Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly

3 DONG HORSE posted:

this game is fun. but it reminds me of this game called valorant for some reason.

You mean the e-dating platform?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Pvt. Parts posted:

You mean the e-dating platform?

that's why it's so confusing

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Budzilla posted:

I prefer Valve devoting their resources in the move to CS2 rather then divide its attention. There are still missing maps and game modes from CSGO and launching an operation when the game still has less content than its predecessor would be a bad look.

I agree with you, but I figured at the least a weapon case to celebrate and show off some of the really cool things you can do with skins now.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

this game is fun. but it reminds me of this game called valorant for some reason.

drat what a mystery, the bad game reminds you of a dogshit game.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

valorant having Overwatch character design as well as epic Heroes saying things like "cheerz luv the connecter smoke is 'ere" basically made me cum buckets and now i'm deep in debt with a discord erp server for all the skin money i've borrowed

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I didn't play a lot of Valorant but if I could get the guy who says "molly!" as a voice line when I throw a Molotov I would spend dozens of dollars.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Dongicus posted:

"cheerz luv the connecter smoke is 'ere"

lol

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

What discord are goons playing this bad game on?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Dongicus posted:

valorant having Overwatch character design as well as epic Heroes saying things like "cheerz luv the connecter smoke is 'ere" basically made me cum buckets and now i'm deep in debt with a discord erp server for all the skin money i've borrowed

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Cs2 lowkey copied valorant…

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
still can't believe they copied the val buy menu but not the buy for teammates option

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

DarkDobe posted:

What discord are goons playing this bad game on?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635620&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
anyone else with amd hardware getting crashes? i've had 2 CTD's tonight followed by a full on hardware crash

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

no crashes but i have been getting the odd half-second freeze that completely fucks me over and idk how to fix it even after a drivers update

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

did you try adding a firewall rule for cs2.exe? seemed to fix the problems i was having

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
-full amd here been rock solid

-half second freezes are shader recompiles which happen once per particle effect and will go away eventually but will need to be redone every game patch or driver update

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

symbolic posted:

no crashes but i have been getting the odd half-second freeze that completely fucks me over and idk how to fix it even after a drivers update

Turn off anti aliasing

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Oscar aint no Slouch posted:

-half second freezes are shader recompiles which happen once per particle effect and will go away eventually but will need to be redone every game patch or driver update

epic

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Honky Mao posted:

Turn off anti aliasing

i noticed smoke tends to gently caress with the anti aliasing a lot

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Oscar aint no Slouch posted:

-full amd here been rock solid

so basically, jump into a offline match and throw a molly and a smoke every time it patches so you don't get hosed on a second round eco rush.

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
yeah idk why devs have stopped making their game clients precompile shaders, that poo poo made darktide unplayable for a patch last time I played that

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

rubberbanding on 15-20 ping...??

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Anyone know what a decent rating is lol?

I believe I went 10-2 in placements and got 3.7k.... I heard they lowered it since beta but that feels weird considering how the placements went. I'm on like a 8 game win streak.

E: it was a complete wipe right, like no CSGO mmr is included? If it is I guess that makes sense, I had a poo poo rank in GO because of years of alcoholism lol

Tetramin fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Oct 2, 2023

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

glad you got your rank, face, lol

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Good soup! posted:

glad you got your rank, face, lol

:cawg::cawg::cawg:

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

symbolic posted:

rubberbanding on 15-20 ping...??

drivers and firewall rule

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

There were some good games played by all yesterday

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

hbag posted:

drivers and firewall rule

both already done

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

what are you running it on?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Is it while you're close to teammates at the start? I rubberband when players are colliding.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

hbag posted:

what are you running it on?

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Is it while you're close to teammates at the start? I rubberband when players are colliding.

nah, randomly

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

symbolic posted:

nah, randomly

I had a ryzen 2600 until recently and it really struggled with CS2 (lots of micro and macro stutters), so it's possible it is dropping packets due to struggling overall.

rubberbanding though...I'd think that'd primarily be a network issue. are you seeing packet loss? you can lose packets and still have good ping. try direct connecting with an ethernet cable if possible.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
the rubber-banding on teammates is a well known issue. worst thing right now is the spraying, this valvorant poo poo is not cutting it

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What is the spraying like in valorant? How is it different/the same?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

ilmucche posted:

In valorant sprays become random after x amount of bullets.

CS isn’t random, but I heard a theory that subtick makes it feel different each time. The idea is that depending on when you start firing, the shots might happen slightly delayed by a few ms. It can feel different each time depending on how far between ticks you are.

Obviously nobody loving knows, but given how shots do sometime seem delayed, it’s an interesting theory.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

ilmucche posted:

Completely random in Valorant so people don’t do it. Short bursts at the head then reset.

Nothing like how CS actually works but while people get used to the way it feels in CS2 (and in the absence of workshop map trainers) they’ve resigned themselves to degeneracy.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

How does only 4% of the player base have the one and only CS2 achievement "A new beginning"

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

hello internet posted:

How does only 4% of the player base have the one and only CS2 achievement "A new beginning"

What's 4% of the total number of Steam accounts?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ilmucche posted:

Dongicus posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

The Joe Man posted:

What's 4% of the total number of Steam accounts?

Balders Gate 3 had the same issue at launch, it told me 0.1% had completed the tutorial, I think it's just caching weirdness because it was almost 100% later that week.

e: actually since they updated cs:go in place it might be comparing any account that has ever played cs:go, including smurfs and bots etc, so 4% could be accurate

fart barterer fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Oct 3, 2023