Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

VulgarandStupid posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2452090/GREED_IS_GOOD/

Greed is good playtest is out. It looks soooooo much better than DaD, but plays worse because I don't think they've done a balancing pass yet. It really makes you wonder why DaD has to look so ugly and be such a blurry mess.

Pretty sure they also bought assets and looks ugly in a similar way.

edit: lol some of the player animations are nearly identical is not identical.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I'm sure they are just using the exact same assets from the Unity store that DaD is using, so no surprise.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Groovelord Neato posted:

Pretty sure they also bought assets and looks ugly in a similar way.

edit: lol some of the player animations are nearly identical is not identical.

100%, in exactly the same way DaD bought the same assets as P3.

I'm just saying that the lighting or filters or whatever look much better. I doubt its better for gameplay reasons, as there's clearly supposed to be parts you can see and can't see at all in DaD.

ShowTime posted:

I'm sure they are just using the exact same assets from the Unity store that DaD is using, so no surprise.

UE store, not Unity.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
That's what I meant, thanks.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

VulgarandStupid posted:

100%, in exactly the same way DaD bought the same assets as P3.

P3 had different (maybe in-house) assets going by the screenshots I saw.

The lighting definitely looks better in Greed is Good.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the lighting and blurry smear of darker and darker look better imo

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
**Early Access Patch #1**

@everyone, We will be doing the Patch #1 update starting at <t:1695771000>. 
When the patch starts, you will not be able to login to the game and players in-game will not be able to enter the matchmaking pool during this time.
Players in a match or in-game will have 30 minutes to complete the match and exit safely. 
The server will return to full service 4 hours after the patch starts.

**Fixes:**
- Fixed an issue where the player character's hair could appear strangely depending on the head armor.
- Fixed an issue where the player character's inner face could be exposed.
- Fixed an issue where T pose could be exposed when consuming a potion.
- Fixed an issue where the ankles could appear turned when sitting down after wearing the Battle Axe.
- Fixed an issue where Reactive Shield and Dark Reflection could not be activated.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes item options were not created properly.
- Fixed an issue where the Torch skin was missing animations.
- Fixed an issue where the lantern would sometimes not light up.
- Fixed an issue where hit sounds would be played when goblins die.
-Fixed an issue where Dark Swarm's next area could be designated as the outskirts of the map.
- Fixed an issue where if you drank a potion and used Stealth outside of Dark Swarm, Stealth would not be broken even if you took damage.
- Fixed an issue where the Trading Post's rarity filter was sorted by name rather than by rarity.
- Fixed an issue in Trading Post where text that was too long would disappear instead of being printed to the next line.
- Fixed an incorrectly installed portal.
- Fixed an issue where Warlocks could not be granted Karma.
- Fixed background objects with incorrect collision.
- Fixed several issues that were causing crashes.

