Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
ugh double post

silicone thrills has issued a correction as of 02:10 on Sep 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Too Many Birds posted:

not confrontational at all, genuine curiosity as to why, if either of you feel comfortable elaborating.

the mRNA vax def hits me different than other vaccines. but i have to factor in how much of that is possibly vibes based.

My side effects were really bad. the first shot I got really bad vertigo for a day. Couldn't walk through my house with out holding walls. Second shot was that + a high fever. 3rd shot I switched to moderna and had that + hallucinating + I got hives and a plate sized giant red mark on my arm for 7 days that itched and hurt like a bitch.

With the ramping side effects for me I just don't feel like its literally safe for me to risk it again and i'd rather roll the dice on a new shot.

Also every single shot moved my period by at least a week and it was very unpleasant.

to be clear - i've never had anything this bad with any other shot in my life. I usually get the flu shot every year and ill feel run down for a day but not horrible. No hives. No hallucinations. No weird period poo poo.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Too Many Birds posted:

not confrontational at all, genuine curiosity as to why, if either of you feel comfortable elaborating.

the mRNA vax def hits me different than other vaccines. but i have to factor in how much of that is possibly vibes based.

No vibes, I've just had side effects that last for well over half a year and have never caught covid, so it seems to me that I'm just injecting post-COVID sequelae straight into my body instead of getting it the natural way. I've had four shots so I'm not covid-naive, and hopefully that's enough to keep me from outright dying I guess? I need a vaccine that is not so reactogenic because I'm still not 100% back to normal on my right side after my pfizer shot over a year ago. And Moderna was worse! I'm not excited about guaranteeing another year of rehabilitation in the gym so I have to wait. I'm not even excited about novavax. Before these shots I had never had a vaccine reaction in my life and I've received the flu shot every year since the swine flu outbreak.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

thanks for sharing.

and to be clear: i meant that my post vax symptoms were possibly vibe based/psychosomatic. mainly the biggest thing was heart palpitations but that could just be my anxiety.

been thinking about waiting to get juiced mid-october as well. so i'm willing to wait for novavax if we get it by then. but with gov shutdown i don't know how any of this poo poo is gonna play out.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

There's a possibility I might have to have minor surgery so if that gets scheduled before the novavax comes out I'll just get another mrna shot. Otherwise I'm happy to trust my mask for the biweekly-ish grocery trip and the occasional doctor appointment which is the extent of my leaving my house.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
The first moderna shot left me with a horrible headache that lasted a week and slowly waned over that time. Then I had a dentist appointment where I needed a small injection of novacaine into my gums and after that tiny injection the headache came roaring back and my whole jaw ached for another week. My period permanently shortened to a maddening 21 days instead of the only mildly maddening 24 it used to be. Second moderna had my left shoulder completely hosed for months. Third moderna hosed my shoulder AGAIN and was the one that gave me such terrible gas I was seriously afraid I would rupture something. I switched to pfizer hoping it would be less brutal and it was...initially. I put it in my right shoulder since I didn't want to gently caress up the left one again, but this time there was a soreness in my right arm that slowly got better over two weeks and then got much, much worse, spread to an old hip injury (ancient deep tear from doing the splits too hard in college) and then migrated down to my ankle and throbbed every night for six months. My hip is still fucky and my right leg is much wobblier than my left but I don't wake up in the middle of the night any more with a deep throbbing ache no OTC pill can touch, so that's an improvement! Whatever is happening with the mrna shot, it's causing a serious reaction that seems to be self-sustaining in me, and I don't think that's very healthy.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The one thing I know happens for sure off the shots is that my armpit lymph node on the injection arm is swollen for an extended period every time.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Too Many Birds posted:

I'm not either of those posters, but I'm also a little less than enthusiastic with the mrna boosters at this point. I get absolutely hosed up for multiple days at a time when I get one, and each shot seems to ramp things up a little. "Haul my rear end across town so I can get sick for three days, maybe more so than last time" is already a very difficult proposition to get excited for, but I also got laid off pretty recently here, so we now have to add "and hope they don't try to charge me two hundred bucks for the privilege" on there.

