Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
My wishlisted items show up in emails. I’m not sure what it looks like on the console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Smirking_Serpent posted:

what do y'all use for tracking game prices? I have my wishlist on the microsoft store set to send notifications but I haven't received any on my console.

I use PSPrices. Despite the name, it tracks price drops for digital Xbox, PlayStation, and Switch games. It also has the option to receive e-mail notifications and check multiple regions.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

what do y'all use for tracking game prices? I have my wishlist on the microsoft store set to send notifications but I haven't received any on my console.

I have an account over at Trueachievements.com that has a surprising amount of features for keeping track of games you want and tracking prices. But if you're not into achievement hunting, 95% of the site will annoy you.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Since last week, I've been receiving pop-ups for my wishlisted games on the console itself.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Charles Martel posted:

I use PSPrices. Despite the name, it tracks price drops for digital Xbox, PlayStation, and Switch games. It also has the option to receive e-mail notifications and check multiple regions.

+1

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Yeah the notifications on console are rare, late and inconsistent, though the emails are fairly prompt. Personally I prefer Dekudeals, though Trueachievments is good too.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Charles Martel posted:

I've been using PSPrices too. It's really nice and can keep track of your library and if the game is from a subscription, physical or digital copy besides the sales tracking.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Sweet, thanks everyone!

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan
OK I think I'm quitting Starfield until there are mods that remove a lot of the bullshit (these loving copypaste temples Jesus Christ) - there's enough fun in the game that a few strategic QOL moves would make it worth a revisit.

Psyched for Cocoon + Ace Attorney + Forza in the meantime.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Looks like I got that console update that includes the onedrive upload feature on September 27.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

Jables88 posted:

OK I think I'm quitting Starfield until there are mods that remove a lot of the bullshit (these loving copypaste temples Jesus Christ) - there's enough fun in the game that a few strategic QOL moves would make it worth a revisit.

Psyched for Cocoon + Ace Attorney + Forza in the meantime.

This is the way. Since quitting Starfield for the amateurish presentation in the first temple I have played through Gris, Quake (for the umpteenth time), Limbo and Solar Ash.

Well in Solar Ash I could only complete one of the two endings due to a recurring softlock :shepface:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Neco posted:

the amateurish presentation in the first temple
Lol

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I bounced off Starfield much harder than I thought. Inventory management rear end game. I'm playing very good game Lies of P

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Yeah I wonder how many millions of their budget they used on the text boxes that explain what happened!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Lies of Penis is extremely fun and good (disclaimer: I'm not a Dork Souls fan, but from what I played of DS3, it's extremely similar, maybe a bit easier?)

Random questions:

Can you attack/kill important NPCs? I haven't tried. I imagine the Level Up and store people are off limits, but how about others

Does anyone else really enjoy listening to podcasts while playing ?

When you "summon" a guy to help you vs Boss, are you summoning an actual person? I've tried it 3 times and all 3 it looked like the same character with a very similar big sword, with the same "rush at boss and die" strat. I mean, they helped, but :shrug:

I'm focusing all on Technique and upgrading Health and Stamina every other level, am I loving up? I seem to be doing ok so far, about 12 hours in

I can't believe I'm enjoying the edgy Pinocchioverse so much :shrug:

American McGee probably wishing he'd thought of this

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Lies of Penis is extremely fun and good (disclaimer: I'm not a Dork Souls fan, but from what I played of DS3, it's extremely similar, maybe a bit easier?)

Random questions:

Can you attack/kill important NPCs? I haven't tried. I imagine the Level Up and store people are off limits, but how about others

Does anyone else really enjoy listening to podcasts while playing ?

When you "summon" a guy to help you vs Boss, are you summoning an actual person? I've tried it 3 times and all 3 it looked like the same character with a very similar big sword, with the same "rush at boss and die" strat. I mean, they helped, but :shrug:

I'm focusing all on Technique and upgrading Health and Stamina every other level, am I loving up? I seem to be doing ok so far, about 12 hours in

I can't believe I'm enjoying the edgy Pinocchioverse so much :shrug:

American McGee probably wishing he'd thought of this

You can't attack anyone in the hotel because it disables your weapons. Unsure on world vendors.

