torrent client and run plex off my Apple TV. I have to type sudo into a terminal interface 0 times and wiki read 0 tech articles. hth OP

I can't use torrents because there's no one on earth good enough to be my peer. In this way, I am like Max Verstappen.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Why does it seem like there were a lot more shirtless spectators at races than there are now?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

thats forza 4

i can tell because the car looks like its hovering

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Why does it seem like there were a lot more shirtless spectators at races than there are now?

F1 merch is basically all bad. People look like poo poo in general.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
That last one bodes horribly for LH

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

iirc there were a bunch of dudes in thecrowd at monza that were shirtless + blasting cigs (ie cool)

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

the milk machine posted:

blasting cigs (ie cool)
Are we still allowed to do that? I thought it was banned and we're only allowed to drink energy drinks and vape (uncool)

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

That last one bodes horribly for LH

Nah, he's fine. You can only be alive, dead, or vegetable and that sweatshirt has it covered

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Are we still allowed to do that? I thought it was banned and we're only allowed to drink energy drinks and vape (uncool)

i might have imagined that part tbh, it just seems to fit so well with being shirtless at a motor race

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Just sit near the Verstappen fans and hide your cigarette smoke in the orange flare cloud.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

what a terrible way for that ski resort to refer to his accident

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Why does it say 1991-2021?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005