I don't know, I'll do the mRNA again if absolutely nothing else is coming, but right now I'm just not super fired up about the whole proposition and feel like I have the option of waiting for a bit. As to the money problem, I'm aware of the bridge program, but I don't know who else is, and I figure the odds of that becoming common knowledge go up with time.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Why Am I So Tired posted:

More young, healthy people should not be flying because we're in an escalating, unchecked airborne pandemic.

yes and also we should probably just kinda all stop flying if avoidable >_>

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Soap Scum posted:

yes and also we should probably just kinda all stop flying if avoidable >_>

Not least because repeated viral hotboxing may be melting the brains of the air tower folks.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

It’s tough because the side effect story for mRNA really is a lot different than your typical flu shot, so I can definitely understand not wanting to get more. Especially for females and it messing with your cycle, that has to be scary.

I wasn’t really scared of side effects but I never got another shot after the original boosters were offered because I knew I could control exposure with masking and social distancing as my kid stayed home.

I’m sounding like a broken record with my previous posts, but I was basically spooked by my brother having an absolutely terrible week of COVID a few weeks ago and the fact that I have to travel soon for work - figured I’d get the booster.

So far random aches and pains and tiredness but I definitely feel it for longer and in more places than my last 3, and this morning had periods of like nausea and dizziness that went away but were a little disconcerting. I know COVID could easily be all that + congestion + sore throat so bad I can’t swallow + potential long term complications, but it is weird the headspace I get into when I know I chose the booster and it didn’t have to happen.

Anyways, don’t think I’ll get a 5th as I’ll likely get COVID on the next couple months and then be exposed every year cuz kids

Crazyweasel has issued a correction as of 04:19 on Sep 30, 2023

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.
mRNA was touted as a miracle vaccine we could update within 3 months for a variant. turns out that’s a bunch of malarkey.

the efficacy is no better
it’s not updated in 3 months
it has wild side effects. I’m not talking about clots and myocarditis and other fringe stuff. it measurably fucks with the menstrual cycle, lymph nodes, heart rates.

but the fact that congress invested in Pfizer and to a lesser extent Moderna, means were slow rolling all other vaccines.

I’m sure this borders on conspiracy theory, but I’m still getting another Pfizer shot on Monday because I have no other option. just wish I did and it’s frustrating.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
mRNA shots *could* be updated frequently but aren't because there's no political will/demand to get the necessary infrastructure in place. Regardless, I scheduled my mRNA booster for Wednesday. Wife hopes to get hers on Monday. Seems impossible to find shots for our 2-year-old though.

Oh yeah and my parents have definitely been lying to us about their masking and dining indoors, so that's super. :coronatoot:

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

shazbot posted:

mRNA was touted as a miracle vaccine we could update within 3 months for a variant. turns out that’s a bunch of malarkey.

it has wild side effects. I’m not talking about clots and myocarditis and other fringe stuff. it measurably fucks with the menstrual cycle, lymph nodes, heart rates.

but the fact that congress invested in Pfizer and to a lesser extent Moderna, means were slow rolling all other vaccines.

I’m sure this borders on conspiracy theory, but I’m still getting another Pfizer shot on Monday because I have no other option. just wish I did and it’s frustrating.

IIRC they said 6 weeks

lol

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004
Y'all taking a daily low dose aspirin? I hope so.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

RandomBlue posted:

IIRC they said 6 weeks

lol

our antibody platform went from immune cell to first human dose in 57 days on the first attempt

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004
I don't think I've ever posted this, but it may be time to share since we're talking about mRNA vax side effects. When my wife got her primary series of Pfizer back in 2021, she became debilitatingly obsessed with intrusive thoughts about the past. She spiraled into a deep depression. She was bedridden for 4 months. She started declining a few days after her first Pfizer dose. She did get her second dose, but it wasn't easy. A year on Zoloft helped immensely After a year on Zoloft and after moving to a different state she improved dramatically. She's mostly recovered from that, but still has the occasional bout of obsessing and struggling with intrusive thoughts when going through stressful periods of time.

Despite what we think is a pretty clear connection to the Pfizer vax, we have each had 5 doses and just had our Moderna XBB1.5 shots, because we don't want to die from COVID. The third, forth, and fifth Pfizers did not affect her in the same way or cause her to relapse.

