Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Voted for the king parrot cause the apostle bird was not available for voting on.
We have a family of king parrots that turn up semi regularly. During the fires we where leaving berries and bits of apple out for them.

Edit: The boobook was not available for voting. While I haven't seen one I hear one most nights at this time of year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Tawny frogmouth has been the runner up twice so they get my vote, they deserve to win!

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

another year of the masked lapwing being discriminated against for being dumb as gently caress and not in the running so i voted for the noble bush turkey, this is its year i can feel it

There are a family of these idiots who have taken up residence on one of the traffic islands in the main street of Ballarat. I always walk by there when walking the dog and never mind giving them a wide berth if they're feeling expansionist.

It's a shame they've already been eliminated. I really dig their vibe of belligerent stupidity.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

...they keep refusing the candidacy of grey butcherbird.

This is the true miscarriage of democracy though. The one that lives in our neighbourhood sings the first couple of bars of the Wallace and Gromit theme song.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
The masked lapwings at work like to set up on the rooves of different buildings. Sure works well in western Sydney where the temp is generally warm. Theres a pair that set up shop on the roof of the science block and will scream at you when you walk up the stairs.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

in other news i just realized the Stop Making Sense remaster has a cinema release date and im thinking about getting stoned for the first time since my bachelor party when i go see it

Bah, it looks like it's only showing at arthouse cinemas?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
ice cold drinks are the nectar of the gods

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
its a bad day to be a 5l camping bottle filled with solid tupperware blocks of ice and cold water

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Currently sitting on my deck watching the old neighbour water his grass as a storm approaches.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

its a completely clear day out at redcliffe when i heard on the radio that the m1 was closed due to flash flooding because of a thunderstorm god i dodged a bullet coming out here today

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Just had a bit of hail in the inner north so you might get a bit soon if you're lucky.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

hope not cause im headed to deception bay to do a big job

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Is it safe to remove Razer from my laptop?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Lolie posted:

Is it safe to remove Razer from my laptop?

i dont even know what it is, i had a razer mouse and it owned but i dont remember it having any proprietary software, do you know what its meant to do?

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

HazCat posted:

I'm in Williamstown today to (hopefully successfully) get my forklift licence, and I have made a friend.

He is extremely unimpressed that I won't share my crackers with him, and keeps gently cursing me under his breath :3:

That's the site super. Should have given him a cracker to get your certification.

Good luck though. Be one of us and be FORKLIFT CERTIFIED

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Whoforthenwhat posted:

That's the site super. Should have given him a cracker to get your certification.

Good luck though. Be one of us and be FORKLIFT CERTIFIED

I'm pretty sure bribing the super is a crime. Not certain though, 'cause that wasn't on the written assessment.

Also I passed and am now FORKLIFT CERTIFIED :cool:

Looking forward to going in on Monday and moving all the pallets one space to the left in the racking to make my boss feel insane get lots of extra practice.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

still a shortage on my adhd meds so thats cool as hell

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

still a shortage on my adhd meds so thats cool as hell

Vyvanse? Few mates struggling to get some n Sydney too.

I've been the dexy fairy to a lot of adhd patients lately.

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

No eastern osprey in the list so I must vote for one that makes an equally big fuckoff nest, the majestic scrub turkey.

Cheers to the long weekend and hoping for double Brisbane supremacy on the weekend

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

Somehow nailed my first job interview since moving back to Brisbane, for an entry level help desk role where I don't have any prior experience. Got an official call back with an offer a few hours later, time to escape job application hell before it has a chance to do any permanent damage.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Toast King posted:

Somehow nailed my first job interview since moving back to Brisbane, for an entry level help desk role where I don't have any prior experience. Got an official call back with an offer a few hours later, time to escape job application hell before it has a chance to do any permanent damage.

Grats, I hope it goes well!

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Toast King posted:

Grats :yotj:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i thought vynase was cold medicine

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you're in Victoria and near-ish the north side of Melbourne, or at least don't mind an excursion, do yourself a favour and go to Mr Nice Guy's Bake Shop in Ascot Vale. loving best cupcakes you'll ever have, and all it's all vegan. They've got a good general allergen-free selection of baked goods too.

I am currently enjoying a choc walnut cookie the size of my hand.

I go there all the time, it's excellent.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
they need to bring back the tiny windows in trains that you could open for a breeze or have the air conditioning above the whisper setting

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Buck Turgidson posted:

I go there all the time, it's excellent.

One thing I did discover the fun way is that the blue food dye in the icing of their cookie monster cupcakes is very... persistent. I looked like I'd been huffing paint after eating one. Was very tasty though.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

gently caress windows i miss catching a trainand walking between carriages to see someone smoking an orchy bong in the between area

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

i dont even know what it is, i had a razer mouse and it owned but i dont remember it having any proprietary software, do you know what its meant to do?

Google wasn't very helpful about what it's supposed to do other than it being desirable for gaming.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Safe to remove unless you're doing something advanced with lights or customisation

It's lights and custom poo poo like making the "w" key on your keyboard run a tiny macro instead of being W, or maybe potentially running fingerprint scanners or some poo poo, but 99% of what services can do is covered by the default windows drivers.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

G-Spot Run posted:

Safe to remove unless you're doing something advanced with lights or customisation

It's lights and custom poo poo like making the "w" key on your keyboard run a tiny macro instead of being W, or maybe potentially running fingerprint scanners or some poo poo, but 99% of what services can do is covered by the default windows drivers.

Definitely not doing any of that. Thank you.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Remember that double demerits are in force.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you karate chop a cop they legally can't give you a ticket

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Magpies are in my hanging baskets taking the coconut fibre. Apparently they think they need to make more nests. Time to prune the lavender. They love taking lavender prunings for their nests.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Lolie posted:

Magpies are in my hanging baskets taking the coconut fibre. Apparently they think they need to make more nests. Time to prune the lavender. They love taking lavender prunings for their nests.
code:

Magpies 

are in my hanging baskets
 taking the coconut fibre.  

Apparently 
they 
think 

they need to make more nests.  

Time to prune the lavender. 

They love taking lavender prunings 

for

their 

nests.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I think there was a magpie kerfuffle on my lawn this morning as there was a few black and white feathers

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

just drove past an all out magpie brawl, 4 grown as adults going at each other

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Non Compos Mentis posted:

i thought vynase was cold medicine

it kind of is?

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

just drove past an all out magpie brawl, 4 grown as adults going at each other

I have one mob which hangs out in the front of my house and another that hangs out around the back. All hell breaks loose if one strays into the territory of the other mob.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Commbank wants to verify my ID. I have to take my ID into a branch because the answers I gave to the verification questions don't match what they have on record. One account is at least 40 years old and the other at least 30. I have no idea which specific ID I gave them when I opened the accounts. Some have my middle initial and others have my full name and I guarantee that's the issue.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

HazCat posted:

I'm in Williamstown today to (hopefully successfully) get my forklift licence, and I have made a friend.

He is extremely unimpressed that I won't share my crackers with him, and keeps gently cursing me under his breath :3:

vote for the australian raven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Voted for the powerful owl today because it needed some love