**Updates:**
- Sounds have been added to UI, Items, Perks, Skills, Spells, etc.
- Water sounds now play when you step on water.
- 7 new emotes have been added.
- A feature has been added to receive server maintenance notices in-game.
- Additional protection added against possible security vulnerabilities.
- Barbarian and Fighter's face shapes have been modified.
- Bard reworked to make the class more gear and attribute dependent.
- Added new attributes: Manual Dexterity, Persuasion.
- Warlock's Curse of Pain now has a slightly more generous aim.
- 2 new perks have been added to Warlocks: Curse Mastery, Vampirism.
- 8 new spells have been added to Warlocks: Bolt of Darkness, Evil Eye, Bloodstained Blade, Flame Walker, Life Drain, Ray of Darkness, Eldritch Shield, Summon Hydra.
- Rogue will no longer break stealth when bumped if the Pickpocket perk is equipped.
- Rogue's Hide cooldown changed from 45s -> 40s.
- Rogue's CutThroat cooldown changed from 60s -> 28s.
- Ranger's Quickshot now fires a different amount of arrows based on the Bow type.
- Ranger's Quickshot cooldown changed from 18s -> 28s.
- Ranger's Multishot cooldown changed from 35s -> 28s.
- Ranger's PenetratingShot cooldown changed from 28s -> 24s.
- Hunting Trap only deals 1 damage per second at all rarities.
- Wizard's Fireball damage changed 30/15 -> 25/10.
- All weapon damage has been rebalanced.
- Most armors have been updated and give additional bonuses in addition to just armor rating.
- Armor rating curve slightly reduced at the upper end due to the higher overall armor values.
- The value range of most random modifiers have been rebalanced.
- Battle Axe now has a slightly longer range.
- Torches and Lanterns give a slight movement speed advantage rather than a penalty.
- Rarity-specific skins have been added for the Drum and Lyre.
- Coin Bag that holds up to 500 gold coins has been added. Must be crafted at the Leathersmith.
- Coin Chest that holds up to 3000 gold coins has been added. Must be found from the Treasure Hoards.
- 4 new artifacts have been added: Echo of Screams, Soulreaper, Deathbloom, Stinky Stick.
- Cloak's cloth simulation has been slightly optimized.
- Item skins are now displayed properly on the paper-doll.
- Lockpick drop rate has been increased.
- The names of level modules are now displayed on the minimap.
- Additional layouts added to the Normal Goblin Caves map pool.
- High-Roller Crypt maps increased from a 4x4 to a 5x5 size.
- The Normal and High Roller Crypt now share the same map pool.
- Added an extra Dark Swarm's phase so players don’t need to traverse as much distance at once.
- Updated environments for approximately 40 level modules.
- Level object density for Ruins and Crypts has been increased.
- A portal has been added to the outskirts of Ruins.
- The Rusty Iron Door has been re-added to the High-Roller pool.
- New Royal Coffins have been added to the dungeons.
- Previous Gold Chests have returned to the dungeons as Marvelous Chests.
- Additional attack patterns added to the Nightmare version of the monsters in the Goblin Cave.
- Skeleton Champion animations have been updated.
- Royal Guard animation has been updated.
- Ruins Golem subboss has been added.
- Merchants updated to sell a much larger amount and variety of items.
- Greater Luck Potion has been added to the Fortune Teller.
- New craft and mining items added.
- Equipment Slot filter has been added to Trading Post.
- Trading Post now displays a Timestamp.
- Several other changes not listed were included.

Thank you for your patience.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
hot fuckin drat the merchant/crafting updates are nuts. super duper massive changes to equipment stats too.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

BaconCopter posted:

hot fuckin drat the merchant/crafting updates are nuts. super duper massive changes to equipment stats too.

Yeah merchant changes are insane you can buy some sick gear and even craft legendaries.

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus
The discord link is invalid. Do y'all got another discord link? Let's stab some mans together.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Let me know if this one works or if it doesn't: https://discord.gg/9Knzn9uw

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dev posted "The gear gap test is over" in discord and I really hope that doesn't mean they're reverting the changes because the gear flattening and merchant changes are the best thing they've done to the game since I started playing.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

Dev posted "The gear gap test is over" in discord and I really hope that doesn't mean they're reverting the changes because the gear flattening and merchant changes are the best thing they've done to the game since I started playing.

I would assume the opposite, as the gap is small now.

I had a great time ratting crypts solo on the ranger last night. Managed to escape 7 out of 9 runs, even got a couple kills. 3-mans didn't fair so well, though we did wipe five one round and got 2 out of 3 extracted. Idk what it is, but it seems my group gets worse when we play together.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
**Early Access Hotfix #14**

