Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

king charles bursted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I'm so close to going home

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Too Many Birds posted:

king charles bursted

Fingers dot jpg

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I have to unironically agree with Trump that being electrocuted to death is probably better than being eaten by a shark.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

quote:

Residents have reported power outages in Witney, Burford, Chipping Norton and Milton-under-Wychwood.

probably a substation or natgas plant

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

angerbot posted:

I have to unironically agree with Trump that being electrocuted to death is probably better than being eaten by a shark.

thinking about his hair standing on in like a cartoon but it's weird shape/silhouette cause he has the weird hair

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
How can you be taken seriously as a lawyer when your laptop is flashing a led light like you’re at a rave?

Just tremendous stupidity but par for the course with Trump.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

chipping norton?

it was jeremy clarkson who exploded then.

gregday
May 23, 2003

angerbot posted:

pet peeve of mine, "electrocuted" means death. It's a portmanteau of "electric" and "executed"

when people don't die, the word to use there is "shocked" or something else

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

tenderjerk posted:

his hair has gone haywire his past few public appearances, i think he had semi-boris hair a week ago

its probably been falling out from stress lol

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
https://i.imgur.com/RmTA1pL.mp4
need sound

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Did he bring enough to share with the rest of the court?

absolutely not

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Egg man, smash the mouth

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
hes live again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szF8nr4tf5o

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
I'm in my second week at the new job and fluctuate between i must be doing ok vs i must be dumb as gently caress and everyone already hates me

glad to see this feeling never goes away!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Bearjew posted:

posting from my 386

Smoke the peace pipe and trade wampum with the Mohawks

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Oglethorpe posted:

lightning struck the biogas

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Spaced God posted:

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

gregday posted:

pet peeve of mine, "electrocuted" means death. It's a portmanteau of "electric" and "executed"

when people don't die, the word to use there is "shocked" or something else

This is backwards. Look up the Latin.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Oglethorpe posted:

none of those places are real

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

angerbot posted:

good news, through ampullae of lorenzini (mama mia) sharks have an excellnt extra sense for detecting electric fields

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
electrocuted pikachu face

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

warning: goon meltdown

titty_baby_ posted:

I neg myself about my performance constantly and then my boss looks at whatever I did for like a second and says "good job! Keep it up" and idk if he's just trying to provide encouragement or if he doesn't really care

i got that for a bit

it's been frustrating. last few years has slowly been getting to, like, where 9/10s of my boss' code is stuff i've already started working on, or it's something in the code structure that's randomly off-base from what we've been doing, and would require dedicated project(s) to finish. he'll take something i started working on, surprise me w a bunch of his own ideas of how it should go, and then basically leave it to me to finish. i've just started telling him i have no idea what he wants to do with the things he wants to do, but it doesn't seem to matter.

it's not a problem, technically, we're a one-on-one kinda thing, and this kinda thing can happen in those relationships, it's just frustrating.

another person with decades of experience got promoted out of our dept less than a year into my job and it's been me ever since, putting this stuff together without knowing how to really work with anything we do, so we've needed to hire someone for about 2 years now.

i feel like i've just been in, like, survival mode, for years, and haven't gotten to internalize anything in my job, let alone coding in general. multiple people have been hired in other departments since, so i don't think it's a financial thing.

anyway, it'd make sense to me that since he is more familiar with the high-level code he has been writing and working w for years, i'd just be focused on stuff that doesn't really require much high level thought. that's the kinda thing the promoted coworker did -- "press button, did it get a response? okay move on," and since i'm relatively new in this career, it'd be less stuff to balance, and less stuff to have to organize and keep together and think about. plus, that was my job description. i've tried to steer us in that direction many times but his impulsivity makes that hard.

it's just like, i feel like i'm coding with brick walls on all sides, directly up to my face. no space to go in, no direction. and if there is one, it's completely random.. or even just like, really surprising, since the 1/10 of code he does make is something that works really well, and is clearly well-thought out. sometimes it's just like he seems more wrapped up in his own code projects than what the company would prioritize

he's dismissive of my ideas and has said stuff i make "sucks" in earshot of people, but he's also not like, a "mean" guy. he's just a disorganized boss who is kinda uninspiring to work for if i gotta be honest. lack of motivation. aloof.

the thing is, i want to see him do well and i want to help with that however i can. it'd be so cool if i could play a part in something like that. i don't want to just give up on him, especially if he has some weird semblance of progress that i am just not getting

i guess the job stresses me out, but i've been getting better at just ignoring it (lol, this post), they pay me well and nobody's yelled at me so far. idk what to do about references or interviews anyway, and "survival mode" is all i've been for almost a decade now, including my old job. it's like i've gotten nothing out of the past decade, especially things i could talk about in an interview.

besides, i've never had an interview where i get the job on my own accord, it's just been friends going "yeah he seems smart and talented and capable" and then me letting them down because i can't do any of it. the interviews i have had that were successful, it's been people going "well, he looks more qualified on paper than he was in-person, so why not" which, idk, is just not true for me. or, it's been on a friend's suggestion. it's like i'm stuck giving good impressions with nothing to back it up.

it sucks, code is something i have wanted to get good at for a long time. idk if these are just standard working conditions in coding-land for young people but i don't get how anyone can ever figure out what's going on, or even begin, let alone keep up. i feel like people can come up with their own methods/systems of getting things done, thinking about things, and after years, get better at finding ways to generally apply and improve on them. there's like, a foundation you get to build when you just start out and you're able to build on it. i had that for a sec. i've kinda just started working on home coding projects, i feel like i actually go somewhere there.

it's just, i swear, the decades-long work survival mode has made it so it's like i only know how to spit out random poo poo that can get the thing done, but shittily. my brain just loving sucks. it's like everything i make is unstructured in the way that the rubble just isn't even there, it just somehow gets there. it is also very likely i am too stupid for this job, so that is something i consider too. nothing seems to stick

anyway. here's a really good, long list of complaints that i'm sure is worth the read :popeye: please dont quote this hope i never see this post again

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

lmao

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Spaced God posted:

No I looked it's still hours

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Flavahbeast posted:

lightning struck the biogas

they're gonna use this as part of their war against green energy lol

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1708944037556674764

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

what im saying is if you buy an electric car the sharks will find you

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Hang in there, code goon. It gets better, but it doesn't sound like you're in a great environment to thrive. If you've been in that space for over a year and there's just so much of it that you still feeling lost and not getting what you need you really should consider finding a different place. Everyplace has some of what you describe, but it sounds pretty extreme. Just getting into a larger team where you can *work* with and *learn* from others can make a huge difference.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

kaleedity posted:

what im saying is if you buy an electric car the sharks will find you

It's true. I'm getting eaten by sharks right now and I haven't even bought an electric vehicle yet.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
at the rate he's alienating lawyers he's going to have to start shipping grandkids off to law school

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Ben Nerevarine posted:

at the rate he's alienating lawyers he's going to have to start shipping grandkids off to law school

Tiffany Trump graduated from law school a while back. Where is she when her father needs help?

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

DrPossum posted:

using windows in tyool 2023 is much akin to McDonalds. It's minimally produced garbage for literal children who have underdeveloped tastes and really can't know any better

Counterpoint: I hate macs and im too lazy to figure out Linux

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I should use that custom Christian OS made my that schizo dude

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

:same:

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

too poor for apple

too dumb for linux

time for windows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

titty_baby_ posted:

I should use that custom Christian OS made my that schizo dude

quote:

God's temple is finished. Now, God kills CIA until it spreads.

what was his account, who stopped posting in 2018