Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Poppers posted:

I gently caress children lol!!! Just a funny way of rolling with the punches I just thought of :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Poppers posted:

I gently caress children lol!!! Just a funny way of rolling with the punches I just thought of :)

frisco ftw!!!!

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
San Francisco is about to be great

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

They should film the Dredd sequel on location here if they don't have the money to build sets or fly in / hire extras

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

mark immune posted:

San Francisco is about to be great

bipartisanship ftw

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
i've lived in san francisco for >9 years. moved here from denver because my wife finished her masters and during that time had been subletting her apartment out to her cousin and her cousin was about to move out so we had to decide whether i should quit my job and we both move to san francisco with no jobs or to find a place together in denver, and SF has a constant shortage of teachers so she was able to immediately find a job out here, so i quit and we moved here and it's a nice town. doesn't hurt that my industry (rooftop solar) is more established here either. san francisco is good.

fermun has issued a correction as of 05:54 on Sep 29, 2023

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

what is the best rooftop solar company? they all want a roof for 30 years

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I honestly hate that I moved to Seattle, its nothing close to SF besides the nature/hiking

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

BONGHITZ posted:

what is the best rooftop solar company? they all want a roof for 30 years

if they're asking to own your roof and you pay them for a long period of time, that's a scam, but it might be better than PG&E, lol.

also, rooftop solar is one of the only trades that is just totally non-union, which sucks poo poo, but at least california is starting to work on that. commercial rooftop solar will start to be union Prevailing Wage in the next year by california law, which will hopefully result in industry-wide unionization and increased wages.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

fermun posted:

i've lived in san francisco for >9 years. moved here from denver
have you been back since? it is wildly different downtown

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

The only cool and good places to live are towns of maybe 50 people where you get ALL your food from the gas station.

body by nacho cheese

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010
FYI the only good residential areas in the united states are those fake plywood towns they used for nuclear testing. the rest of the nation should adopt a similarly radical plan for urban renewal

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Diane Feinstein dead. San Francisco ftw

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

congrats to senator breed

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Everythings coming up frisco

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

wow i just realized nobody has made a beach themed bar in san francisco called sand francisco so i take back anything nice i may have said about the town

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Senator Barbara Freaking Lee much???

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Hatebag posted:

wow i just realized nobody has made a beach themed bar in san francisco called sand francisco so i take back anything nice i may have said about the town

The Tonga Room has been open for decades

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

The Tonga Room has been open for decades

i haven't been there. looks pretty cool for a hotel bar. one time i went to smuggler's cove during santacon, presumably because I was trying to find the most annoying person in the world

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Most places have mirrors

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
I went to san francisco and pissed on the streets to celebrate local culture.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

LuxuryLarva posted:

I went to san francisco and pissed on the streets to celebrate local culture.

just make sure you're not walking around wearing flip flops when participating in local culture or the needles will getcha

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.

Gresh posted:

just make sure you're not walking around wearing flip flops when participating in local culture or the needles will getcha

I'm from San Jose not Marin.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Diane Feinstein dead. San Francisco ftw
https://x.com/AnarchyApe/status/1707815917411860884?s=20

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/RedScarlet_Red/status/1707807726527496281

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

lol Bernie

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Any place in the world: "Yeah it's cool."

Texans: *Frothing in rage*

Did you not see my Maryland supremacy post.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

You know how everybody hates Nancy Pelosi, and just sort of leaks their impotent rage onto the whole of California.

Guess where she is from.

California can't have anything nice.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
more like die-anne :D

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

You know how everybody hates Nancy Pelosi, and just sort of leaks their impotent rage onto the whole of California.

Guess where she is from.

California can't have anything nice.

baltimore is its own beast. Mocopgcounty 4 lyf, catch me w that 301 240

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

baltimore is its own beast. Mocopgcounty 4 lyf

lmao moco is just a strip mall white flight suburb. viva applebees bitch

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

baltimore is its own beast. Mocopgcounty 4 lyf, catch me w that 301 240

Your state's GDP isn't big enough for anybody to care about your insignificant cultural divisions.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

gah

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

90% of the crabs sold in maryland are imported because they hosed up the chesapeake so bad

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

I fucxing love Twittar

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Poppers posted:

I fucxing love Twittar

change those vowels around, i dare yuo

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Hatebag posted:

lmao moco is just a strip mall white flight suburb. viva applebees bitch

It's one of the most diverse counties in the u.s.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

the only reason it's not all farms is whites fleeing dc in the 40s/50s/60s. pg county also had a bunch of white flight outta dc but then they flew again to more rural areas lol. it's just sprawl trash for people commuting into dc to help the us government murder and enslave people

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

TenementFunster posted:

have you been back since? it is wildly different downtown

nope, but i've heard from the few people i still keep in contact with about how different it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Hatebag posted:

the only reason it's not all farms is whites fleeing dc in the 40s/50s/60s. pg county also had a bunch of white flight outta dc but then they flew again to more rural areas lol. it's just sprawl trash for people commuting into dc to help the us government murder and enslave people

Doesn't change the fact

(And all of the USA can be blamed for helping the US govt enslave and murder people, MD at least has some of the best educational, housing, medical prospects for black people + others--hell of a lot better than anything you'd find in CA, plus our flag fucks)