Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

If you could hear how the sausage was made it would ruin the magic of football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I won't be satisfied until we get a live feed of the VAR, getting just the audio means they'll pretend to sound all professional while passing notes that say "Time to count the money i got from oil corruption. Im rich b*tch"

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Just read the transcript and im here for the memes. pls post the good ones

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Nuclear Spoon posted:

it was absolutely a gently caress up but i still think fear was a significant factor in it - more than just "lol doss oval office refs on the take" in this specific scenario.

fear the check would bounce

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Do VAR except in the style of Premier League Fan Zone

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

https://twitter.com/lfc/status/1709267123766186445?s=46

ha ha

E: well done boys, good process.

The Kingfish fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 3, 2023

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?
I thought the AI offsides worked fine at the World Cup, and the automated goal-line systems have been great, plus nothing can go wrong with technology. The simple binary decisions: 'did the ball cross the line?', 'was the player offside?' should be automated IMO.

One more thing, the AI will award penalties to Liverpool whenever the vibes are down, for the good of sporting integrity.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

good

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

The amount of noise around this is quite funny given arsenal had a critical offside decision go against it in a tight title race, the ref was actually fired and there was about 1/10th the press.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Let’s appeal a red card that the VAR called the ref over to review because he thought it warranted more than a yellow. Big brain time at Liverpoo

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
The VAR obviously didn't watch the game very closely, as has been proven by the released audio, so it was a cool and good appeal.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

This season could easily see all the relegated teams pick up less than 25 points

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

lmao

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Klopp wants them to replay the Spurs match which is fine with me, as long as Liverpool starts the match with 9 players.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

And also we replay Liverpool v Wolves from 2019.

And also Liverpool start that one with 9 men as well.

And the loser's club is abolished.

Unless it's Wolves.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Hey, it's only fair. The VAR gently caress-up vs Wolves in the cup resulted in Liverpool having to replay a game!

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
I'm down if we get to replay the 2019 Champions League final 'cause of the dodgy penalty against Sissoko that hit his shoulder.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
It all evens out in the end.

It’s a funny old game.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Blinkz0rz posted:

I'm down if we get to replay the 2019 Champions League final 'cause of the dodgy penalty against Sissoko that hit his shoulder.

that could be replayed 100x and the result would not change lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
*every Leeds fan in the world comes in with a HUGE recording of the 1975 european cup final*

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

tbp posted:

that could be replayed 100x and the result would not change lol

you're dreaming m8

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

but more importantly it's so much fun seeing klopp and liverpoo fans crying and whining about a bad call like they haven't been the beneficiaries of those same kind of calls for years

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Blinkz0rz posted:

you're dreaming m8

you think that spurs will win a european cup and i'm the one "dreaming". be for real

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

tbp posted:

you think that spurs will win a european cup and i'm the one "dreaming". be for real

you think that if that penalty hadn't happened the game would have been exactly the same? lmao

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Blinkz0rz posted:

you think that if that penalty hadn't happened the game would have been exactly the same? lmao

i think you could even start the game 1-0 up and the result would be the same yes

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Blinkz0rz posted:

Spurs would still have scored 0 goals in European cup finals, and Big Div still would've scored, because it's spurs.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

As long as Harry Kane is playing in that match Spurs never win

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Shrapnig posted:

Klopp wants them to replay the Spurs match which is fine with me, as long as Liverpool starts the match with 9 players.

they should replay this game, where jota doesn't get a red

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

tbf he did say he didn't expect it would actually happen, but I'm feeling pretty good about my preseason prediction of Klopp for biggest meltdown

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

tristeham posted:

Klopp tells Ryan Mason who had his playing career ended by a head injury in his 20's that he should "focus on other things" when he brought this challenge up after the game.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

tristeham posted:

i wonder if skipp should have even still been on the pitch :thinking:

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
just lol at this whole situation. amazing content

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

We should replay all the games Liverpool won and none of the ones they lost

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

We should replay all the games Liverpool won and none of the ones they lost

just the ones with paid off officials will do fine

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Blinkz0rz posted:

Lad,

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Proud of Klopp for being fair and balanced as usual. It’s also telling that supporters of other teams are afraid of a replay.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Xabi posted:

Proud of Klopp for being fair and balanced as usual. It’s also telling that supporters of other teams are afraid of a replay.

There's a lot of bad people out there!

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Lmao at klopp claiming this is the first wrongly disallowed goal under VAR. Always the victims...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

FullLeatherJacket posted:

lmao that Mac Allister is now likely going to eat a three-game ban for saying that Spurs had 12 men

its a term of endearment in spanish