So yeah. I think the mRNA vaccines are not perfect (I struggles here trying to find he right adjective, but it's hard) but there is no other option right now (and mRNA has been the only option if you're a child).

Edit: I hadn't shared this before because it's so easy for someone to only read the part where I articulate the struggle an mRNA vaccine caused my family and overlook the part where I'd still choose it over risking death from COVID. Thread regulars know I'm a comrade, I'm about that P100 lifestyle, and I gently caress hard with vaccines.

Woodsy Owl has issued a correction as of 05:06 on Sep 30, 2023

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

Woodsy Owl posted:

I don't think I've ever posted this, but it may be time to share since we're talking about mRNA vax side effects. When my wife got her primary series of Pfizer back in 2021, she became debilitatingly obsessed with intrusive thoughts about the past. She spiraled into a deep depression. She was bedridden for 4 months. She started declining a few days after her first Pfizer dose. She did get her second dose, but it wasn't easy. A year on Zoloft helped immensely After a year on Zoloft and after moving to a different state she improved dramatically. She's mostly recovered from that, but still has the occasional bout of obsessing and struggling with intrusive thoughts when going through stressful periods of time.

Despite what we think is a pretty clear connection to the Pfizer vax, we have each had 5 doses and just had our Moderna XBB1.5 shots, because we don't want to die from COVID. The third, forth, and fifth Pfizers did not affect her in the same way or cause her to relapse.

So yeah. I think the mRNA vaccines are not perfect (I struggles here trying to find he right adjective, but it's hard) but there is no other option right now (and mRNA has been the only option if you're a child).

Edit: I hadn't shared this before because it's so easy for someone to only read the part where I articulate the struggle an mRNA vaccine caused my family and overlook the part where I'd still choose it over risking death from COVID. Thread regulars know I'm a comrade, I'm about that P100 lifestyle, and I gently caress hard with vaccines.

I’m sorry to hear that. it’s impossible to assign blame in this scenario. was it the mRNA vaccine? maybe, maybe not. the timing is impeccable but what if it was coincidence. I’m going through the same thing. my life has been in severe decline since the first booster shot. severe gastrointestinal problems, cancer, heart palpitations, lethargy, depression. did it come from Covid? the vaccine? neither? it drives you crazy to think about the possibilities and try to assign blame, but nobody knows. maybe we’ll get answers in a decade, but for now the battery of tests and nobody believing you is so exhausting

wish you and your wife the best of luck. keep that respirator on tight and stay strong

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Woodsy Owl posted:

there might be an effective test and treatment for that?
there’s studies like these with multiple cases of autoimmune biomarkers detected as related to encephalitis
https://www.cureus.com/articles/130722-a-sharp-rise-in-autoimmune-encephalitis-in-the-covid-19-era-a-case-series#!/
the test used in the study is from this lab: https://ltd.aruplab.com/Tests/Pub/3006051

another meta study on covid encephalitis here: https://www.mdpi.com/2227-9059/10/4/774

obviously it might be something else, but there’s overlap of specific biomarkers in both these studies linked to neurological symptoms that can be tested for.
and apparently effective treatment options worked for some of the patients :unsmith:

Computer Serf has issued a correction as of 05:23 on Sep 30, 2023

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Pingui posted:

Leana Wen smartly suggesting isolation guidelines should be made into a decision tree to alleviate confusion :shepface:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2023/09/28/cdc-isolation-guidance-covid-protection/ posted:
The Checkup With Dr. Wen: The CDC needs to change its covid guidance

Archived link: https://archive.li/MfYHl

minimizing societal disruption

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Can't stop thinking about this.
"minimizing societal disruption" lmao jesus loving christ

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Woodsy Owl posted:

Said it before, said it again, we were lucky to get one as functional as we did with how the SARS jab attempts went and a first generation RNA implementation. As bad as these side effects can be, it still functions as a COVID vaccine and did not end as badly as some of the sars candidates.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

bobtheconqueror posted:

You're one of them now. The covidyceps will settle in any day now.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

it’s everywhere, but no one wants to talk about it. Americans and their fear of looking weak

Platystemon posted:

