Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Keenan Allen's first quarter: 0 rec 0 yds
Tony Pollard's first quarter: 5 carries, 7 yds

Cool cool cool cool cool

I have the 3rd most points in the league this week and I'm losing to the 2nd most. :smith:

Players named Josh Allen account for over 40% of my total.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
My team basically counted on the Jets and Bengals offenses being good.

swing and a miss

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I'm against Diggs (3 TDs), Kyren (2 TDs), and McCaffrey (2 TDs in the first quarter so far). To top it off, my opponent's kicker got 18 points. :rip:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I had Nacua, Jefferson, and Montgomery all pop tf off this week :toot:

I didn’t get to watch the Dolphins game, but I think I’m going to bench waddle and run 3 RBs (Montgomery, Jacobs, and Kamara)

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

My beer league team is just CMC and a bunch of crickets.

Oh hey Davante Adams is hurt too. That's great.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

At least I paired up my worst week with playing against the guy who is on track to have the highest scoring game all season. Nothing I did was getting me a W this week.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
If I pull a win off this week its because I never doubted in the Cowboys D/ST. Despite grabbing the Colts D/ST off lots of advice I read. But I ran the Cowboys, because even without Trevor Diggs, they are still pretty decent. Sometimes they score 35 pts, sometimes they score -2.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The way my matchup is going, it's EXTREMELY likely I'm going to score the 2nd highest points in the league this week and still lose. :smith:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Nice, my team got their poo poo together and pulled out a lead with my opponents Josh Jacobs and SF kicker left and then the refs and loving Josh McDaniel’s incompetent rear end just most likely wrapped a win in a bow for him and handed over

E: oh thank gently caress Herbie came in clutch and iced the game

T-Square fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 2, 2023

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

My opponent scored 50.5 points with his RBs and I scored 7. Having Montgomery on his bench only lost him 7 points. :psyduck:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The way my matchup is going, it's EXTREMELY likely I'm going to score the 2nd highest points in the league this week and still lose. :smith:

Same, but also I'm the points leader in the league, and 2-2.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My RBs got me 56pts this week and is the only reason I managed to stay competitive and win my match

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I think I broke my league's record. My lowest scoring non-kicker player was K. Allen.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

3-0 this week barring Seattle D scoring 50 points tomorrow (which is probably in Dimes’ range of outcomes lol)

I keep winning extremely fraudulent games in one league. This week my opponent missed that Watson was out because he just got married and isn’t paying attention at all. I won by like 5 points despite him starting Montgomery and having written the week off since Thursday night. The bill is gonna come due cause this team is bad but for now it is very funny. Dallas D is easily my most consistently good player.

I never get to be the poo poo team everyone is mad at for over performing. Feels good man :smuggo:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I have 78 points from CMC and Monty alone in one league and still have Kenny Walker (and Mahomes right now) :smug:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

T-Square posted:

I have 78 points from CMC and Monty alone in one league and still have Kenny Walker (and Mahomes right now) :smug:

Dang

I had CMC, Achane, and Lamar plus Baltimore D

Sun God and Cee Dee helped too

Had Nico on my bench but still got the highest point total in my league’s history

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
I hemmed and hawed about whether to start Higgins or Waddle today, and it turns out that wasn’t a very important decision after all.

I did start mostert instead of Achane though…

And holy crap, 13 receptions for Kamara?!?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

DoctaFun posted:

I hemmed and hawed about whether to start Higgins or Waddle today, and it turns out that wasn’t a very important decision after all.

I did start mostert instead of Achane though…

And holy crap, 13 receptions for Kamara?!?

Yeah, he got a lot of small receptions, but the Saints offense looked like crap.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
What's up with Joe Burrow anyway? Surely this can't all be from a strained calf. It would feel bad to drop him but I'm just about there.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

What's up with Joe Burrow anyway? Surely this can't all be from a strained calf. It would feel bad to drop him but I'm just about there.

I don’t know but if someone dropped Burrow I would still spend literally all faab to get him.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Yeah you can’t drop him. If I cant drop Fields, you sure as poo poo cant drop Burrow.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Docjowles posted:

I appreciate that your sit/start choices are at least consistently insane :v: No half measures

Vargo posted:

Can I interest you in Blue Shell League, where sometimes it is in your best interest to lose or score ridiculously low or bench your studs?

