Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Red posted:

Alioth should destroy all cards played that turn, yours or your opponent's

On all lanes? That’d be the most broken card ever

Alioth is probably fine with one less power now that Galactus is dumpstered, he’s nowhere near as bad as Leader/Aero were in their prime

I like the idea of a card that punishes not having priority, too many decks want to go last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Psikotik posted:

Link or code please.

# (2) Forge
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (3) Patriot
# (3) Brood
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (4) Absorbing Man
# (4) Iron Lad
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (6) Alioth
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) America Chavez
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRm9yZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1yU2luaXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlBhdHJpb3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJyb29kIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaWx2ZXJTdXJmZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFic29yYmluZ01hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbkxhZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSXJvbk1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmx1ZU1hcnZlbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWxpb3RoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEckRvb20ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Even some decks that go first won't have an advantage vs Alioth - My Death Knull deck gets eaten up if we are contesting the last lane. Surfer deck does okay if it's just Surfer in that lane but sometimes I'm putting Mystique down too to copy Blue Marvel or a late Patriot.

Maybe I just need to start putting Cosmo/Armor in more decks

AloePieceOfShit
Jan 26, 2020
It's not too difficult to beat Alioth, but his presence does make the game feel 5 turns instead of 6 alot of the time.

Also, besides Loki, the decks feel the same as last month. Hopefully next month has more interesting card releases to build decks around.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nybble posted:

Maybe I just need to start putting Cosmo/Armor in more decks
maybe so, maybe so

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Waffleopolis posted:

This is also acceptable. I just wish there was a card like Klaw that worked on the left side.

Klaw should wrap around so if you play him on the right he gives +6 to the left.

(And Sentry should be unplayable in the middle only and stick the void opposite whichever.)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Wow this looks terrible

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

wyoak posted:

On all lanes? That’d be the most broken card ever

Alioth is probably fine with one less power now that Galactus is dumpstered, he’s nowhere near as bad as Leader/Aero were in their prime

I like the idea of a card that punishes not having priority, too many decks want to go last

No, it should still work in just the one lane.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Bought the new bundle with a 70% discount from Google Play credit. Still sucks that you can't use the $1/$2 vouchers from Play Points with Play Credit in the same transaction. You also can't use more than one voucher at a time.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

victorious posted:

Bought the new bundle with a 70% discount from Google Play credit. Still sucks that you can't use the $1/$2 vouchers from Play Points with Play Credit in the same transaction. You also can't use more than one voucher at a time.

I bought a coupon for snap and then some Google Play credit thinking you could apply it wherever but I was wrong :(

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
Wtf, is Sunspot meant to not work on Dark Dimension?? He was the only card I played on T7 (and was negged) so should've gone up to 8 power and won me this game

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Wafflecop posted:

Wtf, is Sunspot meant to not work on Dark Dimension?? He was the only card I played on T7 (and was negged) so should've gone up to 8 power and won me this game

Card text doesn't really do anything until the card is revealed.

Edit: With the exception of cards that do something at the beginning of the match like Quicksilver, Chavez, Agatha, Thanos, etc.

BoldFace fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Sep 29, 2023

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Yeah, end of turn effects do not go off after the end of the game, which is when Dark Dimension reveals cards.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Will Dracula work in dark dimension?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Will Dracula work in dark dimension?

Yes. Dark Dimension reveals all the cards before end of game activations happen. That's just after the last set of end of turn activations happen, which is why Sunspot doesn't gain power, Attuma isn't destroyed if he's not alone, and so on.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Wafflecop posted:

When you use Dark Dimension, cards don't go off until they flip. The only way to circumvent that is to move a card there that's already flipped. It'd be nice if Sunspot built up his power in secret, but he can't if he hasn't flipped over and revealed.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Lost with a HE hulk the same way and was quite pissed.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
Ok I understand but still think it's bullshit, lesson learned and another one for that big list of surprising interactions (that was a great list, should be in the OP if not already). I wouldn't expect him to build up on previous turns but he should still get the power from that final turn imo

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Jedit posted:

Yes. Dark Dimension reveals all the cards before end of game activations happen. That's just after the last set of end of turn activations happen, which is why Sunspot doesn't gain power, Attuma isn't destroyed if he's not alone, and so on.

So you couldn't hit Dracula with Shang chi behind invisible woman?

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Snazzy Frocks posted:

So you couldn't hit Dracula with Shang chi behind invisible woman?

