Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Lpzie posted:

love how everytime i talk to or help the cops myt street cred goes up.

The cops are the top gang in the city so of course your cred will go up, you're in the big leagues now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Popy posted:

every job i take in CYBERPUNK ends in a shootout bloodbath

Its been a bit disappointing that the only method of conflict resolution is murder. I got all these points in cool, let me smooth talk my way past some gang dudes or something, even though most of the 'cool' responses have just been being a jackass for no reason.

Oh well, the gang dudes are mostly presented as monsters with no redeeming qualities who actively reject basic humanity, so at least I feel nothing while mowing them down

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Im playing Cyberpunk on M+KB and the default key bindings feel real bad for trying to do any kind of run and gun fighting, and the game really wants me to jump and slide around. Are there any bindings that will help make it feel better? I have a five button mouse, although the middle button is awkward to use and I already rebound everything that used it to button 5.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Xaris posted:

it's kinda funny how much people say "omfg From games are so hard! its just pure masochism!" and it's like, they're actually really generous and you can just brute-force victory by unga-bungaing. meanwhile a shitton of genesis and early psx games were loving insanely hard. like the Taz-Mania mine cart level

A coinflip between "Ok, is this "High Seas Havoc for the Sega Genesis" Hard or "Virtual Bart for the SNES" Hard".

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Nix Panicus posted:

Im playing Cyberpunk on M+KB and the default key bindings feel real bad for trying to do any kind of run and gun fighting, and the game really wants me to jump and slide around. Are there any bindings that will help make it feel better? I have a five button mouse, although the middle button is awkward to use and I already rebound everything that used it to button 5.

same problem here. it's ok with dodge on the mouse I guess.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I think you can double tap movement also for dodge

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

cyberpunk would sell me on the dangers of the streets if every once in awhile , as i'm riding shotgun going somewhere with an npc, i just catch a slug in the dome and die.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Is cyberpunk actually fixed or all the morons just being morons?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Last night my wife asked me why I'm tearing apart entire towns and forests. I said because I need to. She then said I need to start testing them down when she wasn't home because the sounds are making her crazy.

Dysmantle ftw

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I kept playing

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
it’s pretty jarring to go from starfield’s talking to a fixed view of a face to cyberpunk’s more realistically depicted conversations

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Mr Hootington posted:

Is cyberpunk actually fixed or all the morons just being morons?

It's pretty much the same, I don't even really get the idea that talents are fixed, theyr just laid out differently and diff things are OP and diff things are garbage.
So far it's mostly sidegrade for me and it runs worse despite me having a better gpu this time round

I haven't played the dlc tho and most of the new mechanics are in there.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I'm still playing it coz the gameplay is pretty fun still avoiding all the lame story and just doing sidegigs tho it's funny that witcher 3 was noted for it's great side missions and these are all just walk into a room kill everyone and pick something up then leave and a cop thanks you

As I booted up the game a bunch of civilian cars were all smashing into the same crane at the side of the road screaming "I've got a wife and kids!"

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Communist Thoughts posted:

As I booted up the game a bunch of civilian cars were all smashing into the same crane at the side of the road screaming "I've got a wife and kids!"

jealous ?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Communist Bear posted:

I'm playing Warframe. I'm sticking endos in my chakras.

When do I get a new frame?

you need to join the goon clan for free instant access for the dojo frames, otherwise grind bosses until you have all three blueprints

warframe goons will also shower you with gifts, they are good people

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

So while the new radiant quests are in the game, all they really involve (aside from the story associated with them that you eventually unlock) is driving a car someplace while either fighting off enemies, trying to keep your paintjob unblemished, or getting there on time. I would have liked a bigger assortment of quests such as sneaking into places I've already been to, smuggling items or taking out special targets. The rewards for the radiant quests are good but the variety isn't there.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

you need to join the goon clan for free instant access for the dojo frames, otherwise grind bosses until you have all three blueprints

Dang, one of those days I need to reinstall Warframe and experience all the new batshit insane story cutscenes they added since I quit.

I'm not even joking, I think it's one of my favorite settings. I don't think any other game does this specific flavor of mystical posthumanism so well. If only it was a single player game with actual good design behind it, lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Cyberpunk is the exact same game with a new perk tree. People are really overstating the impact of this patch

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
The patch changed a lot of the open world feel, like having npcs that fit better the environment and stuff it feels like on par with other games in the genre now

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Communist Thoughts posted:

It's pretty much the same, I don't even really get the idea that talents are fixed, theyr just laid out differently and diff things are OP and diff things are garbage.
So far it's mostly sidegrade for me and it runs worse despite me having a better gpu this time round

I haven't played the dlc tho and most of the new mechanics are in there.

DaysBefore posted:

Cyberpunk is the exact same game with a new perk tree. People are really overstating the impact of this patch

Thanks. Good to know it is still trash.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

post-release hype cycles

pink noise
Jun 24, 2022
lol i got cyberpunk installed kinda late last night, started right up, did the tutorial opening stuff. now it doesnt even make it to the seizure warning before it drops to desktop with a "cyberpunk flatlined send us a report" window.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1707002489566851491

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Honest Thief posted:

The patch changed a lot of the open world feel, like having npcs that fit better the environment and stuff it feels like on par with other games in the genre now

Cyberpunk has been properly beta tested and Starfield hasn't. That might be the core difference in the vague game-feel good vibes.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Oh hey at a party in Cyberpunk and a character straight up comments that the NCPD are a gang like any other, only they're listed on the stock exchange. Said by a spook no less.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I'm playing on console though. :ohdear:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

People saying that the only changes are skill tree are talking out of their rear end but the majority of the changes, like a system for cops responding to you, should have been in the game at release.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

seems like Cyberpunk is a real game now instead of a motely collection of mostly broken systems

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

DaysBefore posted:

wrong

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Communist Bear posted:

I'm playing on console though. :ohdear:

you gotta check the Games thread, but three years ago when I quit there were always console goons around

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

When you are driving the mini-map resizes based on your speed. Patch = gold.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
2.0 removed some dominant builds, like stealth pistols/rifles are completely gone and cyber wizards can't just delete everything, that alone makes it interesting

double jump into earthquake is my favorite right now

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Goa Tse-tung posted:

you gotta check the Games thread, but three years ago when I quit there were always console goons around

That was the thread where I had my interactions with Bust Rodd. He was normal there and that is why I understand smarxist rant about plinky

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

magiccarpet posted:

10/10

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Now I definitely know the game is still busted poo poo

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

you should try Cyberpunk, hoot, you will probably enjoy it

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
they call it gacha cause once you play they GOTCHA

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

magiccarpet posted:

wasn't this in gta THREE

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

ziasquinn posted:

wasn't this in gta THREE

the mini map has ray tracing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I'm right actually. Mad?