**Patch Notes:**
- Fixed a rollback issue where players would revert to a previous state when exiting a dungeon.
- Fixed Occultist Boots movement speed.
- Fixed an issue where Curse of Pain's instant damage would not occur when the Warlock uses Curse Mastery.
- Fixed an issue where Power of Sacrifice could not deal damage when the Warlock uses Curse Mastery.
- Lantern/Torch additional movement speed has been adjusted to 0.
- Lanterns can now appear with random modifiers at the higher rarities.
- Damage for all daggers has been slightly increased.
- Rogue's Trap Detection range has been increased from 400 → 450.
- Rogue's Jokester range has been increased from 350 → 450.
- Rogue's Ambush physical damage bonus changed from 30% → 50%.
- Rogue's Weak Point attack armor rating reduction has been changed from 25% → 30%, and the duration has been changed from 3s → 4s.
- Ranger's Chase range has been increased from 400 → 450.
- Bard's Warsong range has been increased from 350 → 450.
- Bard's Story Teller range has been increased from 350 → 450.
- Jack-O-Lantern has returned.
- Regular merchants no longer sell Epic items.
- The random modifier properties that appear on the colored rarity items have been reverted to give the much larger value range and larger variety including the +all attributes from before the previous patch. This means that checking the rolls for your items means just as much or more than just the color grade of the item.
- Sub-bosses and Special Chests such as the Lion’s Head, Golden Chests, Marvelous, and Royal Coffins will always give colored grade loot now.
- Soulreaper name changed to Soulscraper.

**What's missing from the Patch #1:**
- The volume of footsteps that occur when walking crouched has been slightly reduced.
- Barbarian's Ironwill now ignores knockback.

**Developer Notes:**
With the Early Access Patch #1 we wanted to have a clean baseline to start balancing the numerous weapons, armors, and classes. In order to do this we needed to flatten and restrict the range of values of many of the parameters in the game. Our plan is to slowly build up from this baseline with what we’ve observed and learned during the EA to get to a sweetspot that players across a wide range of needs can enjoy the game. Now that we’ve had our run with the nerfhammer, we’ll start to work the dials and start working on some buffs one by one.

We also realized that although the changes to the Merchants had the intended effect of reducing the stress of gearing up, we may have made it a little too easy, thus dis-incentivizing the value of loot more than we wanted. In order to put more value into the higher grades of loot we have decided to revert to the more dynamic random modifiers from before EA Patch #1. We have also slightly tuned these modifiers so some of the more desirable stats are even better than before. We have also removed the epic items from the Merchants so that the higher grade items are even more valuable. However as an alternate means to still attain some of these high grade items outside the dungeons, we have reintroduced Jack O Lantern. Finally, we want to motivate players to still obtain these loots from inside the dungeons and have made the SubBosses and special chests as special POIs that will always drop guaranteed higher quality loot.

Thanks always for your patience and understanding as we build this game together. See you in the dungeons!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bad changes besides occultist boots speed, iron will fix, and miniboss/chest change.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Sure hoping the +all attributes note doesn't mean they're bringing back +3 all attribute rolls again.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
They’ve already said +3 was too much so bringing it back would be pretty dumb. The notes are vague enough to mean lots of things

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Demon Of The Fall posted:

They’ve already said +3 was too much so bringing it back would be pretty dumb. The notes are vague enough to mean lots of things

Seen +2 all and +3 weapon damage which are both bad for the game.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

TW: r*ddit posting

That group resoundingly thinks gear compression happened so they could figure out if the complaints were a result of gear gap or if gear gap was a mask for skill deficiency. And it seems like skill deficiency is largely to blame.

That being said, I don't mind vendor loot being so available, and I'd be okay with it being capped at blue (or even green if we kept the same volume).

I hope they don't backfill existing items because I might've stockpiled a bunch a pairs of occultist boots.

The skill deficiency of dying to a ranger whose longbow does 70+ for body shots by stacking weapon and phys damage items.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Sep 29, 2023

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

TW: r*ddit posting

That group resoundingly thinks gear compression happened so they could figure out if the complaints were a result of gear gap or if gear gap was a mask for skill deficiency. And it seems like skill deficiency is largely to blame.

That being said, I don't mind vendor loot being so available, and I'd be okay with it being capped at blue (or even green if we kept the same volume).

I hope they don't backfill existing items because I might've stockpiled a bunch a pairs of occultist boots.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yeah they hosed up pretty bad with this hotfix I don't know what they were thinking. Plus weapon damage rolls on everything it could before again (and now lanterns) and the range is way too high for everything.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Sep 29, 2023

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I think gear rolls needed to be improved a bit from the initial iteration of this patch, but it's pretty absurd now. I look forward to eventually getting oneshot by a single arrow to the chest because the wearer has +2 all and +weapon damage on everything.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Einwand posted:

I think gear rolls needed to be improved a bit from the initial iteration of this patch, but it's pretty absurd now. I look forward to eventually getting oneshot by a single arrow to the chest because the wearer has +2 all and +weapon damage on everything.

