Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Mordiceius posted:

Final alliance raid is very good. If only the first two were as good as this one, it would have been one of my favorites.

How is the final boss theme song?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

New hairs for Buns

Apparently, Meteor Survivor style is also available. I heard that it's not in this pic, but I can't say, because I only recognize Gyr Abanian Plait...

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

Mr. Neutron posted:

How is the final boss theme song?

It's OK. I wouldn't call it a banger. No lyrics I think.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

lines posted:

:negative:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:siren: WARNING! :siren:

Any Mogstation Gear that you have in the Glamour Dresser that has been dyed will have the dye removed when you put it into the Armoire, so you'll have to edit your Glamour Plate(s) and reapply the dye there.

IIRC, this is how it already works for non-Mogstation Gear, so it should be SOP, but there's probably people who don't know this (I only found out in August, myself...).

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh man, the new trophy crystal glams dye so well (specifically the X-1 versions, the X-2 versions have a different channel apparently)

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
My overall feel on the alliance raid now that I’m done -

Fights: StB > ShB > EW > HW > ARR
Story: ARR > ShB > HW > EW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> StB

Combat - The third Myths raid was by far my favorite. I found the fights actually super enjoyable. The first two, I found dreadfully boring. The third raid had the best environments too.

Story - I just don’t give a poo poo about The Twelve and the final tier did little to change that. The story was serviceable but I never felt like it was in any way compelling.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Cleared the EX, was pretty fun, although not that puzzly.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This trial music loving rules

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Final boss of the Alliance raid is cool as hell.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The new pvp gears look cute but I hate PVP a lot :sigh:

I did the MSQ today and will probably continue the AR quests later today if I'm not too tired since I need a break.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

God I need to catch up, I'm still on 6.2 because I got stuck for a few days trying to do the first alliance raid, then mogtomes, plus the general malaise of between patch doldrums got me down even though I had a bunch of content to do. To say nothing of the months I skipped in a deep depression.

I got to fast overnight tonight anyway, if I can't sleep as per usual I'll tackle some MSQ.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

lines posted:

The final boss music is sung by a choir. (Boss spoilers) Which is fitting, given the fight. (Music spoilers) While it's got the Myths of the Realm leitmotif, I also noticed it extended a bit of the raising end to the ARR trailer (and the section in the final boss's theme), coming full circle, which I love. Overall I really like it, though not quite as much as Dedicated to Moonlight.

(Finished spoilers) The whole ending sequence made me cry more than once, too. I found the Twelve really charming, and I hate goodbyes. :argh:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Arist posted:

Oh man, the new trophy crystal glams dye so well (specifically the X-1 versions, the X-2 versions have a different channel apparently)

Don't worry, two dyes is soon!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm annoyed so far at how little voice acting there is so far in the MSQ this patch

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Alder posted:

The new pvp gears look cute but I hate PVP a lot :sigh:

I did the MSQ today and will probably continue the AR quests later today if I'm not too tired since I need a break.

You can honestly just do Frontline roulette once a day for like a week and have enough to get all of the pieces you'd want.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, trophy crystals accumulate extremely fast from the early series rewards, especially now that Frontline roulette has a big series XP bonus.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Onean posted:

The final boss music is sung by a choir. (Boss spoilers) Which is fitting, given the fight. (Music spoilers) While it's got the Myths of the Realm leitmotif, I also noticed it extended a bit of the raising end to the ARR trailer (and the section in the final boss's theme), coming full circle, which I love. Overall I really like it, though not quite as much as Dedicated to Moonlight.

(Finished spoilers) The whole ending sequence made me cry more than once, too. I found the Twelve really charming, and I hate goodbyes. :argh:

Sounds like an homage to part of the Final Fantasy Main Theme as well.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Macaluso posted:

I'm annoyed so far at how little voice acting there is so far in the MSQ this patch

There was an unusual number of silent full cutscenes this time, though only at the start. Kinda makes me wonder if something went haywire behind the scenes and they couldn't get one of the VAs into the booth on time, so they just cut out the VO entirely.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

1stGear posted:

allin tuta

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

What a wonderful phrase!
Allin tuta!
Ain't no passing craze!
It means no worries, for the rest of your days!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Ugh I am having a time. I've spent hours trying to tech support why I'm getting a controller stutter issue. None of the fixes work, I have the Microsoft input inumerator thing disabled, game bar disabled, Xbox app isn't installed and I uninstalled ds4windows. My logs show Microsoft GameInput being constantly reconfigured but I haven't added any new devices in ages to cause all this.