That one play where all the people are turning to rhinoceroses, but they don’t like being rhinoceroses, but they won’t tell you that till you’re also a rhinoceros, and they’re capable of communicating and choose not to.
lmao it's exactly this

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

this but about anything ever again. Sorry, you're on your own
i am reminded of the recent death panel pod from the conference they did, when talking about how capitalism kills: social murder and covid-19, this bit from Nate Holdren,

Some of us just talked about this on Death Panel about a court case in California, where the California Supreme Court pretty much said this really directly. So I'm going to stop in just a moment, but want to make two final quick points. All of this stuff is genuinely evil. It's really ghastly. And I think we need to bear in mind that a society that is an evil death machine produces powerful people who will be okay with the evil death machine and its effects. So we really need to recognize the ways in which people farther up the food chain, and I don't think it involves getting very far up the food chain before this kicks in, they really do not care about all of us social nobodies. I hate to bring this up, because it's an awful experience. But if you've ever seen a situation where there's an unhoused person begging for money, and you see other people walk by completely blanking them as if they don't exist, it's an awful thing to witness. The most powerful people in the system are like that, times 1000. Their capacity to blank all of us and our deaths and our suffering, and the deaths and suffering of our loved ones, is bottomless. And I think we need to really be aware of that.

https://www.deathpanel.net/transcripts/s23-how-capitalism-kills-covid-and-social-murder

edit, starts at about the 36 minute mark on the soundcloud audio, around 30 minute on the podcast feed audio

Tzen has issued a correction as of 09:03 on Sep 30, 2023

Griz
May 21, 2001

my great-uncle died and a bunch of old people are flying from Hawaii to NYC for the funeral followed by lunch at a restaurant

if I go I'm absolutely bailing before lunch because they're all gonna get sick

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.

Strep Vote posted:

Kid woke up with a sore throat and big old lymph nodes. Hopefully it's just strep!

Username checks out.

BusError posted:

People who are holding out for Novavax boosters, do you have a date in mind for when you'll give up waiting and just schedule a Moderna or Pfizer? Not looking for advice as I realize we just don't know when (if) it'll get approved and distributed, just curious what kind of timelines other people are thinking about.

Nothing specific in mind, save for maybe when Kaiser will have a place within 10 miles that'll cover it. I have nothing high risk planned that would give enough lead-time for building antibodies and I reckon the side-effects of mRNA shot vs. the amount of actual time it's "protective" isn't enough for any peace of mind for potential emergency/unavoidable exposures. Husband had a pretty ok time with the first vax. but the side effects for him have steadily gotten worse each time so he's decided to hop off the mRNA train too.

silicone thrills posted:

[...]
Also every single shot moved my period by at least a week and it was very unpleasant.

to be clear - i've never had anything this bad with any other shot in my life. I usually get the flu shot every year and ill feel run down for a day but not horrible. No hives. No hallucinations. No weird period poo poo.

Same on both accounts. Flu, tetanus, chickenpox vax shots were only noticed if I hit the injection site on my arm. The period stuff was particularly alarming, way more than any sort of spotting. I stack hormonal BC to limit withdrawal bleeding to 2-3 times a year and it didn't seem to matter at all, the blood flowed.

Also after the initial wave of fever, multi-day migraine (worst I've ever had in my life), and sick-feeling passed, it took me several more weeks to months to get back to my already-too-low baseline levels of energy. It honestly felt like it made my sleep quality much worse and exasperated my narcolepsy. We don't have kids and have a very low risk lifestyle so being miserable and depressed for that long once or twice a year just isn't worth it anymore.

[edit] Forgot to mention the cold sores. I had the worst flare of HSV-1 after them too. Pretty clear my body and immune system were *not* happy. The only good thing that happened is that for like two days after my first shot I didn't have any allergies, probably for the same reason the cold sores popped out, my immune system was too distracted with SpikeVax.

Zugzwang posted:

mRNA shots *could* be updated frequently but aren't because there's no political will/demand to get the necessary infrastructure in place. Regardless, I scheduled my mRNA booster for Wednesday. Wife hopes to get hers on Monday. Seems impossible to find shots for our 2-year-old though.