Summons are not other players.

Dunno about stats, ask the main thread, but have largely evenly spread points to health Stam technique, but I have shoveled some points into capacity because weight becomes a problem.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Focusing all on technique and upgrading Health and Stamina every other level should be fine, you could probably skip the stamina points though if you wanted. You'll find an amulet in chapter 5 that improves stamina regen anyway, and you can respec later on if there's any issues. I was 25 health, 25 stam, 28 technique when I finished the game.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Put more into Vitality, Vigor, and Capacity than your damage stat. Damage stat is fine to level until about 22-25.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Put more into Vitality, Vigor, and Capacity than your damage stat. Damage stat is fine to level until about 22-25.
no. I like my 40 motivity

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Guillermus posted:

I've been using PSPrices too. It's really nice and can keep track of your library and if the game is from a subscription, physical or digital copy besides the sales tracking.

TrueAchievements has that too. Super useful :)

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

So I've been playing Fallout: New Vegas so the kids can watch up to the point where we get to NV, I guess.
Thought I'd check in on Fallout 76 today since I know they've done a ton to update it. It wasn't bad but I couldn't remember wtf I was doing in the game since according to it, the last time I played was June, 2019 (2 or 3 days after I bought (lol) it). It's slower than NV, 3, 4, etc but It's quite a bit better than I remember it.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Cocoon overstays its welcome hard. By the end you're not figuring anything out, you're just doing manual labor. It's already a one-sitting game and could have benefitted from being just a bit shorter IMO, but it's definitely worth starting at least, for those first "oh poo poo, okay" moments

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Ruffian Price posted:

Cocoon overstays its welcome hard. By the end you're not figuring anything out, you're just doing manual labor. It's already a one-sitting game and could have benefitted from being just a bit shorter IMO, but it's definitely worth starting at least, for those first "oh poo poo, okay" moments

I just got the third ball and got the feeling the game is gonna start becoming a full on juggling game.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

I feel like it went maybe one level too long with the juggling, but then things change up a bit and you get a new ball ability that makes it feel a bit fresh again. This leads to a few more aha moments later in the game and the final puzzle was really cool. I still think it's my least favorite of the three (inside >limbo >cocoon), butt I'm glad I played it.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

not only was the console release delayed for cities skylines 2, the pc release recommended specs got bumped way up, it is going to run like absolute dogshit

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

Ruffian Price posted:

I still loved it but agree that the final puzzles where you are going back and forth frequently to carry balls between universes are intellectually interesting, but get a bit tiresome. And I know what you mean, the length is just short enough that you can beat it in an final sitting but just long enough that those final sections could drag. The ending isn't quite the holy poo poo final run that the end of Inside is, but then again, what game is.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

spaceblancmange posted:

not only was the console release delayed for cities skylines 2, the pc release recommended specs got bumped way up, it is going to run like absolute dogshit

Yeah, that's what I'm also afraid of. Outside of Starfield, this was my most anticipated game of the year. Preferably on console, but I could still just play it on pc but now I'm not so sure if it will even run well enough.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

if anyone gets Trepang2 plz post how it runs xoxox

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

We need a new and or more relevant thread title. Preferably something to do with Vampire Survivors

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Getting good buzz on the High on Life DLC. Also, anyone know what time Gotham Knights will drop on gamepass? It says latter today but doesn't say when.

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

otter posted:

So I've been playing Fallout: New Vegas so the kids can watch up to the point where we get to NV, I guess.
Thought I'd check in on Fallout 76 today since I know they've done a ton to update it. It wasn't bad but I couldn't remember wtf I was doing in the game since according to it, the last time I played was June, 2019 (2 or 3 days after I bought (lol) it). It's slower than NV, 3, 4, etc but It's quite a bit better than I remember it.

