Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I would love to see Toronto get a team, but there’s no way Chicago would lose a team

At this point, move the Bears to Toronto and give Chicago an expansion team. At least an expansion team would probably win a few games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

R.D. Mangles posted:

Ok i finally watched the highlights of the game can someone please explain to me why they didn't kick the loving field goal tied 28-28 from the 25 with like 4 minutes left?

I dont mind going for it on fourth down. What I hated was them trying to draw them offsides, calling a timeout, and then running the EXACT SAME FORMATION!!!!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I hate short yardage runs out of shotgun on third/4th and short.i hate hate. Hate hate hate it.

So loving inefficient and eliminating one of the benefits to the running back of getting a head start.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Anyway folks I know we've had fun but don't let the Bears distract you from the fact that the Lions blew out the Packers at home and at halftime the Packers had 21 yards of offense.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

MJeff posted:

Anyway folks I know we've had fun but don't let the Bears distract you from the fact that the Lions blew out the Packers at home and at halftime the Packers had 21 yards of offense.

I'm afraid to root for the Lions, lest my curse of rooting for the Bears somehow transfers over to the Lions. I really want the Lions to win the division.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
As a fan of MCDCs aggressive play calling I was fine with the Bears going for it on 4th down. How they went about it left a lot to be desired. I don't like the Shotgun draw either.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Danny LaFever posted:

As a fan of MCDCs aggressive play calling I was fine with the Bears going for it on 4th down. How they went about it left a lot to be desired. I don't like the Shotgun draw either.

This is the real problem. Whenever they go for it, they do it in the dumbest, most predictable way possible.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

MJeff posted:

Future Hall of Famer Jordan Love!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

MJeff posted:

Lmao if you think for one loving second you can trick me into believing the Lions are real.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

Lmao if you think for one loving second you can trick me into believing the Lions are real.

All of us lions fans are waiting for the other foot to drop

Off the side of a dock

And directly into an ocean of dogshit

But so far nothing terrible has happened :toot:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The Lions will easily take the division, but the Packers have done that for the past 10 years and still sucked poo poo in the postseason. It's really hard to gauge how good an NFCN team is when they get 6 cupcake games a season against each other.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
I do hope the lions play bullyball against the bears this year and have 60 run attempts en route to dominant 27-0 victories where the bears time of possession is like 13 minutes

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I am not waiting for it to go bad for the lions. I think they're for real and are a well built, well run organization now. Which is stunning to think about but I've processed that already and believe it.

I think it only goes bad this year if there are significant injuries they can't overcome.

Campbell has them too disciplined and focused to just go completely off the rails in ways like what's happening to the bears and vikings.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

trevorreznik posted:

I do hope the lions play bullyball against the bears this year and have 60 run attempts en route to dominant 27-0 victories where the bears time of possession is like 13 minutes

my god I was just thinking what kind of game monte has against them.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I want to kiss Dan Campbell on the mouth

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The Lions will do everything right and still come up short of a Super Bowl, and after a few seasons of that the Ford’s will decide it’s not worth the money/effort and go back to not even trying.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The Lions season will end in a wild-card round rematch with the Seahawks hth

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Danny LaFever posted:

my god I was just thinking what kind of game monte has against them.

I hope David Montgomery sets the NFL rushing record against the bears and they stop the game to honor him in the middle of the fourth quarter.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

I hope David Montgomery sets the NFL rushing record against the bears and they stop the game to honor him in the middle of the fourth quarter.

They'll have a video montage at the ready

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

C-Euro posted:

Shut up. You shut the hell up C-Euro!!!!!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dunno if it's just me but feels kinda harsh to go "Yeah, he used to look like he could be special."
Pass rush...

wukkar
Nov 27, 2009
Wait, they've made ten Saw movies? Is the latest one's main torture set piece about seeing if the victim can endure a Bears film session without gouging his eyes out?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Burn the Cole Kmet sneak play. You're not the Eagles, you don't have that push.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

C-Euro posted:

Nah. Sacrificial lamb at Jerryworld. Fat Mike gets the last laugh

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

GNU Order posted:

Burn the Cole Kmet sneak play. You're not the Eagles, you don't have that push.

I'm fine with it because there is the chance for a cool counter off of it they haven't run yet.

The Kmet like pitch to Fields or Herbert/Johnson would be a killer counter off of that Sneak play.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

C-Euro posted:

They will secure the bye and get blown out again

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SKULL.GIF posted:

2 seed doesn't travel to the 4 seed, Skull. The den will be raided and sacked by Cowboys. Please be accurate.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

MJeff posted:

Shut up. You shut the hell up C-Euro!!!!!

"They hated Jesus because he told the truth"

SKULL.GIF posted:

Division winners don't travel for wild card games though?????????????????????????

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I said early in Fields career that if the Bears ruined him, that would be what breaks me. I think that game did it. Is this how supervillains are made?

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Sataere posted:

I said early in Fields career that if the Bears ruined him, that would be what breaks me. I think that game did it. Is this how supervillains are made?

Kinda?
Tragic backstory...check
Insatiable lust for wealth and power?
Archnemesis?
A vision of the future where everyone suffers like you?
Henchmen?

You're on your way. Just a few more steps.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1708852729395753115

Ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Lmao Lucas Patrick.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Fat Mike's destiny is to lose Super Bowl 59 to the Aaron Rodgers Jets.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
People are saying Fields taking a grounding penalty there was a mistake and I don't get why:
They'd have burned a timeout if he's sacked. The yardage doesn't change if it's a sack (it's about 10 yards either way) the down doesn't change if it's a sack?
In fact, more QBs should try grounding on a drop back if they're getting sacked.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

MJeff posted:

To be fair the Packers offense just not playing for a half predates the Lions by a bit.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1708852729395753115

Ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Lmao Lucas Patrick.

i watched that clip 5 times. i'm still laughing

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
bears center having a newborn baby startle reflex, just throwing his hands out wide not knowing what's going on

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

imo Poles should have spent some money on the o-line

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

HootTheOwl posted:

People are saying Fields taking a grounding penalty there was a mistake and I don't get why:
They'd have burned a timeout if he's sacked. The yardage doesn't change if it's a sack (it's about 10 yards either way) the down doesn't change if it's a sack?
In fact, more QBs should try grounding on a drop back if they're getting sacked.

Intentional grounding after the two minute warning incurs a 10-second runoff, and the Bears ended up having to use their final timeout to avoid it.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

brugroffil posted:

imo Poles should have spent some money on the o-line

I remember when this was the knock against Jerry Angelo and the Bears kept trying to convert d-line guys to o-line for some reason. :corsair:

Like, do the McCaskey’s viscerally hate offensive linemen for some reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Lions are winning the Super Bowl, you clowns. It is pre-ordained.