Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So I'm just coming back to the game now, after a long hiatus post launch. I'm at level 3,077 so I am not 'new' but rather back and don't know the meta at all.

From what I gathered, updating my Death deck slightly seems to have 'fixed' it. Removing Red Hood helped Knull a LOT!

quote:

(1) Deadpool
(1) Nova
(1) Yondu
(2) Bucky Barnes
(2) Carnage
(2) Wolverine
(3) Killmonger
(3) Venom
(3) Deathlok
(4) Shang-Chi
(6) Knull
(8) Death

Anyone have any other suggestions for switching out? I want to get X-23, and have close to the number of tokens needed for a new Series 5, but I've been messing around the last day or two and I'm not that lucky. Unless it was a newer card and I'll be waiting a while for it to come back around post-season pass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

now you can just put galactus in Cerebro-5 with alioth and it's like the patch never happened

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist

Wafflecop posted:

Got Silver Surfer finally woo! Same day I sent them a bug ticket about him not showing up... Now trying to figure out my Negative Surfer deck

With so much Moebius around, Negative seems like a dangerous proposition…

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Walla posted:

poo poo patch. I was going to wait and see if they change Chavez, and how. Enjoy your Alioth meta for the next few months until they finally fix him. I'm done.

I don't think they can make big changes to card mechanics in OTA patches. They can only fiddle with the numbers.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Anyone have any other suggestions for switching out? I want to get X-23, and have close to the number of tokens needed for a new Series 5, but I've been messing around the last day or two and I'm not that lucky. Unless it was a newer card and I'll be waiting a while for it to come back around post-season pass?

X-23 is coming up in a Spotlight Cache in a few weeks if you don’t mind waiting. It’ll save you the tokens.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Doobie Keebler posted:

X-23 is coming up in a Spotlight Cache in a few weeks if you don’t mind waiting. It’ll save you the tokens.

X-23 is also this coming week. I'm hoping to pull her so I can get the variant later on.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

y_y posted:

I don't think he effects negative unless you mean, it stops you from playing negative turn three, which I guess is true but pretty rare to begin with.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Negative's effect counts as lowering your cost, right?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

GarudaPrime posted:

I don't think he effects negative unless you mean, it stops you from playing negative turn three, which I guess is true but pretty rare to begin with.

Mobius prevents the energy discount part of Negative. So a Knull becomes a 0/6, but then when it enters your hand it becomes a 6/6.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Pumping the lane with something that's gonna get destroyed doesn't seem like the best plan

The plan is to make sure Galactus can single-handedly take the lane. Losing the pump cards doesn't matter if he's still followed by Alioth.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

FireWorksWell posted:

X-23 is also this coming week. I'm hoping to pull her so I can get the variant later on.

Oh whoops, thanks for that correction. I’m trying to get it too and might have missed it.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

FireWorksWell posted:

I'm curious if you're talking about this bit:

Doobie Keebler posted:

So does this mean that I should be trying to upgrade my level to the Spotlight cache ASAP, then stop upgrading until the cache updates, and crack it then???

The whole spotlight cache is actually new to me. When I quit the Token system was JUST implemented, yet I have ~5k.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Drowning Rabbit posted:

So does this mean that I should be trying to upgrade my level to the Spotlight cache ASAP, then stop upgrading until the cache updates, and crack it then???

The whole spotlight cache is actually new to me. When I quit the Token system was JUST implemented, yet I have ~5k.

You can keep upgrading your collection level, just don't click the purple caches when you aren't trying to roll any of the spotlights foe the week.

That poster was talking about saving four caches for the x-23 availability in November, but they didn't know there was also a window this coming week.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I don't like nerfs as a general principle so this OTA sucks.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Pumping the lane with something that's gonna get destroyed doesn't seem like the best plan

Can confirm it is not. Forge works okay though.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Red posted:

The plan is to make sure Galactus can single-handedly take the lane. Losing the pump cards doesn't matter if he's still followed by Alioth.

It kind of matters if you lose priority on the Alioth turn. That gives your opponent the opportunity to drop Cosmo, Armor, or counter-Alioth you.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Sandwolf posted:

Mobius prevents the energy discount part of Negative. So a Knull becomes a 0/6, but then when it enters your hand it becomes a 6/6.

Interesting, I never thought of Negative as a discount I just assumed he was changing the cost. I guess it makes sense because if you flip a 1 power card with negative, it doesn't die to killmonger.

Also people saying the Snowguard change rational seemed off are correct:
Glen posted this to discord
"These notes didn't communicate our rationale well, which I take responsibility for. The issue with Snowguard was that the "floor" of the card, its lowest strength level, was too high. The card will be strong in Loki decks either way, but we'd like the non-Loki Snowguards to be the correct rate. We believe this card is still strong enough to play in decks.

In addition, as cited, we have some other changes coming that Snowguard was overlapping with. So the change was also motivated by wanting to create a fun range of options for cards that add other cards to your hand, which means we don't want one of them to be dramatically stronger than the rest."

