Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

A good chunk of leftist and rightists like authoritan ideological politics. It's not rocket science. It's not even any actual science. It's politican science.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
The German electorate really likes having social benefits only apply to an in-group based on nationalist lines. It's not surprising that AfD voters would consider voting for Wagenknecht, her politics are aligned with theirs.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
It is funny that the nazis are trending at 20+ in the Sonntagsfrage and it's all due to the voters of the barely 5% party. Thank god the rest of the parties are working hard at taking their votes away by bringing their own, rational Ausländer raus and Das Boot ist voll talking points

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

chadbear posted:

I’ve seen so many polls where people on the far right claim to maybe consider possibly voting for Wagenknecht. It’s always this hypothetical question, and the fascists/Querfrontler like Elsässer love hyping her up to own the liberalos. I‘ll believe it when I see it.

most likely option, they're do have some weirdos in the AfD that would switch, but it would result in something inane like a Wagenknecht-Party gaining 3% and ending up with 4,5% Wählerstimmen in total, every weirdo combined

end result: WP fails to enter the Bundestag, AfD drops by the 3% that moved off, hilarity ensues

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
Apologies, but I wasn't able to add the "ß" character to the thread title due to forum software limitations.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Koos Group posted:

Apologies, but I wasn't able to add the "ß" character to the thread title due to forum software limitations.

This thread is now Eigentum der Eidgenossenschaft

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Antigravitas posted:

The German electorate really likes having social benefits only apply to an in-group based on nationalist lines. It's not surprising that AfD voters would consider voting for Wagenknecht, her politics are aligned with theirs.

I see that argument, but there are huge differences between a hypothetical Wagenknecht party and the AfD apart from migration. I believe that the AfD voters claiming to consider voting for Wagenknecht are mostly kokettiering, and that in the end most of them would break for the AfD.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Koos Group posted:

Well the exchage can be pretty gross at times, so...

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

chadbear posted:

kokettiering,

everyone roll 1d6 for SAN damage

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Koos Group posted:

:tipshat:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

ß should work. It does in posts at least.

ligma sz

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Antigravitas posted:

ß should work. It does in posts at least.

ligma sz

Funny, I never needed codes, I just press down the corresponding key on my keyboard. Sometimes I see codes show up when answering a German poster's post and get super-confused for a moment

Do you all post on US-keyboards or something?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

It's the forum software being terrible. HTML-codes work despite being limited to ASCII. It has absolutely nothing to do with keyboards.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Antigravitas posted:

It's the forum software being terrible. HTML-codes work despite being limited to ASCII. It has absolutely nothing to do with keyboards.

No, I meant, why are you using codes in the first place? I never had to

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

quote:

Lieber Friedrich Merz,

Talkshows sind nichts für Sie.

Sie sind zu erregt, Sie sind nicht cool. Sie sagen Sätze, wo einem der Kiefer herunterfällt. „Da sitzen abgelehnte Asylbewerber beim Arzt und lassen sich die Zähne richten und die deutschen Bürger kriegen keine Termine.“

Was für ein Schwachsinnssatz.

Jeder Mensch, der in Deutschland Schmerzen hat, wird behandelt. Ich hatte in den letzten Wochen Zahnprobleme. Mein Zahnarzt nahm sich den als ersten vor mit der dicksten Wange. Egal, ob er Asylbewerber war oder Deutscher.

Der große Konservative Franz Josef Strauß sagte vor vielen Jahren: „Man muss dem Volk aufs Maul schauen, aber nicht nach dem Munde reden.“

Sie, Friedrich Merz, reden der AfD nach dem Munde.

Zurück zur Talkshow. Ich verstehe, dass Sie punkten wollten, immer anklagender werden wollten, immer wichtiger werden wollten.

Dabei sind Sie abgestürzt. Ein falscher Satz in der Talkshow und man zerschellt auf den Klippen der Talkshow.

Vielleicht sagen Sie: Ich war leidenschaftlich. Ich habe doch nur gesagt … Aber es gibt Dinge, die man nicht sagt und nicht einmal denkt. Damit basta.

Herzlichst,

Ihr Franz Josef Wagner

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh, is that why the first thing I saw in the media this morning was "Friedrich März is a failure"?

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Libluini posted:

Oh, is that why the first thing I saw in the media this morning was "Friedrich März is a failure"?

I could think of any number of other reasons, but this is finally the one that the media is latching on to.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Libluini posted:

No, I meant, why are you using codes in the first place? I never had to

Because thread titles are ASCII and you may be able to get non-ASCII in there using html escapes? I do not understand the question.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Antigravitas posted:

Because thread titles are ASCII and you may be able to get non-ASCII in there using html escapes? I do not understand the question.

I was talking about codes in general, not the title thing. I never included any Umlaute or ßs in my thread titles, so I can't really comment on that issue. I wasn't even aware that there was a problem with them not working.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Outside of retrofitting legacy garbage I have no use for them. I have compose mapped to capslock, so I can quickly access glyphs from many different scripts and everything written by competent people knows how to deal with unicode.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/fogelvlug/status/1707740579239497990?s=46

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Only the smartest people. Maybe it's just par for the course and I haven't really noticed before, but the Berlin CDU seems particularly idiotic and reactionary this time around.