I do have the dalamud fix for the issue but this didn't happen last patch before mods started working again. I haven't been able to raid or dungeon :(

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I finished the MSQ for now :v:

Thoughts on ending

Aww, we will meet again Zero, right?

Also, his tiny older sister who is now a small dragon is so cute esp when she roars :3:

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
I hope Zero returns, but I don't know if it'll be in side content or not. The trouble is that we can't really do a whole other "fixing the void" plotline but if it's side content that'll be really weird.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Oct 4, 2023

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Vermain posted:

There was an unusual number of silent full cutscenes this time, though only at the start. Kinda makes me wonder if something went haywire behind the scenes and they couldn't get one of the VAs into the booth on time, so they just cut out the VO entirely.

Nah, I think they just back loaded it. It's mostly voiced in the back half. Also, don't forget that we've still got all of the MSQ stuff coming in 6.55, which likely shares both a time and money budget with the 6.5 stuff.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

me seeing zero lose her hat: this is bullshit. wtf. this game sucks

me seeing azdaja be so teeny weeny itty bitty tiny so small: this game is the best. i love this game so much

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Since I can’t seem to find dungeon gear images for this patch, is anyone able to tell me what it’s a recolour of?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Ugh I am having a time. I've spent hours trying to tech support why I'm getting a controller stutter issue. None of the fixes work, I have the Microsoft input inumerator thing disabled, game bar disabled, Xbox app isn't installed and I uninstalled ds4windows. My logs show Microsoft GameInput being constantly reconfigured but I haven't added any new devices in ages to cause all this.

I do have the dalamud fix for the issue but this didn't happen last patch before mods started working again. I haven't been able to raid or dungeon :(
and it's not happening in any other games? cause I would start to suspect hardware issues with your USB stuff or motherboard generally but idk

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Wrapped up the new stuff: msq, margrat, alliance raid. Alliance raid is... fine. Like the mechanics are fun but the difficulty is a joke. Easier than Euphro-tier joke. I had 0 deaths, we had 0 whipes, we didn't even have any remotely close calls. This was at 11 am too so it's not like it was a bunch of re-runners, and nobody was posting how to do mechanics. Just a complete joke of a raid. That said, even if they're easy, they are fun fights. Except the last one, which is 1 new mechanic and then a dozen old ones and it is a big zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Did not like, don't hate the raid but it's going down towards the bottom in my tier list. That said, Llymlaen rules. If I end up going corsair, maybe I'll grab a fantasia the next time they are on sale to swap.

MSQ was actually pretty good, liked all of it. The trial in particular was top tier, hilariously brutal. We pulled through but there was a lot of deaths. Loved it, going to jump on doing it all the time just for laughs.

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.

HackensackBackpack posted:

Since I can’t seem to find dungeon gear images for this patch, is anyone able to tell me what it’s a recolour of?
It's a recolor of the Exarchic Set.

Eorzea Collection already has pictures of all the new 6.5 gear.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Daraken posted:

Should have thought to check there. Thanks. Disappointing, but it’s all right. I haven’t liked a lot of the sets this expansion. Very few items jumped out to me as must haves.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Martman posted:

and it's not happening in any other games? cause I would start to suspect hardware issues with your USB stuff or motherboard generally but idk

Nope, it's always been only with ffxiv, but it hasn't happened in over a year. One of things I did worked eventually at any rate, right when I run out of time to play :v:

E: also, because I am a complete moron, I did not think to just go play on my ps5...

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 4, 2023

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
This game has gotta stop hittin me with Meteon's theme :qq:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Daraken posted:

I can't belive the Martial Artist's Set is just a reg shirt and then it's sleeveless version right next to it :v:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I happened to walk up to that cutscene during a short gap in anyone speaking and so had no loving clue what I was supposed to say until the narrator told me, and if anyone tells me that they did remember before being told, they're a loving liar

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Macaluso posted:

This game has gotta stop hittin me with Meteon's theme :qq:
Or at least give us the Orchestrion Roll for it! It's still the theme dearest to my heart.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

World War Mammories posted:

I happened to walk up to that cutscene during a short gap in anyone speaking and so had no loving clue what I was supposed to say until the narrator told me, and if anyone tells me that they did remember before being told, they're a loving liar

I was relieved it wasn't one of those menu choices.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

New EX seems fun even if we couldn't get through meteors clean. Excited to give it another go tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

drip check