Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Electric Phantasm posted:

You Will Know Our Name by Soken

Now that I think about it, Xenoblade would be great for a hunt-focused collab. It's the one part of the game that could perfectly match the most core part of the Xenoblade experience.

"Oh god WHY ARE THE GUITARS STARTING"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Random question - If you could have a crossover between FFXIV and any other video game IP (like how we have with Yokai and Monster Hunter), which video game IP would you choose?

I would go with a Yakuza crossover.

The best MMO Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy XIV, should surely have a crossover with the best Final Fantasy. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

Dust off Geno and make him a minion. :colbert:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

The best MMO Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy XIV, should surely have a crossover with the best Final Fantasy. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

This is it. This is the correct answer.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

MNK should get a weapon where you pick up another player in your party and throw them at the enemy.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Given Capcom already got the MHW crossover it's a little surprising there hasn't been a Street Fighter one yet, especially given that Ryu is the Traveler.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Chillgamesh posted:

Given Capcom already got the MHW crossover it's a little surprising there hasn't been a Street Fighter one yet, especially given that Ryu is the Traveler.

like the big orb from Destiny?

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

culex trial. yoshi-p pls

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Valentin posted:

culex trial. yoshi-p pls

Counterpoint: trial against Mario's party.

In return, the SMRPG remake will replace Culex with eight random schmucks from Eorzea.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ffxiv isn't even on nintendo..........

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Valentin posted:

culex trial. yoshi-p pls

Just make Zodiark purple and put Battle 2 over it. Easy peasy.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
i spent half hour yesterday on O12N and didn’t even get the funny lil guy 🥲 was my first clear though and I guess now I do know the mechanics by heart.
Good party though. Good genderfluid jokes

goblin week fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Oct 2, 2023

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Mordiceius posted:

Random question - If you could have a crossover between FFXIV and any other video game IP (like how we have with Yokai and Monster Hunter), which video game IP would you choose?

I would go with a Yakuza crossover.

Yakuza also. Ichi would be so loving stoked.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Kingdom Hearts or WoW is my answer, as the Alliance Raid for the expansion (or a Bozja style zone for WoW where the Actions system is WoW spells).

As one of those weird people who loves both games, WoW is my real answer too. And yes, reading the rageout comments would be a wonderful part of it.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

My real, unironic desire is Kingdom Hearts.

Alas, Disney.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Mind over Matter posted:

As one of those weird people who loves both games, WoW is my real answer too. And yes, reading the rageout comments would be a wonderful part of it.

It would be so funny to do something like just dropping Karazhan over in the demolished West Shroud. It's basically Deadwind Pass over there anyhow.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i don't wanna play wow anymore thats why i play ffxiv :(

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

hopeandjoy posted:

My real, unironic desire is Kingdom Hearts.

Alas, Disney.

One of their mobile games managed it, twice even. Granted it was only the KH originals, but people would go nuts for an OrgXIII robe.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

was in the cash shop and had this realization today

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Mind over Matter posted:

I had a whole idea about doing Alliance Raids where a WoW villain invades one of the FFXIV starter cities (with an appropriate match between villain and city) with a mysterious man who turns into a bird being the questgiver who is trying to save Eorzea from vague doom.

Limsa invaded by the Scourge (with Lich Queen Jaina), Ul'dah invaded by the (Iron/Blood/Noun) Horde (led by an evil Thrall) and Gridania invaded by the Burning Legion (Fel Queen Azshara featuring Illidan/Malfurion/Tyrande council fight).

I do sorta like the Bozja idea more though.

Electric Phantasm posted:

One of their mobile games managed it, twice even. Granted it was only the KH originals, but people would go nuts for an OrgXIII robe.

The real problem with Kingdom Hearts Alliance Raids is that you can't get Org XIII's weapons from that crossover. I'd be down for bonus trial series with say, 3-5 members per trial (Fight Saix backed up by Xion/Roxas/Axel/Vexen for example, you have to use ice pillars made by Vexen to block Saix's attacks, Axel can melt Ice Pillars etc kinda stuff). Obviously ending in Xemnas using the entire organisation as mechanics.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

honestly, one of the reasons I like the current set of alliance raids the best is because they're actually just about ff14 and not some other game I care little or not at all about

not leaving me feeling like unless I do research I'm not going to understand a single loving thing going on around me

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Neptunia crossover :sickos:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

goblin week posted:

Yakuza also. Ichi would be so loving stoked.
:hmmyes: Ichiban deserves this treat.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
How about majesty the fantasy kingdom sim. That Scottish narrators not doing anything better

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Not necessarily a full crossover, but I want a Final Fantasy XIV Warriors game. Much like Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity, make it a weird time-travel thing where you take an alternate path through the MSQ only this time you have all the Scions and supporting characters and villains and such, all with wild battlefield abilities. Even Minfilia and Tataru. Especially Minfilia and Tataru.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Tataru can be a Samurai.

Like in FF5, where they have Zeninage.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Maxwell Lord posted:

Not necessarily a full crossover, but I want a Final Fantasy XIV Warriors game. Much like Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity, make it a weird time-travel thing where you take an alternate path through the MSQ only this time you have all the Scions and supporting characters and villains and such, all with wild battlefield abilities. Even Minfilia and Tataru. Especially Minfilia and Tataru.

Honestly in such a spinoff Tataru is the comedy character who fights with accidents and crafting tools, Minfilia is just a carrier for Hydaelyn (Great Fairy Link but not as demeaning).

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Lord_Magmar posted:

Honestly in such a spinoff Tataru is the comedy character who fights with accidents and crafting tools, Minfilia is just a carrier for Hydaelyn (Great Fairy Link but not as demeaning).