Oh yeah and my parents have definitely been lying to us about their masking and dining indoors, so that's super. :coronatoot:

That really sucks :smith:

Zantie has issued a correction as of 06:31 on Sep 30, 2023

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Tzen posted:

i am reminded of the recent death panel pod from the conference they did, when talking about how capitalism kills: social murder and covid-19, this bit from Nate Holdren,

Some of us just talked about this on Death Panel about a court case in California, where the California Supreme Court pretty much said this really directly. So I'm going to stop in just a moment, but want to make two final quick points. All of this stuff is genuinely evil. It's really ghastly. And I think we need to bear in mind that a society that is an evil death machine produces powerful people who will be okay with the evil death machine and its effects. So we really need to recognize the ways in which people farther up the food chain, and I don't think it involves getting very far up the food chain before this kicks in, they really do not care about all of us social nobodies. I hate to bring this up, because it's an awful experience. But if you've ever seen a situation where there's an unhoused person begging for money, and you see other people walk by completely blanking them as if they don't exist, it's an awful thing to witness. The most powerful people in the system are like that, times 1000. Their capacity to blank all of us and our deaths and our suffering, and the deaths and suffering of our loved ones, is bottomless. And I think we need to really be aware of that.

https://www.deathpanel.net/transcripts/s23-how-capitalism-kills-covid-and-social-murder

This is really good. Recommend listening to it.

e:

quote:

And I think part of what's going on in that mistake people are making is that a lot of people think that their lives or our lives genuinely matter politically. And what I mean by this is people think if someone gets killed, or if a lot of people get killed, that'll matter to the powerful institutions in some way. And I think we're encouraged to believe that through the limited forms of democracy that were allowed, like voting and lobbying and welfare and public health, and so on. And I think the reality is much uglier and harder, which is that most of us are straight up nobodies. In their book, Artie and Bea use the phrase "surplus population," which is a really ugly phrase, and it's a phrase that names an ugly reality. A lot of us are just surplus to capitalism's requirements. And it seems to be the case that the system can kill a huge amount of us nobodies without it mattering at all politically.

That's an awful thought, for two reasons. One, it's really hard to look in the face of the death machine and know that it doesn't care about us. And especially because the death machine is instantiated in the faces of human beings, and to know that they just really don't give a poo poo if we live or die. That's a really -- it makes me feel like I'm losing my mind sometimes to think about. It's also a chilling thought, a frightening thought, because it means if I'm right, there are no built in guardrails whatsoever. The system will not stop killing, through any internal mechanism. There might be an accident, like say that we get lucky and the virus mutates and becomes less severe. But there's no built in logic. The system doesn't have an off switch for the social murder machinery that it pushes on its own. There's no built in political threshold where if we go above X number of deaths, the system will rein itself in. It only stops killing temporarily ever, and it only ever stops when it's forced to by political circumstances, above all, by confrontational mass movements.

Shiroc has issued a correction as of 07:00 on Sep 30, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/ericabbenante/status/1708015543368732990?s=46

lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Was looking through news archives from 2020 and found a blurb about the casino here opening back up in the wake of the pandemic.. on June 9th 2020

That’s nothing.

https://twitter.com/KellyNews8/status/1262453827233406980

quote:

ALPINE, Calif. — There were long lines at Viejas Casino Monday morning as the casino reopened to the public for the first time in about two months. The doors opened at 8 a.m. By 11:30 a.m. the casino was at maximum capacity and there was a wait to get inside.

"I think it's totally up to people whether [or not] they want to come," said Ernie Bjork. "If they feel safe, it's fine. If not, don't come."

Bjork was among some of the first customers inside the casino.

News 8 cameras were not allowed in the building.

"Before entering, they took our temperatures to make sure that we were okay," said Bjork.

"It looked like it was pretty busy," he added. "Some of the banks of machines were blocked out so people couldn't be on them. There was at least one empty machine between people."

By noon, the line stretched down the block, with busloads of people arriving.

One woman told News 8 she brought her mom to the casino just to get her out of the house.

"It's boring being at home. I've been home a long time," she said.