I think you'd be a natural.

tarbrush posted:

I could understand if Collins was playing a soft D, but that's Pittsburgh man

abelwingnut posted:

you do not sit anyone who is possibly playing in the shootout of the season. even backups.

you have to, have to, have to start waddle over collins.

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Agreed. Play everyone in that game.

quote:

Benched Waddle for Nico for +27 and the W

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I love everything about what you are doing

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Matt Zerella posted:

Yeah you can’t drop him. If I cant drop Fields, you sure as poo poo cant drop Burrow.

Yahoo won’t let me drop Burrow if I wanted to. I wonder if they ever change those settings through the year.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I’ve kept Christian Kirk on my bench all season and Lockett in as a starter. Unless Lockett rips off 15 or more points think it’s time they switch places.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Bird in a Blender posted:

Yahoo won’t let me drop Burrow if I wanted to. I wonder if they ever change those settings through the year.

They do but usually because of injury (e.g. Chubb).

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I lost this week by the tightest margin i've seen or heard of. Granted, I'm new.

I lost 99.06 to 99.2. A whole 0.14 points.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I've lost games like that... and then won a few days later when the stat correction happens. Usually it's IDP related, like a tackle being turned into an Assisted Tackle (1.0->0.5) but there's always a chance some yardage got miscounted in your (dis)favor!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

T-Square posted:

Welp I have found myself in the start Richardson against Aaron Donald, or start TLaw in London. Not happy with either of those choices but I think I’m gonna roll with Richardson?

Stuck with Richardson and it seemed like the dead wrong choice going into the 3rd quarter of the Colts/Rams game, but he turned it around and I would have lost if I started TLaw. What is this good decision making?

Well, not all good. Definitely should have waited a week to dump the Jags D/ST for the Colts :v:

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
If you're not rostering Burrow you have no idea how bad he's been, because you're understandably not paying as much attention. You simply can't play him right now. I suppose you hold through the bye and see what comes out of it, but he looks horrible. He wasn't carrying a designation into this week's game against the Titans, and he scored 4.7 points!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

What happened between last season and this season with the Bengals? I thought they were at the Super Bowl or at least deep into the playoffs

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

ShowTime posted:

I lost this week by the tightest margin i've seen or heard of. Granted, I'm new.

You haven't lost yet. Pray to the gods of stat corrections.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I built my fantasy team with a bunch of lions, including Goff as my primary QB. He’s been pretty good and consistently getting me high teens/low 20s in points, but just to be safe I am dropping Stafford as my backup and hopefully picking up Stroud from waivers

Hopefully Jamo pops off next week too

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I can still win this week if my kicker gets 22 points and Metcalf gets 0! :negative:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

ShowTime posted:

:rip:

Last year I was winning going into the final moments of the last game (I think we both coincedentally were all done after the Sunday afternoon games). Only the Colts and somebody (Commanders maybe?) were still playing, I had the Colts defense, my opponent had nobody. ESPN had been showing 99% win probability for a while. The Colts defense allowed a TD in the closing seconds of the game which put me behind by less than 1 point and I lost. That was a "go directly to the liquor cabinet, do not pass Go, do not collect $200" kind of loss.

e: yeah it was Washington, last minute QB sneak by Heinicke. lol. This is definitely not burned into my brain as an all time tilting loss or anything :shepicide:

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Oct 2, 2023

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

What happened between last season and this season with the Bengals? I thought they were at the Super Bowl or at least deep into the playoffs

Burrow is playing through a calf injury that has taken away a lot of his mobility.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

burrow needs to have complete mobility given how awful their offensive line is. that, plus their defense regressing after overperforming last season. and now, higgins is hurt, meaning teams will practically double-team chase. he's still talented enough to break the double-teams, but it won't be as easy.

things are not looking up for them.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Docjowles posted:

I love everything about what you are doing

An airplane can only take off by going against the wind, never with it

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

I love that you stuck to it. Get YOURS.

Adbot