It's really bad already been wiped three times by teams full of purples and blues with weapon damage/phys damage sets. It's night and day from how good the past two nights felt.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 30, 2023

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
SDF did a Q&A last night, here's a link to everything:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-x3yAn_9q0XwDb9TMxAgWXfVaKkuo4AsSZ8wbUOLuHA/edit?pli=1#heading=h.tzc19tcrusgq

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Graysun had a stupid quote about EA Patch 1 and SDF unfortunately repeats his sentiments here:

quote:

Q: Hello. The first major patch since its release into Early Access pleasantly slowed down the PvP component, weakening the characters and limiting various properties, thereby increasing the number of hits required to kill an enemy. Which increased the weight of each player’s personal skill, regardless of the equipment they were wearing. A recent hotfix reversed most of the changes.
Do you plan to return to the state of the properties before the last hotfix?

A: It's not 100% where we want to be, but it's not too far from where we want to be either. We confirmed the minimum line through Patch #1. We are currently checking the maximum line. And the leaderboards will change significantly before launch. Sorry for the constant changes, but we will try to avoid making any adjustments after the leaderboard launches. At that time, only the classes will be adjusted slightly if necessary.

At least they realize +2 all attributes is too strong though they should've known that already.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Oct 3, 2023

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
yeah I was kinda disappointed with a lot of the answers honestly. quests still like 2 months away. haven't even started on druid yet. trading is here to stay, no ideas on how to make HR better to get the sweatlords out of normal lobbies.

they really dropped the ball with the last hotfix. I know they say that streamers and stuff don't effect decisions but there is no way around that a bunch of them complained all day the day of the patch and then the next day it gets reversed. that's still way too fishy for me.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they really dropped the ball with the last hotfix. I know they say that streamers and stuff don't effect decisions but there is no way around that a bunch of them complained all day the day of the patch and then the next day it gets reversed. that's still way too fishy for me.

It could be them trying to cover for that but it does appear the devs like sizable gear gaps and are more into the pve part of the game - their desire for multiple layers in the dungeon speaks to that to me. Also going from 0 to 100 was a goofy move the correct move would be to slowly ratchet back up from EA Patch 1 to get an idea of a supposed sweet spot.

Druid not being started is weird because they were clearly working on Warlock while finishing Bard.

milkman dad posted:

The night of the patch/wipe was great go back to that.

Devs already said they didn't like it even though it was the best the game has played.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Oct 3, 2023

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

The night of the patch/wipe was great go back to that.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

yeah I was kinda disappointed with a lot of the answers honestly.

:yossame:

Unfortunate to see somewhat negative responses to highly requested features. He acknowledges that trading sucks, but also that there are no plans for an auction house. Acknowledges that a practice arena would be nice, but not sure if they will implement it. Literal non-answers about how luck rolls work. No plans for "naked" or PvE-only modes.

I understand not wanting a PvE-only mode, even if I'm the sort of casual that would probably enjoy it. No PvP would probably get too repetitive very quickly. The other stuff kinda baffles me though. Even if the practice arena was nothing but an empty room with a training dummy it would be useful for experimenting with stats/weapons, or practicing blocks/parries with a friend, whatever. Maybe dueling/sparring where the fight ends at 1HP or something to avoid the problem with dying.

And why no plans for an auction house? Ugh. Listen, I'm old, okay? I played Diablo 2 in 2001, and I swear the trade chat in DaD looks loving identical. Bot spam and all. It already sucked 22 years ago, can we not? The only improvement over trading in D2 is not having to join a game to make the trade, because that would be hilariously awful in this game. A player-driven economy is a lot of fun, but being restricted to an archaic trading system is not.