At one point, a security guard said the wait to get inside could be as long as two hours.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

shazbot posted:

I mean even if we had the political will and funding for updated vaccines, it would not much matter. Yes, these mRNA vaccines can be updated pretty drat quickly all things considered, but who cares? Even ignoring the issues of rollout, the simple fact is that as long as we are using a vaccine only 'strategy' to deal with COVID, we are going to be allowing COVID to spread an mutate far faster than we can ever hope to address with non-sterilizing vaccines. It is an evolutionary arms race that we could not win even in the best of circumstnaces.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Shiroc posted:

This is really good. Recommend listening to it.

e:
it really loving is. i keep going back to what i quoted, what you quoted, and this as well,

"This is certainly my view, walking into the pandemic, I didn't realize I thought this. I think there's an attitude like, if I was in huge danger, the government would be warning me. Since the government isn't warning me, I must not be in huge danger. And I think this is pretty important in how we understand the behaviors that we don't like by a lot of the rest of the population. I think there are people who are consciously explicitly living out hard commitments to odious politics. I think there's also a lot of people who just really don't get what's going on. And that's because they're good subjects of a capitalist liberal democracy. "

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Deeply unsurprising to see “well they had the statistics available to them when they made that choice” applied to people who would line up to get into a casino in those circumstances, but no less upsetting

Real Mean Queen has issued a correction as of 09:22 on Sep 30, 2023

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
The Viejas Casino regulars are by and large well off gambling addict freaks, an airborne viral pandemic isn’t gonna stop them

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BusError posted:

People who are holding out for Novavax boosters, do you have a date in mind for when you'll give up waiting and just schedule a Moderna or Pfizer? Not looking for advice as I realize we just don't know when (if) it'll get approved and distributed, just curious what kind of timelines other people are thinking about.

I have some spreadsheet avoidance activities the first week of November so if Novavax isn't approved and available in my area within the next two weeks I'm gonna just get what CVS has on offer, which appears to be Moderna.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

silicone thrills posted:

My side effects were really bad. the first shot I got really bad vertigo for a day. Couldn't walk through my house with out holding walls. Second shot was that + a high fever. 3rd shot I switched to moderna and had that + hallucinating + I got hives and a plate sized giant red mark on my arm for 7 days that itched and hurt like a bitch.

With the ramping side effects for me I just don't feel like its literally safe for me to risk it again and i'd rather roll the dice on a new shot.

I had hives/urticaria off and on for months after my moderna booster and it loving sucked. Nothing triggered it as I am not allergic to anything and only ever got them after the booster. A swiss study was done last year on it. Thankfully I haven't had an outbreak for months

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2800873

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

12 hours later from the jab and I only have a sore patch in the injection arm, no swollen nodes or anything else.

At least it's something, the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th didn't even gave me any symptoms at all when I got them last year.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
:negative:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Thoguh posted:

I have some spreadsheet avoidance activities

we moved away from a lot of friends and family a little over one year ago and lol yeah, the next 3 months are going to be SEE EVERYONE test SEE EVERYONE test SEE EVERYONE

Looking hard at that Metrix

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Death By The Blues posted:

I had hives/urticaria off and on for months after my moderna booster and it loving sucked. Nothing triggered it as I am not allergic to anything and only ever got them after the booster. A swiss study was done last year on it. Thankfully I haven't had an outbreak for months

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2800873

Oh yeah, that's my spouse. His refuses to resolve, it's been almost 2 years.

Vaxxed and relaxed amirite?!?

Pretty fukkin bitter tbh.

Strep Vote has issued a correction as of 12:57 on Sep 30, 2023

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Bastard Tetris posted:

The Viejas Casino regulars are by and large well off gambling addict freaks, an airborne viral pandemic isn’t gonna stop them

I went to Vegas once under the mistaken assumption that I enjoy gambling. I forget which casino I stayed at but there were none of the good looking young people in the movies. Just row after row of seniors burning through their social security checks one slot play at a time. Saddest place I've ever been.

DickParasite has issued a correction as of 13:38 on Sep 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

DickParasite posted:

I went to Vegas once under the mistaken assumption that I enjoy gambling. I forget which casino I stayed at but there were none of the good looking young people in the movies. Just row after row of seniors putting burning through their social security checks one slot play at a time. Saddest place I've ever been.

This. Vegas is an absolute wasteland of human misery wrapped in neon and bullshit marketing that constantly screams at you how good a time you’re having.