Reminds me of when the Saxony AfD went grandstanding with a Kleine Anfrage about some heinous crimes committed by migrants in Dresden's Maxim Gorki park and why the police was covering them up. Only for it to turn out that there literally is not one single Maxim Gorki park in the entire state.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Perestroika posted:

Only the smartest people. Maybe it's just par for the course and I haven't really noticed before, but the Berlin CDU seems particularly idiotic and reactionary this time around.

Reminds me of when the Saxony AfD went grandstanding with a Kleine Anfrage about some heinous crimes committed by migrants in Dresden's Maxim Gorki park and why the police was covering them up. Only for it to turn out that there literally is not one single Maxim Gorki park in the entire state.

Must be because those devilish Ausländers stole them. Grrr. Hissss.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
did any of these people who are Very Concerned about Görli ever actually visit the park lol

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Perestroika posted:

my theory is that the CDU has been foaming at the mouth at the degeneration of berlin for years now, just really working themselves up into a frenzy about all the looting, the gangs, the clans, the drugs, the shooting, the knife crimes, and of course the lynching of the autofahrer. However, now that they are actually in power, it turns out its actually not so bad, but they cant really admit that, nor can they change their positions since the elections so everything they do seems so idiotic because it has no basis in actual reality. See, for instance, the polizeiwache at Kotti or the whole
görli situation. But also of course the whole
thing with the bike lanes. :argh: WE'RE GOING TO STOP ALL BIKE LANE BUILDING AND EXAMINE ALL THESE FRIVOLOUS GRÜNVERSIFTE BAUPLÄNE!!!!! :argh: oh it turns out it we cant find any fault with it nvm lmao

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I bought coffee today. I usually bring my container along with me that holds ~600g.

So I asked them to fill it with beans.

Dude behind the counter took suspiciously long putting beans in and came back with the container not fully filled.

Then he typed into the register:

+ 2x 250g coffee
+ 2x 100g coffee 50% discount
- 2x 100g coffee 50% discount (shaking head while doing so)
+ 1x 100g coffee
+ 1x 100g coffee 50% discount

What the gently caress is wrong with this shop. :psyduck:

My old roaster would just… put the container on his scale, punch the tare button, fill up, punch in the type, and that was it.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Seems more like he couldn't type in 650g directly, so he had to do it this way in the checkout system.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

For hundreds of years, "multiply weight by cost per weight" has been a feature in commerce. I just can't envision any kind of system where you can't do that if you sell loose goods.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Antigravitas posted:

For hundreds of years, "multiply weight by cost per weight" has been a feature in commerce. I just can't envision any kind of system where you can't do that if you sell loose goods.

So they probably got a new Kasse with a modern software, and this is basically all explanation I need.

Wow, that software makes something way more complicated that it needs to be? I'm shocked!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Eezee posted:

Seems more like he couldn't type in 650g directly, so he had to do it this way in the checkout system.

In that case they now have an inaccuracy in the POS: on the system side he has sold 600g at regular price + 100g at a reduced price = 700g, in reality he only sold 650g (assuming that's what he put in the container), so there's a discrepancy of 50g.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
He pockets the 50g office space style. Kleinvieh macht auch mist

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Hopper posted:

In that case they now have an inaccuracy in the POS: on the system side he has sold 600g at regular price + 100g at a reduced price = 700g, in reality he only sold 650g (assuming that's what he put in the container), so there's a discrepancy of 50g.
Lol no, he opened and billed two 250g packages and two 100g packages and put the beans into the container.

To produce less waste you know.

the 50g went onto the floor because aiming is hard.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

No, they have giant containers with fairly freshly roasted coffee beans, they just can't figure out a centuries old thing.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Antigravitas posted:

I bought coffee today. I usually bring my container along with me that holds ~600g.

Dude behind the counter took suspiciously long putting beans in and came back with the container not fully filled.

+ 2x 250g coffee
+ 1x 100g coffee

My old roaster would just… put the container on his scale, punch the tare button, fill up, punch in the type, and that was it.

Maybe they have other scales in the back, and the reason he took so long was because he was filling and weighing every single type of beans you ordered one by one?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

He was absolutely filling in increments of their idiotic SKUs.

Währenddessen:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Reminds me of Pentiment. A game (kind of) set in Germany. There were some animals around, and clickiong on them would be "Haustier x". While technically correct, it took me a while until I realized that it was supposed to be "Streichle x".

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Howdy, German goons!

I'm visiting for the next week to see a band I follow... Cory and the Wongnotes.

My +1 had to back out and I'm trying to give away (for free, i mean) the other ticket.

The show is next Sunday, 7 pm, at Huxley Neue Welt.

Let me know if you know someone who might want the ticket.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

Reminds me of Pentiment. A game (kind of) set in Germany. There were some animals around, and clickiong on them would be "Haustier x". While technically correct, it took me a while until I realized that it was supposed to be "Streichle x".

lmao

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/femaleweezerfan/status/1708154047964848616?s=46

I highly recommend visiting this place, it’s very surreal. Look to the right you see the Mall of Berlin (as in ginormous shopping mall), look to the left, you see the Holocaust memorial in the distance

In b4 „yeah, it’s been like that since musk took over“

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Antigravitas posted:

+ 2x 250g coffee
+ 1x 100g coffee

he entered a cheat code on your behalf