Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

The "random vulnerable people, please DM me all your personal information, because I promise I'm an ally and I love you" tweet, except a real post

boba unironically had this as her avatar text for a long time lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

sebmojo posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027397&pagenumber=2#post535015679

I posted a draft of some text to explain how SA uses information it collects, please have a read and let me know if you think it needs tweaking or additional explanations in that thread.

Does it still promise to give our info to hobos in exchange for a hj?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
the neopets and weird fyad strategy claim

Happy Thread posted:

According to a mod in there, Cuntellectual is in the queue to be hopefully perma'd for today's stunningly embarrassing display of concern trolling to harass the trans thread, while unconvincingly and falsely claiming ignorance about what FYAD is.

But I'd like to just point out some context for this post by ArfJason.

Two FYAD posts from Cuntellectual this year and 3 more posts in 2016 (in the IK selection thread nonetheless) is precisely what it looks like when a FYAD regular accidentally leaves their alt account signed in while replying in the pink forum.

Obviously. A rando account that only literally only posts in games otherwise has no explanation for jumping in the Trans thread while claiming to know intimate details of FYAD drama.

Jack Daniels even immediately probed them both times in 2016, for accidentally using the wrong account. Going by their post history, it's the alt account that a FYAD regular used exclusively for games forum posting, to build up post history in there as their cover for whenever it was time to bring that alt out. Really basic online griefing trick. They hosed up once or twice but no one found those needles in a haystack until a mod decided to do a lot of manual digging after a serious callout.

You, a leading FYAD regular, know that this was a case of a FYAD alt account, and that it often happens that way by accident. Someone as close friends with the others likely knows exactly whose alt it was that just got got. Stop coming in here to bullshit the rest of us. Kindly show yourself the door and stay the gently caress out of these threads where you're constantly 100% manipulative, just like that poster in the Trans thread was today, instead of immediately barging in to do damage control for how their story gets retold.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sestze posted:

Actually very good points, and it is something special that a group of FYAD regulars came in to shout this post down and post about neopets for five pages in an attempt to drop the conversation

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

I mean, this is literally one of things straight out of the playbook they used to get QCS shuttered, so only people who haven't been paying attention would be surprised.

Sestze posted:

i feel that if it's brought up every few pages or so, the people that lemming in here to defend FYAD will be the same group of dudes each time.

isolating some actual fyadposters so people can't really say "oh he was never part of fyad, never seen him before"

on another note, how many of you remember Taylor Swift? Not the famous singer, but the poster on Something Awful Dot Com?

They were banned in April of 2018 for having what could only be described as a hilariously racist twitter account, and they were sniffed out in the Fortnite thread in Games. Not too much to look at, but he was the active moderator for the Gaming Garbage discord up until that banning occurred, where he would regularly post anime tits and nazi vaporwave memes from Identity Europa along with the rest of his group of friends.

When cornered in the fortnite thread (really, the fortnite thread), his main defense for posting some truly awful racist bullshit on his twitter and the aforementioned new-wave-retro nazi propaganda was:

This rear end in a top hat's rise to what can only be considered a lackluster amount of power was due to two things: first, the GBS 2.0 reboot that caused a flood of actual bigots to take over that space until it was rightfully fumigated, and second, general abandonment of the GG discord to whoever was interested in it.

Administration acted swiftly by banning Tay, as well as demodding from the GG server and reshuffling the entire moderation staff there (seeing as most of the moderators there were friends of Tay)

but if you check Tay's rapsheet, there's not a single iota of bigotry beforehand, people just had to connect some dots and post what he was doing offsite to uncover that he was an actual white supremacist (or an incredibly in-depth ironic white supremacist) so yes, bigots are wily in the sense that a lot of them won't spout outright slurs unless they don't give a poo poo, they'll just post cloaked stuff, ask for avenues of discussion to be shut down for the sake of decorum, so on and so forth.

there was also the insanely weird ongoing claim that Taylor Swift the singer was a secret white supremacist and it was all coded messages or something, and the evidence usually boiled down to "well she's not condemning them enough"

pentyne fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Oct 4, 2023

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm still sad that nobody could find the SA Neopets thread that involved scheming about how to defeat children in art contests, because I want to believe so bad

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

pentyne posted:

the neopets and weird fyad strategy claim

there was also the insanely weird ongoing claim that Taylor Swift the singer was a secret white supremacist and it was all coded messages or something, and the evidence usually boiled down to "well she's not condemning them enough"

that was a fun lil internet fake conspiracy for a bit. it was funny. im sure they got tricked and thought it was real tho

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

pentyne posted:

isn’t that still a thing in some parts of the internet?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the conspirarcy was that since tay tay is white and blonde that makes her a secret nazi

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
then she said vote for the democrats and it caused a mildly amusing right wing meltdown

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I thought the current conspiracy was that tay tay was secret trans, according to the deranged people who post pictures of celebrities with their crotches circled

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

charlie kirk asking if kelce will have a broken heart from t swift or the covid shot first genuinely made me burst out laughing. in conclusion, i am now a swiftie. talk negatively about her at your peril...

