Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Docjowles posted:

:rip:

Last year I was winning going into the final moments of the last game (I think we both coincedentally were all done after the Sunday afternoon games). Only the Colts and somebody (Commanders maybe?) were still playing, I had the Colts defense, my opponent had nobody. ESPN had been showing 99% win probability for a while. The Colts defense allowed a TD in the closing seconds of the game which put me behind by less than 1 point and I lost. That was a "go directly to the liquor cabinet, do not pass Go, do not collect $200" kind of loss.

e: yeah it was Washington, last minute QB sneak by Heinicke. lol. This is definitely not burned into my brain as an all time tilting loss or anything :shepicide:

the memories that are so beautiful, they can never be forgotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Docjowles posted:

:rip:

Last year I was winning going into the final moments of the last game (I think we both coincedentally were all done after the Sunday afternoon games). Only the Colts and somebody (Commanders maybe?) were still playing, I had the Colts defense, my opponent had nobody. ESPN had been showing 99% win probability for a while. The Colts defense allowed a TD in the closing seconds of the game which put me behind by less than 1 point and I lost. That was a "go directly to the liquor cabinet, do not pass Go, do not collect $200" kind of loss.

e: yeah it was Washington, last minute QB sneak by Heinicke. lol. This is definitely not burned into my brain as an all time tilting loss or anything :shepicide:

I was on the other end of this one time many years ago.

It was a baseball roto fantasy league with a bunch of friends. The literal last pitch of the baseball season (on a sunday night) was a strikeout that was also a save. I had that closer and that gave me exactly the 2 points I needed to overtake first place. That was wild. :cheers:

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I lost by .03 because the Chiefs wouldn't stop giving the ball to Pacheco at the end of the game

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Varg posted:

I lost by .03 because the Chiefs wouldn't stop giving the ball to Pacheco at the end of the game

the best part is ... this is a thing that almost actually never happens with the chiefs. Yet, they felt like it yesterday.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I might just be bad at fantasy.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Mahomes sliding at the 1 clinched a win for me AND made a bunch of sports bettors very angry so win-win imo

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Freaquency posted:

Mahomes sliding at the 1 clinched a win for me AND made a bunch of sports bettors very angry so win-win imo

clinched a pretty rare close win for me too in one league. Usually I lose close ones in heartbreaking fashion.

If the Jets had one more drive -- my opponent just need like... 2.20 more and had both Garrett Wilson and Michael Carter in -- in a PPR fashion. I would have been done for sure, since Carter seems to be in on all "fast breaks".

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

kiimo posted:

thread title material.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

Most relatable post in years

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Look, I'm not bad at fantasy it's the coaches who keep calling the wrong plays and quarterbacks who just refuse to give the ball to their best players who just so happen to be on my fantasy team.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

No, it is the players who are bad.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Gearman posted:

This but unironically for all my Alexander Mattison shares. The usage is god tier, but… he sucks. So bad. Just a huge lol that the fantasy world was waiting for years for him to get his shot and he face plants. Every time I watch him fumble or have a ball go right through his hands I want to hit the drop button.

His point total isn’t awful but a better back with his usage would be like last years Josh Jacobs

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 2, 2023

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Gearman posted:

Yes we are nigh infallible beings who can only be let down by the elite athletes (and their doofus coaches) we put on our fake football teams

T-Square
May 14, 2009

ChocolatePancake posted:

Look, I'm not bad at fantasy it's the coaches who keep calling the wrong plays and quarterbacks who just refuse to give the ball to their best players who just so happen to be on my fantasy team.

To be fair Josh McDaniels not challenging that Davante Adams TD non-call and subsequently giving Josh Jacobs the TD instead very nearly lost my matchup for me and my friend who has Adams is in a very close matchup that he’s probably gonna lose and that very well could have saved him!

So yeah drat the coaches! (Refs too)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What's the worst negative fantasy score ever?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

for a single player/unit? would probably have to be some defense that go absolutely demolished with like 3 picks 6s, 40 points allowed, an int or three, and so forth.

players can only be so bad. if a qb gives up 3 int, odds are they're not playing in the game much longer. a defense can't be subbed out.

e: ryan leaf has a -10 day. good lord.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Oct 3, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Asking for a friend?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I dunno but I feel like the worst KIND of negative fantasy score is when you have one player left, and you're winning and the other owner is done and your last player left is your hometown team's DEF/Special Teams and instead of sitting them you play them because of course they're going to kick rear end on Monday Night Football and you get negative points and lose.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Denver defense got -6 against the dolphins and that was including a touchdown the broncos got on a kick return. ESPN standard scoring.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

abelwingnut posted:

for a single player/unit? would probably have to be some defense that go absolutely demolished with like 3 picks 6s, 40 points allowed, an int or three, and so forth.l