Game is a lot of fun, just think the devs should maybe be a little less stubborn about some quality of life stuff. Feel like it's going to push people away from the game eventually.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

A PvE only mode for this game would be terrible as the game doesn't have much depth to it without the PvP but I'd love a first person co-op multiplayer dungeon crawler.

No auction house is just goofy - the vendors have alleviated the problem somewhat but it still takes you awhile to get a full kit together. Even the dreadful clone Greed is Good has one.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
The gear gap stuff is really offputting to read about.

It seems like whichever game, be it this, Project Crawl, Greed is Good, DREAD or any of the others, that gets this right will be the most popular.

Fangthane
May 16, 2007
Be true, Unbeliever.

Personal Lucubrant posted:

:yossame:

Unfortunate to see somewhat negative responses to highly requested features. He acknowledges that trading sucks, but also that there are no plans for an auction house. Acknowledges that a practice arena would be nice, but not sure if they will implement it. Literal non-answers about how luck rolls work. No plans for "naked" or PvE-only modes.

I understand not wanting a PvE-only mode, even if I'm the sort of casual that would probably enjoy it. No PvP would probably get too repetitive very quickly. The other stuff kinda baffles me though. Even if the practice arena was nothing but an empty room with a training dummy it would be useful for experimenting with stats/weapons, or practicing blocks/parries with a friend, whatever. Maybe dueling/sparring where the fight ends at 1HP or something to avoid the problem with dying.

And why no plans for an auction house? Ugh. Listen, I'm old, okay? I played Diablo 2 in 2001, and I swear the trade chat in DaD looks loving identical. Bot spam and all. It already sucked 22 years ago, can we not? The only improvement over trading in D2 is not having to join a game to make the trade, because that would be hilariously awful in this game. A player-driven economy is a lot of fun, but being restricted to an archaic trading system is not.

Game is a lot of fun, just think the devs should maybe be a little less stubborn about some quality of life stuff. Feel like it's going to push people away from the game eventually.

When D2R was released, one of the first fan created websites that went up was an auction site, where you could post what you were offering/wanted for an item, DM sellers/buyers and haggle if you wanted to, leave feedback and reviews, etc. People really like more modern selling options. it's baffling how people continue to think the 20+ year old "sit in a room and shout about stuff" method is a good idea.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pararoid posted:

The gear gap stuff is really offputting to read about.

It seems like whichever game, be it this, Project Crawl, Greed is Good, DREAD or any of the others, that gets this right will be the most popular.

I don't think the devs really understand what they have (or stole) and I do hope someone following in their footsteps figures that out. I think if gear was more interesting across the board rather than just straight stat increases a gear gap wouldn't feel as bad (thinking old Diablo items which gave you new abilities or increased the strength of a spell/skill). As it is now you just stack stats and a ranger hitting you for 70 for a body shot is never going to feel good.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

They should get rid of the trading system. Let people trade via discord or website but actually have to enter a dungeon to trade and may not be able to trust people or safely extract.

That way you have less people stacking extremely OP things like +20 magical damage for their bard spells to melt people through walls or +10 magical healing for warlocks so they can infinite cast hydra and get their health back infinitely.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I wish I could join a band with people and feed extra stuff/money I find to a collective. I play mostly solo but it feels pretty pointless to go through the cycle alone because it doesn't really feel like I'm building towards anything

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Clans will probably allow for stuff like that, but I'd guess that is quite a ways out.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Devs have come around to the hotfix being a mistake:

quote:

We know many of you are disappointed with this hotfix #14. We are not perfect and we may make mistakes sometimes. We ask for your understanding. We cannot say that we can always make the right choice, but we can promise that we will not stop and constantly strive to find a good direction.

Glad to see it but anybody playing the game regularly who wasn't a sweat and/or streamer could've told them that hotfix was a mistake before it went out. They also said Barbarian is too strong but correctly diagnosed it not being barb itself but spell/song buffs affecting it.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
**Early Access Hotfix #15**
@everyone, We will be doing the hotfix #15 update starting at <t:1696542300>.
When the patch starts, you will not be able to login to the game and players in-game will not be able to enter the matchmaking pool during this time.
Players in a match or in-game will have 30 minutes to complete the match and exit safely.
The server will return to full service 2 hours after the patch starts.