I know that 76 has improved to where its no longer a laughingstock but thats about all i know about it. How would you say it compares to New Vegas?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

You think Fallout 4 has barebones character creation? In Fallout 76 you can’t even choose your SPECIAL

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is there a section of the store where you can see all Game Previews? I swear I saw one at some point on the main page.

way late edit: I did not realize this was not a Game Preview.

Beastie fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 2, 2023

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

the rat fandom posted:

I know that 76 has improved to where its no longer a laughingstock but thats about all i know about it. How would you say it compares to New Vegas?

Nothing compares to New Vegas even with all of its jank.
I'd say it seems slower paced but that might be partially that it's based on fallout 4's mechanics but has differences.
I'm not a social gamer so I don't care to join up with other people unless my kids wanted to make a team with me. That might be kind of fun. Weapons have level requirements so I can't use my glow-sighted 10mm pistol, I have to level myself up using my hatchet on feral ghouls, etc. I'm definitely going to play it more, especially since I have 2 Series Xs and the logitech G Cloud so I can play while sitting in the family room with the wife while she watches Sister Wives.

Microsoft Employees reading this thread (I am sure there must be at LEAST one): Family Plan Game Pass Ultimate, please. I'm willing to pay $25/mo. Seriously.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So apparently Darktide is actually coming out tomorrow* and not the 4th, at least for those of us in the Western Hemisphere as apparently that October 4th launch date was specifically when it would launch in Sweden(where the game's developers are based), though there's still no page up for it yet in either the store or Game Pass

*6pm EST/3pm PST

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

drrockso20 posted:

So apparently Darktide is actually coming out tomorrow* and not the 4th, at least for those of us in the Western Hemisphere as apparently that October 4th launch date was specifically when it would launch in Sweden(where the game's developers are based), though there's still no page up for it yet in either the store or Game Pass

*6pm EST/3pm PST

On a related note, I just learned Sweden has a king.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

the rat fandom posted:

Is unfair to compare a multiplayer game to a singleplayer. Would be a contest where you ask a fish to climb a tree. Fish are good at swiming, not climbing.

Fallout 76 is great for what it is, you have a large sandbox with fallout working gears, and you can share that world with other players, friends, maybe even make new friends.

In my opinion, of all mmos, only FF14, ESO and Fallout 76 are worth playing. But for F76 you have to develop a taste for taking it slow, smell the roses, pick that trash along the way to build you a weird house.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Just beat the first level and it runs great. Texture on the gloves is a bit wonky and I need to rebind the slide button to not B.

But I am having fun. Just straight blasting fools like FEAR.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Tei posted:

Is unfair to compare a multiplayer game to a singleplayer. Would be a contest where you ask a fish to climb a tree. Fish are good at swiming, not climbing.

Fallout 76 is great for what it is, you have a large sandbox with fallout working gears, and you can share that world with other players, friends, maybe even make new friends.

In my opinion, of all mmos, only FF14, ESO and Fallout 76 are worth playing. But for F76 you have to develop a taste for taking it slow, smell the roses, pick that trash along the way to build you a weird house.

ESO is my first real MMO and while I can't see quiting it any time soon I'm very curious about FF14 whenever it shows up. I'd prolly play FO76 too if I had the time/money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

ESO is my first real MMO and while I can't see quiting it any time soon I'm very curious about FF14 whenever it shows up. I'd prolly play FO76 too if I had the time/money.

The HUGE problem with FF14 is the base game and first expansion are very tiring to play. You have to pay a huge time tax doing all these quests. Then it gets so good that is worth x100 times the investment and more.

Ystola, Urianger, Minfilia, Alisaie, Tataru, Graha, Estinien... all of them are like my family.

Another problem is between expansions theres a lot of missions that are also mandatory.

I know I am not saying anything new, you probably have already read this words about the game.