Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

When is the US Army going to reintroduce batmen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

dxt posted:

Looking great for my FCOJ futures!

What's weird is I haven't had a glass of orange juice I would actually classify as "good" since before the pandemic. Even skipping the ones made with perfume, the quality's gone downhill something fierce.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

StratGoatCom posted:

considering how badly the experimental SARS jabs went in some cases, and that was a kissing cousin of that monster.... well, they earned that because 'functional and safe but not great' is a drat sight better then it could have been with this slippery clade and first gen human RNA vaccine implementation.

come on, its a lot better than ‘not great’. its incredibly effective. I know we’re all doombrained here but getting that good of a vaccine that quickly against a novel virus is pretty incredible, as all the people in the countries that were denied that would tell you

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
i knew a number of people who did time at the hospitality mines after high school before college. you get to live in a strange place, far away from your parents, with other stupid young people, drink, smoke, poo poo and gently caress, and then when the season is over you can leave. lmao at spending tuition on this.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

RealityWarCriminal posted:

i knew a number of people who did time at the hospitality mines after high school before college. you get to live in a strange place, far away from your parents, with other stupid young people, drink, smoke, poo poo and gently caress, and then when the season is over you can leave. lmao at spending tuition on this.

From what I've heard, as least in the ski industry, those days are over as even the hostels are prohibitively expensive and the jobs don't pay poo poo anymore.

I don't know if this is just Canada, but the immigrant labour brought in to drive down wages are... Australian.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Dang, I didn't realize that was michael lewis; I forgot he's writing a book about sam bankfraudman.

But lol at this:

https://twitter.com/60Minutes/status/1708626918562549990

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

FrancisFukyomama posted:

is it true that the YouTube algorithm boosts soyfaces and that’s why all YouTubers look like that

yes. I am also once agin reminding everyone the new youtube ceo is a cryptobro.

consider this fact next time you see a bunch of spambots in a youtube comment section

https://twitter.com/BleepinComputer/status/1708859715164193234?t=HWfN-BKx1RssnEwHs-02aQ&s=19

PromotedTweet
https://twitter.com/Pokerface_game/status/1701147508146098504?t=C2bdp9YRwdBbx-40HJpskg&s=19

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

kazmeyer posted:

What's weird is I haven't had a glass of orange juice I would actually classify as "good" since before the pandemic. Even skipping the ones made with perfume, the quality's gone downhill something fierce.

yeah I don’t buy oj anymore because it’s watery garbage, and never particularly liked carton oj in the first place but it’s definitely way worse. surprised that many people even buy it tbf

now grapefruit juice is where it’s at, pro tier breakfast juice. good glass of grapefruit juice with eggs bacon hashbrow slices of bread n cheese is absolutely divine

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

anime was right posted:

really think this is it. we're in it.

good news: the recession we’re not currently in but that may begin in 1-3 quarters will be over soon

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

euphronius posted:

that vaccine was so effective at ending covid

good award

It went from experimental technology to injected into hundreds of millions of people in less than two years. It is effective and safe at what it is, and it's ineffectiveness has to do with the biology of coronaviruses, not with the vaccine platform itself as a technology. Politics aside, and with all the usual caveats of our capitalist hellworld, it was a great triumph of science.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
if it's such a triumph why don't i have giant breasts from it? check mate

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Now a couple of big pharmaceutical companies own an exclusive patent to the vaccine, which means that great times are ahead paying exorbitant amounts for that great triumph of science.

:capitalism:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Find the RNA that encodes giant breasts and be the change you want to see

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Now a couple of big pharmaceutical companies own an exclusive patent to the vaccine, which means that great times are ahead paying exorbitant amounts for that great triumph of science.

