Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Wrex Ruckus posted:

yeah he's toast lmbo

god that owns, republicans own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
The House is, as usual, in a state of chaos.

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1709308845908971758?s=20

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

chaos reigns!!

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

:chaostrump:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'm glad dems actually did something extremely funny and went with the dumbest, most chaotic option

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Nope, born with it.

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

mdemone posted:

it's just the Overton window accelerating rightwards, but I miss the guy.

he was not a complicated man.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol I was waiting for that picture to show up

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Louisgod posted:

I'm glad dems actually did something extremely funny and went with the dumbest, most chaotic option

fast forward to 6 months from now when the next speaker is kevin mccarthy.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

:discourse:

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

SO THAT HAPPENED

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Louisgod posted:

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Scarabrae posted:

SO THAT HAPPENED

right?!

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
usa # 1 baybeee
https://twitter.com/RajaKorman/status/1708491871822225425

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So now the only thing the house can do is vote to elect a new speaker and can’t move on until one is voted in, right?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

republican aborted before reaching full term

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I know I'm ignorant but can they actually elect Trump to House Speaker?

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

do they have to have another vote for speaker

cause it could be even funnier now that Gaetz and the Freedom Caucus are riding high

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

deathbysnusnu posted:

fast forward to 6 months from now when the next speaker is kevin mccarthy.

That's what confuses me. There is no person in the House Republican caucus who both

1. can get the votes of the majority of Republicans and
2. wants the job.

I can't imagine Scalise or McHenry being any more popular with the Gaetz wing of the party than McCarthy.

Hirsute
May 4, 2007

Diabetic posted:

Yes they actually can!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
also, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-F5dttoYhY

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

apparently the secret new shadow speaker bowtie guy has all the powers of speaker automatically until they elect vote on a new one anyway

great system

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

did the pass a budget or is that now behind picking new class prez?

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

the gatez wing of the party is willing to burn everything down till they get what they want

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
did someone seriously unironically say they miss gwb? get your poo poo together trumothrwd

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

I’m actually pretty surprised the Dems were able to whip 0 votes to keep McCarthy.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Vox Nihili posted:

apparently the secret new shadow speaker bowtie guy has all the powers of speaker automatically until they elect vote on a new one anyway

great system

did they ask the parmaseantarian's permission though???

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

VideoKid posted:

the gatez wing of the party is willing to burn everything down till they get what they want

he’s just trying to burn evidence of his many sex crimes, but hey if it takes the remaining GOP with him sure I mean why not

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Still don't understand why the govt would kill everyone except for the most annoying people

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

a helpful bear posted:

did someone seriously unironically say they miss gwb? get your poo poo together trumothrwd

prolonged exposure to posting causes permanent brain damage

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

Lol, imagine being surprised or shocked that this happened.

https://twitter.com/Olivia_Beavers/status/1709310557546070423

Anyway, the US Government is funded for 42 more days. I hope we have a Speaker by mid-November to threaten to damage the economy.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Vox Nihili posted:

great system

can gaetz just keep teeing up new votes to kick out each new acting speaker?

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

dads friend steve posted:

I’m actually pretty surprised the Dems were able to whip 0 votes to keep McCarthy.

They'll probably get enough votes to reinstate mccarthy in exchange for "moderate" republicans passing a debt ceiling. Being masterful negotiators they'll have to add in a tax cut for super billionaires and an end to social security despite having all of the cards.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

a helpful bear posted:

I still have debates with my dad over whether trump or gwb is worse. I think GWB was worse for the world overall, but trumps handling of covid made me rate him worse domestically

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

William Bear posted:

Lol, imagine being surprised or shocked that this happened.

https://twitter.com/Olivia_Beavers/status/1709310557546070423

Anyway, the US Government is funded for 42 more days. I hope we have a Speaker by mid-November to threaten to damage the economy.

Lol

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

lmfao

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Louisgod posted:

such a rare thing I’m sure they will gently caress it up but gotta bask in it for a second

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Diabetic posted:

yes

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Washington is broken!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

deathbysnusnu posted:

They'll probably get enough votes to reinstate mccarthy in exchange for "moderate" republicans passing a debt ceiling.

lol then the republicans will stab them in the back and refuse to vote for it unless they also agree to dissolve the department of education and sell off all the national parks