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 28, 2023

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Mushrooman posted:

Can confirm it is not. Forge works okay though.

I think the resolution works out, though, right? It calculates whether Galacus wins the lane, then destroys the other locations.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Dan Hipp Mobius might be my favorite card. I never ever buy shop variants, but this one is seeing play in every single deck.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

FireWorksWell posted:

You can keep upgrading your collection level, just don't click the purple caches when you aren't trying to roll any of the spotlights foe the week.

That poster was talking about saving four caches for the x-23 availability in November, but they didn't know there was also a window this coming week.

Well drat, didn't know the spotlight chest generates on open, not on unlock. Games like hearthstone and wow do the opposite if I recall.

I only unlocked one spotlight since playing again, hopefully I have another soon!!

Devo posted:

Dan Hipp Mobius might be my favorite card. I never ever buy shop variants, but this one is seeing play in every single deck.

My shop had baby venom variant. First I've bought in a long time!

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Well drat, didn't know the spotlight chest generates on open, not on unlock. Games like hearthstone and wow do the opposite if I recall.

I only unlocked one spotlight since playing again, hopefully I have another soon!!

My shop had baby venom variant. First I've bought in a long time!

I think baby venom is my favorite baby variant, with baby galactic close behind

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Baby Venom and Baby Shuri are the only baby variants I play. S tier for sure.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Galactus is pretty bad with Alioth around if you lose priority after playing Galactus, seems like it might go away other than Forge

Still gonna try for an iron fist -> Shuri -> Galactus line that’ll work like 1 in 30 games

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Devo posted:

Baby Venom and Baby Shuri are the only baby variants I play. S tier for sure.

What about Jeff?

(:sax: Ba-by shark :v:)

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Quackles posted:

What about Jeff?

I don't think that one exists yet

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

y_y posted:

Definitely but I have been utterly negative-pilled for a couple of months now. Keeping Rogue in my decks for protection.

Also there's still benefit in swapping, say, Iron Man to have 5 power even if Mobius puts his cost back to 5. Might try for Echo when she comes up in spotlight soon, I'm hoarding for the first time ever since I already had HEvo and Kang (and next week or two aren't great for me either).

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
The patriot lad deck on snapzone absolutely slaps and didn't get hit by the nerfs at all or mobius, may even sub in squirrel girl depending on how bad chavez is nerfed

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 29, 2023

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Why would Chavez need a nerf?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Why would Chavez need a nerf?

People are using her just to deck-thin

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Quackles posted:

People are using her just to deck-thin

Which we've all been doing since beta

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice

hanyolo posted:

The patriot lad deck on snapzone absolutely slaps and didn't get hit by the nerfs at all or mobius, may even sub in squirrel girl depending on how bad chavez is nerfed

Link or code please.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Here's a quick explanation of spotlight caches

After you pass Collection Level (CL) 500, Spotlight Caches will replace Collector’s Caches and Reserves every 120 CL. Thus, every 10 chests will become a Spotlight Cache.

Every week the Spotlight Cache will contain 4 possible rewards.

The new card of the week
Existing Series 4/5 Card
Existing Series 4/5 Card
Random Series 4/5 Card (If the random card is already owned, it will convert to 1000 Collector’s Tokens)

Here's what's in this week's cache and what's coming up in the future.

If you're playing and doing daily missions you should get four spotlight caches per season. I save them until I want a card. You can keep opening the regular caches in the meantime. Just be careful scrolling because it's really easy to open a spotlight cache by mistake.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
Spotlight caches are always on the right hand side of your collection track so if you are hoarding you can scroll on the left hand side of your screen.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Mushrooman posted:

Spotlight caches are always on the right hand side of your collection track so if you are hoarding you can scroll on the left hand side of your screen.

On the collection track screen, you can tap the green jewel indicating your current Collection Level to jump straight to your latest rewards!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Quackles posted:

What about Jeff?

every jeff card is a baby card

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I feel a way to fix Ailoth would be to make him less energy, but a rules in place that it can't be used on the last turn and can't be abused.

Something like 4 Energy, 2 Power, On Reveal: Destroy ALL enemy cards played in this location (including unrevealed ones). This can only trigger once and cannot be played on the last turn (Applies for TVA and Limbo)

However, that just getting into wall of text cards and those are annoying to deal with.

I feel like there should be a mechanic added for future cards with strong abilities but silences them after played to avoid a repeated effect.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
make alioth zero power

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Alioth should destroy all cards played that turn, yours or your opponent's

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Waffleopolis posted:

I feel a way to fix Ailoth would be to make him less energy, but a rules in place that it can't be used on the last turn and can't be abused.

The devs said they intended this, though:

Glenn posted:

One of the goals in creating Alioth was to encourage players to "attack" and want to reveal first in competitive play. Too many decks revolved around revealing last on turn 6, whether to present your counterplay or be immune to your opponent's, so we wanted a card that added tension to that situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

bowmore posted:

make alioth zero power

This is also acceptable. I just wish there was a card like Klaw that worked on the left side.