Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
I experienced a lot of emote spam last season the moment I crossed into Infinite towards the end of week 2. I'd guess it was less than 5% of my matches. It's just bizarre behavior, and I don't know if it's kids (I hope it's kids) or adults (it's probably adults). Like the game's core concept is a betting mechanic. Sometimes you bet and lose, sometimes you bet and win. But people take it personally which is just something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Bad poker players have gone on tilt and made dumb choices since forever. It's their problem.

I'm actually surprised how often people do cool stuff. Fist bumps or emotes when cool poo poo happens. Other games have been more toxic.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
I think I leave games too fast to notice much emote spam. I notice the occasional stuff but honestly I'm usually already moving on to the next game in my mind. I would still like to turn off emotes entirely though, I don't feel like they are any value to the experience

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

The only emote spamming I enjoy is when you are facing a mirror and play the exact same cards each turn and are pointing Spider-man at each other

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
yeah we should probably mostly be thankful that even with the number of people who like to try to be shitheads with emotes, SD managed to put in one legitimately good and pertinent emote with Pointing Spider-Man

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
Pointing spider man is good, I also sometimes say hello at the beginning of a match

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Red posted:

How does Mysterio count towards Hit-Monkey?

Psikotik posted:

Acts like 3 cards being played, same as it does for Bishop.

Not only that, but for some reason if you Bast them, they're all 3 power instead of the clones being 0, and the clones count for Elsa.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
My name is "Aaaargh!" and I usually say "Aaaargh!" at the beginning of the match and in response to any emotes the opponent does

but sometimes my opponent beats me to the Aaaargh! at the beginning which is delightful

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I sometimes get toxic emote spamming but not a lot.

The good interactions far outnumber the bad.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I use the Deadpool frequently when I do something boneheaded or a bad location screws my board. And I will make frowny faces at bad X-mansion cards.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I just wish it were easier to emote cards on my android.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

You can claim the Dr Strange Midnight Suns variant now

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I just wish it were easier to emote cards on my android.

It's been (nearly) a year, and I'll keep harping on it, but the Android bug where tapping on anything that "floats" over the board, like the emotes or card reactions, STILL also taps on the card or location that's below" it is perpetually infuriating.

There are times where I get so loving frustrated trying to see what card an opponent's Iron Lad copied because, for some reason, it doesn't show during the animation, and since I don't have every cart art memorized by what the very right edge looks like, it can take a loving dozen taps to finally get it to "swap" to the copied card that's "under" the Iron Lad. Yes, plenty of cards Iron Lad copies will have their own animation/sound effect play, or will do some other effect to make it obvious, but not all.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Cattail Prophet posted:

I could see her putting in work in a slightly unorthodox destroy deck, where the main goal is to pump up either Deadpool or Nimrod. The card list wouldn't necessarily look that different, but you'd need to change the way you approach playing it.

Thanos destory, with carnage and the like to eat up a few stones?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

DrBouvenstein posted:

It's been (nearly) a year, and I'll keep harping on it, but the Android bug where tapping on anything that "floats" over the board, like the emotes or card reactions, STILL also taps on the card or location that's below" it is perpetually infuriating.

Is that specific to specific phones/versions of Android? I used to have that issue (also on Android) but it got fixed... ~4/5 months ago?

Card emote are still loving infuriating, though - I found the most reliable way is to try to tap the top half of the emote, but even then it's hit-or-miss.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Big update downloading rn

e: nothing, i thought there was supposed to be a balance patch?

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Oct 3, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Balance patch notes, in brief:

• Mojo now triggers if both locations are full (so works on Space Throne)
• Uatu 1/2 => 1/1, "at the start of the game show you the rightmost location"
• Cable 2/2 => 3/4
• Mantis 1/2 => 2/3
• Maria Hill 2/3 => 1/2, add a 2-drop to your hand (was a 1-drop or 2-drop)

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Quackles posted:

Balance patch notes, in brief:

• Mojo now triggers if both locations are full (so works on Space Throne)
• Uatu 1/2 => 1/1, "at the start of the game show you the rightmost location"
• Cable 2/2 => 3/4
• Mantis 1/2 => 2/3
• Maria Hill 2/3 => 1/2, add a 2-drop to your hand (was a 1-drop or 2-drop)

Why did Uatu need a nerf?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Billy Gnosis posted:

It's not a nerf, it's a change. So it's like HE or Thanos where at the start of the match its effect takes place and you see the right zone.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
The Maria Hill buff is clearly the most significant. I think she will now almost always be better than Agent 13.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
Best change and it's not even close.