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I thought the current conspiracy was that tay tay was secret trans, according to the deranged people who post pictures of celebrities with their crotches circled

transpiracists will do this all the time, there's no point trying to discern the Pattern imo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
despite it being blatant bigotry it's just extremely funny to me that there's an online fandom about drawing mspaint circles around the crotches of celebrities

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you need to internalize the racism thought in disco elysium before posting

I should really get back to that game. I started it... a year ago, lol, gently caress. The weird thing is I remember exactly where I stopped: end of Day 1 with nothing left to do aside from go over my notes

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

they've done it to every single actress and actor you can think of including charlie day because he was fat in always sunny this became him being secretly pregnant during that season, actually

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I should really get back to that game. I started it... a year ago, lol, gently caress. The weird thing is I remember exactly where I stopped: end of Day 1 with nothing left to do aside from go over my notes

its a good game

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Tunicate posted:

Does it still promise to give our info to hobos in exchange for a hj?

It's implicit now rather than black letter

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's real good

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I think I'm gonna try to Disco & Yakuza this month. Been far too long for both

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

That's the thread where I said "a good start" and got accused of being a white supremacist lol. It was so confusing and I ended up apologizing even though I still didn't understand it

That phase ended pretty quickly
goons think dogwhistles are manchurian candidate type activation codes hidden into innocuous phrases and that not only does perpetually looking into everything for the secret Himmlerkode make fhem Clearly not racist, but catching it in the act? well now they're fighting the genocidal maniacs off themselves, semper five baby :thaoldme:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm all tied up with cyberpunk, I was planning to just do the DLC but before I knew it I had a new character.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

that's quite the dual career plan

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I picked up The Lamplighters League because it came out today and it's pretty fun so far.

A mix of RTS stealth and turn-based combat, so it's kinda like Jagged Alliance 3, except instead of '80s mercenaries in a third-world country, you're commanding '30s mercs and going all Indiana Jones globe trotting to get into the Tower of Babel.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The big reveal that TB was actually a rich white woman pretending to be a poor black lady online never stops being funny to me.

Wait is there a post for this or was it offsite because almost every defense in the permaban thread is just "she's black"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mycot posted:

Wait is there a post for this or was it offsite because almost every defense in the permaban thread is just "she's black"

She was slashie, a rich New York society heiress. It was IP confirmed or some poo poo. I remember Jeff or Fluffdaddy or someone posting about it but not where.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

hell yeah

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

She was slashie, a rich New York society heiress. It was IP confirmed or some poo poo. I remember Jeff or Fluffdaddy or someone posting about it but not where.

I think you're confusing that with someone else? I remember a Slashie alt getting revealed but it wasn't her

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think you're confusing that with someone else? I remember a Slashie alt getting revealed but it wasn't her

no, it’s correct

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

that's one of the best parts wtf synthy

i remember we had to bully u in an iz thread to get u to play it

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

can an IK here sixer me to advertise SAW starting in 15 minutes? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4036635&pagenumber=76&perpage=40

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Slashie was the one who ended up logging into the wrong account to continue an argument and outed herself, KM and Co later insisted it was just a joke and not really an alt.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

what the gently caress

This place is too much for me sometimes, man

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

im slashie and i love money ama

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

symbolic posted:

im slashie and i love money ama

Can I have some money

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ama time is over

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
lol

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

HopperUK posted:

Can I have some money
gently caress beat m-

symbolic posted:

ama time is over

goD DAMMIT

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Some unintentionally prophetic quotes

quote:

And a lot of the reactions to her reminded me of a rather high school attitude, where conviction gets treated like a fault and if you aren't apathetic or dismissive you are crazy or overreacting. She could've chosen to hide who she was, to pretend to be like any other goon and not make waves so as to keep her rap sheet pristine. But she took the harder path, by being real about who she was and how she felt, and sadly there's a hefty price to pay for that in these communities.

quote:

every black woman on SA is apparently the same person

Also she's just openly being referred to as slashie, so it was a open secret?

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

symbolic posted:

ama time is over

Read that as anime time. FD would be so mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
slashie outed herself by responding to someone accusing slashie of doxxing as her TB account (as a result of a post by Pick of all people)

Pick posted:

Slashie was on my rear end for a while but I don't remember why.

Fluo posted:

She's pretty unhinged rich person syndrome. I still laugh how she claimed to have been oppressed because when growing up in her multimillionaire house right next to central park she didn't have a garden and wasn't allowed to dig up central park.

Every once in a while she pops up around the internet trying to doxx me and such, get in touch with family and friends claiming I murdered people or am a paedophile or some other super serious crime. It's really weird and creepy.

All because 3-4 years ago I claimed it wasn't racist for white people to have dreadlocks.

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Dude I've been right here posting about project runway and making fun of the occasional E/N person. I have no idea who you are and I've never doxxed anyone in my life.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

What the gently caress did I just read
Honest to god can somebody explain what just happened. Tiny Brontosaurus accidently outed herself as slashie?