Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

rydiafan posted:

If the veggies were inside the tortilla this would basically be a standard "meat and potatoes" American meal in enchilada form. I'm not sure what it gains over just having the elements separate on a plate, but I can see the logic and with fresher ingredients it might be ok.

I agree, if he had used completely different ingredients and cooked it in a completely different way it could have been good. I mean, get rid of the wraps, and switch the mash for cubed potatoes and guy would have basically had a stew going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
as someone who does more hacked-together depression "meals" than I'd like to admit, I just felt this aching sadness where I was imploring him to treat himself at least a little bit better.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

zedprime posted:

It's just a leftovers casserole which are a lot like dicks because half of us have them and the only crime is sending them over internet when no one has asked for them.

The crime is not spicing the inside of the wraps.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Pogonodon posted:

This looks exactly like the bread from MREs. The texture is unpleasant and it tastes so bad.

This, except that mre bread is fine and people really poo poo on modern mres more than they deserve. They're better than a lot of what I ate as a poor kid, we always loved getting ahold of one, because they were a marked upgrade a lot of the time.

Given a choice between dollar store for and an mre, I know which one I'm talking every loving time.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

FFT posted:

You know what, I can appreciate someone doing this sort of thing and going "welp, that sucked but at least it was okay" instead of "mmmmmmmmm!!! i'm good at this!"

This is one of those ideas you have when drunk is turning to hangover. It's shameful but acceptable. What is not acceptable to film it and share it online.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/FootyScran/status/1707045508437467326
:effort:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's exactly what is says

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
reminds me of the eternal classic, Pasta and gently caress It by the esteemed chefs of the US Navy

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Is... is it bad to say I would absolutely cram that ball of congealed cheese and grease in my maw?

I might go see the next Cheltenham game.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

It looks like that bacon is just over the line into edibility, but goddamn is undercooked bacon some of the grossest poo poo. I prefer mine with some bend and chew to fully crisped, but I had a sandwich once with a huge mass of fatty underdone bacon and biting into that lard blob was absolutely disgusting.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

das hipster posted:

https://i.imgur.com/3YsyrfI.mp4

I bet this tastes like depression feels
i like when he sprinkles on the cigarette ashes

Pogonodon
Sep 10, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

This, except that mre bread is fine and people really poo poo on modern mres more than they deserve. They're better than a lot of what I ate as a poor kid, we always loved getting ahold of one, because they were a marked upgrade a lot of the time.

Given a choice between dollar store for and an mre, I know which one I'm talking every loving time.

The MRE bread tastes really weirdly bitter to me, but it's def miles better than any bread I've had from the dollar store. Somehow that poo poo is always tasteless but also absorbed the flavor of every scented candle and hand soap in the store.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ror posted:

It looks like that bacon is just over the line into edibility, but goddamn is undercooked bacon some of the grossest poo poo. I prefer mine with some bend and chew to fully crisped, but I had a sandwich once with a huge mass of fatty underdone bacon and biting into that lard blob was absolutely disgusting.

For some reason most of the UK seems allergic to doing more than steaming their bacon in its own water. I don't know why.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

OwlFancier posted:

For some reason most of the UK seems allergic to doing more than steaming their bacon in its own water. I don't know why.

As a general rule the further you are from London the better food gets. Crispier bacon, toast that isn't just warm bread, stronger tea, better chip shops.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

It's awful yet I've seen so far worse

I'd at least chuckle and then eat it all

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

As a general rule the further you are from London the better food gets. Crispier bacon, toast that isn't just warm bread, stronger tea, better chip shops.

I guess I have to move to kirkwall then because I have rarely been further south than york and the bacon is still usually dreadful.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I drink dill pickle juice instead of Gatorade when doing chores on a hot day, so I'm down for this.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

VictualSquid posted:

The crime is not spicing the inside of the wraps.
Fried rice is a spice.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://i.imgur.com/qGS6DRs.mp4

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

The antipode to London is off the coast of Waitingi, New Zealand, but I can't personally comment on how the food is there.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

My mom dices onions in her hand, but she's much tidier and more systematic than that. I used to do it, before my hands got too crippled to hold the onion still enough.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

President Trump?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Ror posted:

I love my bacon underdone and thick cut 😬

Not as bad as my driving instructor who would literally eat cold bacon rashers out of the packet like a loving psychopath. I get it's cured and technically safe to eat but jeepers creepers that's some Jeffery Dahmer poo poo.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Well I learned an interesting but ultimately pointless word today

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Charles Leclerc posted:

Not as bad as my driving instructor who would literally eat cold bacon rashers out of the packet like a loving psychopath. I get it's cured and technically safe to eat but jeepers creepers that's some Jeffery Dahmer poo poo.
Don't let him drag you down the diarrhea laden slippery slope. Cured does not mean safe to eat. There is all manner of filth that can be just waiting for a slightly less nitrogenated environment like your tummy. Especially when you have cured and uncooked like most common bacon. Cured and previously cooked, which bacon can be found as, is generally safe but recommended against for the immunocompromised without cooking a final time.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
If you eat enough of it your body adapts and you never get sick. Easy as.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

zedprime posted:

Don't let him drag you down the diarrhea laden slippery slope. Cured does not mean safe to eat. There is all manner of filth that can be just waiting for a slightly less nitrogenated environment like your tummy. Especially when you have cured and uncooked like most common bacon. Cured and previously cooked, which bacon can be found as, is generally safe but recommended against for the immunocompromised without cooking a final time.

Oh I've never ever been remotely tempted and this was like 15 years ago. Judging by his other habits he could quite conceivably have poo poo himself to death years ago, it just makes me laugh thinking of this rotund man scarfing down bacon straight out of the packet because cooking it for a few minutes is too much of an inconvenience.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

maybealabia posted:

Well I learned an interesting but ultimately pointless word today

I knew the word but until today I kinda thought it was an archaic fantasy word, spoken only by fictional hobbits

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Pogonodon posted:

This looks exactly like the bread from MREs. The texture is unpleasant and it tastes so bad.

Pogonodon posted:

The MRE bread tastes really weirdly bitter to me, but it's def miles better than any bread I've had from the dollar store. Somehow that poo poo is always tasteless but also absorbed the flavor of every scented candle and hand soap in the store.

bad enough you'd rather have a cold flour and water slurry? interested parties demand to know.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I knew the word but until today I kinda thought it was an archaic fantasy word, spoken only by fictional hobbits

BritishEnglish.txt

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

"And lashings of ginger beer!"

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

bacon, cheese, fries

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

By popular demand posted:

"And lashings of ginger beer!"

Oof, excellent

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Nameless Pete posted:

NASA spent millions developing a bread that works in space. The Soviets used a tortilla.

Tortillas still make crumbs. And that thing about the million dollar pens and soviets using pencils? loving pencil shavings, idiot.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Charles Leclerc posted:

that's like eating a raw chicken cutlet. eccchhhh :sickos:

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

https://packaged-media.redd.it/2jw9...0ec5128b8ea#t=0

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

I hope there was eventually some cooking that was going to be applied to that salt chicken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

is that it? it just stopped before she was finished preparing it