Tataru's either the weakest or strongest character. There's no chance she's anywhere in between, either she's an unwieldy mess like Zant, or utterly absurd like Marin.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i really want a kingdom hearts collab with organization outfits as an all-class glamour. plus basically all the org 13 members have an ff job equivalent, you could do those for weapon glams

Xemnas: RDM
Xigbar: MCH
Xaldin: DRG
Vexen: PLD
Lexaeus: DRK
Zexion; SMN
Saix: WAR
Axel: DNC
Demyx: BRD
Luxord: AST
Marluxia: RPR
Larxene: NIN
Roxas: SAM

you could use some of the KH3 org members for the other jobs, like Vanitas for GNB maybe.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
She's the strongest but only if you can comprehend her awkward galaxy-brain moveset

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Endorph posted:

i really want a kingdom hearts collab with organization outfits as an all-class glamour. plus basically all the org 13 members have an ff job equivalent, you could do those for weapon glams

Xemnas: RDM
Xigbar: MCH
Xaldin: DRG
Vexen: PLD
Lexaeus: DRK
Zexion; SMN
Saix: WAR
Axel: DNC
Demyx: BRD
Luxord: AST
Marluxia: RPR
Larxene: NIN
Roxas: SAM

you could use some of the KH3 org members for the other jobs, like Vanitas for GNB maybe.

I'd swap Saix and Lexaus but otherwise yeah this is pretty accurate. A different keyblade for GNB would work. Zexion obviously covers Summoner and Scholar. You could also just make appropriate looking weapons from scratch using the existing visual guides for the Org weapons. They're pretty basic shapes with a single element magical theming after all.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Putting Org 13 in FF14 would be a bit tacky and odd since I couldn't unsee the Ascians as Great Value Org 13 until Shadowbringers. :v:

"This raids antagonists are a bunch of blackrobed pathos magnets with names you won't remember until you've deep dived the series and learned to tell them apart past hairstyle. They do evil things because reasons."

Now fighting Pete and Disney Hades, that'd be a hoot. Maleficent would loving kill it as a voidsent queen.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Oct 2, 2023

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Doomykins posted:

Putting Org 13 in FF14 would be a bit tacky and odd since I couldn't unsee the Ascians as Great Value Org 13 until Shadowbringers. :v:

"This raids antagonists are a bunch of blackrobed pathos magnets with names you won't remember until you've deep dived the series and learned to tell them apart last hairstyle. They do evil things because reasons."

Now fighting Pete and Disney Hades, that'd be a hoot. Maleficent would loving kill it as a voidsent queen.

The KH original characters are easier for Square to negotiate access to than the actual disney characters. Also them being similar to Ascians would be part of the humour.

Edit: Not that I disagree with the enjoyment of Pete/Hades/Maleficent. If I was to do this as an Alliance Raid Series I'd probably go Heartless villains raid 1, Org XIII Nobodies raid 2 (fought in 3 groups of 4 and Xemnas on his own with everyone else as backup). Then do the Disney Villains last.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Oct 2, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

In a pie in the sky world I'd probably do it

Alliance Raid 1: End of the World

Boss 1: Darkside
Boss 2: Guard Armor/Opposite Armor
Boss 3: Kurt Zisa or Phantom (either or works)
Boss 4: Ansem Seeker of Darkness

Alliance Raid 2: Castle Oblivion

Boss 1: Hades
Boss 2: Jafar
Boss 3: Maleficent
Boss 4: Marluxia (with Larxenne, Vexen, and Lexaeus)

Alliance Raid 3: Castle That Never Was

Do some of the org members as non-boss 'trash.' Like with Demyx you mostly can just do his add phase a couple times then have him die, you don't need a full boss fight with him. Same with Luxord and his gambling minigames.

Boss 1: Xigbar
Boss 2: Axel
Boss 3: Roxas
Boss 4: Xemnas

but of course they'd never be able to actually do the disney villains, they couldn't even put them as background cameos in smash. Probably make Raid 2 Castle That Never Was and make Raid 3 Scala ad Caelum.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

all this said if they do ever do a kh collab i want the final cutscene to be sora sealing eorzea's keyhole

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

KH collab would be cool but I sorta think it’s a bad fit for a raid series since it’s most iconic fights are all just guys. The big heartless bosses are probably the most suited for a raid but a darkside is way less cool than an org member.

Do want a keyblade glam though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its kind of interesting because ansem does do the 'start as guy, turn into big monster' thing thatd make him work for a raid boss but most of the other KH final bosses do the opposite. like you have the big shmup section with xemnas where hes a giant armored monster and then you have a lightsaber fight with him in the void where hes just a dude.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Boat ansem def feels like the best final raid.

Armored Xemnas and Xehanort would probably be fine too though if you just scale them up. I might not have given it enough credit.

And final SB raid shows they can get pretty creative with making regular humans into raid bosses

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Lord_Magmar posted:

The KH original characters are easier for Square to negotiate access to than the actual disney characters.

Not really, Final Fantasy Record Keeper had a couple of brief KH crossovers and they were shitshows because all the copyright issues meant they could barely do anything with them.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Put the triple xehanort fight into an alliance raid, a tank for Xemnas, a tank for Ansem, lovely teen Xehanort swapping in when one goes down, and make the tanks do a mash event to protect the party from Xemnas's laser dome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

KH collab would be cool but I sorta think it’s a bad fit for a raid series since it’s most iconic fights are all just guys. The big heartless bosses are probably the most suited for a raid but a darkside is way less cool than an org member.

Do want a keyblade glam though.

I suppose they could do the Thunder God Cid thing and have "okay how about you're giant and you have a tail that's also a head holding a sword in its mouth"