:capitalism:

Our system isn't capable of any other outcome, hth

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Nothus posted:

Our system isn't capable of any other outcome, hth

Exactly. Profit motive destroys everything it touches.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Preexisting condition

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

went to get the new booster and I had to reschedule it to a month from now because my insurance decided that I shouldn’t get it from my local walgreens that has it in stock now; I should instead get it from another one a town over that won’t have it for a month

greatest system in the world

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Nanomashoes posted:

went to get the new booster and I had to reschedule it to a month from now because my insurance decided that I shouldn’t get it from my local walgreens that has it in stock now; I should instead get it from another one a town over that won’t have it for a month

lol they Calvinball'd you and it wasn't even to a different chain, just a random other Walgreens?

Was the pharmacist there out of network for the week?

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Is this good or bad?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
SurprisedPikachuFaceMeme.jpg

https://twitter.com/FBoversight/status/1708805978680877485?t=O0TOZ8h7XCH1hXkRhNfrpg&s=19

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

skooma512 posted:

lol they Calvinball'd you and it wasn't even to a different chain, just a random other Walgreens?

Was the pharmacist there out of network for the week?

different chain, but the pharmacist at the walgreens was out the week before. i think the place is understaffed. also my insurance edited their website to remove the sentence “we cover the vaccine anywhere” in between me signing up for the shot and getting it. I checked the revision history.

having cheap insurance is worse than no insurance in this country. medicare covers it anywhere for free.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Ebola Roulette posted:

Is this good or bad?

past performance does not necessarily equate to future results but

err has issued a correction as of 22:40 on Oct 2, 2023

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

err posted:

past performance does not necessarily equate to future results but

Naw that's not right, this peak is just Bidenomics.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Addendum:

I don't buy for a second they aren't also using Private FB account either :lol: are they loving kidding?

"We here at Meta value the privacy of our rubeUsers. But the various Data Brokers who pay us a hefty fee to buy, repackage and resale your Private FB data to various other Third-party entities hold no such aspersions"

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

https://twitter.com/megangrA/status/1708892621433672072?t=zr3rzggxgnb1cXmYWyXCiA&s=19

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

xaris voice: enshittification

err has issued a correction as of 23:18 on Oct 2, 2023

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Holy poo poo lmao

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

err posted:

xaris voice: enshittification

that's right :smuggo:

been saying google has gone to poo poo for about 5 years now. its very funny when people try to gaslight going "nuh uh! same as it's always been! just SEO is better now!". like yeah loving right, it's so blatantly hosed up that you have to be bonafide brain damaged to not notice it

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

yeah like ive noticed itll get results without my query in it at all. itll do so much stuff for you the end result is incoherent

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

Holy poo poo lmao

including results with: stomp on my balls

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Nanomashoes posted:

just go back and say you need to use the bridge access program for the vaccine because your insurance won't cover it. just completely sidestep your insurance

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

idk how to interpret this partition other than "it is now cool to jack off 2feet away from the guy sleeping next to you" lol

I wish I’d had that in my college dorm.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

kazmeyer posted:

I try to only get OJ from the uni's farm store that the AG dept runs. The entire logistic chain from tree to jug is all of 2 miles.

Excellent juice, would recommend.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

ha ha ha, look at this idiot, this absolute loving moron

he doesn't know that food prices are highly volatile and therefore not to be included in inflation indices

jesus, how embarrassing

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Joey Steel posted:

I try to only get OJ from the uni's farm store that the AG dept runs. The entire logistic chain from tree to jug is all of 2 miles.

Excellent juice, would recommend.

the quality difference between actual orange juice and the poo poo they sell for $6 a jug in stores is ridiculous

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

Holy poo poo lmao

From another thread, but...

Fitzy Fitz posted:

In hindsight it should have been obvious from the start that the internet wouldn't last

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

i only desire NIKOLAI BRAND KIDSWEAR

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Edit: wrong thread

Flavahbeast has issued a correction as of 00:26 on Oct 3, 2023

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1708873977408471402?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

shrike82 posted:

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1708873977408471402?s=20
Florida has overtaken New York to become the second most-valuable US housing market, per Zillow.
quoting for posterity