"Card Quality Preview: When previewing cards in the Shop (Bundles, Daily Offer, and Token Shop), players will be able to view a card at any Quality Level (Epic, Legendary, Ultra, etc)."

Billy Gnosis posted:

Sounds like the reasoning is at 1/2 he would be in every pool 1 deck? At least that's how i parsed it.

This feels like the least consequential patch we have had in awhile.

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 3, 2023

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Billy Gnosis posted:

It's not a nerf. He now only gives you information on one location, but he just needs to be in your deck, not your hand.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Billy Gnosis posted:

It's a buff. He now works even if you don't draw him.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The lamest fuckin’ update we’ve ever had

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Datamined new/altered cards

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
firestar looks really funny

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010
Please Mr. Brode just kill Alioth. I haven't hated a card like this since original Zabu.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Crummelhorn posted:

Please Mr. Brode just kill Alioth. I haven't hated a card like this since original Zabu.

At least old Galactus was pretty telegraphed. This alioth poo poo...

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Can someone explain how America Chavez being on the bottom of your deck is a nerf? You're still getting it on turn 6, you know that you're not drawing her until she can be played, so you get your other stuff first still?

Unless there is just another nerf incoming that I am missing? Her being on the bottom of the deck seems irrelevant, but I guess I more just don't understand why that is even being changed.

Aside, I played a lot near the launch, and just now got back into the game. I had no idea that there were different Infinity Split effect options! I had thought it was just a progression system where you first got the rainbow foil ( The only effect I think I've seen on my splits? ), then the like orbiting comet, etc.

I thought I had previously split like 3 times and then couldn't split anymore once I had gotten it to Infinity. Was this a change in the months following release?

Now really, this could just be me being bad, up until this past season, the top level I would get to was early ~20's. This past season I finally broke into mid 40's and I was pleased as punch.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Crummelhorn posted:

With this patch coming and going the card won’t get nerfed for another four weeks. Welcome to Hell everyone

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Sandwolf posted:

With this patch coming and going the card won’t get nerfed for another four weeks. Welcome to Hell everyone

He might get OTAed.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Can someone explain how America Chavez being on the bottom of your deck is a nerf? You're still getting it on turn 6, you know that you're not drawing her until she can be played, so you get your other stuff first still?

Unless there is just another nerf incoming that I am missing? Her being on the bottom of the deck seems irrelevant, but I guess I more just don't understand why that is even being changed.

Aside, I played a lot near the launch, and just now got back into the game. I had no idea that there were different Infinity Split effect options! I had thought it was just a progression system where you first got the rainbow foil ( The only effect I think I've seen on my splits? ), then the like orbiting comet, etc.

I thought I had previously split like 3 times and then couldn't split anymore once I had gotten it to Infinity. Was this a change in the months following release?

Now really, this could just be me being bad, up until this past season, the top level I would get to was early ~20's. This past season I finally broke into mid 40's and I was pleased as punch.

Her being on the bottom of the deck isn't a nerf and it was a measure to prevent her from getting stuck at the top of the deck which meant she was unnaturally more likely to get scanned by iron lad or grabbed by jubilee etc

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Crummelhorn posted:

Alioth is a tremendously stupid card, his ability is completely OP.

Naturally I'm playing the hell out of him.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Quackles posted:

He might get OTAed.

All they can edit with that is his numbers which are not even close to the problem

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

It's a real bummer when my Shanna/Ant-Man/Kazar/Debrii play gets taken out by a T6 Killmonger but it's fun to watch all the little explosions.

uXs posted:

Alioth is a tremendously stupid card, his ability is completely OP.

Naturally I'm playing the hell out of him.

Yeah he's definitely broken but he's also the only way I got to Infinite last season. The nerf is coming and I'm gonna use him while I can.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sandwolf posted:

It's OG Shuri all over again. Either you have him, tech against him, or just lose to him.

I got suckered back in by Bynx's Agatha deck and bought Loki despite my best judgment. Loki decks are boring, but Loki and Agatha are hilarious.

Also, people are stupidly sweaty in Proving Grounds. I might just start conceding instead of dragging it out, but it is fun to win with Agatha.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If you know Alioth is broken op and you’re abusing him to climb, you won’t see heaven

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Xguard86 posted:

At least old Galactus was pretty telegraphed. This alioth poo poo...

loving signed

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Sandwolf posted:

All they can edit with that is his numbers which are not even close to the problem

Eh he’d be considerably worse at like 6/2

That said he’ll probably be in some spotlights over the next 6 weeks, then he’ll get nerfed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

They better unnerf Galactus if they nerf Alioth