Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

don't read me bitching about film

Just found out that Gary Glitter's Rock and Roll Part 2 is the song that plays in the joker dancing down the stairs scene.

What an absolute failure of a scene.

"Durrr I play the pump up song. get him to dance on stairs awkwardly, and then have him run like a Bitch. I know story." - loving Loser director

I kept thinking the scene had some sort classical / symphonic music to emphasize the contrast of High Art and a loving clown face.

Nope It's a scene where the fearful directory made the scene lovely specifically because they knew just enough about film to make something ironic and hide behind a veneer of "realism."
"well he's an awkward and broken man so we had to make the scene lovely."

No they are a coward director that if asked "is the joker a hero' They would sheepishly say "uhhh not really, but in s-s-s-ome ways one could see...."

What a waste of a scene, a song and money.
If you're going to do it. loving Do it.

No, you play loving song, give him a beat perfect dance, and then it ends with him busting some guy's head open on a 'YEAH" and laughing.

it's good actually

https://i.imgur.com/ikiuNA3.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/ZCFLIBC.mp4https://i.imgur.com/MH57dWX.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/fsVWV4A.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

lol life

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

gently caress you

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

Lux Anima posted:

I binged the first season last week, and the animation on that show gets p. sickkknastee sometimes! :megadeath:

arcane is better than it has any right to be

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

considering the source material is the videogame where the angriest children on the planet go to type racial slurs into all chat.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

don't read me bitching about film

Just found out that Gary Glitter's Rock and Roll Part 2 is the song that plays in the joker dancing down the stairs scene.

What an absolute failure of a scene.

"Durrr I play the pump up song. get him to dance on stairs awkwardly, and then have him run like a Bitch. I know story." - loving Loser director

I kept thinking the scene had some sort classical / symphonic music to emphasize the contrast of High Art and a loving clown face.

Nope It's a scene where the fearful directory made the scene lovely specifically because they knew just enough about film to make something ironic and hide behind a veneer of "realism."
"well he's an awkward and broken man so we had to make the scene lovely."

No they are a coward director that if asked "is the joker a hero' They would sheepishly say "uhhh not really, but in s-s-s-ome ways one could see...."

What a waste of a scene, a song and money.
If you're going to do it. loving Do it.

No, you play loving song, give him a beat perfect dance, and then it ends with him busting some guy's head open on a 'YEAH" and laughing.

i loved that they went with Rock & Roll 2 instead of whatever it appeared to be in the trailer, that poo poo came out of nowhere, and it's such an iconic and weird song, especially if you know the history of Gary Glitter

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

joker trump

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
come on the scene where he's getting inside the loving fridge lmao

there's so many fantastically weird choices in that flick

anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I1FWje5LBE

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

i am harry posted:

is what actually a real photo?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Too Many Birds posted:

dave filoni wears a fedora in every photo and video i've seen of him and the nerds believe he is the rightful star wars lore creator.

i think the biggest nerd should be blamed for star wars

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

shes playing classic wow hardcore

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Star Wars is good actually, especially the universe and lore

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The guy who helps the heroes land is named Lando.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

habba habba *bowtie spins*

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Spergin Morlock posted:

3lb? THATS A LOT OF NUTS

in a row?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Lux Anima posted:

Im not a huge fan of imagine dragons, even though I saw em at a festival in sanfran once

their song 'ENEMY' is the main theme song for the adult cg anime ARCANE (a League of Legends setting Netflix show) and it is the type of music a Jokery/Harley type should prefer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9G1VOjN_84
I binged the first season last week, and the animation on that show gets p. sickkknastee sometimes! :megadeath:

ive considered watching it but i cant officially cross the line of wasting mind space actually knowing stuff about league of legends no matter how tangental

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Star Wars is handled by nerds and they get yelled at by other nerds. It’s like the old days at the comic book shop.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

star wars loving sucks

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

smarxist posted:

wrong: it's how the music and the scene come together

see: jizz, blue muppets, ewoks dancing

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

just as bad as harry potter fans

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Schmoe Cwead posted:

ive considered watching it but i cant officially cross the line of wasting mind space actually knowing stuff about league of legends no matter how tangental

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Abrams is a Star Wars nerd and that is the problem that Star Wars nerds don’t get.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Lux Anima posted:

wrong: it's how the music and the scene come together

see: jizz, blue muppets, ewoks dancing

Remake joker, but it's ewoks, vs storm troopers

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

smarxist posted:

sorry but it went WOKE when it took out the JIZZ

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Lux Anima posted:

Im not a huge fan of imagine dragons, even though I saw em at a festival in sanfran once

their song 'ENEMY' is the main theme song for the adult cg anime ARCANE (a League of Legends setting Netflix show) and it is the type of music a Jokery/Harley type should prefer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9G1VOjN_84

i couldnt get into it despite liking lol

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Schmoe Cwead posted:

spoilers: she gets fed in the lanes and then uses her ult

truth be told I was only paying attention when the music kicked in for action sequences - I felt they had a respect for the tracks they'd pick for the fun

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

after watching the rlm rotj commentary ive decided that rotj is technically not good

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

CODChimera posted:

after watching the rlm rotj commentary ive decided that rotj is technically not good

what

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Star Wars is handled by nerds and they get yelled at by other nerds. It’s like the old days at the comic book shop.

or the right now of SA forums

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Plinkeh.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

CODChimera posted:

RotJ was made as an apology for people apparently hating The Empire Strike Back. It bests Rise of Skywalker by miles but still lol that Star Wars makes everyone mad for both right and wrong reasons.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Plinkeh.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Plink-plink-plinkeh, in the place 2b!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsMZ_-wXRnU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
uhh what, apparently jeff sponsored the new whang video? lol

i wonder if we'll get an influx if regs, that might be fun

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

smarxist posted:

i loved that they went with Rock & Roll 2 instead of whatever it appeared to be in the trailer, that poo poo came out of nowhere, and it's such an iconic and weird song, especially if you know the history of Gary Glitter

The first song on his 2001 album "On" is "Rock Hard Man (parts 1&2)"

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

rofl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

the internet makes you stupid