During maintenance, all services, including the website, may be temporarily suspended to update various servers.

**Patch Notes:**
- Fixed an issue where Bard's Warsong was not applying to teammates.
- Fixed an issue where newly added crafted items could not be used even if the class had the elgible Perk equipped.
- Fixed an issue where Ghost King’s Debuff Area Effect was not visible.
- Fixed an issue where players could be killed by traps upon respawning at the Sacrificial Altar.
- Fixed an issue where Portals would not display properly.
- Fixed an issue where monsters would get stuck in certain spots in the Goblin Cave and could not move.
- Barbarian's Iron Will's additional Magic Resistance has been changed from 100 → 60.
- Bard's Beats of Alacrity additional MoveSpeed changed from 15/20/25 → 5/10/15.
- Bard's Harmonic Shield Armor Rating and Magic Resistance changed from 40/40 → 15/15.
- Warlock's Torture Mastery healing's Attribute Ratio Bonus has been changed from 50% → 25%.
- Warlock's Eldritch Shield's magic damage absorption changed from 40 → 25, dark magic damage bonus changed from 40% → 20%, and cost changed from 5 → 10.
- Warlock's Hydra cost changed from 15 → 20.
- Warlock's Ray of Darness's dark magic damage has been changed from 3 → 7, and the cost has been changed from 5 → 10.
- War Maul's Armor Penetration has been changed from 30% → 20%.
- Kris Dagger's animation has been modified.
- The primary modifier for many items have been adjusted.
- The Random Modifiers for items have all been adjusted.
- All legacy items are now gone. Options that are removed or have their min/max values changed will be rerolled or rescaled to accommodate the new data.
- Fountain of Speed's additional MoveSpeed changed from 70 → 50.
- Dungeons now drop high-quality items much more frequently and in greater quantities from all chests and subbosses.
- Merchants no longer sell as many Uncommon (Green) and Rare (Blue) items as before.
- You can no longer preview the Random Modifiers from Jack O'Lantern's merchandise.
- Matchmaking below level 14 has now been removed.

**Developer Comments: **
We want to thank our fans for your extreme patience as we experimented with drastic balance changes during the last week. We have had a lot of internal discussions recently and realized we made a mistake by acting too hastily with Hotfix #14. We want to apologize to everyone for the hasty decisions and we’ve decided to stick to our original plan of starting low and slowly building up. The new Hotfix #15 introduces more targeted random modifiers that we believe still allow players a starting point to build their characters while we work on addressing major imbalances and implementing more viable builds. We still share concerns that the flatter gear may make it less motiviating to find the best gear and we will continue to actively work on this issue. Previous items with random modifiers will automatically be adjusted with the new values. Since we now feel more comfortable with the balance and gear gap, we have decided to try and remove the under 15 matchmaking pool to collect data while we work on an improved matchmaking system.

We also learned a lot about reducing the stress of gearing for a new adventure with the new merchants. We liked the overall effects of having a large amount of gear readily available to the players. However, the one side effect of having merchants selling so many high-quality items was less motivation to loot for gear from the dungeons. In order to incentivize players to hunt the dungeons, we have decided to reduce the number of items directly available from the merchants but have dramatically improved the amount and quality of loot from the chests in the dungeons. The quality of the loot has been increased even more significantly for the High Roller dungeons with high-end chests now giving a chance for Legendary loot. We encourage players to try for themselves and let us know if you think we are getting closer to finding that sweet spot. 

We have learned a tremendous amount this past week and we hope to learn even more with your help. Thank you for your continued support even through the turbulence of Early Access. We hope to see you in the dungeons!

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Goodbye sub 15 queue, I'll miss you.
Patch seems good overall though, assuming the modifier changes means high end gear is noticably worse than it is now.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
I feel like the concern that flatter gear won't make people seek better gear it as questionable as the assertion that taxing the wealthy will make people not try as hard to get rich.