It can hit but it can also miss and I can't remember if it's based on priority or order played.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Dracula always goes off last so Shang is not a viable counter

I think the only counter is Lady Deathstrike

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Dracula will never activate before Shang Chi fires.

The last turn's "end of turn" effects fire (Sunspot, Attuma), then "end of game" starts by resolving Invisible Woman and Dark Dimension, then the "at end of game" effects fire in order revealed (Captain Marvel, Mysterio, Dracula). And then at the very end should be M'Baku popping out.

If I'm wrong on that last one and you've seen Captain Marvel move after M'Baku leapt to the board, please correct me.

Vanilla Bison fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 29, 2023

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
New developer update
https://youtu.be/fXYOq2xmPRU

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
They made Elsa an ongoing card, which makes it much easier to counter.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

BoldFace posted:

They made Elsa an ongoing card, which makes it much easier to counter.

Also means it can be Mystique’d, Onslaught’d, which is kinda cool

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Just had the strangest bug and I can't for the life of me figure out why. I was on the PC version, layout was Avengers Compound, Gamma Lab, and Cloning Vats. I duped Kitty and was playing both on Avengers Compound on 5 to buff an Angela. For some reason one Kitty came back and the other stuck there for like a solid 60 seconds. Both the other player and I were sending "What just happened?" emotes wondering what the gently caress was going on. When it came back to my hand, it kept spamming "Can't Do" in a little word bubble above it over and over and over all throughout turn 6. Then at the end of the game I got stuck on the Boosters screen and had to force-quit the game. Very odd.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Werewolf By Night seems like a strong card

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

with the latest patch changes, which deck is cool and good and fun to play?

my stand-by sera shadow's taken a hit with these Pryde and Snowguard nerfs

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Maybe this will give enough of an interest boost to get a Midnight Suns sequel :kiddo:

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Sep 29, 2023

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

I am assuming that Elsa won’t buff cards that generate things, ie. Doom, Squirrel Girl, Shana, etc. since the extra cards aren’t “played”.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

I am assuming that Elsa won’t buff cards that generate things, ie. Doom, Squirrel Girl, Shana, etc. since the extra cards aren’t “played”.

She will still work with Mysterio, which means that Hitmonkey decks will have an absolutely bonkers sixth turns soon.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Yeah there was a dev answer in the discord about this, only the card that's played will get the buff, even something like Mysterio

quote:

Here’s an example scenario: I have 2 cards in every location (One of them is Elsa). If I play Squirrel Girl middle, and then also play a Mysterio, will only the middle Mysterio get her buff or will all 3? The other 2 Mysterios are in the 3rd slot, but technically are the last cards resolved at the location.

------

Replied to by @Glenn:
Correct, only the middle Mysterio would receive a buff in this case. Elsa's timing window is the same as Hawkeye, Shuri, etc. and checks before cards are revealed.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

BoldFace posted:

She will still work with Mysterio, which means that Hitmonkey decks will have an absolutely bonkers sixth turns soon.

Only the Mysterio actually played gets the buff based on a recent team answer

e: maybe I’m wrong, the above team answer is ambiguous on it

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

Only the Mysterio actually played gets the buff based on a recent team answer

e: maybe I’m wrong, the above team answer is ambiguous on it

The way I read it is that it's possible for all the three Mysterios to get the buff, but the locations have to be full at the start of the turn. In the mentioned scenario, two of the locations won't be full until Squirrel Girl is revealed and her tokens added to those locations, which means that those Mysterios won't get the +3.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/MarvelSnapBugle/status/1707818782062772626

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

BoldFace posted:

The way I read it is that it's possible for all the three Mysterios to get the buff, but the locations have to be full at the start of the turn. In the mentioned scenario, two of the locations won't be full until Squirrel Girl is revealed and her tokens added to those locations, which means that those Mysterios won't get the +3.

Pretty sure it's this. Mysterios, which are technically all played, fill the 3rd spots on two lanes and the squirrels which aren't played fill the 4th spots and aren't buffed. A situation where all three lanes have 3 cards and mysterios played last would result in all 3 buffed

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

The developer updates are pretty silly, I’ve only watched the Loki one and this current one, but they’re cheesy and silly in a good way.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Wait, nevermind.
https://twitter.com/MarvelSnapBugle/status/1707843300625895912

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I finally got a High Evolutionary of my very own, and took it out for a spin for half a dozen games using a Shenaut list. Feeling a bit vindicated that this feels just as unfair from the winning side as it does from the losing side, but it turns out 8-cubers are a good remedy for a guilty conscience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I only had 3 caches to roll for High Evo and I failed, feels bad