How is a defense forcing turnovers and scoring TD’s equaling a negative score? Those are good things for a defense to do.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

RCarr posted:

How is a defense forcing turnovers and scoring TD’s equaling a negative score? Those are good things for a defense to do.

yea, ignore that. i got things mixed in my head. i meant when a defense gives up a ton of points and yards. my league counts yards against, so that can rack up real quick. i've also seen some leagues where you get dinged a point or two for 50+yd plays, so that can get wild too.

main point is a defense has to play. a player doesn't, so one defense just collapsing can get very negative very quick.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

kiimo posted:

I dunno but I feel like the worst KIND of negative fantasy score is when you have one player left, and you're winning and the other owner is done and your last player left is your hometown team's DEF/Special Teams and instead of sitting them you play them because of course they're going to kick rear end on Monday Night Football and you get negative points and lose.

This happened yesterday with loving Kansas city. Granted I still won by 33pts, but I would have won by 46 and been the highest scoring team this week.

Unironically dropped KC for DET and won’t be looking back. Let hutch eat.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Very sorry that your fantasy team and your real team won.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Trade away Waddle or Ridley for Kyren in a 1 PPR, 2 flex league?

Current lineup:

RB: Mixon
RB: Miles Sanders
WR: JJ
WR: Ridley
Flex 1: Waddle
Flex 2: Tutu
Bench: Rachaad White, Charbonnet, Tyjae Spears, Gus Bus

Team just isn't very good, but I'm not sure trading for Kyren solves anything. And I'm likely buying high and selling low.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

I feel like Nathan Peterman had a very bad negative score once. Maybe… -7? -8?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Looks like Peyton Manning was -6.6 in standard scoring in the 2015 week 10 game where he was benched.

5/20 for 35 yards with 4 INT :eyepoop:

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Oct 3, 2023

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Seattle is currently doing exactly what I had expected KC to do against the jets

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Walker with a 30 yard run. I'm down 0.24 :ohdear:

5 yard run, I take the lead!!!

FG game is over wooo!

Giants quickly turn it over. Walker for some reason gets one more carry, gets stuffed for a 4 yard loss, and then sits on the bench

I lose by 0.04

lmao

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
First week I win one game
Second week I win two games
Third week I win three games
Fourth week I win four games

Now I am out of leagues, hopefully it does not start counting back down.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Walker with a 30 yard run. I'm down 0.24 :ohdear:

5 yard run, I take the lead!!!

FG game is over wooo!

Giants quickly turn it over. Walker for some reason gets one more carry, gets stuffed for a 4 yard loss, and then sits on the bench

I lose by 0.04

lmao

This same sequence led to me winning one league by 0.4pts because my opponent had walker and losing another by 0.04 by going against the Seattle defenders lol

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Starting Seattle defense and McCaffrey got me the highest scores in the league for the 3rd week in a row.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I was within 1.2 with Brieda against my friend's Waller tonight then Waller got another two receptions and put it away. Fantasy football.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Seattle is currently doing exactly what I had expected KC to do against the jets

This isn’t a DFS audience but this is why I never play the chalk defense. There’s a great chance some random rear end team performs the same or better at half the cost because football is insane

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dallas defense is the truth

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

RCarr posted:

Dallas defense is the truth

I have never felt more divorced from a fantasy vs real life take. But, hell, they are the only reason a couple of my teams are still alive

:haibrow:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Tempted to drop KC D for Detroit D.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

Tempted to drop KC D for Detroit D.

I already did lol

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Welp according to Sleeper/FantasyPros Taylor is likely going to hold out for a trade, so my fantasy trade acquiring him was probably a bust, assuming Irsay won’t play ball

Least I got Bijan out of it though :shrug:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I think i've gotta take this trade, right? It's a tough one though.

My: Tyreek Hill and Rhamondre Stevenson
His: Bijan Robinson and Garrett Wilson

I really don't wanna lose Tyreek, but it's Bijan. It would shore up some issues I have at RB. I have Rhamondre obviously, but also Alexander Mattison, Tyler Allgeier and Roschon Johnson. I have a pretty deep WR line up with Tyreek Hill, CeeDee Lamb, Brandon Aiyuk, Amari Cooper and Drake London.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Docjowles posted:

I have never felt more divorced from a fantasy vs real life take. But, hell, they are the only reason a couple of my teams are still alive

:haibrow:

lol I auto drafted dallas d because it pressed the button on some backup RB late. fantasy is a skill game